2018 Ivf babies

Is in vitro fertilization helping you achieve your dream of parenthood? Discuss IVF, FET, donor egg and surrogacy here!

Moderators: unaffected, JessM, southernbelle, maddy

Re: 2018 Ivf babies

Postby Bellami11 » Wed Nov 22, 2017 10:09 am

Hey Ladies!!
I hope everyone is doing well!! With Thanksgiving tomorrow and finally finishing my midterms for school I feel like I can breathe a little bit Lol! So my cycle started on 19th, hubs had his semen analysis on the 20th, and I had my day 3 bloods and ultrasound done! So I guess I will start with hubs first, they did an analysis and they are freezing it as well I case we need it. They said they got 4 files and about 20,000 sperm in each, they gave him a total count of 150,000, which in theory is horrible but his test 2 years ago was a total count of only 14,000, so maybe the fertilaid is helping!! Lol we took it as a good thing! She said 67 percent were motile, so we are taking that as a good sign too! I think... Lol I'm not sure I understand all of this... she said they have to send the sperm out for morphology but they are frozen! When he left to go give his sample, I told him to make good babies Lmao! As for me... I don't know how I didn't guess that the ultrasound would be transvaginal but lol I didnt... the nurse was like "ok undress from the waste down and no tampon, I will be back" my dumbfounded response "but I'm bleeding... like bad..." Lmao! She was like yes, day 3, we know.. Duh!! forehead slap moment lmao!! Anyway, she said she counted 6 follicles on one ovary, and 4 on the ovary that I had a tumor on, so a total of ten. She said that was in the normal range... is it?? I'm turning 39 on Sunday spook what's normal? I even tried Google, but every page gave a different answer *sigh* So I'm still waiting on bloodwork results, but my hysteroscopy is scheduled for Tuesday, and they are going to do it in office with me awake... eek! She said if they find anything then they will reschedule and do it at the surgical center under anasthesia... anyway that all I have for now!
How is everyone else??? Any updates?
And Happy Thanksgiving to those who celebrate!
TTC 10 Years...
Me 39 just turned! :rofl: DH 37
Severe Male Factor
Getting ready to do our first IVF w/ICSI and PGS
Going through lots of testing right now and just found a large fibroid that needs to be removed
Cycle delayed because of it.
Surgery to remove fibroid scheduled for 12/19
fx-ing for Jan/Feb retrieval and transfer 8) 8) 8)
Bellami11
Friend

Postby happyheart » Fri Nov 24, 2017 5:13 am

Hi Ladies,
Is it ok for me to join your group?
I have my 5dt booked in for tomorrow. I have my fingers crossed that at least two embryos will have made it to 5 day blasts.
Yesterday I was given an update - 13 donor eggs, 6 fertilised, 2 were doing great, 2 progressing a bit slower and 2 not doing so well. But who knows what can happen. So I have to hope for at least two being put back in. :)
This is my 4th attempt ( first two cycles cancelled before transfer due to poor quality, so it will be my second transfer cycle)
Hope you are all doing well? xxx
Me 40, history of endometriosis on bladder
Laparoscopy to remove endo March 2015-successful!
Low AMH level low ovarian reserve
DH 45 LSP/ low motility
2/14 Failed ICSI
5/14 failed ICSI
next ICSI - hopefully June 2015

taking Dhea, co Q 10, acupuncture
alcohol free, caffeine free, soya free , meat free diet
happyheart

Postby Kawanmk » Fri Nov 24, 2017 7:23 pm

Good luck Bellami and happyheart. Thank you everyone for the warm welcome. I had breakthrough bleeding and was switched to the estrogen injection. My lining before the bleeding was 6 and the injection helped me get to 9. I transfer Wednesday and I'm excited....except for these pesky progesterone injections. I'll keep you all posted!

Oh...is there an easier way to see when I get a message? I wish there was an app!
Kawanmk
Friend

Postby Bellami11 » Fri Nov 24, 2017 8:31 pm

Omg!! Happy and Kawan!! Sp excited for you both! Crossing all my fingers and toes for you both! Keep the updates coming:-)
TTC 10 Years...
Me 39 just turned! :rofl: DH 37
Severe Male Factor
Getting ready to do our first IVF w/ICSI and PGS
Going through lots of testing right now and just found a large fibroid that needs to be removed
Cycle delayed because of it.
Surgery to remove fibroid scheduled for 12/19
fx-ing for Jan/Feb retrieval and transfer 8) 8) 8)
Bellami11
Friend

Postby Nickysy » Fri Nov 24, 2017 10:08 pm

Good luck Happyheart and Kawan. I hope your tww passes by quickly with a BFP at the end of it.

Bellami: Good luck with hysteroscopy. I hope you had fun at Thanksgiving:-)
My Ovulation Chart

Me(33), DH (31), Ttc#1 since Sep 2015
Mild endometriosis and PCOD diagnosed feb 2015, DH: Slightly low morphology, great counts.

Nov-Dec 2015- Clomid plus trigger- BFN
HSG-Feb 2016: Tubes perfectly clear
March 2016 IUI: Clomid+Estrogen+ HCG trigger+ Progesterone: BFN
Feb and March 2017- IUI ( Clomid + Hcg Trigger+ Progesterone)- BFN

IVF#1- May-June 2017: 6 embabies frozen on day 3. No fresh transfer.

FET#1- Oct 2017: 3 embabies * day 3 Transferred. Chemical pregnancy.
Nickysy
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby bbelanger91 » Mon Nov 27, 2017 8:14 am

Hi ladies! Im glad everyone is doing well :)

danaa- Thank you for your support hun :). My symptoms have subsided thank god! I had my first bloodwork on Saturday and they said my estrogen levels are 189 and another over 100 they consider great. I go back in on Thursday for an ultrasound and more blood work. My vaginal pain has stopped, now all I am getting is the occasional headache and backache which I can deal with. Now im worried about the fact that my period is over, but I still have some light bleeding. Is that normal? How are you doing?! I can't wait til you find out what you are having! :)

panda- right now I have no idea how long I will be on it. My Transfer calendar says until my nurse tells me otherwise. I am also taking them for a transfer :) Thanks for the support! How are you feeling? I feel like time is flying by!

Bella- Good luck! The hysteroscopy isn't too bad. I had to have it done twice when I switched doctors. There is slight cramping and pinching but they had me take a tylenol before I went to help and it really did.

Happy-Welcome! I will be praying for you! I am sending baby dust your way! Keep us updated.

Kawanmk- Good luck on your transfer!!! You had bleeding while taking the estrace?? I am currently having that. When did they switch you to the injections? I have to take progesterone injections starting friday. I will cry if I have to switch to shots for the estrogen as well :(

Thanks for all the support ladies! I am sending you all positive vibes and baby dust! I hope you all had a good Thanksgiving as well! :)
Me: 26 - DH: 29 - TCC #1 Since July 2012
I have severe PCOS, Hypothyroidism, Insulin Resistance, High Blood Pressure
6 Rounds of Clomid, BFN
2 Rounds of Femera, BFN
IVF #1-Fall of 2017
8/25-CD 1
8/27-BC until 9/17
9/18 Suppression Check- All good!
9/21 Start Stims
10/8 Egg Retrieval
10/9 13 Eggs Retrieved
10/10 7 Eggs have Fertilized-Doing a FET. Will know how many made it to freeze on Friday.
10/16 3 Eggs made it to blast and freeze! Egg 1-AA, Egg 3-AB, Egg 7-BB The first 2 made it on Day 5 the last one made it on Day 6
10/18 For the first time in my life, my BP is finally normal! 128/74, my thyroid is within perfect range, and I have lost 7 lbs without even trying! Things are falling into place! I take this as a good sign :)
10/25 Post-Op Appt
12/6 FET Scheduled at 8AM! :)
bbelanger91

Postby sunshinepgh84 » Mon Nov 27, 2017 11:07 am

Hi everyone!

Hope all is well and welcome to the new members! I hope everyone had a fab Thanksgiving - if you celebrate!

I started my stims on Friday, the day after TG, so I made sure to have some nice wine :) I DID almost pass out from the first shot, but I rallied and now I'm fine doing them haha. Honestly, the bloodwork hurts more. For reference, right now, I'm on 300 units of Follitism.

My baseline E2 was 22.7 and the U/S tech counted 6 antral follicles on each side with nice thinned out lining. Her words - looks great. I had bloodwork today after 3 days of stims and my E2 went up to 161.9. I haven't heard from the doctor yet and I've been trying to do some research on if that's good, but I think that's good to see it rising. Right? We didn't do a U/S today.
TTC #1 since December 2015
Me (33) DH (34)
Normal HSG for me, normal SA for him
March/April/May 2017: Clomid BFN
June 2017: IUI Testing Cycle
July 2017: Testing complete. Diagnosed with Diminished Ovarian Reserve/Unexplained
August/September/October 2017: Clomid + IUI - BFN
December IVF - 10 eggs / 6 fertilized normally / Transferred 2 on Day 5 / 1 frostie on Day 6

sunshinepgh84
BabyDuster
BabyDuster

Postby Nickysy » Mon Nov 27, 2017 1:47 pm

Bbelanger: Seriously, time just flies by. Your estrogen level looks good. When is your transfer due? Fxed all goes well.

Sunshine: Thats a good report. All the best with stims. Except for the first day with follistim, i pretty much didn't really feel any pain with these subcutaneous injections.Glad you had a nice thanksgiving.
My Ovulation Chart

Me(33), DH (31), Ttc#1 since Sep 2015
Mild endometriosis and PCOD diagnosed feb 2015, DH: Slightly low morphology, great counts.

Nov-Dec 2015- Clomid plus trigger- BFN
HSG-Feb 2016: Tubes perfectly clear
March 2016 IUI: Clomid+Estrogen+ HCG trigger+ Progesterone: BFN
Feb and March 2017- IUI ( Clomid + Hcg Trigger+ Progesterone)- BFN

IVF#1- May-June 2017: 6 embabies frozen on day 3. No fresh transfer.

FET#1- Oct 2017: 3 embabies * day 3 Transferred. Chemical pregnancy.
Nickysy
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby Danaa » Mon Nov 27, 2017 4:36 pm

Bbe all is good with me,I’m having another ultrasound on Wednesday and my NT scan and blood test on December the 13th and maybe just maybe we can get a peak at the gender then lol.
Hmmm I don’t know about the spotting,what is ur doctor saying?
Sunshine I’m happy everything is working smoothly for you,I think the numbers are great so far.Im fxing for nice big eggies.
Welcome to the new comers!!
Nicky hey!!
I hope everyone else is doing fine.
I’m here waiting for the first trimester to be over and to start feeling kicks,with my boys I felt them really fast,it was week 17 of pregnancy and it was a beautiful morning....in that moment I forgot everything about this awful journey,it was worth it,every injection,every cent we spent....I just want to be able to feel that again...
My Ovulation Chart
Me 29
DH 31
After 3 years in which we tried everything we are doing IVF in Greece with Iakentro Athens.
Short Protocol with Bemfola and Cetrotide
19mature eggs and we have 9 day5 blasto.
FET#1 ended in a loss around 5 weeks
FET#2 ended in a loss at 22w due to IC,my boys will be forever in my heart .
FET#3 ?
Danaa
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby sunshinepgh84 » Tue Nov 28, 2017 7:57 am

Nickysy - The injections get easier each time! I'm not squeamish, but since I'm on 300 units of Follistim, it feels like it takes forever to push down the pen lol. I'm usually better when I don't have to watch. So far I haven't felt really any side affects from the Follistim, no moodiness or anything.
Danaa- Best of luck to you! This is my first time going through this so I've never had that magical moment yet. I can't image what it would be like to have it and lose it, so hopefully this is it for you!

AFM: I did hear back from the doctor and she seemed happy with the levels that she saw and it said it looks like my ovaries are responding. That's a huge relief for me because I was afraid I'd be a poor responded. Time will tell! I have more bloodwork and my first ultrasound tomorrow. The ultrasound techs at my doctor are awesome, so hopefully the sneak in some results :)
TTC #1 since December 2015
Me (33) DH (34)
Normal HSG for me, normal SA for him
March/April/May 2017: Clomid BFN
June 2017: IUI Testing Cycle
July 2017: Testing complete. Diagnosed with Diminished Ovarian Reserve/Unexplained
August/September/October 2017: Clomid + IUI - BFN
December IVF - 10 eggs / 6 fertilized normally / Transferred 2 on Day 5 / 1 frostie on Day 6

sunshinepgh84
BabyDuster
BabyDuster

Postby Kawanmk » Thu Nov 30, 2017 5:28 pm

Thanks to everyone that wished me luck! I really appreciate it. It's been quite the journey.

The transfer was yesterday at noon. It went very smoothly and the valium certainly didn't hurt. I took off work today and decided to just relax. I did get up to make a pot of chili for the family and assumed the position on the couch again. We've had a heck of a time finding progesterone in oil. I used the last of my vial yesterday, was given the capsules and received a call from a pharmacy that has a vial in stock. My butt HURTS! As in really HURTS! I have had some very minor cramping. Nothing to write home about.

When is it suggested to test? I'm trying not to start thinking about testing, but can't help it. LOL I take my blood test on the 9th. How early did you get your bfp?

Happy - How are you feeling?

bbelanger91 - I think the Estradiol shots were the best thing that could have happened for me. I actually shed my whole lining...at least my period lasted long enough for it to happen. The shots weren't that bad. It was a bear to get ahold of though.
Kawanmk
Friend

Postby mglupe1979 » Sun Dec 03, 2017 11:13 am

Hi everyone!!! So nice to see many new faces and continue to read good news and progress of our prego ladies. Ufff im was feeling left behind lol.
Here in US VI we are slowly coming along. Still with no power and very little phone service. That is why i been missing in action.
Not much to update on me since my 5 embies have been frozen and many miles away. Im so ready to get them comfy in their new home. Cd two for me today. I will call doc office first thing tomorrow morning and hope that this month is a good month for transfer.
My cycle has gotten shorter and shorter dont know why. From 33, 30, 29,28,to 26 day cycle also ovulating very early cd 10 and 11 i hope this is not a factor on my transfer.
Will ladies i want to start seeing belly pictures lol.
Baby dust to all of us. Will let you know if i get the green light for this month
mglupe1979
TTC Diva
TTC Diva

Postby bbelanger91 » Mon Dec 04, 2017 12:15 pm

Hello Ladies! I am glad to see everyone is doing well :)

Sunshine- Thats so exciting! :) But I hear you with the shots. I almost passed out the first time too. I didn't like the feeling it gave my tummy. But like you said it gets easier and more familiar. How have you been doing since? Hopefully all is well and you a getting ready for transfer

Nickysy- Time does fly! But I feel like not fast enough for this transfer! haha My transfer has been pushed to the 12th of December, so next week. My estrogen level is currently 953 and my thickness level is 6.6 currently. They want both those to go higher. :/ I have another U/S and blood work Wednesday...which was supposed to be my transfer day :/

Danaa- Oh my gosh that is so exciting! I can't believe how fast time is flying! I will be fxing for you on your appt. Hopefully you get your peek! You will be able to feel that again. I have a very good feeling for you. My spotting is over thank goodness.

Kawannmk- How are you feeling now? I am fxing for you! Can't wait to hear your good news soon! The pills are working for me but a tad bit slow for my taste. They currently have me taking orally 6 estrodiol pills and 4 vaginally a day :/ ugh

mglupe- I am thinking about you. I can't imagine how you are feeling with everything. But just know we are thinking of you and I pray everything gets better for you soon and you can get back on track with your schedule for transfer. Just take comfort in the fact that your babies are napping and will continue to wait for you. It will all work out.

AFM, My transfer has been pushed to the 12th. My estrogen level is currently 953 and my lining is 6.6 mm. They want my estrogen over 1000 and my thickness to be at least 8 mm. So they have upped my estrodiol to 10 pills a day until Wednesday when I go back in for blood work and U/S. I take 6 orally 3 times a day and 4 vaginally in the morning and night :/ They will confirm my new day, which my nurse said should be the 12th, on Wednesday. Then I will start the progesterone oil shots for at least 5 days until transfer. I hope my numbers grow like they need. This estrogen is something else tho, the hot flashes are HORRIBLE and it is making me literally a crazy b**ch. I feel bad for everyone around me lol I can't control it. It is effecting my greatly. But I will try to remain positive and pray that I am good for next week.

I will continue to pray for all you ladies! :)
Me: 26 - DH: 29 - TCC #1 Since July 2012
I have severe PCOS, Hypothyroidism, Insulin Resistance, High Blood Pressure
6 Rounds of Clomid, BFN
2 Rounds of Femera, BFN
IVF #1-Fall of 2017
8/25-CD 1
8/27-BC until 9/17
9/18 Suppression Check- All good!
9/21 Start Stims
10/8 Egg Retrieval
10/9 13 Eggs Retrieved
10/10 7 Eggs have Fertilized-Doing a FET. Will know how many made it to freeze on Friday.
10/16 3 Eggs made it to blast and freeze! Egg 1-AA, Egg 3-AB, Egg 7-BB The first 2 made it on Day 5 the last one made it on Day 6
10/18 For the first time in my life, my BP is finally normal! 128/74, my thyroid is within perfect range, and I have lost 7 lbs without even trying! Things are falling into place! I take this as a good sign :)
10/25 Post-Op Appt
12/6 FET Scheduled at 8AM! :)
bbelanger91

Postby mglupe1979 » Tue Dec 05, 2017 5:18 pm

Hi ladies i got the green light to go for my FET transfer this month. Its not going to be a natural one, i guess they want to have more control on the date of transfer making sure its not on Christmas eve nor Christmas day jijiji. However im feeling more comfortable with a medicated one. So I was instructed to start estrace 2mg 3 times a day until next week Tuesday dec 12 ultrasound and blood work on that day. Bbelanger i think we both will be very close on this one ;).
I have one small obstacle and is that the blood work will not give me result until the next day. I will see if they can really try and help me out on this one or else i will have to travel to PR just for the blood work which is not what i want to do until the transfer week.
Now i have more question than ever. On a natural cycle i was going to trigger start progesteron for 5 days and tranfer the embies. On a medicated transfer im lost. I started the extrace today for 7 days and then what. The bottle has 90 pills, does that mean i will continue on them for how long?
Ladies if you all can fill me in. Will love to hear more on it.
mglupe1979
TTC Diva
TTC Diva

Postby Danaa » Wed Dec 06, 2017 5:21 am

Hello ladies bad news from my part,missed misscariage at 10weeks...I had a D&C Saturday,im doing ok.
Mglupe when ur lining will be nice and thick and triple layered you will start adding progesterone,two of my transfers were on cd24 and my last one on cd21 just to have an idea
My Ovulation Chart
Me 29
DH 31
After 3 years in which we tried everything we are doing IVF in Greece with Iakentro Athens.
Short Protocol with Bemfola and Cetrotide
19mature eggs and we have 9 day5 blasto.
FET#1 ended in a loss around 5 weeks
FET#2 ended in a loss at 22w due to IC,my boys will be forever in my heart .
FET#3 ?
Danaa
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

PreviousNext

Return to IVF