IVF/PGD-help devastated and confused

Is in vitro fertilization helping you achieve your dream of parenthood? Discuss IVF, FET, donor egg and surrogacy here!

Moderators: unaffected, JessM, southernbelle, maddy

IVF/PGD-help devastated and confused

Postby Muffin1986 » Sat Sep 16, 2017 2:00 am

Hi
I've just finished my first round of IVF with PGD and got a BFN with my third and final frozen embryo. I'm devastated and can't think why it's not working everything is normal we have no fertility issues everything in the tests came back bang on average for both of us even had a further test on my womb cavity which they say is normal we have no health issues and are having PGD as a carry a genetic condition that only effects men. The doctors refused to transfer 2 embryos because of my age (31) so I'm at a loose end weather to go for round 2 or try naturally. I did not think I'd cope well if the tests came back positive for the condition of we got pregnant naturally which is why I went for the PGD but it's not been easy and it looks like it's not working for us and we really want a child so naturally it may have to be. I've a 75% chance of a healthy baby so I guess the odds are good.
I would just like advice is it worth a second round if this one has failed is a second likely to? Anyone been in this situation before?
I get 3 rounds on nhs but have to go back and forth to London for my treatment and everything takes a while I'm worrying I'm getting no younger (I'm 32 in Feb) and I know the older I get the chance of me conceiving naturally gets less and less this round from egg collection to transfers has taken 9 months by the time I start round 2 we will be a year if not more in hopefully someone who has been in this postition can help
Thank you xx
Muffin1986

Re: IVF/PGD-help devastated and confused

Postby Danaa » Sun Sep 17, 2017 2:23 am

I honestly don't know what to say...is a tough decision.
I guess all you can do is you and your partner talk about everything and make a decision together.
Good luck!
My Ovulation Chart
Me 29
DH 31
After 3 years in which we tried everything we are doing IVF in Greece with Iakentro Athens.
Short Protocol with Bemfola and Cetrotide
19mature eggs and we have 9 day5 blasto.
FET#1 ended in a loss around 5 weeks
FET#2 ended in a loss at 22w due to IC,my boys will be forever in my heart .
FET#3 ?
Danaa
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Return to IVF