November/December retrieval or transfer

Is in vitro fertilization helping you achieve your dream of parenthood? Discuss IVF, FET, donor egg and surrogacy here!

Moderators: JessM, southernbelle, maddy, unaffected

Re: November/December retrieval or transfer

Postby BuffaloMaple » Mon Dec 18, 2017 1:51 pm

Amouna, thanks for your reply! I’ve been feeling guilty for feeling this way, especially because DH is so crazy excited. I started reading about the baby’s growth today and browsed a baby name book, trying to stoke the reality and excitement for myself! :)

Sunshine, my beta went great! BFP!! My reading was 221. I’m so excited for you to do yours tomorrow!
Me 36, DH 34
TTC #1 since Sept 2015
Me - all good except uterine polyp removed
DH - low count < 10mil
IUI #1-5 BFN, IUI #6 cancelled
IVF #1 with ICSI/PGS, begin stims 9/24/2017
10/6 ER: 15 eggs, 11 mature, 10 fertilized via ICSI
10/12 Day 6 Report: All 10 survived/biopsied/frozen!!
10/16 PGS Results: 7 PGS normals! 6 girls, 1 boy
12/9 FET #1 BFP
BuffaloMaple
BabyDuster
BabyDuster

Postby sunshinepgh84 » Mon Dec 18, 2017 2:12 pm

EEEEEE YAY!

Today was so busy for me, I almost forget my Beta is tomorrow! Soooo ready for it!
TTC #1 since December 2015
Me (33) DH (34)
Normal HSG for me, normal SA for him
March/April/May 2017: Clomid BFN
June 2017: IUI Testing Cycle - Diminished Ovarian Reserve
August/September/October 2017: Clomid + IUI - BFN
December IVF - BFP
Beta #1 - 135, Beta #2 - 227
sunshinepgh84
BabyDuster
BabyDuster

Postby Bellami11 » Mon Dec 18, 2017 8:16 pm

Where to start... hmmmm... ok I will start with this... Buffalo!! Congrats on the beta!! Omg Mama!! So exciting! But I totally get what u mean feeling kind of numb to it, I think Amouna said it best, when you have been through so much to get here it's almost too much to take in, and kinda scary too, so don't feel bad!! I know u r not alone and I'm sure that excitement will knock u over soon!:-)
Sunshine!! I can't wait to hear about your beta!! Omg!! Keep us posted!
Fun question for you two, and Amouna too... How did u tell hubs? I mean I know the mystery is kinda gone but, lol I feel like if I poas I'm gonna want him there... or maybe I won't Lmao! But in my head that's how it goes.. Lol!
Geeky, I hope all is going well for you, I'm so sorry u r overtstimulating! Are you in a lot of pain? I hope it's not too bad! I will be thinking about u so much, hoping retrieval goes Well! Make sure you take it as easy as possible and let dh spoil u!!
Afm hubs and I had our appointment with our off nurse today just to go over everything (I can't say enough about this office, and the way they take care of us and keep us in the loop) So she said I will be doing an antagonist protocol, and if all goes well tomorrow we can do meds and retrieval in January, and transfer in March (lol another rookie mistake, I didn't know it's 6-8 weeks to get the uterus ready for transfer lol!) Anyway she said because of tge pgs we are doing and that requiring frozen transfer, that there is a really good chance that the doc will approve us to start meds for retrieval in January!! So I'm asking for some good vibes ladies!! Throw some good thoughts at baby broid lol And my surgery in the morning... eeek!! I can't wait to get this show on the road and join u guys!! Oh, funny story! The ivf nurse yelled at hubs about taking his vitamins, I was like "yea! Get him!!" Lmao!! She goes "why aren't you taking them regularly?" Hubs says "well they make me pre a lot, kinda hurt my stomach and they turn my pee green" She goes "annd??! That's minor compared to what your wife is about to go through, this is serious, if we can't get enough sperm, you are putting your wife through this for nothing!" Lol I chimed in "ha! Told ya!" Lmao!! I'm a child! But like thank Nurse, you freaking rock!!
Anyway, I'm off to bed, we have to be at the surgery center at 630am.. iwwwww...
Wish me luck ladies!! Thanks for keeping me inspired<3
TTC 10 Years...
Me 39 just turned! :rofl: DH 37
Severe Male Factor
Getting ready to do our first IVF w/ICSI and PGS
Going through lots of testing right now and just found a large fibroid that needs to be removed
Cycle delayed because of it.
Surgery to remove fibroid scheduled for 12/19
fx-ing for Jan/Feb retrieval and transfer 8) 8) 8)
Bellami11

Postby Bellami11 » Mon Dec 18, 2017 8:25 pm

Oh one last thing Lol! I may not be in the November December retrieval camp anymore but (thanks to due date calculators Lol and yes I have tested that out for March transfer already... don't judge Lol! ) I may be in the due November/December 2018 club lol!! Fingers crossed!!<3<3<3
TTC 10 Years...
Me 39 just turned! :rofl: DH 37
Severe Male Factor
Getting ready to do our first IVF w/ICSI and PGS
Going through lots of testing right now and just found a large fibroid that needs to be removed
Cycle delayed because of it.
Surgery to remove fibroid scheduled for 12/19
fx-ing for Jan/Feb retrieval and transfer 8) 8) 8)
Bellami11

Postby Amouna87 » Tue Dec 19, 2017 1:56 am

Bellami good luck today and praying for a speedy recovery! Do you get to go home today? Sending hugs! Thats so funny about the nurse, they're so straight talking. Sometimes guys can be such babies though lol! When my nurse was telling me about my retrieval she was like okay so you need to bring slippers to walk down to theatre, a dressing gown/bath robe and DH was like aha mmhmm okay, so I need a bath robe too? Errrr why the helllll would you need a bathrobe for MY procedure lol!!

How I told DH was: "omg is this line darker than the (500) otber tests? Is it? How much?? Are you just saying that?! So you don't think it's the trigger?? Do you? But is it definitely darker? For sure? Ok shall I take another one?? No but when I googled it said be careful of trigger...is it definitely darker?! Etc etc etc lol! Poor guy didn't have the chance to be surprised with his crazy wife lol!! We don't have betas done in UK which is just as well because I would have been obsessing over those too! I did ask for one just to be sure and it was 1982 at 21dpo (so weird that I remember that lol) so I then spent next week googling beta numbers lol!

Sunshine can't wait to hear betas!!
Buffallo amazing numbers :)

Ladies how the hellll did you have retrieval awake?! They do it under general anaesthetic here, so I was put to sleep and when I wokeup was so uncomfy with cramps and this kind of raw feeling- so how do you do that awake?!

Xxxx
When the world says "give up", hope whispers "try it one more time"
2 years TTC #1
Me (28) DH (28)
Me: So far so good thank God
DH- Low morphology (2%) & slightly below average count (18mill/ml) everything else okay

HSG Feb 15: All good

Always praying so hard for our BFP!

http://www.fertilityfriend.com/home/45f043
Amouna87
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby geeky_gab » Tue Dec 19, 2017 7:02 am

Good morning ladies,

Bella, I hope all goes well! I will be thinking of you today. Adieu babybroid! :rofl:

Amouna, they are sending me to retrival with an Ativan caplet lol. I think it's better that I don't really know what to expect! lol! but isn't coming back from general anesthesia hard on your body though?

AFM, after my u/s yesterday, I was put on leave from work until Christmas. My ovaries are really really big. They gave me pills, Dostinex, to manage the OHSS and hopefully all will calm down once the retrieval is done. Also, the trigger they gave me was something else, not the usual gonadotropins but Suprefact. Never heard of it.

I have to drink light gatorade and be quiet. Lol. So, zootherapy with the furbabies it is. DH has been doing all the chores so I cannot complain! lol

Retrival is tomorrow. I am scared but also, I am so ready for this all to be over! How long did it take you all to get news from the clinic, about your embabies? I wonder if I will be getting news on Christmas, since that would be exactly 5 days after retrieval or if they freeze them earlier, for a FET.

I hope everyone is doing well, Buffalo, always nice to hear from you and how you are doing. Sunshine, fx for your beta results today! Has bbelanger been back on this forum? If so, how are you feeling?
TTC since Dec. 2014 - "unexplained infertility"
Me : 36
DH : 37
IUI #1 (Femara+Ovidrel) : May 23rd 2016 BFN
IUI #2 (Femara+Ovidrel) : September 14th 2016 BFN
IUI #3 (Femara+Ovidrel) : October 11th 2016 BFN
IUI # 4 (Clomid+Ovidrel) : November 8th BFN
Laparoscopy May 29th, fibroid removed, cyst on fallopian tube removed, stage 1 endo removed.
IUI #5 (Femara+Ovidrel) August 20th BFN
IUI #6 (Femara+Menopur+Ovidrel) September 15th BFN
IUI #7 (Femara+Menopur+Ovidrel) October BFN
Antagonist protocol, retrival Dec. 20th 2018 = 4 x 5day blasts, 4 x 6day blasts :omg:
Hoping for FET in Jan-Feb 2018
geeky_gab
TTC Princess
TTC Princess

Postby mglupe1979 » Tue Dec 19, 2017 7:59 am

Oh wao geeky, take it reall easy. Make sure you have lots of salty thing to eat and the protein shakes it really help me i had 19 follicles going in. I drink lots of Gatorade too.
Well as for me, not much to update. Just came from my ultrasound my uterus is being lazy im currently taken 8mg of estrogen for the past 15 day and its only at 6.6mm dont think i will be transfering on the 26th dec. I need advise. What did your doc do to increase your lining. Any input will be appreciated
mglupe1979
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby Amouna87 » Tue Dec 19, 2017 9:14 am

Geeky sorry if I scared you didn't mean to!! I'm a baby when it comes to cramps anyways lol! I dunno that's just the way it's done here in UK under anaesthetic. The embryologist called me the next day to say how many had fertilised, then every day until day 4 because by then they decide if its best to do a 3 or 5 day, and they like to leave it alone until day 5. Obviously I was the one who called on day 4 begging for an update and asking them how strong they seemed lol!! i only had 2 and by day of transfer was just the one lone embaby lol

Hope you're getting some rest, OHSS sounds so painful, is it like reallllyyy bad ovulation pain? Like knives? Ah wishing you a fast recovery!

MG what did your dr say about the lining? You still have time, what do they want it at?
2 years TTC #1
Me (28) DH (28)
DH- Low morphology (2%) & slightly below average count (18mill/ml) everything else okay

Amouna87
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby sunshinepgh84 » Tue Dec 19, 2017 10:46 am

Geeky - Feel better! Hopefully they can keep it under control! I had no issues coming out of anesthesia! Felt a little dizzy for like an hour afterwards.

I heard about my embryos the next day before noon and then nothing until I was at transfer, that's just how my clinic works.

ALSO AFM: My Beta was 153!!!!
Me (33) DH (34)
December IVF - BFP
sunshinepgh84
BabyDuster
BabyDuster

Postby geeky_gab » Tue Dec 19, 2017 5:01 pm

Good evening ladies!
Mglupe, thanks for the advice! I hope you are well. I do not have advice concerning lining, I am fortunate never to have had such issues. What did the doctor recommend? Are they changing your dose of estrogen?

Amouna, I'm telling myself I'll be fine ;) I am only at stage 1-2 OHSS so its tolerable but sometimes during the day, it really hurts and I get nauseous. I was told both of my ovaries are the size of grapefruits so... you get the idea! I hope all clears out after the retrival! Thanks for sharing your experience after fertilization. I can't imagine waiting on that news! You have been so patient. And it paid off :)

Suneshine!!!!!! I am so happy for you!!!! And I am glad to have shared a part of your journey :) I wish you health and all the best.

AFM : retrieval is tomorrow! The big day.. I hope DH's count will be good and that we get good news soon from the embryologist.
Laparoscopy May 29th, fibroid removed, cyst on fallopian tube removed, stage 1 endo removed.
Antagonist protocol, retrival Dec. 20th 2018 = 4 x 5day blasts, 4 x 6day blasts :omg:
geeky_gab
TTC Princess
TTC Princess

Postby Amouna87 » Wed Dec 20, 2017 2:28 am

Good luck Geeky!!! Come and update us soon!xxx
2 years TTC #1
Me (28) DH (28)

Amouna87
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby mglupe1979 » Wed Dec 20, 2017 2:46 am

Good Morning ladies, i did not sleep well last night its 5am and im up reading your post. With the news i received yesterday that my lining was at 6mm i book the only flight left and travel to pr, no hotels available got a rented car and a friend of my sister rescue me for the night ;). I will be going in this am to see my doc. They will be adding estrogen in injectabel. I really hope this do the trick. Also hope that when he check me today im surprice with my lining puffing up to 8mm that would mean the world to me. I will do a session of acupuncture this morning to. If i could just stay here i would feel better but that is not the case.
I also bought pomegranate in pills since i cant get the juice and i read it also help with the lining.
Let me ask if i have a 5day blast emby how many days you count for transfer using progesteron? Is it on the six day they will put them in ,or on the same fifth day?
Geeky take it real easy if you can also drink coconut water is really good. I heard that after the retrival is when it can get the worst. Not to scare you but have your self check atleast two days later they can go back in the drain any excess liquid.
To add to your question i was called the next day with the result of how many had fertilized. How they were doing upto the 3rd day. Then on the 5th day with the final results. Good luck i know you are in good hands.
Wanted to add that they added delestrogen to my protocal twice a week will come back next week to see my progress and if and only if everything is good we are book for the 3rd of jan 2018 for tranfer of my embies to their new home for 9 months :)
mglupe1979
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby geeky_gab » Thu Dec 21, 2017 7:34 am

Good morning ladies!
I was waiting for news from the clinic before coming back to you!
Yesterday's retrieval went well, it was painful but bearable. They retrieved 22 eggs!
I got the news that out of those, 8/10 were fertilized by ICSI and 8/11 were fertilized "through the standard method".Only one was not mature enough, which is cool! They'll call me again tomorrow and on Monday, hopefully for good news on Christmas (to tell me how many blasts will actually go to freeze).
So, good news overall, since it also appears that the OHSS is calming down. My weight is stable and I feel less bloated. But I am keeping a careful eye on everything.

How is everyone doing? :)
geeky_gab
TTC Princess
TTC Princess

Postby sunshinepgh84 » Thu Dec 21, 2017 7:47 am

Great news Geeky!!! Retrieval to transfer was the hardest week for me! I know you're not doing a fresh transfer, but man, those 5 days were torture!

Keep us updated when you know how many blasts you have! What a nice Christmas present :)

Buffalo - how you feeling?

Amouna, Bella, MG - hi!

AFM: My second beta was today and I'm waiting to hear the number. Hope it's nice and high and doubled from Tuesday.
Me (33) DH (34)
December IVF - BFP
sunshinepgh84
BabyDuster
BabyDuster

Postby BuffaloMaple » Thu Dec 21, 2017 10:20 am

Geeky, I’m sooo glad your retrieval went to so well and that your OHSS is calming down!! You got some fabulous numbers there. I can’t wait to hear your embryo updates!

Bellami, I made the same rookie mistake thinking my FET would be the very next cycle after egg retrieval. Also I ovulated about 1 week late for both cycles after my retrieval too, so just be warned things may not go exactly as you imagine. I assume you’re doing a medicated FET though so that will at least be a very controlled cycle? How did surgery go?!! Fx for a speedy recovery!! Also lol I wish your nurse had been around to yell at my DH too. He had the same complaint about green pee and I wanted to slap him like “you know what I’m going through, right?” ...To answer your question, I told DH I was pregnant by hanging a mini stocking on the Christmas tree with a positive test inside (thanks Pinterest!).

Mglupe, I’m sorry I don’t have any advice or insight for thin linings. I haven’t had to deal with that. How are things going today?

Sunshine, excellent beta! Congrats! I can wait to hear your second results. Are you having any symptoms yet? None for me except I seem to get tired really easy, but that could just be the weather and the Christmas cookies!

My beta yesterday came back at 453, so it about doubled from my first at 221. It’s so surreal. DH and I are slowly making a plan of when to tell our parents and siblings who knew about our IVF.
Me 36, DH 34
TTC #1 since Sept 2015
Me - all good except uterine polyp removed
DH - low count < 10mil
IUI #1-5 BFN, IUI #6 cancelled
IVF #1 with ICSI/PGS, begin stims 9/24/2017
10/6 ER: 15 eggs, 11 mature, 10 fertilized via ICSI
10/12 Day 6 Report: All 10 survived/biopsied/frozen!!
10/16 PGS Results: 7 PGS normals! 6 girls, 1 boy
12/9 FET #1 BFP
BuffaloMaple
BabyDuster
BabyDuster

PreviousNext

Return to IVF