2018 Ivf babies

Is in vitro fertilization helping you achieve your dream of parenthood? Discuss IVF, FET, donor egg and surrogacy here!

Moderators: unaffected, JessM, southernbelle, maddy

Re: 2018 Ivf babies

Postby pandagrl » Mon Aug 14, 2017 8:19 am

Hello ladies, hope I can join you. I already know McGlupe and Danaa, hi!

I'm 41 years old and I'm about to start my second (and last) IVF cycle. Retrieval should be somewhere around Sept 10th. My first IVF cycle (in March) was canceled because my partner couldn't produce sperm the day of ER (I know, hard to believe that this is something that happens but he doesn't masturbate, like ever, so it happened). As a result my eggs (9 mature retrieved) were frozen. Since then we have had the eggs defrosted, fertilized, and I had one FET in May which was a BFN. I have two frozen embies remaining but have decided to go ahead with another IVF cycle to get more eggs. This time we plan to do PGS testing on the embryos.

I'll be on the estrogen priming protocol. And my doctor has warned me that she is going to really push stimming to the limit this time. I was borderline for OHSS last time so I'm trying not to completely freak out but I am pretty terrified. I'm super thankful for this space and for all of you who are also going through this and sharing your stories.
Me 41, SO 46

IUI #1 - 8/2015 - BFP but miscarried
4 more IUI's in 2016, all BFN

IVF - ER 3/3/2017 - canceled cycle (partner couldn't produce sperm - almost killed him)
9 eggs frozen
5/2/2017 - 6 eggs made the thaw and all fertilized
5/7/2017 - 1 embryo transferred - BFN
2 frosties remaining

7/22/2017 - natural BFP - chemical
8/21/2017 - another natural BFP :omg:

pandagrl
TTC Princess
TTC Princess

Postby mglupe1979 » Mon Aug 14, 2017 10:55 am

Hi pandagrl, make sure they get a sample up front prior to egg retrival. Im going in on Wednesday and i was told to bring dh to collect the first sample and then on egg retrival they will collect a fresh one. I should to due for egg retrival the last week of august.
mglupe1979
TTC Diva
TTC Diva

Postby Nickysy » Mon Aug 14, 2017 12:46 pm

Pandagrl: Welcome to the group. Good luck with next cycle. We were told in advance that this can happen, and one clinic had even suggested sperm sample storage before starting the stims. Keep us posted about your progress.

Mglupe: I am expecting AF around 17th Aug, so transfer should be end Aug, or first week of sep. Looks like you and me are going to be on same page! Sending positive wishes your way.
My Ovulation Chart

Me(33), DH (31), Ttc#1 since Sep 2015
Mild endometriosis and PCOD diagnosed feb 2015, DH: Slightly low morphology, great counts.

Nov-Dec 2015- Clomid plus trigger- BFN
HSG-Feb 2016: Tubes perfectly clear
March 2016 IUI: Clomid+Estrogen+ HCG trigger+ Progesterone: BFN
Feb and March 2017- IUI ( Clomid + Hcg Trigger+ Progesterone)- BFN

IVF#1- May-June 2017: 6 embabies frozen on day 3. No fresh transfer.

FET#1- Oct 2017: 3 embabies * day 3 Transferred. Chemical pregnancy.
Nickysy
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby mglupe1979 » Mon Aug 14, 2017 3:28 pm

Nicksy how exited dont know when rf is coming but i think if i go 28 days from my last cycle it should be here on the 21 o 22. I have short cycle 28 to 30 days. Don't know if with the 3 weeks of extraxe and strating the Lupron on Wednesday when she will show her face.
Do you know what dose and combo you will be in? Are you planing on a 3 day transfer or 5 day? Im hoping i can do the 5 day if not i guess i will have to wait 2 cycle for an FET.
Last time on my last iui i was on 175 folistim and 75 menopur for 10 days and had 12 mature follicle. Im really hopping for a little bit more eggies to have a good selection ufff.
Question to you ladies. Do you let your employer know what you are getting down? I have not said anything to no one beside my mom and dh. So i dont know how many days i will need to be out. What a dilema
mglupe1979
TTC Diva
TTC Diva

Postby pandagrl » Tue Aug 15, 2017 10:22 am

Hi Nicky, thanks! Have you started your stims? What protocol are you on? Wishing you a smooth and easy stim cycle (if such a thing exists :) )

McGlupe, how is the tooth situation? We have an appointment for banking sperm on Monday. For the employer situation, I am lucky, my fertility clinic is literally across the street from my office so I have been able to sneak in a little late when needed (during cycle monitoring) and have used lunch hours to step out for daytime appointments. When I had my ER last time, I only called in sick on the day of the ER, it was a Friday. So by the time Monday rolled around I was fine to go back to work. If it wasn't a FRiday, I probably would have taken the day after ER off as well because I felt very bad the day after.

I'm starting estrace tomorrow!
Me 41, SO 46

IVF - ER 3/3/2017 - canceled cycle (partner couldn't produce sperm - almost killed him)
9 eggs frozen
2 frosties remaining

pandagrl
TTC Princess
TTC Princess

Postby Nickysy » Tue Aug 15, 2017 2:35 pm

Mglupe: Yay on starting the cycle. Wishing you all the luck and smooth sailing! I am very sure you will do great. I have cycles of similar length myself. But my stim cycle is done. We were advised against fresh transfer due to level of hormones, which they thought isn't conducive for implantation. So AF came about 13 days post egg retrieval. And then we were supposed to coast it off this month. They froze day 3 embies for me. So will be having day 3 transfer. As far as work is concerned, I told my boss. So far, it has been ok. Let's see beyond this.

Pandagrl: Thanks a lot. What stims are you taking? I was on long protocol. Birth control pills 20 days, overlapping with lupron. Then gonal f for 6 days from day 3 of cycle, followed by menopur+ganirelix for next 5 days, and then hcg followed by retrieval after 36 hours. It was a freeze all cycle. Expecting FET towards end aug/sep beginning.
My Ovulation Chart

Mild endometriosis and PCOD diagnosed feb 2015, DH: Slightly low morphology, great counts.

Nickysy
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby mglupe1979 » Wed Aug 16, 2017 7:06 am

Omg ladies im being started on the stim today no waiting for rf my follicle are nice and quite and my lining is just perfect. Was not expecting this to be so fast. My head is spinning. Ok ok they started me on 150 follistim and 75 menopur. No lupron on this cycle but will be on ganirelix started on day 6 of stim. Ladies please please keep me on your prayers. So i guess we are a week ahead of schedule.
mglupe1979
TTC Diva
TTC Diva

Postby pandagrl » Thu Aug 17, 2017 7:06 am

Oh wow, MG, great news! I'm very excited for your cycle. Are you planning to do a fresh transfer? Good luck, you'll be in my prayers. Keep us posted on how things go during stimming. Now that I have fully emotionally committed to IVF#2 (finally), I wish I could start stims right away! I think they will be starting me next Saturday (assigned day 3).

Nicky, thanks. Looking forward to your transfer.

Hope everyone else is doing well.
Me 41, SO 46

9 eggs frozen
2 frosties remaining

pandagrl
TTC Princess
TTC Princess

Postby mglupe1979 » Thu Aug 17, 2017 12:19 pm

I almost lost it this morning. Flight was delayed because of bad weather. I was suppose to take tge medication around 9am i didnt get home until pass 11am came home and coulding fine them. I keep the menopor in the fridge but i had order the folistim 3 weeks ago and didnt even open the box and guess what coulding fine it grrr. I went ahead and just take the menopur compensating for the folistim 3 vials omg. Call the doc afterward in tears. Anyway was back at work trying to place another order and my head was just spining. I said to me there iz no way i lost these medication. Jump in my car and went home and search all over until i found them. What a relief. Ufff. Its to much stress. I have to travel back on sunday for monday morning appointment come back on the next flight and fo this again on tuesday night for Wednesday morning intil egg retrival that i dont know when it can be.
I was not expecting to start prior to rf showing her face. I guess he wants to use the current linning that i have. I really hope he knows what is best for my cycle.
mglupe1979
TTC Diva
TTC Diva

Postby MsMae84 » Thu Aug 17, 2017 12:52 pm

Hi everyone! I'm 32 years old and my husband and I are in the process of our first IVF cycle. We are doing the frozen transfer. I had my lining checked yesterday. My lining was good so we are scheduled for transfer Tuesday. I'm hoping for a 2018 baby :) I'm a little nervous but very excited as well.
MsMae84

Postby RosyPeaches23 » Thu Aug 17, 2017 4:22 pm

Hey everyone,

Had my lining check today. I'm at 12mm (they wanted to see at least 8mm)! We are "go for launch" on August 24th at 11am. We then have our beta check on Sept. 1st, though I will not have the willpower to wait until then to find out. I've already got my FRER's in the cubby and I'm planning on POS'ing starting 5dp5dt (10 DPO).

My nurse called me this afternoon and had me crying on the phone. She told me they had been talking about my case and progress and how everything is perfect and I'm responding better than expected to the protocol my RE designed for me. They are extremely positive about this transfer, and that's not something she says happens often. She also told me how much she's enjoyed working with my SO and I and how everyone in the office thinks that we are a delightful and entertaining couple. Even the other nurses love us and talk about us to her. I felt so overwhelmed (doesn't take much these days - lol) and between sniffles I promised my nurse that I'd try to relax and take to heart that we've done everything humanly possible to make this happen. She told me to find my Zen space and live there for the next few weeks.

Nickysy: Hey girl, hey! Ooo - yes, it does look like we are lined up! Do you have a more definite date for transfer? Things are getting very exciting indeed. The estrogen patches have finally stopped tormenting me. Oddly enough, once I got on 4 a day, my hormones leveled out and I have only had a few "episodes" since. I get to decrease to 3 tomorrow, so we'll see what happens then.

Panda: Welcome to our group! Lovely to have you! So, seriously, I'd of killed my husband if I'd of been in your shoes. Honestly! I know there's such thing as performance anxiety, but come on! At least you're not in my shoes with severe MFI. FET's tend to have better success rates anyway, so maybe it's for the better, eh? MgLupe's got a point about freezing some up incase your hubby freezes again, lol. How's that Estrace treating you?

MgLupe: Wow - things are moving FAST for you! I'm sure your RE knows what they're doing. Try not to stress too much. In answer to your question on telling your employer, it's really not their business. There are many situations in which someone would need to see the Dr. frequently. I might suggest (if you work for a large business) to talk with HR to make sure of your rights, but again - it's none of their business the reason behind your frequent Dr. visits. I have a small business with 5 employees and I don't ask questions about personal things. If they need time off, they just ask and I cover their shifts or someone else picks up the hours. If one of them fell pregnant, I'd want to know asap - but mostly because we work with animals and I'd want to make accommodations for their safety. I can't help if I don't know, you know?

Bbelanger: How's it going with your IVF cycle? Any updates for us? If you need any help with the terminology, just ask us. :) Have you heard of a Keto diet? It's supposed to really help with PCOS and insulin issues. It's also an anti-inflammatory diet (great for my APS) and it's what I'm planning on using once I'm done breastfeeding to get my body back - that and possibly a tummy tuck after I reach my goal weight, lol.

MsMae84: Welcome to the group! Looks like my transfer is 2 days after yours! Did you opt for a freeze-all, have an OHSS scare, or did you do PGS testing? How long have you two been TTC? Tell us a bit about yourself. :)
33 F w/history of Endometriosis, Uterine Polyps, Fibroid Tumors, APS, 3 miscarriages, & MFI
TTC since 2/1/17
6/7/17 - IVF with PGS Protocol Started
6/21 - ER: 23 follies, 20 eggs.
6/22 - D1: 13 mature, 9 fert w/ICSI
6/24 - D3: 9 embryos alive! 1 exceptional morula, 4 excellent/good, 4 average.
6/26 - D5: 1 3BB PGS/frozen, 4 early blasts, 3 morulas, 1 >morula.
6/27 - D6: 1 4BB and 1 3B-B- PGS/frozen.
7/07 - PGS Testing Results: 3BB Euploid, 4BB Trisomy 17, 3B-B- Euploid. All embryos same gender.
07/28 - Ovaries quiet. Estradiol >10. Lining 6mm.
8/14 - Lining check - 12mm!
8/24 - FET #1 of embryo 3BB
8/30 - BFP!
9/3 - Beta #1 263 :omg:
9/5 - Beta #2 708 :shock:
9/18 - 6w2d US Heartbeat 126 Perfect baby!
10/5 - 8w5d US scheduled
RosyPeaches23

Postby Nickysy » Thu Aug 17, 2017 9:46 pm

Mglupe: Wow! Starting the stims. Between all the tests, scans, injections, you won't even come to know about time. Sending prayers your way. Are you planning on a fresh transfer?

MsMae: Good luck with the transfer. And welcome to the group.

Rosy Peaches: Thats an awesome news! Your clinic seems super supportive. Very very glad for you. Aug 24th will be here soon enough. Waiting to see that BFP from you. Keeping fingers crossed for you.

AFM,AF showed up on 16th Aug. So expecting transfer somewere close to end of this month if everything looks ok.
My Ovulation Chart

Nickysy
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby mglupe1979 » Mon Aug 21, 2017 7:26 am

Good Morning ladies, just came out of my 5 day stem. Uterus lining at 10mm i have two dominant folicles one at 18mm and 19mm then i have one 14mm 3 13mm,11mm, 12mm and 3 at 10mm total of 11 folicle at the rase waiting on my estradiol levels for instruction. Next follow up on friday looking at sunday folicle retrival and if everything goes well Thursday the 31 will ne my transfer day. I personally was not to happy with ny folicles being all over the place but i guess he knows what hes doing. I will probably start ganirelix tonight until triger day.
How is everyone else doing?
Rosypeaches you are in the count down. Baby dust!!
Nicksy how are you what is your status? Did you start the medication?
Pandagrl how are you doing. Were are you in your cycle? I think im in a low dose of follistim and menopor not sure if they will keep it there.
Hope to hear from you all soon.
Im at the airport ready to board back to stx. I called this morning to work i was running late. Lol i will have to inform them that i will be off on friday and the following week. Hey question what is your recomendation as to how many days ti stay home after the transfer? My job is very stress full work at a bank and currently short staff. That add up to the level stress. ;(
mglupe1979
TTC Diva
TTC Diva

Postby pandagrl » Mon Aug 21, 2017 9:35 am

Rosy, I'm excited for you! Just a few short days away. I nearly killed hubby. We actually broke up for like two days, it was an awful time. But good news, we got a back-up sample into the clinic this morning. I'm confident all will go well on the day of ER, we are going to try to collect at home. We did that this morning and it worked out well, were able to get to the clinic within an hour, etc. Keeping my fingers crossed for you for a smooth transfer on Thursday!

MG - your follicle counts are great! It's only day 5, plenty of time left to grow. Try to take it easy. I'm excited for your ER and wishing you lots and lots of mature, healthy eggs.

Nicky, glad AF started. You are officially into your FET cycle. Keep us posted.

MsMae, welcome, wishing you luck!

AFM, still on the estrace (its making me emotional af, can't wait to stop), and still waiting for AF. My clinic is forcing a day 3 stims start on Saturday (has to do with their PGS testing schedule). Can't wait to get it all over with.
Me 41, SO 46

9 eggs frozen
2 frosties remaining

pandagrl
TTC Princess
TTC Princess

Postby pandagrl » Mon Aug 21, 2017 11:42 am

OMG, i had a weird inkling to POAS cuz I've been feeling those weird twinges in my uterus that I've had before (and it's the eclipse and I'm home from work feeling bored). Well, I got a faint positive. I should be happy but considering I had a chemical last month, I'm quite upset. This will probably mess up my IVF cycle. Ugh. I don't even want to call my clinic. They weren't very nice about it last time.
Me 41, SO 46

9 eggs frozen
2 frosties remaining

pandagrl
TTC Princess
TTC Princess

PreviousNext

Return to IVF