Is in vitro fertilization helping you achieve your dream of parenthood? Discuss IVF, FET, donor egg and surrogacy here!
Mon Jul 10, 2017 12:58 pm
Due to severe male factor, it looks like IVF/ICSI is our only option. So far, I have only had a pelvic ultrasound (totally normal, in fact the nurse said my ovaries looked very good, almost like I had been stimming) and DH has had his SA. I had blood work done about a year 1/2 ago at my old OB and they said all of that was normal. I'm just wondering what other tests I/we will have to do before we can start IVF. I have a consult scheduled for next month I'm just wondering if anyone else has had the same experience or been in the same situation as me. Thanks!
Tue Jul 11, 2017 7:23 am
Hi there, I'm not in the same situation, no male factor with us, but depending on how long it was since your dh's last SA, I would expect the RE to do another one. They will also most likely to a full hormone panel on you since it's been a year and a half and STD check on both. REs are all different in how they approach IVF, so there may be more or less, but I would think this would be at least the minimum. They will also most likely to either an HSG or a saline sonogram on you to check out your tubes and uterus, even with IVF they need to check and make sure there aren't any issues with the tubes. I had the saline one done, it wasn't too bad but not the best feeling.
Good luck to you and keep us updated on how it goes!
Tue Jul 11, 2017 12:32 pm
Thank you! DH's SA was 6/26, so just 2 weeks ago. I'm definitely expecting a hormone panel and an HSG. We are going to see the urologist on Monday and then the RE on August 17. I'm a nervous wreck!
Wed Jul 12, 2017 5:08 am
I understand being nervous, this whole process is one a roller coaster ride of emotions. The RE most likely won't have your dh repeat the SA if it was done just 2 weeks ago, but he may if the urologist puts him on a treatment plan to see if it improves. I'm not sure how much male factor you're talking about, but I know they can put him on medication to help out and if necessary they can go in and retrieve sperm directly and freeze it for future use. Try not to worry too much yet, and wait to see what the urologist has to say.
Let us know how it goes with the urologist.
Wed Jul 12, 2017 9:00 am
In the SA, DH had 2 non-motile sperm in the whole sample, so it's pretty severe. We're both trying not to worry about it until we see the urologist on Monday, but it's all pretty scary! Thank you for your kind words.
Sun Jul 30, 2017 6:47 am
In case of severe male factor, I would recommend considering IVF combined with PGS NGS, that might increase chances
Powered by phpBB © phpBB Group.
phpBB Mobile / SEO by Artodia.