2018 Ivf babies

Is in vitro fertilization helping you achieve your dream of parenthood? Discuss IVF, FET, donor egg and surrogacy here!

Moderators: JessM, southernbelle, maddy, unaffected

Re: 2018 Ivf babies

Postby sunshinepgh84 » Tue Jan 09, 2018 8:15 am

mglupe1979 wrote:Welcome Gem!! Its a long journey nut i know we are getting closer to our little bundel.
6dp5dt negative nothing to give me hope. Im loosing it. I tested with the 1st response 6 day early test and its white white very white test.
When did you ladies tested or did u just waited for the betta result?

Hi mglupe. I tested at 5dp5dt and got my first positive. But don't lose hope, EVERYONE is different and it's still very very early. My clinic actually told me not to take urine tests before my Beta because they didn't want false negatives since it's still early. A blood test is the best way to determine pregnancy at this stage in the game.
TTC #1 since December 2015
Me (33) DH (34)
Normal HSG for me, normal SA for him
March/April/May 2017: Clomid BFN
June 2017: IUI Testing Cycle - Diminished Ovarian Reserve
August/September/October 2017: Clomid + IUI - BFN
December IVF - BFP
Beta #1 - 135, Beta #2 - 227
sunshinepgh84
BabyDuster
BabyDuster

Postby pandagrl » Tue Jan 09, 2018 9:28 am

Aw, McGlupe, I'm sorry it's still showing up negative. It's still early though so don't lose hope. Sending lots of baby dust your way.

Sunshine, congrats on your BFP, I missed that in December. Must have been a great Christmas present. Wishing you a healthy 9 months.

As for me, I'm doing well. I was sick for over a week during the holidays with a bad virus and I was so stressed about the baby because I was coughing like crazy and had fevers for a couple of days. But I'm feeling much better now.
Me 41, SO 46

IUI #1 - 8/2015 - BFP but miscarried
4 more IUI's in 2016, all BFN

IVF - ER 3/3/2017 - canceled cycle (partner couldn't produce sperm - almost killed him)
9 eggs frozen
5/2/2017 - 6 eggs made the thaw and all fertilized
5/7/2017 - 1 embryo transferred - BFN
2 frosties remaining

7/22/2017 - natural BFP - chemical
8/21/2017 - another natural BFP :omg:

pandagrl
TTC Princess
TTC Princess

Postby Gem1981 » Tue Jan 09, 2018 9:38 am

Thanks ladies :) anxiously waiting for this to end (rather the journey to begin) :)
All the best mglupe! Lots of baby dust to you and keep us posted!
And v healthy 9 months to you Sunshine!
Gem1981
TTC Princess
TTC Princess

Postby geeky_gab » Wed Jan 10, 2018 10:29 am

Hi ladies!

Jumping back in the thread after a while. I am planning for a FET somewhere in early Feb.
I have the protocol and the meds.

I am SO SCARED with the Lupron but even more so with the progesterone in oil, intra-muscular shots!

How on earth did you all get through this? Did you have someone else do it for you? I don't know how I'll manage to reach the spot to give myself that shot, let alone do so without fainting, the needle is so long!

Tips, do's and dont's I should know about? Any advice would be so welcome!

Lol, at this time, the days of the Menopur and Gonal seem like such little trouble....
TTC since Dec. 2014 - "unexplained infertility"
Me : 36
DH : 37
IUI #1 - #7 May 2016 - October 2017 BFN
Laparoscopy May 29th 2017, fibroid removed, cyst on fallopian tube removed, stage 1 endo removed.
IVF Antagonist protocol, retrival Dec. 2017
FET Feb 2018 BFN
Hoping for April FET
geeky_gab
TTC Princess
TTC Princess

Postby mglupe1979 » Wed Jan 10, 2018 11:51 am

Welcome back greeky, its not as bad as you think lol i can say that now that im on them every day. As long as you do the right spot which is any area above your cheek buth it will be fine. I notice that when the nurse has done them for me she is more closer to my thie area which i reach better. Sending lots pf baby dust your way.
Nada for me 7dp5dt negative. I cried a little today and been trying to sleep all day. What a process
mglupe1979
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby Gem1981 » Thu Jan 11, 2018 10:34 am

Hi geeky, you are so right, I am at the stimulation stage and completely overwhelmed already .. have taken all the injections in my thighs and have 2-3 swollen areas (slightly) on both sides! If progesterone is longer needles,
Don’t know how I will get through.. argh.. my Retrieval is planned for Friday.. dreading the injections after.
Mglupe- lots of hugs and baby dust! Don’t be sad, you r still too early to test I think..

Ladies, One quick question - does your clinic do Blood tests regularly before the egg retrieval or just ultrasounds? I was reading that Estrogen levels are monitored in most cases - I haven’t had a single blood test .. all this is so confusing! I am so glad to be here!
Gem1981
TTC Princess
TTC Princess

Postby Danaa » Sat Jan 13, 2018 6:42 pm

Gem welcome,yes the clinic should have you done blood tests every few days while stimings.Good luck!
Mglupe Im sorry for the bfn,have you tested since?
I’m sorry I haven’t been more active on here,I was away visiting family.
Hugs and good luck to everyone.
My Ovulation Chart
Me 29
DH 31
After 3 years in which we tried everything we are doing IVF in Greece with Iakentro Athens.
Short Protocol with Bemfola and Cetrotide
19mature eggs and we have 9 day5 blasto.
FET#1 ended in a very early loss,chemical pregnancy.
FET#2 ended in a loss at 22w due to IC,my boys will be forever in my heart .
FET#3 MMC at the 10 weeks ultrasound.
FET#4 2018
Danaa
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby Gem1981 » Sun Jan 14, 2018 10:46 am

Thanks Danaa, for some reason they didn’t do any blood tests.. will come to know about the embryos on Monday. Fingers crossed!
My bloating after the egg retrieval is still
Quite bad and still quite sore :( hopping it will get better soon. Wish all you ladies best of luck!
Gem1981
TTC Princess
TTC Princess

Postby geeky_gab » Sun Jan 14, 2018 11:25 am

Hi Gem! Thanks for your reply, hope you are feeling better post-retrival. Did it go well? Are you aiming for a fresh transfer this cycle?
mglupe, I am so sorry, how are you this weekend? Do you have a blood test planned soon?

AFM, Lupron shot is today. Then I wait for day 1 for the FET cycle. Still scared but I'll know we'll get through it. You all have, right? This is such an overwhelming process. Speaking about it to anyone who hasn't gone through it is useless.. lol anyways that's the case for me.
Hope you all are well on this Sunday, we're shovelling our 3ft of snow and then off for errands.
Take care!
TTC since Dec. 2014 - "unexplained infertility"
Me : 36
DH : 37
IUI #1 - #7 May 2016 - October 2017 BFN
Laparoscopy May 29th 2017, fibroid removed, cyst on fallopian tube removed, stage 1 endo removed.
IVF Antagonist protocol, retrival Dec. 2017
FET Feb 2018 BFN
Hoping for April FET
geeky_gab
TTC Princess
TTC Princess

Postby Gem1981 » Mon Jan 15, 2018 1:58 am

Hi Geeky,
So I got my retrieval results today. Out of 11 eggs, we got 9 grade 2 embryos which have been frozen today. Doc wasn’t pleased that there were no grade 1 embryos.
Have to meet them in person later this week to figure out what happens next month! Doc recommended No fresh transfers this month ( said chances of frozen embryo implanting are much higher)
I have been googling furiously to understand if they thaw all embryos next month for culturing to blastocyst stage, can they refreeze them again?
Any insights ladies? This is so nerve racking!
Gem1981
TTC Princess
TTC Princess

Postby Danaa » Mon Jan 15, 2018 2:37 am

Gem didn’t your clinic froze the embryos at day5 blasto stage?if they didn’t they can thaw them and grow them
To blasto stage,only the ones you will be transferring,theoretically yes you can freeze them again but their quality might diminish,it depends on how good the lab is and how good is the embryologist,most clinics dont do it.
My Ovulation Chart
Me 29
DH 31
After 3 years in which we tried everything we are doing IVF in Greece with Iakentro Athens.
FET#4 2018
Danaa
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby Gem1981 » Mon Jan 15, 2018 3:20 am

hi Danaa, thanks for the prompt response! i am not sure why they did not let the embryos develop to day 5. Just spoke to the nurse (today was day 3 and they had frozen it already). She suggested we speak to the doc later this week to discuss all our options (well the option to develop it to day 5 without freezing it is already gone!) I am a bit annoyed with them, for not telling me my options on Friday/ day of the retrieval, but hopefully the doc knows what is best!
We plan to meet the doc on saturday and see what he says. Hopefully, they have not frozen them all together so they can thaw them separately ona need-to basis as you suggested (crossed my fingers)!
Gem1981
TTC Princess
TTC Princess

Postby Danaa » Mon Jan 15, 2018 11:53 am

Did they froze them day 3 or what day?i hope they didn’t freeze them together bcs that would be very unprofessional and a sign that their lab sucks.Talk to your doc and see what they have to say.
Where are you having Ivf?
My Ovulation Chart
Me 29
DH 31
FET#4 2018
Danaa
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby Gem1981 » Tue Jan 16, 2018 6:25 am

@Danaa, they froze it on Day 3.. I am hoping not all together. I plan to meet them this weekend and then ask all these questions.
They are pretty big here .. I am In Mumbai, India. So hopefully they know these things and have a reason for not doing blood tests etc ..( I hope so lol)
I am feeling much better now but still a bit bloated..
Will keep you guys posted!
Gem1981
TTC Princess
TTC Princess

Postby Danaa » Thu Jan 18, 2018 3:39 pm

Gem1981 wrote:@Danaa, they froze it on Day 3.. I am hoping not all together. I plan to meet them this weekend and then ask all these questions.
They are pretty big here .. I am In Mumbai, India. So hopefully they know these things and have a reason for not doing blood tests etc ..( I hope so lol)
I am feeling much better now but still a bit bloated..
Will keep you guys posted!

I’m looking forward to hear about ur apoiment.One friend of mine from India had Ivf and her clinic did the same,froze them on day3 and transferred them.
I hope you get answers.hugs
My Ovulation Chart
Me 29
DH 31
FET#4 2018
Danaa
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

PreviousNext

Return to IVF