2018 Ivf babies

Is in vitro fertilization helping you achieve your dream of parenthood? Discuss IVF, FET, donor egg and surrogacy here!

Moderators: unaffected, JessM, southernbelle, maddy

Re: 2018 Ivf babies

Postby sunshinepgh84 » Tue Nov 07, 2017 9:03 am

Hi everyone! Hope all is well!

I had my sono last week and everything looks perfecto, so that's great. I have my IVF follow up appointment on Monday where we basically have to pay. I called my insurance company to check on medication coverage and she might as well have been speaking another language to me. That's so frustrating! I'm calling YOU for help so why are you asking me questions, I don't know what this stuff is! It seem like a really easy questions - are fertility meds covered - but I didn't get a straight answer.

It's all very confusing!
TTC #1 since December 2015
Me (33) DH (34)
Normal HSG for me, normal SA for him
March/April/May 2017: Clomid BFN
June 2017: IUI Testing Cycle
July 2017: Testing complete. Diagnosed with Diminished Ovarian Reserve/Unexplained
August/September/October 2017: Clomid + IUI - BFN
November-December - Starting IVF

sunshinepgh84
BabyDuster
BabyDuster

Postby pandagrl » Tue Nov 07, 2017 10:36 am

Kawanmk and Bellami, welcome ladies! This forum is a great place to learn about IVF. I also listened to a lot of podcasts, which I found super informative. My favourites are Beat Infertility and Creating a Family. The host of Beat Infertility has these great bonus sessions (IVF101, infertility explained, etc) with reproductive endocrinologist Dr. Allison Rogers (who herself had one of her kids through IVF) and I think I learned the most from these sessions. Good luck with your cycles, keep us posted!

BB - how exciting, sending you baby dust for the best Christmas present ever!

Sunshine - hope your insurance company can sort out for you which meds are covered. Maybe call them back and try to get someone else on the phone? A lot of meds are interchangeable so they might be trying to figure all that out. Your doctor should be able to help.
Me 41, SO 46

IUI #1 - 8/2015 - BFP but miscarried
4 more IUI's in 2016, all BFN

IVF - ER 3/3/2017 - canceled cycle (partner couldn't produce sperm - almost killed him)
9 eggs frozen
5/2/2017 - 6 eggs made the thaw and all fertilized
5/7/2017 - 1 embryo transferred - BFN
2 frosties remaining

7/22/2017 - natural BFP - chemical
8/21/2017 - another natural BFP :omg:

pandagrl
TTC Princess
TTC Princess

Postby sunshinepgh84 » Tue Nov 07, 2017 11:17 am

Panda- Awesome about the podcasts! I signed up for Beat Infertility but haven't listened yet. I will start!

It sounds like we might have some coverage for meds, which would be amazing. Financially we are fine, but obviously any help would be fantastic.
Me (33) DH (34)
July 2017: Testing complete. Diagnosed with Diminished Ovarian Reserve/Unexplained

sunshinepgh84
BabyDuster
BabyDuster

Postby BethH » Tue Nov 07, 2017 11:27 am

Kawanmk and Bellami - welcome, you will find this thread to be a great resource.
Sunshine - hopefully your insurance company smartens up!
Johnny - congrats on being PUPO!
BB - exciting that you are gearing up for FET!
Nicksy - how are you, my friend? Take care of yourself.
Danaa - how are you feeling?
Panda - you're well into the second trimester now, hope you're doing well!
Sorry if I missed anyone!
AFM - I've had another blood test and the beta level increased appropriately. I'll have an ultrasound next week. I'm not really having any symptoms. I had pretty bad cramping before my positive beta, I think this was implantation. My breasts did swell initially but they have actually gotten less full/sore. Most persistent symptom is fatigue. I never used to nap and now I am fighting sleep mid afternoon every day. I'm praying this is our take home baby.
TTC #1 since January 2016!
Me (29): probable diminished ovarian reserve
DH (30): slightly low morphology
IVF#1 micro dose lupron Sep/Oct 2017 - pregnant!

My Ovulation Chart

BethH
TTC Diva
TTC Diva

Postby sunshinepgh84 » Wed Nov 08, 2017 10:26 am

Welp. If there was a positive in my sono, there's a huge negative in my AMH.

It went way down from .9 to .4.

That's really bad. I'm hoping, praying, that I can get through this IVF cycle and get at least 1 embryo out of it. It's terribly nerve-wracking. I'm just hoping that my age helps, but otherwise, that level is like NOT GOOD.

I just keep expecting the worst, so at this point, I'm not even upset. It's Diminished Ovarian Reserve for sure. I may not even respond to the IVF drugs.
Me (33) DH (34)

sunshinepgh84
BabyDuster
BabyDuster

Postby Danaa » Wed Nov 08, 2017 10:47 am

Sunshine I’m really sorry to hear this,remember one is all it takes!!Im fxing hard for you!!
Beth I feel you on the fatigue thing.
My Ovulation Chart
Me 29
DH 31
After 3 years in which we tried everything we are doing IVF in Greece with Iakentro Athens.
Short Protocol with Bemfola and Cetrotide
19mature eggs and we have 9 day5 blasto.
FET#1 ended in a loss around 5 weeks
FET#2 ended in a loss at 22w due to IC,my boys will be forever in my heart .
FET#3 ?
Danaa
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby geeky_gab » Wed Nov 08, 2017 11:00 am

Good morning ladies,
I am sorry I wasn't around lately, I was actually just waiting for some news from the clinic... We are officially on our IVF cycle, starting Estrace on the 21st (CD9 now)! I am scared but mostly excited as it has been a while since we'd had a true hope for a bfp. Panda, thanks for your reply, it is very reassuring! Although it is unlikely we get a bfp this cycle, the RE said natural BFP right before the IVF cycle were very common (!)... I don't know how I feel about that, I was looking forward to having a cycle I wouldn't have to monitor! lol
And, I just paid the clinic and if I were pregnant, they apparently would not refund our IVF procedure. I think that just can't be right... but we will most probably be moving to IVF anyways so, I am trying not to worry too much (can you tell it's not working ;) )
Hope everyone is well and congrats Beth, I am happy for you ! Sunshine, looks like we're back on the same thread again (from IUI), hopefully, this is our bfp one! :)
TTC since Dec. 2014 - "unexplained infertility"
Me : 36
DH : 37
IUI #1 (Femara+Ovidrel) : May 23rd 2016 BFN
IUI #2 (Femara+Ovidrel) : September 14th 2016 BFN
IUI #3 (Femara+Ovidrel) : October 11th 2016 BFN
IUI # 4 (Clomid+Ovidrel) : November 8th BFN
Laparoscopy May 29th, fibroid removed, cyst on fallopian tube removed, stage 1 endo removed.
IUI #5 (Femara+Ovidrel) August 20th BFN
IUI #6 (Femara+Menopur+Ovidrel) September 15th BFN
IUI #7 (Femara+Menopur+Ovidrel) October
geeky_gab
TTC Princess
TTC Princess

Postby mglupe1979 » Wed Nov 08, 2017 4:44 pm

Why, why i was so exited to start the fet transfer for this month. I called the office and they said not this month cause it will fall around thanksgiving weekend and they will be closed. Im once again crotch. I was told to call back in Dec. But the same might happen again, it will fall on Christmas weekend
mglupe1979
TTC Diva
TTC Diva

Postby Danaa » Wed Nov 08, 2017 4:48 pm

Mglupe Im really sorry but from experience I tell you is best not to have it done close to holidays,is stressful and exhausting.I know it doesn’t sound and feel like it now but maybe the new year will bring you luck.
My Ovulation Chart
Me 29
DH 31
After 3 years in which we tried everything we are doing IVF in Greece with Iakentro Athens.
FET#3 ?
Danaa
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby mglupe1979 » Wed Nov 08, 2017 5:01 pm

Ahhh, i wanted to be prego for christmas. I wanted to give the good news to my family. I have lots of days off from work on the holidays that i now i would be less stress full. We don't do much around the holiday but enjoy it wirh the family. One more years will go by. This will put me to deliver around hurricane season next year. Im so boomed. This year has not been easy. Two cat 5 has hit the island
mglupe1979
TTC Diva
TTC Diva

Postby Danaa » Wed Nov 08, 2017 5:31 pm

Mglupe i don’t want to tell you how to do things,I’m just sharing a bit of my experience,i have learned the hard way that for sharing the news with family is best after you are “safe” also being pregnant during the holidays especially during the first weeks can be stressful bcs the doctors are not working and you might need betas or scans or you might have some need to ask certain questions etc,it can get stressful,God has a plan for all of us.With my last pregnancy I got pregnant in December and believe me when I say it wasn’t all that magical,I was really happy,really happy but I was also bleeding and I was eagerly waiting for the first scan to feel some sort “safe”,loooootssss of stress.anyway I wish you good luck and I hope things happen as you wish.
My Ovulation Chart
Me 29
DH 31
FET#3 ?
Danaa
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby mglupe1979 » Wed Nov 08, 2017 6:20 pm

Thank you Danaa, its true. God know when is the right time. Let me just put it on the back of my mine that is not going to happen this year. 2018 here we come ;)
mglupe1979
TTC Diva
TTC Diva

Postby pandagrl » Thu Nov 09, 2017 8:34 am

Mcglupe, oh that's so frustrating, I'm sorry about the timing. Are your cycles very regular? If you have to wait until the new year, at least it's a good time for new beginnings. Hurricane baby, here we come! :wink:

Geeky, whichever way it happens, I hope you get your BFP, that is the most important thing! I'm excited to hear how your cycle goes.

Sunshine, I'm sorry about the AMH score. By doing IVF you are giving yourself the best chance of finding a good egg. So fingers crossed for a good response to the meds and for a good number of eggs. Are you taking any supplements to improve egg quality? Ask your doctor about CoQ10 supplements. I was on 600 units/day for several months. Then I heard that women in my age group could take an even higher dosage so I upped it to 800/day for a couple of months. I truly believe that CoQ10 helped me conceive. An overall healthy diet doesn't hurt either.

Beth - so glad to hear the second beta went well, congrats! I didn't have any symptoms until around week 6 when they hit like a hurricane. I've never been so sick. I hope that doesn't happen to any of you. I am feeling a lot better now but I still have some bad days with lots of nausea. I will be 15 weeks tomorrow (the little counter in my sig is off by a few days) and I'm grateful for every single day of this pregnancy :D

Dana - hi :wink: :)
Me 41, SO 46

IUI #1 - 8/2015 - BFP but miscarried
4 more IUI's in 2016, all BFN

IVF - ER 3/3/2017 - canceled cycle (partner couldn't produce sperm - almost killed him)
9 eggs frozen
5/2/2017 - 6 eggs made the thaw and all fertilized
5/7/2017 - 1 embryo transferred - BFN
2 frosties remaining

7/22/2017 - natural BFP - chemical
8/21/2017 - another natural BFP :omg:

pandagrl
TTC Princess
TTC Princess

Postby LittleEQ » Thu Nov 09, 2017 10:38 am

Hi Everyone, I wanted to join in on the conversation. I have been following your posts for the last couple weeks and am wishing you all the best. I was in the IUI boards back in March-May and had a miscarriage at 11 weeks after getting pregnant through IUI.

We are now well underway in IVF and already had our egg retrieval. We have 2 embryos that were PGS tested and are normal. I'm preparing for a FET and will find out today if it will be scheduled next week depending if my lining is where they want it to be, if not they'll cancel the cycle and make me wait till next month.

good luck to Geeky and Sunshine on your cycles and congrats to Beth, Panda, and Dana!
LittleEQ

Postby sunshinepgh84 » Thu Nov 09, 2017 12:21 pm

Welcome LittleEQ! Sounds like me, you and Geeky have all made the transition to IVF from IUI! FX this is your rainbow baby!

I go for my pre-ART appointment on Monday where I'll get my schedule. I'm just looking forward to getting through retrieval. I was unbelievably defeated yesterday after getting my new AMH number. I know that my doctor still thinks positively about my chances due to my age, but I'm anxious to hear what she says after this new AMH number.

I listened to a podcast on Beat Infertility and the guest was a girl with low AMH who was older than me and it turned out she's from the same city as me and even though she didn't give names, I believe she did her treatment at the same clinic as I am and was successful. It's comforting to hear, but at the same time, everyone is different.

I just hope and pray I can squeak out some embryos and hopefully they are healthy.
Me (33) DH (34)

sunshinepgh84
BabyDuster
BabyDuster

PreviousNext

Return to IVF