Ivf with endo

Is in vitro fertilization helping you achieve your dream of parenthood? Discuss IVF, FET, donor egg and surrogacy here!

Moderators: unaffected, JessM, southernbelle, maddy

Ivf with endo

Postby Kitkat21 » Wed Aug 30, 2017 8:59 am

Hi All!

Just wondering if any of you did ivf with severe endo pain? Did it make your pain worse? Was your ivf successful? Also heard the period after egg retrieval is pretty brutal, can you take pain meds for that? Thank you!
Kitkat21

Re: Ivf with endo

Postby pandagrl » Fri Sep 01, 2017 6:09 am

I don't have endo but from what I have learned through years of participating in forums and listening to podcasts on the topic, my understanding is that doctors will want to try to remove as much of your endo as possible before IVF treatment to increase the chances of success. I think that removing endo also helps to manage pain (though it usually comes back over time, as does the endo). As for the period after IVF, I think it depends on if you have a fresh transfer or not. I didn't have a fresh transfer and I found the period after stims to be a little heavier than usual, but not a huge difference. If you have a fresh transfer and it fails, your period might be heavier because you'll also have been on hormonal treatment to increase the thickness of the lining. After a failed frozen embryo transfer, my period was noticeably heavier and therefore more crampy.

I hope that helps! Good luck!
Me 41, SO 46

IUI #1 - 8/2015 - BFP but miscarried
4 more IUI's in 2016, all BFN

IVF - ER 3/3/2017 - canceled cycle (partner couldn't produce sperm - almost killed him)
9 eggs frozen
5/2/2017 - 6 eggs made the thaw and all fertilized
5/7/2017 - 1 embryo transferred - BFN
2 frosties remaining

7/22/2017 - natural BFP - chemical
8/21/2017 - another natural BFP :omg:

pandagrl
TTC Princess
TTC Princess

Return to IVF