November/December retrieval or transfer

Is in vitro fertilization helping you achieve your dream of parenthood? Discuss IVF, FET, donor egg and surrogacy here!

Moderators: JessM, southernbelle, maddy, unaffected

Re: November/December retrieval or transfer

Postby mglupe1979 » Thu Dec 21, 2017 10:58 am

Geeky congratulation once again 22 eggies is awesome!!!
Take it real easy. What a lovely Christmas present. You should have over 10 blast!! on Monday to freeze.
Sunshire any update on your number?
Buffalo keep those number doubling up.
What a happy merry Christmas ladies. Im so exited for you all with your positives outcome.
I really thought this was my year but i do know that im one step closer. Im so ready for 2018 to be here. Im book for the 3rd yuppii!!
mglupe1979
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby Bellami11 » Thu Dec 21, 2017 1:35 pm

Hi Ladies!! I hope everyone is doing well!!<3 Geeky congrats on retrieval!! That sounds like very promising numbers!! Sunshine and Buffalo omg!! So exciting!! Will you guys tell family for Christmas or wait? Do u have any fun ideas for how to tell everyone?? MG I hope things that lining puffed up for you:-) I will be fxing for u!!
Fam, surgery went well, Broid has been officially evicted!! Turns out he was even bigger than doc was expecting but they were able to get him out anyway:-) I'm feeling mostly crappy, and lol that's what I get I suppose for wanting to milk this... Lol instead it actually hurts! Boooo!! On the plus side though, I'm getting lots of rest and the pain meds they gave me help, I'm debating heading back to work tomorrow, but not sure, my job requires being on my feet a lot and running around so lol not sure if I'm there yet... I guess i will make that call in the morning. So the doc says we can probably start meds at the end of January, lol 3 weeks later than I was hoping, yet another setback**sigh*** lol it's ok though I'm starting to actually expect them now Lmao! I have my follow up on the 5th, and we will have a plan in place then, so fingers crossed for me!! So hubs and I have decided to tell his family that we are going to do ivf. Hubs is one of 4 kids and Christmas has always been expensive, because of all the extra costs with this process we decided to not buy gifts for anyone but the kids in the family, and we are going to give a wrapped box to all the adults with a note inside explaining that they have just donated to their newest family member Lol! We think it's time to invite them in to our journey... a little... so we shall see how that goes! Did u guys share with your family about your journey? Anyway, I'm off to nap a bit, and get this babymaker ready for an invader:-)
TTC 10 Years...
Me 39 just turned! :rofl: DH 37
Severe Male Factor
Getting ready to do our first IVF w/ICSI and PGS
Going through lots of testing right now and just found a large fibroid that needs to be removed
Cycle delayed because of it.
Surgery to remove fibroid scheduled for 12/19
fx-ing for Jan/Feb retrieval and transfer 8) 8) 8)
Surgery delayed us until March
Starting stims 3/23!!
Bellami11
BabyDuster
BabyDuster

Postby sunshinepgh84 » Fri Dec 22, 2017 5:37 am

Thanks everyone! My beta yesterday was 223 from 135, which the doctor said was an appropriate rise and they aren’t checking it again as far as I know. My ultrasound is next Friday! So nervous. So many milestones in this first trimester!

We told our immediate family. Nothing special. Everyone was already waiting on Tuesday for answers lol. Still have to tell my SIL in person tomorrow. Hiding it from my extremely intrusive extended family on Christmas Eve will be fun though. I’m mostly a wine drinker so should be interesting. Luckily I’ve also been a beer drinker so water in a bottle or can for me! Personally don’t care if people suspect.
TTC #1 since December 2015
Me (33) DH (34)
Normal HSG for me, normal SA for him
March/April/May 2017: Clomid BFN
June 2017: IUI Testing Cycle - Diminished Ovarian Reserve
August/September/October 2017: Clomid + IUI - BFN
December IVF - BFP
Beta #1 - 135, Beta #2 - 227
sunshinepgh84
BabyDuster
BabyDuster

Postby Bellami11 » Fri Dec 22, 2017 8:26 am

Sunshine congrats again on the beta! That's awesome!! How are you feeling? Any symptoms yet? Also that's brilliant, the water in the beer bottle!! Lol! I am also known to be a wine drinker and would definitely raise suspicion if I didn't have a wine or beer at a family get together, I'm totally stealing this move lol!
TTC 10 Years...
Severe Male Factor
Going through lots of testing right now and just found a large fibroid that needs to be removed
Starting stims 3/23!!
Bellami11
BabyDuster
BabyDuster

Postby Bellami11 » Fri Dec 22, 2017 9:08 am

Omg! Too much free time from this surgery lmao!! I just found this onesie that said "My first babysitter was an embryologist" lol!! So cute! Just thought I would share:-)
TTC 10 Years...
Severe Male Factor
Starting stims 3/23!!
Bellami11
BabyDuster
BabyDuster

Postby geeky_gab » Sat Dec 23, 2017 5:56 am

Good morning ladies,
Quick update before I leave up north for Christmas.
The clinic called we are now at 11 good quality embryos. The embryologist was very pleased by the result. I am a bit shocked at the 50% depletion.. more to come on Christmas day.
I have been really affected by the Dostinex. I feel jumpy and I am still bloated.
Amouna, Bella, Buffalo, Suneshine, mglupe, I will be back on the forum looking for news from you all :)
Have a good one! I have to prepare taking the road in a kinda blizzard...
See you soon.
TTC since Dec. 2014 - "unexplained infertility"
Me : 36
DH : 37
IUI #1 - #7 May 2016 - October 2017 BFN
Laparoscopy May 29th 2017, fibroid removed, cyst on fallopian tube removed, stage 1 endo removed.
IVF Antagonist protocol, retrival Dec. 2017
FET Feb 2018 BFN
Hoping for April FET
geeky_gab
TTC Princess
TTC Princess

Postby mglupe1979 » Sat Dec 23, 2017 8:53 am

Geeky take it really easy i cant stop stressing this to you. Your body has an over load of medication. Rest as much as you can. Out if the 11 you will have a hand full ig kids jijiji. You should be at 6 to 8 blast and that is just awesome!!
Sunshine that is great how are you feeling?
As for me i did the delestronge on my own this morning. Ufff not bad but i think i hit a vien lots of blood come out. Grrr!! This liquid is so tick hard to pull on the needle. Atlease is only twice a week.
I have a follow up on Wednesday hoping my lining has responded nicely and i can continue with the schedule to transfer on January 3rd 2018.
mglupe1979
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby geeky_gab » Tue Dec 26, 2017 12:08 pm

Good afternoon!
mglupe, I am sorry you have to take those shots, they really seem to hurt :( I keep my fx for your scan tomorrow and hope for good news and a transfer soon!

AFM we just got great news from the clinic. They froze 4 5days blasts and 4 6days blasts. They are all excellent quality. So, I am pleased with the results and this encourages me for 2018! The symptoms from OHSS are calming down but I am still super bloated. AF attacked with full force yesterday, on CD21 and 5 days after retrieval. I was super suprised! None of my blasts were ready, I could never had had a successful fresh transfer... has this happened to any of you?

I hope everyone is going well! Buffalo and Suneshine, I hope your tricks to hide non-alchoolic drinks will have worked and that you are feeling happy and not too tired. Bella and Amouna, I hope you are well too!
:)
Laparoscopy May 29th 2017, fibroid removed, cyst on fallopian tube removed, stage 1 endo removed.
FET Feb 2018 BFN
Hoping for April FET
geeky_gab
TTC Princess
TTC Princess

Postby mglupe1979 » Tue Dec 26, 2017 1:32 pm

Thats is fantastic new geeky!! I told you 6 to 8 blast. Rf came so soon because you were never given progesteron and the last medication they give you help reduce the excess of the LH you had in your body. Wait atleast two cycle to help normalize your body. In no time you will be on the FET protocal.
How is everyone else doing. I hope you all had a nice Christmas.
My apointment is tomorrow i really hope im ready to start the progesteron by Friday since my embies are 5 day blast i have to be on progesteron for 5 days. I feel realy bloated today not sure if this is a side effect from the estrogen pill or aditional delestrogen that im in.
Update from me:: yes my lining yesterday was at 8.09mm im schedule for transfer for the 3rd of January. I have a date.
I m a little confused. Would i havr to continue the same dose of estrace for the entire 12 weeks. I thought they would have lower my dose when i start progesteron but thats nit the case. I was precribed a tone more.
It becoming vrry hard to keep track and a schedule of time to take them. I will now start we 2 200mg of progesteron on the am and 2 200mg at night 800mg total. Not looking forward. I think i would have prefer half and half in the oil. Lol will see how it goes.
mglupe1979
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby BuffaloMaple » Sat Dec 30, 2017 12:41 pm

Geeky, I’m so happy for you!!! 8 good blasts is excellent. How are you feeling now? Do you have a plan in place for FET?

Mglupe, that’s wonderful your lining thickened and you’re on track for transfer. So exciting! I can’t wait to hear how it goes.

Sunshine, how did your ultrasound go? Are you having symptoms yet? I hope you’re well!

Bellami, so glad your surgery is done and big broid is gone. How did it go telling your family about IVF? Good I hope.

Christmas has been a whirlwind so it’s been hard to find time to write on the board, but I’ve been following your stories and think of you all often! I’m still pregnant as far as I know lol. No major symptoms, just some very very mild nausea and fatigue. My first ultrasound is Jan 11!
Me 36, DH 34
TTC #1 since Sept 2015
Me - all good except uterine polyp removed
DH - low count < 10mil
IUI #1-5 BFN, IUI #6 cancelled
IVF #1 with ICSI/PGS, begin stims 9/24/2017
10/6 ER: 15 eggs, 11 mature, 10 fertilized via ICSI
10/12 Day 6 Report: All 10 survived/biopsied/frozen!!
10/16 PGS Results: 7 PGS normals! 6 girls, 1 boy
12/9 FET #1 BFP
BuffaloMaple
BabyDuster
BabyDuster

Postby Bellami11 » Sat Dec 30, 2017 4:51 pm

Hey Buffalo!! I'm so glad things are going well!! I can't wait to hear about your ultrasound!! So exciting!!!
I hope everyone is doing good!! The holidays have been such a whirlwind!! Looking forward to updates from you guys!
So I'm feeling much better now! I have my follow up on the 5th, and will find out then when exactly we can proceed and get my results from pathology (although I assume they would have called if something was wrong) Christmas was great!! Hubs wrote this great card to the family saying something along the lines of "in lieu of Xmas gifts a donation has been made to our off fund, and thanks to your generous donations our goal has been reached and the journey begins January 2018" lol he included this note written left handed and addressed to our 2 nieces (one is 11 and the other just 6 months old) saying that their Reign is almost over and enjoy it's while it last muahahahaha!" And signed it "love, B" so hubs gave it to his mom as we all sat down to open gifts, she starts reading, and starts getting choked up and hands the card to my 11 year old niece to read aloud... such a great moment!! We were all teary eyed, my sister in laws all screamed, lots of hugs.... it was so nice to feel their support and excitement, and to finally be able to let them in to our struggles... anyway! Such a great night!! I hope u all had nice holidays! Did any of our preggos tell family? I hope u guys are doing good!! <3
TTC 10 Years...
Severe Male Factor
Starting stims 3/23!!
Bellami11
BabyDuster
BabyDuster

Postby Bellami11 » Sun Dec 31, 2017 5:37 pm

I just wanted to wish you all a happy New Year and tons of babydust for 2018!!! <3
TTC 10 Years...
Severe Male Factor
Starting stims 3/23!!
Bellami11
BabyDuster
BabyDuster

Postby mglupe1979 » Mon Jan 01, 2018 4:16 am

Happy New year!! Its our year to receive our precious babies.
mglupe1979
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby sunshinepgh84 » Tue Jan 02, 2018 7:40 am

Happy New Year ladies! Glad to hear you’re all well!

Buffalo- that’s great! Good luck. Keep us posted.

Bella- glad you’re feeling better!

AFM: Still pregnant! I had a 5w3d ultrasound and saw 1 perfect gestational sac with a perfect yolk sac measuring 5w5d AND one smaller gestational sac with maybe a yolk sac measuring 5w2d, so both embryos implanted! We will find out for sure if it’s twins when we go back at 8 weeks to hopefully see heartbeats. I’ll keep you posted! I’m having mild symptoms- tired, bloating, backache, thirst, no nausea yet but some gagging hear and there.
TTC #1 since December 2015
Me (33) DH (34)
Normal HSG for me, normal SA for him
March/April/May 2017: Clomid BFN
June 2017: IUI Testing Cycle - Diminished Ovarian Reserve
August/September/October 2017: Clomid + IUI - BFN
December IVF - BFP
Beta #1 - 135, Beta #2 - 227
sunshinepgh84
BabyDuster
BabyDuster

Postby geeky_gab » Tue Jan 02, 2018 10:36 am

Good morning ladies!

Happy New Year!!

Bella, I can't wait to hear from your follow-up on the 5th. We might not be so far from each other, transfer-wise, finally!
Sunshine, such good news!! All my positive thoughts for your second u/s :) keep us posted!
Buffalo, I am glad to hear from you! I hope, with all my heart, that your u/s goes well on the 11th! :)
mglupe, how are you doing? I can't wait to hear from you and I hope all goes well!

AFM Back to work after a two week break, I am ready to start off 2018! I haven't lost all the weight back but I suspect the Holiday food and wine were not helping... ;)

I am relieved that we have our blasts and I can't wait for our follow-up on the 9th. Hopefully, I can start medications right away and have my transfer in February. I would be so happy!! I should know better than get ahead of myself but I want to continue hoping for things to move along. I will be going back to eating healthy, doing stretches and pilates, no alcohol, no more than one coffee per day and TRYING to relax. And hopefully, as mglupe said : this will be our year!!!
FET Feb 2018 BFN
Hoping for April FET
geeky_gab
TTC Princess
TTC Princess

PreviousNext

Return to IVF