2018 Ivf babies

Is in vitro fertilization helping you achieve your dream of parenthood? Discuss IVF, FET, donor egg and surrogacy here!

Moderators: unaffected, JessM, southernbelle, maddy

Re: 2018 Ivf babies

Postby RosyPeaches23 » Wed Jul 05, 2017 1:25 pm

Hey Everyone,

Hope everyone had a great holiday. We spent ours floating down a river, drinking, riding tiny rapids, and getting sunburned in the morning and then bar-b-q'ing and tie-dying t-shirts (as is tradition) in the evening. We've got 19 shirts outside just waiting to be unwrapped and their beauty gazed upon. Happy 4th, my fellow Americans!

I received the call from our geneticist on the results from the PGS testing this afternoon. I immediately called my SO (who was at work) to share the details. It's as good of news as I could have expected. We have two euploid (genetically normal) embryos. The two that were euploid are the 3BB from day 5, and the 3B-B- from day 6. They are both the same gender. We are over the moon!

The 4BB had a VERY rare Trisomy 17 in all biopsied cells. After looking up EVERYTHING I could find on the disorder, I'm so glad we spent the extra $3600 on PGS testing. My "best quality" embryo was the one that would have resulted in a (almost guaranteed) miscarriage or an extremely rare live birth of a deformed and disabled child. This is why PGS is amazing. It has saved us so much heartache even before our FET.

We also had something called a "Mito" scoring done. It tests the energy of the mitochondria in the cells. It's theoretically indicative of implantation success. A low mito-score is a good thing. With the two embryos I have, the 3BB has the lower mito-score and will most likely be the first one we try. It did not cost us more, as it's still something they are researching, but allowing them to perform it enhances their data analysis for future couples.

We've made it over another hurdle. With a huge sigh of relief, we are now awaiting instruction on 7/11/17 for the timing of our FET. Thank you everyone for your kind words and encouragement. Never give up! Never surrender!
Last edited by RosyPeaches23 on Wed Jul 05, 2017 1:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.
33 F w/history of Endometriosis, Uterine Polyps, Fibroid Tumors, APS, 3 miscarriages, & MFI
TTC since 2/1/17
6/7/17 - IVF with PGS Protocol Started
6/21 - ER: 23 follies, 20 eggs.
6/22 - D1: 13 mature, 9 fert w/ICSI
6/24 - D3: 9 embryos alive! 1 exceptional morula, 4 excellent/good, 4 average.
6/26 - D5: 1 3BB PGS/frozen, 4 early blasts, 3 morulas, 1 >morula.
6/27 - D6: 1 4BB and 1 3B-B- PGS/frozen.
7/07 - PGS Testing Results: 3BB Euploid, 4BB Trisomy 17, 3B-B- Euploid. All embryos same gender.
07/28 - Ovaries quiet. Estradiol >10. Lining 6mm.
8/14 - Lining check - 12mm!
8/24 - FET #1 of embryo 3BB
8/30 - BFP!
9/3 - Beta #1 263 :omg:
9/5 - Beta #2 708 :shock:
9/18 - 6w2d US Heartbeat 126 Perfect baby!
10/5 - 8w5d US scheduled
RosyPeaches23

Postby Danaa » Wed Jul 05, 2017 1:27 pm

Such wonderful news!!!
Looking forward to this journey!!
My Ovulation Chart
Me 29
DH 31
After 3 years in which we tried everything we are doing IVF in Greece with Iakentro Athens.
Short Protocol with Bemfola and Cetrotide
19mature eggs and we have 9 day5 blasto.
FET#1 ended in a loss around 5 weeks
FET#2 ended in a loss at 22w due to IC,my boys will be forever in my heart .
FET#3 ?
Danaa
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby RosyPeaches23 » Sat Jul 15, 2017 11:53 pm

Hallo,

Just spent the last 10 days out in the great outdoors doing our annual volunteer work in southern Oregon. Feels great to be home.

We got the call from our RE about the plan for the FET. We are doing a long protocol because of my history of endometriosis and miscarriages. Here is the breakdown:

July 2nd - Period Start CD1 - started taking Apri (desogestrel and ethinyl estradiol tablet) once daily in PM.
July 14th - CD 12 - started Lupron sub-q injections - 20units once daily at 9pm - and doxycycline every 12 hours for 1 week.
July 20th - stop Apri tablets, continue Lupron - should have a period within a few days.
July 28th - decrease Lupron to 10 units.
July 29th - begin Vivelle patches (these are replaced every other day and increased in dosage up to 4 patches over time.)
August 6th - increase to 3 patches Vivelle every other day.
August 10th - increase to 4 patches Vivelle every other day.
August 14th - discontinue Lupron
August 15th - begin Progesterone IM 15ml in PM ( I do these myself )
August 16th - decrease to 3 patches Vivelle
August 21st - FET #1 with RE

If all works in our favor, we'll be transferring embryo 3BB on August 21st at 11am. It's a day 5 embryo, so I should be able to do an at home test on the 26th (DPO 10 in a natural cycle) and see what happens. They schedule a blood test 10 days after transfer, but knowing myself, I can't possibly wait the extra 5 days. We'll see. It's a long road ahead. Fingers crossed and wish me luck.

Danaa - looking forward to some updates from you soon! Any idea when your cycle is due?

Kylee - I hope everything is okay with you - we haven't heard from you since June 27th - we miss you!

Crumpet - Any updates? How did your 6 embryos do? I hope all is well with you.

Rose
33 F w/history of Endometriosis, Uterine Polyps, Fibroid Tumors, APS, 3 miscarriages, & MFI
TTC since 2/1/17
7/07 - PGS Testing Results: 3BB Euploid, 4BB Trisomy 17, 3B-B- Euploid. All embryos same gender.
8/30 - BFP!
10/5 - 8w5d US scheduled
RosyPeaches23

Postby mglupe1979 » Sun Jul 16, 2017 1:06 pm

Rosypeaches wow i just needed to send lot of positive vibes for you. Im so exited for you. The wait was well worth it. To know all that good information. I wanna wish you the best. It was very nice you put up all the detail of a long protocal. I have done 9iui in the past 2 yrs and will be moving on ivf. Taken a two month break from all this roller custer i have been and tring to stay positive. Its hard when you are on the unknown category that you dont have answers. The last iui i did last month everything was on the books 12 follicles mature good uterin lining over 9mm. And NaDa. I have already order my fertility medication just waiting for this cycle to come to start with a long ivf protocal right after egg retreval and transfer mud or ending og August. I think we can be buddy.
Good everyone!!
mglupe1979
TTC Diva
TTC Diva

Postby Nickysy » Sun Jul 16, 2017 9:22 pm

Hi Everyone. Can I join you ladies in the group? I already know Danaa.:-) hello

A little background: Me (33) and DH (31) have been trying since sep 2015. March 2015, i was diagnosed with mild pcod and endometriosis, though I have normal periods every month. Fertile tubes.DH: low morphology, but high counts. So doc wasnt bothered. After 3 failed IUIs, we decided to go ahead with IVF route.

Protocol: Long protocol followed. 21 days BCP, followed by Lupron for 8 days overlapping with BCPs and periods, then gonal-f 300 units for 6 days, which was changed to menopur 150 U and ganirelix for next 5 days. We had our retrieval done on 22nd June. 8 eggs, all 8 fertilized, 6 embi babies made it to day 3 and are now cryopreserved. (Clinic does day 3 transfers). My progesterone levels were high, so it was a freeze all cycle. Currently I am waiting for AF to come, so we can discuss the next steps as far as FET is concerned. Don't know the protocol for it yet. Expecting it to be done either in August or Sep beginning.
My Ovulation Chart

Me(33), DH (31), Ttc#1 since Sep 2015
Mild endometriosis and PCOD diagnosed feb 2015, DH: Slightly low morphology, great counts.
Nov-Dec 2015- Clomid plus trigger- BFN
HSG-Feb 2016: Tubes perfectly clear
March 2016 IUI: Clomid+Estrogen+ HCG trigger+ Progesterone: BFN
Apr/May/ June 2016- on a break from ttc
July Scan- Simple cysts, slightly elevated AMH - possible PCOD
BCPs+ Metformin- August and September 2016

Trying Naturally : Since Oct 2016 again.

Feb/March 2017- IUI ( Clomid + Hcg Trigger+ Progesterone)- BFN

IVF#1- May-June 2017: 6 embabies frozen on day 3. No fresh transfer.

FET#1- Oct 2017: 3 embabies * day 3 Transferred. Waiting for beta
Nickysy
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby RosyPeaches23 » Mon Jul 31, 2017 7:49 pm

Hey everyone,

Things got a little crazy here the last two weeks. It's been a little overwhelming to take in and I haven't had the energy to report here. We had a death in the family, then employees going on vacation (so I had to cover their shifts), then I crushed my foot and was on crutches and an air boot for a while there... so yeah... busy... :lol:

Things are going as planned with the long protocol. The only change is that we had to bump my transfer date to the 24th because of the eclipse on the 21st (and the insanity that will ensue here in Oregon) and somehow they missed a day of Vivelle patches. I went for my suppression check last Friday and everything looks great. Both of my ovaries are quiet, my lining is at 6mm, and my estradiol is below 10. They gave me the green light to reduce my Lupron to 10 units/night and to start my Vivelle patches.

Ooo girls. Lemme tell you about them Lupron injections and those Vivelle patches. I hate them. I hate them MORE than the Ganirellix shots. To be honest, I hate this whole process. I'm tired. I'm hormonal. And I'm ready to be done with all this BS.

First off, the Lupron. Can we say hot flashes? Imagine just standing there, doing the dishes, and suddenly you're face gets flushed...the room spins a bit... then BAM - drenched in sweat. I'm not exaggerating. Literally soaking through bras, undies, and shirts here. And I'm NOT a sweaty person normally. Then, you are so COLD that you get goosebumps all over and your whole body feels like it's waking up from pins and needles. I asked my nurse and she just laughed. She said Lupron puts you into menopause and it's pretty awful, but it's only temporary and she's sure I can handle it. ::grumble::

And then there's Vivelle. Now, I'm not sure how sensitive you ladies are to Estrogen, but DAMN. I mean DAAAMN. I loved being on Femara (way back when we were doing IUI's). It's an estrogen inhibitor. I loved it. I felt great. Vivelle is the opposite. It's, like, PURE estrogen. Now, I didn't have any weirdness from the patches for about 24 hours after starting them. I was just minding my business - doing the dishes again - and suddenly I have this (uncharacteristic) surge of RAGE. All of a sudden I'm SO ANGRY. AT NOTHING. Then I'm crying, because who the hell knows, then I'm dizzy, knees are weak, aaand I'm on the floor sobbing. My poor SO is distraught and wondering WTF is wrong with me. All I can manage to sob out is, " I ... (sob) ... HATE ... (sob) ... ESTROGEN!". That was yesterday. Today is better - the "episodes" only last a few minutes each, but they are scary hormone rollercoasters. I don't understand why birth control didn't do this to me, but the Vivelle patches are. Maybe b/c it's paired with the Lupron? Idk...

Countdown commencing: 25 days until our embryo transfer. I'm getting a cake for myself on Transfer Day. Chocolate, wait, no, cheesecake. Chocolate Cheesecake...with caramel. Yes - Turtle Cheesecake. Yes.

Hey NIckysy - Nice to have you! Are you doing PGS on any of them? Has AF shown up? Do you have a plan? So many questions! Danaa is a sweetheart and I'm happy to have her to chat with and glad she brought you over. <3

Hey mglupe - Nice to have you, too! Any updates on your cycle? Being in the "unexplained infertility" is very vexing. I was there for many years until they figured out I have APS (Hughe's Syndrome in the UK). Fortunately, the only reason I currently have to have IVF is because of male factor infertility. It's good that you took a break. I know it can be frustrating waiting (I've waited 11 years to try again after a devastating loss) but if it means a baby in our arms, it's worth it. We can totally be buddies.
TTC since 2/1/17
8/30 - BFP!
10/5 - 8w5d US scheduled
RosyPeaches23

Postby Nickysy » Mon Jul 31, 2017 9:36 pm

Thanks Rosy.. felt happy to read about your PGS results. The doc didn't think it was necessary for us at this point of time. AF showed up on 7/17.. Now have to coast it out for another cycle, and then await instructions from day 2 of next one for prepping endometrium for our FET. So expecting our FET close to end of Aug/beginning of Sep.
My Ovulation Chart

Mild endometriosis and PCOD diagnosed feb 2015, DH: Slightly low morphology, great counts.

Nickysy
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby bbelanger91 » Tue Aug 08, 2017 8:45 am

Hello Ladies! If you don't mind I'd love to join this group! I'm still trying to get used to the IVF terminology so please bare with me. A little backstory on me: I am 26 and my DH is 28. We have been actively trying to get pregnant for 5 years. I knew at 16 years old that I had PCOS and insulin resistance. We knew that it was going to take a while so we started seeing a RE and I was put on Clomid for 6 months, that didn't work, then they put me on Metformin, that didn't work, and then we took a year break, started Femera, which didn't work. We also started with a new RE, who is AMAZING! We just finished all the testing (for the second time) and it all came back great! So we are getting ready to start our first round of IVF. I am just waiting for AF to start which should be at the end of this month. Once that happens the procedure is the following:
Birth Control for 6 days
Suppression Check
Ultrasound and Blood work
Then will be starting the meds (hopefully) the same day as the suppression, or the next day.
I will be taking: Gonal-f, Menopur, Novarel, Cetrotide and Leuprolide Trigger
Then will have more blood work and ultrasound pretty much everyday
Will schedule the egg retrieval
Give me an embryology report
Then they said they will transfer either on day 3 or 5
And finish with a pregnancy test 2 week later.

I am very nervous and excited at the same time. Because of my age and PCOS the doctor says I have millions of eggs stored up but the only thing that may be an issue is the quality. But she is assuring me that they will pick out the very best.

Reading your stories gives me hope and comfort knowing that I am not alone. I am learning a lot from you all and I give baby dust to all of you!
Me: 26 - DH: 28 - TCC #1 Since July 2012
I have severe PCOS, Hypothyroidism, Insulin Resistance, High Blood Pressure
6 Rounds of Clomid, BFN
2 Rounds of Femera, BFN
IVF #1-Fall of 2017
8/25-CD 1
8/27-BC until 9/17[/color]
9/18 Suppression Check- All good!
9/21 Start Stims
10/8 Egg Retrieval
10/9 13 Eggs Retrieved
10/10 7 Eggs have Fertilized-Doing a FET. Will know how many made it to freeze on Friday.
bbelanger91
Friend

Postby mglupe1979 » Tue Aug 08, 2017 4:19 pm

Help,help!!! I dont know what to say but my long protocal is becoming very stressful. I have been 14 days on estradiol 2mg twice a day. My face has broke out with very painful cyst. I have obe more day to take them and i just want to quit :( next week i will start the Lupron for about 8 days and from what i have read its just going to get worst. This is all new to me and the not knowing what to expect makes ut worst.
Question have any of you heard about cancelling this cycle because a posible tooth infection? I was just at the dentist and he mention i currently have an infection inside my root canal and it needs to be redone. Do you think this will affect my chances of a successful transfer? Everything is booked for august and the only available time is the second week of septembre to redue the root canal. I dont want to ask my doc or let him know :( im schedule for egg retrival mostlikely by the end of august and if everything goes will transfer 5 days later.

Its not hurting but i can feel a little of botherness. If i cancel this procedure i will have to wait another 2 months. I dont know wbat to do..
mglupe1979
TTC Diva
TTC Diva

Postby RosyPeaches23 » Tue Aug 08, 2017 9:06 pm

mglupe - you're going to be okay. I know this is stressful - believe me - I've been through it a few times - we all have. I'm sorry to tell you, but yes, it is more than likely going to get worse, but it's a necessity. If you want a baby, this is how they can do it. This is what we have to go through. Take a deep breathe and keep going. You've got a great chance at success!

As for the tooth, when I asked my RE about getting a cavity fixed, she told me no. This was very recently, and it was after my egg retrieval. I believe they will be putting you on some sort of antibiotic anyways, so that will help with the infection. I was on antibiotics for several weeks during my protocol with no issues. At the point you're at, I would definitely talk to your RE ( I know you don't want to, but she might tell you it's fine! ) because it's the only way to get a definitive answer for your particular case.

Hang in there hon, we're all in the same boat.
TTC since 2/1/17
8/30 - BFP!
10/5 - 8w5d US scheduled
RosyPeaches23

Postby mglupe1979 » Wed Aug 09, 2017 10:58 am

Thank you rosy for your response. I ask the dentist if he can give me antibiotic and he said it will not make a difference because it will quite it down for a little bite but it will come back. They have to go in the root of the tooth to clean it out or remove the tooth. Like i said i dont feel any thing it does not hurt but we know its a time boom to be activated at no time. He also said that your body is actually trying to fight it and it can be something that can be the reason i dont get prego. I wanna cry
mglupe1979
TTC Diva
TTC Diva

Postby Nickysy » Fri Aug 11, 2017 11:00 am

Bbelanger: good luck with your IVF cycle. Hoping this is it for you.You are def not alone

Rosy: Your transfer day is coming close! Keeping my fingers crossed for a super sticky BFP for you soon. I hope your vivelle patches aren't giving you too much trouble. Depending upon my next AF, we might be having transfer dates close to one another.

Mglupe: Sorry about your tooth. I don't have much idea about it, but i would suggest you let your doc know, to help you decide the best course of action. It might suck at the moment to wait for another 2 months, but damn it, in the long scheme of things, it's gonna be nothing. Hugs! Keep us posted.
My Ovulation Chart

Nickysy
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby mglupe1979 » Sat Aug 12, 2017 9:48 am

Thanks nickysy, i did contact my doc and i got the ok to take the antibiotic, i guess it does not affect any thing and my understanding is that at egg retrical they will put u on it too.
On Wednesday August 16 i will start the Lupron .10mg until rf and then start the stim for a week after that i have no idea when egg retrival ect. This is all new to me.
Ladies thank you fir your support it really help alot to have you all in this process
mglupe1979
TTC Diva
TTC Diva

Postby Nickysy » Sat Aug 12, 2017 11:19 am

Mglupe: Glad you had a talk with your doc. They def do give antibiotics after egg retrieval. I followed a similar protocol myself. I took stims for 10 days, starting day 3 of my cycle (with bcps and lupron in the previous one), then hcg trigger at night on the 10th day of stims, and retrieval 36 hours after that (precisely 34.5 hours). Good luck starting the process!
My Ovulation Chart

Nickysy
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby mglupe1979 » Sat Aug 12, 2017 2:02 pm

Nickysy how are you doing FET stil on the agenda for the end of the month? We might be on the same week. My cycle are short rf should be here by the 22th of August. I guess from there i will have a better idea when tranfer should take place.
Rosypeaches how are you. Yeah you are not to far for your big day. Less than 12 days to go. How is everything going? Keep us posted
mglupe1979
TTC Diva
TTC Diva

PreviousNext

Return to IVF