November/December retrieval or transfer

Is in vitro fertilization helping you achieve your dream of parenthood? Discuss IVF, FET, donor egg and surrogacy here!

Moderators: unaffected, JessM, southernbelle, maddy

November/December retrieval or transfer

Postby Bellami11 » Mon Nov 06, 2017 9:28 pm

Hey Everyone,
Total newbie here! but not new to ttc... After what amounts to 10 years ttc, hubs and I are on our way to our first IVF/ICSI (severe male factor, and now thanks to so many years trying without help, I'm 38, so add that to our issue lol) Anyway, just looking for company and advice, peeps to share this journey with. Anyone else planning a retrieval or transfer in November or December? We are hoping to start meds with my cycle starting around the 18th
Bellami11
Friend

Re: November/December retrieval or transfer

Postby sunshinepgh84 » Tue Nov 07, 2017 11:30 am

Hi Bell!

Yes, a few of us are starting IVF or have some a schedule FET for December.

Welcome! I'm new to this IVF journey as well. My tentative transfer is in December.
TTC #1 since December 2015
Me (33) DH (34)
Normal HSG for me, normal SA for him
March/April/May 2017: Clomid BFN
June 2017: IUI Testing Cycle
July 2017: Testing complete. Diagnosed with Diminished Ovarian Reserve/Unexplained
August/September/October 2017: Clomid + IUI - BFN
November-December - Starting IVF

sunshinepgh84
BabyDuster
BabyDuster

Postby bbelanger91 » Thu Nov 09, 2017 10:30 am

Hello Bella!

I just went through my first IVF cycle and am having my FET done on December 4th. My biggest hurdles in this journey was insurance red tape and my period not coming regularly. I have been trying to conceive for 5 years now and I started the IVF process in May. My advise is if your Insurance is involved in ANY way, stay on them like white on rice. You need to be your own advocate and be obnoxious if need be. Also, ask your clinics any question you can possibly think of, my clinic had me on a need-to-know-basis and that was not okay with me. I had to ask A LOT of questions and push back.

I am hoping all of your IVF process' are smooth sailing! The ladies on these boards really help through the journey!

I will be fxing for you!!! :)
Me: 26 - DH: 29 - TCC #1 Since July 2012
I have severe PCOS, Hypothyroidism, Insulin Resistance, High Blood Pressure
6 Rounds of Clomid, BFN
2 Rounds of Femera, BFN
IVF #1-Fall of 2017
8/25-CD 1
8/27-BC until 9/17
9/18 Suppression Check- All good!
9/21 Start Stims
10/8 Egg Retrieval
10/9 13 Eggs Retrieved
10/10 7 Eggs have Fertilized-Doing a FET. Will know how many made it to freeze on Friday.
10/16 3 Eggs made it to blast and freeze! Egg 1-AA, Egg 3-AB, Egg 7-BB The first 2 made it on Day 5 the last one made it on Day 6
10/18 For the first time in my life, my BP is finally normal! 128/74, my thyroid is within perfect range, and I have lost 7 lbs without even trying! Things are falling into place! I take this as a good sign :)
10/25 Post-Op Appt
12/6 FET Scheduled at 8AM! :)
bbelanger91
Friend

Postby BuffaloMaple » Sat Nov 11, 2017 12:51 pm

Hi Bell! I did my first IVF freeze all in October and will be doing FET in early December. I expect my cycle to begin Nov 16 so pretty close to you. How are you feeling about starting the process? Are you planning a fresh transfer or FET?

Bb, I followed your story for awhile on a different thread during my retrieval. I wish I would have chimed in but some threads are so big and overwhelming! Your and my cycles were about 1 day apart and I think our transfers will be, too! :D
Me 36, DH 34
TTC #1 since Sept 2015
Me - all good except small uterine polyp removed
DH - low count < 10mil
IUI #1-5 BFN, IUI #6 cancelled
IVF #1 with ICSI/PGS, begin stims 9/24/2017
10/6 ER: 15 eggs, 11 mature, 10 fertilized via ICSI
10/12 Day 6 Report: All 10 survived/biopsied/frozen!!
10/16 PGS Results: 7 PGS normals!! 6 girls, 1 boy
Grading: 3 hatching AB Good, 1 hatching BB Good, 3 hatching BC Fair
~Planning FET Nov/Dec 2017~
BuffaloMaple

Postby geeky_gab » Sat Nov 11, 2017 1:35 pm

Hi Bella!
Seems like a few of us will be having the procedure done in a few weeks. I am starting Estrace on November 21st for retrieval in early December, depending on the response. This will be my first experience and I am relieved that we can share this experience here since I know no one who has had difficulties concieving, let along going through IVF. To all ladies, looking forward hearing from you. Take care.
TTC since Dec. 2014 - "unexplained infertility"
Me : 36
DH : 37
IUI #1 (Femara+Ovidrel) : May 23rd 2016 BFN
IUI #2 (Femara+Ovidrel) : September 14th 2016 BFN
IUI #3 (Femara+Ovidrel) : October 11th 2016 BFN
IUI # 4 (Clomid+Ovidrel) : November 8th BFN
Laparoscopy May 29th, fibroid removed, cyst on fallopian tube removed, stage 1 endo removed.
IUI #5 (Femara+Ovidrel) August 20th BFN
IUI #6 (Femara+Menopur+Ovidrel) September 15th BFN
IUI #7 (Femara+Menopur+Ovidrel) October
geeky_gab
TTC Princess
TTC Princess

Postby Bellami11 » Mon Nov 13, 2017 6:55 pm

Wow! I'm so glad to hear from other people who are going through the same things, and lol at the same time!! I cant even explain what a relief that is! So today we met with another Doctor, I was starting to get really uncomfortable with the first one, it was impossible to get answers, no one was explaining anything, other than his initial visit with us when he did a pelvic exam on me, and SA on my husband and bloodwork on us both he did not order or require any other testing, I just got a call from an nurse that our meds were ordered and to contact our prescription provider to pay for it, then call the office when I start my next cycle... adding insult to injury with this weird doc and office, we get our transcribed consultation via email which does not include our bloodwork or anything else other than what the doc recorded on his little tape recorder... word for word... and the final line... "If you have any other questions Michael will explain it to you in the car" I thought I heard that but was trying to dismiss it... nope!! They even took the time to write that in our transcription!! So needless to say, I had enough, and hubs and I decided to see if a different office might be a better choice, we called the office we went to 2 years ago, and they got us right in. We met with a new doc today, and he reviewed our workup from last time (now 2 years old) and wants to do a hysteroscopy (help me if anyone has had one this sounds scary lol) he wants hubs to see a urologist, and he wants to do timed bloodwork and ultrasounds for a whole cycle... this seems so much more right!! So we decided to go with this office... now sadly we are out for November cycle and December as well because their office is closed for the final two weeks of December and my cycle should start around the 15-18th... siggghhhhh... on to January but it feels right! I will be crossing my fingers for you all though!!
@Sunshine do you know what week your transfer should be? babydusssstt!!
@Bb that is so exciting! December 4th I will fxing for you all day;-) I also have Hypothyroidism and they just doubled my meds because apparently my thyroid is not wanting to cooperate with this process lol! Our insurance is supposed to cover us for up to 15,000 but I am just waiting for the other shoe to drop, like last minute "oh you have to pay for that.... " ughhh I hope they don't suck:-/
@Maple, this doc is recommending that we do genetic screening but insurance doesn't cover that so hubs and I are trying to work that out, if it works out and we can afford it then it will be frozen transfer, if not then our new doc says the goal is fresh but if my labs are not right and I don't have enough or have too much of certain hormones then it will be frozen but he did say he will specifically test for these things before deciding. It looks like you have had the genetic testing as well? He said we could choose the sex of the baby that way also lol but my husband and I cant agree on this, I kinda want a girl and he wants a boy, lol Im wondering if they would let us say "you decide doc and don't tell us!" Im all about letting fate have this one, hubs disagrees... lol an argument for another time I suppose
@Geeky, good luck with retrieval!! Im super nervous about going through it, I will cross all my fingers for you for a good retrieval!
Im so glad to have some people to talk to finally! I wish you all so much luck! This journey can feel so lonely... even hubs doesn't seem to truly understand sometimes... he gets that easy showup/cup thing lmao!
Bellami11
Friend

Postby BuffaloMaple » Wed Nov 15, 2017 12:25 pm

Bella, something definitely sounds off with your last doc. I would have felt the same way! Sorry to hear about your delay but it will be sooo worth it to have a more thorough doc who communicates well. This process is stressful enough as it is. And I’m glad you have good feelings about doing a January cycle! I hope all your testing goes smoothly in the next couple weeks!

As for the Hysteroscopy, do you know if it’s diagnostic or is it surgical? I had both. The diagnostic is just to put the camera in real quick to see if there are any problems but not deal with them at the moment. Super easy, not painful. The surgical one they go back in to take care of whatever problems they found on the diagnostic one. You should be put to sleep for this one. I had mild cramps and light bleeding for a day or two after.

With the genetic testing you should be able to keep the gender hidden if you want! Our clinic offered to hide it or reveal it, and we chose to reveal because we both really want a girl. Just tell your hubby you’re the one going through all the painful procedures so you deserve to pick. Haha!
Me 36, DH 34
TTC #1 since Sept 2015
DH - low count < 10mil
BuffaloMaple

Postby Hmorg » Thu Nov 16, 2017 4:02 am

Hi all i am new to all this. I started my icis ivf journey 22nd oct with my down regulation and im currently stimmulating with the potential to go for retrieval next week. To say i am scared is an understatement but nice to read others are going through the same
Hmorg

Postby bbelanger91 » Thu Nov 16, 2017 12:04 pm

Hi ladies!! Sorry I have been MIA from the boards lately because I am just trying to get through my last few weeks of school while waiting for my AF to show her face! haha. Its so good to hear how you all are doing.

Buffalo-This whole process has honestly been something else. I am feeling good now that I am at the finish line. I have been doing the IVF road for almost a year now. My FET is the 4th of December so I will know by Christmas if I am pregnant or not and I am so nervous! I handled everything else like the stims and bloodwork and ultrasounds really well, but I think the actual tww is whats going to be the worst for me.

Looks like we will both being the IVF Freeze transfer in the beginning of Dec! So at least I won't be going through it alone.

geeky-Nice to see you here as well! :) I start estrace in 2 days! then I have to do the intramuscular progesterone shots...those are going to be awful! :( Looks like we will also be in the tww together! yay! Another buddy! I will be fxing for us all!

Bell- I am sorry you have to miss out. But having a doctor you trust and is a good fit is really important. You definitely want this done right. I was going to another doctor for 2 years and he just wasted my time, broke my spirit and just kept taking my money. I finally switching to Boston IVF and now I couldn't be happier with my doctor.The switch was hard but total worth it. Also, they will be increasing my thyroid meds as well once I get pregnant because even though my levels are super low, they want them really below normal so that there isnt much fluctuation because if the levels go up and down, it is harmful to the baby. But insurance is a complete pain! I feel you pain! I hope it works out! I will be praying for you!!! Keep up posted! :)

Hmorg- Girl, I know how you feel. We are here for you. The stims are scary at first, but once you get used to them and you start seeing progression at the ultrasounds, you will start to feel better. Don't borrow tomorrow, just worry about whats in front of you. That's the best advise I have received during this process. I always think ahead, and worry about things that haven't happened yet, so just focus on the stims and doing your best with those. Try not to worry about the retrieval or the transfer too soon, that time will come. Find little hobbies or activities to help you focus your mind. I have been in school and it has been a great distraction. Time has been flying and I haven't been worrying about the IVF process, and so far everything has gone great. And I honestly believe its because I am not stressing out about it. I also got a puppy to help keep me distracted! lol distractions are good! I will be praying for your retrieval! I look forward to hearing about your journey

AFM, AF should be in full furry tomorrow/Saturday! Then I start Estrace, Asprin and then the shots of Progesterone and then on CD 20 I will be transferring 1 perfect blastocyst! I can't believe I am so close! Ahhh it will be the best Christmas present I could ever receive :)
6 Rounds of Clomid, BFN
2 Rounds of Femera, BFN
IVF #1-Fall of 2017
8/25-CD 1
8/27-BC until 9/17
9/21 Start Stims
10/8 Egg Retrieval
10/9 13 Eggs Retrieved
10/10 7 Eggs have Fertilized-Doing a FET. Will know how many made it to freeze on Friday.
10/16 3 Eggs made it to blast and freeze! Egg 1-AA, Egg 3-AB, Egg 7-BB The first 2 made it on Day 5 the last one made it on Day 6
10/18 For the first time in my life, my BP is finally normal! 128/74, my thyroid is within perfect range, and I have lost 7 lbs without even trying! Things are falling into place! I take this as a good sign :)
10/25 Post-Op Appt
bbelanger91
Friend

Postby geeky_gab » Fri Nov 17, 2017 10:15 am

Hello to all!
I am sorry to hear that your cycles have been delayed Bella, on the bright side, you'll be able to have a drink or two over the holidays, if you do have a break during that time?
Bbelanger, thanks for your kind words! Estrace seems to be the lesser of all evils, since they are small little caplets. I am so sorry you have to take progesterone injections. Do you have to take them all cycle long?!

AFM, I will be starting Estrace on Tuesday, and stopping both alcohol and cafeine completely at that time. I am not a heavy drinker of both and my doctor said a glass of wine at dinner or a morning coffee are not a problem but I feel I want to put all chances on my side considering the emotional and financial investment...

Buffalo, Sunshing, Hmorg, how is everybody feeling? Mostly in waiting from what I gather?
Take care and wishing you all a good weekend!
TTC since Dec. 2014 - "unexplained infertility"
Me : 36
DH : 37
IUI #1 (Femara+Ovidrel) : May 23rd 2016 BFN
IUI #2 (Femara+Ovidrel) : September 14th 2016 BFN
IUI #3 (Femara+Ovidrel) : October 11th 2016 BFN
IUI # 4 (Clomid+Ovidrel) : November 8th BFN
Laparoscopy May 29th, fibroid removed, cyst on fallopian tube removed, stage 1 endo removed.
IUI #5 (Femara+Ovidrel) August 20th BFN
IUI #6 (Femara+Menopur+Ovidrel) September 15th BFN
IUI #7 (Femara+Menopur+Ovidrel) October
geeky_gab
TTC Princess
TTC Princess

Postby sunshinepgh84 » Fri Nov 17, 2017 11:14 am

Hi everyone!

Hope all is well.

Went to the doctor on Monday and she was "concerned" with my low AMH, but not even remotely to the level that I was. She said she did give me a higher dose of stims than she normally would someone by age, but she's still feeling good about my chances based all of my other test results.

I start stims next Friday after Thanksgiving. I will be on injections of Follistim for 8-14 days and Ganirelix, but sounds like only if I need that. My retrieval and transfer week is tentatively scheduled for December 3-10. I have injection class next week. I will be fine giving myself shots, but I'm so afraid to mess something up (I won't, I'm obsessive about following instructions.)

I'm nervous, but excited. And I feel a lot better after talking to the doctor. She really reassured me that low AMH is NOT the only thing that predicts a successful IVF cycle. So I hope to be proof that it's not.

We are self pay (ugh) and even the bill has me less worried because it's not as much as I thought it would be (IT'S STILL A LOT) but I feel good that even if this doesn't work, we can afford to do it again.
TTC #1 since December 2015
Me (33) DH (34)
Normal HSG for me, normal SA for him
March/April/May 2017: Clomid BFN
June 2017: IUI Testing Cycle
July 2017: Testing complete. Diagnosed with Diminished Ovarian Reserve/Unexplained
August/September/October 2017: Clomid + IUI - BFN
November-December - Starting IVF

sunshinepgh84
BabyDuster
BabyDuster

Postby bbelanger91 » Fri Nov 17, 2017 1:05 pm

geeky- Unfortunately I do! I might even need to take them past my positive pregnancy test. eek! When the nurse was explaining on how to administer them, she was like, "you really need to stab it in the muscle because if you don't do it with enough force it won't penetrate all the way through, and if you see blood going into the needle, you will need to stop and try it again".... =O! I was freaking out! She said icing my bum cheek before and after helps with the pain. I'm afraid these shots are going to be 10x worse then the stims. But I am trying not to dwell on it.

Also, I couldn't agree with you more on the alcohol and caffeine, I haven't drank in months, I'm not a big drinker either, but like you said, the emotional and financial investment is so much, you will do anything you feel will help boost your odds.

Sunshine-Congrats!!!! :) :) Honestly, after the first few nights, you become a pro at the injections so I have full confidence you will not mess them up. That was my biggest concern when I did it as well. And you doctor couldn't be more right about the AMH. Its about quality not quantity :) I will be praying for nice, perfect embryos for you! I had 13 mature eggs retrieved, 7 fertilize and 3 make it to blast, and I have really high AMH because of my PCOS, and I still had a "normal" amount retrieved the nurse said. So I wouldn't focus too much on the AMH.

AFM, My AF came today, so I started the Estrace and aspirin this morning...so the fun begins! :)
6 Rounds of Clomid, BFN
2 Rounds of Femera, BFN
IVF #1-Fall of 2017
8/25-CD 1
8/27-BC until 9/17
9/21 Start Stims
10/8 Egg Retrieval
10/9 13 Eggs Retrieved
10/25 Post-Op Appt
bbelanger91
Friend

Postby BuffaloMaple » Mon Nov 20, 2017 5:42 pm

Hi all!

Sunshine, you’re so close to starting stims! So exciting! I was scared of messing my meds up too, but trust me you will have it down after 2 or 3 days. Let us know how your first injections go.

Bb, sorry you have to do PIO shots. Sounds like your nurse gave you some good pointers at least. And woohoo to starting your transfer cycle! Looks like a couple people here are doing Estrace.

Hmorg, welcome! How are you doing? Getting close to retrieval?

AFM, my AF started Thursday. I had my baseline ultrasound and blood work done Friday. Everything checked out a-okay. I’m doing a natural cycle FET so not a lot else going on here. Next up I’ll have an ultrasound CD12 to check my lining.
Me 36, DH 34
TTC #1 since Sept 2015
DH - low count < 10mil
BuffaloMaple

Postby aasnyder16 » Mon Nov 20, 2017 9:06 pm

I just had my transferred last Thursday and tried to test out my HCG in my system. I saw a faint line this evening. I mean am I crazy? I don't know how to feel right now!!
Attachments
IMG_7847.JPG
IMG_7847.JPG (69.57 KiB) Viewed 37 times
aasnyder16
BabyDuster
BabyDuster

Postby bbelanger91 » Tue Nov 21, 2017 6:47 am

Buffalo- yay to you starting your natural FET cycle! :) Im so happy to hear that your progression is going good. I also have a lining check but on CD9. I am hoping things are progressing nicely for me in that department.

aasnyder- I do see a faint line on 4dp5dt! good luck!!! Keep us posted! Sending positive thoughts and baby dust your way!

AFM, this Estrace is no joke. For a tiny little pill I am having some serious side effects. It is giving me headaches, back pain and sorry for the tmi, but it is making my lady parts sore. I called my doctor yesterday and they said these side effects are normal and will hopefully subside once my body becomes used to them. I hope so, because I feel awful. :(
6 Rounds of Clomid, BFN
2 Rounds of Femera, BFN
IVF #1-Fall of 2017
8/25-CD 1
8/27-BC until 9/17
9/21 Start Stims
10/8 Egg Retrieval
10/9 13 Eggs Retrieved
10/25 Post-Op Appt
bbelanger91
Friend

Next

Return to IVF