November/December retrieval or transfer

Is in vitro fertilization helping you achieve your dream of parenthood? Discuss IVF, FET, donor egg and surrogacy here!

Moderators: JessM, southernbelle, maddy, unaffected

Re: November/December retrieval or transfer

Postby BethH » Tue Jan 02, 2018 1:15 pm

sunshinepgh84 wrote:Happy New Year ladies! Glad to hear you’re all well!

Buffalo- that’s great! Good luck. Keep us posted.

Bella- glad you’re feeling better!

AFM: Still pregnant! I had a 5w3d ultrasound and saw 1 perfect gestational sac with a perfect yolk sac measuring 5w5d AND one smaller gestational sac with maybe a yolk sac measuring 5w2d, so both embryos implanted! We will find out for sure if it’s twins when we go back at 8 weeks to hopefully see heartbeats. I’ll keep you posted! I’m having mild symptoms- tired, bloating, backache, thirst, no nausea yet but some gagging hear and there.

Hi sunshine! I'm sorry, I was creeping a bit to see how your ultrasound went. I am so excited for you :)
TTC #1 since January 2016!
Me (29): probable diminished ovarian reserve
DH (30): slightly low morphology
IVF#1 micro dose lupron Sep/Oct 2017 - pregnant!

My Ovulation Chart

BethH
TTC Diva
TTC Diva

Postby mglupe1979 » Tue Jan 02, 2018 2:02 pm

Hi ladies, ufff im extited that tomorrow is my transfer day. Praying to God that both embies defrost and are ready to implant in there new home. Im nervous i can feel it on my stomach. Dont know how to relax grrr doc give me some relaxers to take from tomorrow but i really wanted to stay away from any addition medication beside the antibiotic and some thing else i have to start taken from tonight. Ufff never thought that this process of having a baby was going to be nerve wracking lol i feel more nervous now than on my wedding day.
I will keep you all posted on my transfer. Thank you ladies for your support. Let our 2018 journey begin.
mglupe1979
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby sunshinepgh84 » Tue Jan 02, 2018 3:25 pm

Hi Beth!!! Hope all is well with you and your babe!!
TTC #1 since December 2015
Me (33) DH (34)
Normal HSG for me, normal SA for him
March/April/May 2017: Clomid BFN
June 2017: IUI Testing Cycle - Diminished Ovarian Reserve
August/September/October 2017: Clomid + IUI - BFN
December IVF - BFP
Beta #1 - 135, Beta #2 - 227
sunshinepgh84
BabyDuster
BabyDuster

Postby BethH » Wed Jan 03, 2018 2:15 pm

sunshinepgh84 wrote:Hi Beth!!! Hope all is well with you and your babe!!

We have an OB appt and hopefully an ultrasound this week so hoping to see a nice healthy little one
TTC #1 since January 2016!
Me (29): probable diminished ovarian reserve
DH (30): slightly low morphology
IVF#1 micro dose lupron Sep/Oct 2017 - pregnant!

My Ovulation Chart

BethH
TTC Diva
TTC Diva

Postby mglupe1979 » Wed Jan 03, 2018 6:50 pm

My transfer went smoothly now is the waithing game.
mglupe1979
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby BuffaloMaple » Thu Jan 04, 2018 3:58 pm

Bellami, your IVF reveal sounds like a wonderful moment with your family and I’m so glad you have their support. Keep us posted on your follow up tomorrow.

Sunshine, omg twins!! That is so exciting. You are so lucky to have seen them on ultrasound already. The wait for my first one is killing me! That’s great you just have mild symptoms so far too. Eeeek I can’t wait to hear about your 8 week ultrasound now!

Geeky, only a few more days until your follow up! I hope you get good news and can start your meds right away. I’m so excited for you!

Mglupe, congrats on your transfer! How are you feeling? When do you plan on testing and will your doctor do a beta at some point? Sending good positive vibes your way!
Me 36, DH 34
TTC #1 since Sept 2015
Me - all good except uterine polyp removed
DH - low count < 10mil
IUI #1-5 BFN, IUI #6 cancelled
IVF #1 with ICSI/PGS, begin stims 9/24/2017
10/6 ER: 15 eggs, 11 mature, 10 fertilized via ICSI
10/12 Day 6 Report: All 10 survived/biopsied/frozen!!
10/16 PGS Results: 7 PGS normals! 6 girls, 1 boy
12/9 FET #1 BFP
BuffaloMaple
BabyDuster
BabyDuster

Postby geeky_gab » Sat Jan 06, 2018 9:50 am

Good morning to all! I hope you are well!

Bella, how did your follow-up go? Good news I hope!
TTC since Dec. 2014 - "unexplained infertility"
Me : 36
DH : 37
IUI #1 - #7 May 2016 - October 2017 BFN
Laparoscopy May 29th 2017, fibroid removed, cyst on fallopian tube removed, stage 1 endo removed.
IVF Antagonist protocol, retrival Dec. 2017
FET Feb 2018 BFN
Hoping for April FET
geeky_gab
TTC Princess
TTC Princess

Postby mglupe1979 » Sat Jan 06, 2018 11:24 am

Hi ladies, hows is everyone doing?
Im 3 days post transfer and going crazy. Thank for some relaxer that i was prescribe im staying in saen. Lol. I had a quick follow up yesterday on my estradiol and progesteron and my estradiol was over 1200 and the progesteron 38. This is the work of 8mg of extrace daily with one shot twice a week of delestradiol and 800mg of progesteron with .5 in oil. Ufff trying to keep track of the time to take them is a challenge.
I hope everyone else is doing good. Question when is a good day to start testing. I want to be able to catch the beginning of my bfp there is no way i will wait until the 17th to fine out. I will go crazy. When did i ladies started seeing some sign. It will be greatly appreciate.
mglupe1979
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby Unina » Sat Jan 06, 2018 4:41 pm

Happy New Year ladies. Sorry I have been MIA. Not sure when I last wrote but before I update you, let me first say a massive congratulations to all the BFP on the thread to those waiting for their transfer, keep going and those in their 2ww keep strong. Now for the update, I hope I can jump back on.....

I had my collection on the 2nd Dec and retrieval on the 7th. I didn't have as many eggs as I had hoped, 4 of which 3 fertilised, 2 were put back in and 1 good enough to freeze. We were very lucky now looking back in hindsight. Unfortunately I started bleeding on d5p5dt. The bleeding got progressively worse and felt like my period. I was happy to bleed initially as it started with spotting and I was convinced it was implantation bleeding. I held out and didn't test until otd which was on the 17th. I was too scared to test really as I still could hang on to hope until I tested. Well the plan was to do HPT in the morning before I went for the blood test. I took one cheap test which was BFN and then took a digital which was Not Pregnant. I let my consultant know and she said not to go for the blood test. So that was it. It was over and we were devasted. I cried, really cried. I felt cheated and scared - my consultant had said I should consider a THIRD myomectomy or surrogate due to having 3 fibroids despite the fact that I had a 2nd myomectomy in Feb 2017, if the frozen didn't work. I just felt if 2 fresh didn't work, how is one frozen going to work. Think I cried for days. My partner had gone back to the UK (doing my cycle in South Africa).

The plan was to go right into the FET as my time here is limited. So I started taking Femara for 5 days just before Christmas and I triggered on the 27th with ovitrelle with transfer scheduled for the 3rd Jan. So I focussed on having a nice Christmas and new year with the family, I have a sister who lives here and my mum and brother came for Xmas. It was a lovely time. My sister forced me to go on safari for a few days which was amazing. I say forced because I really didnt want to go but in the end I had a good time.

So on the 3rd January, day of transfer, things didn't go according to plan at all. The embryo was defrosted and then after several hours of waiting it was decided the optimal condition would be next day. I was quite anxious but rationalised it and put my trust in my consultant who has become more like a friend - got her on what's app and in constant communication with her. I just put my faith out there and thought every happens for a reason. I hadn't started that day out on the best track so maybe starting again tomorrow isn't so bad.

So the transfer was done on the 4th. My lining was good and the consultant was pleased. She could also see clearer in the scan than she could during the previous transfer. So my last embryo is snuggle inside my and I am hoping this is my miracle baby because I hate to think of what options we have after this.

In terms of symptoms I don't really feel much. Not like last time do I am hoping that's a good sign but it could just be because this is FET with less hormones inside me. I feel small twinges in y stomach, I am sweating more (soaking pillow slightly) and I have a cold sore on my top lip that came out of nowhere, usually I feel a tingle - I get one aprox. Once a year.

Wishing us all baby dust and a 2018 that surpasses all our expectations. I will keep in touch regularly this time.
Unina
Friend

Postby Unina » Sat Jan 06, 2018 4:52 pm

mglupe1979 wrote:My transfer went smoothly now is the waithing game.

We are waiting together. You are one day ahead of me. This time round I am testing before otd as I need to change my ticket. Whether it's BFP/N I will need to change, it just depends on how long for? I am planning on testing on Tuesday. Just need to pass through Monday, day 5 without bleeding like last time.

Are you going to test early or wait for otd?
Unina
Friend

Postby mglupe1979 » Sat Jan 06, 2018 7:23 pm

That is great new unina. Its is nice to have some very close. One day difference. Do you know if they also assited on the hatching of your blast? I was told they did in my. I was debating as to when to test maybe tomorrow 4dp5dt i know its not that possible i will see something that early but at least i will not be afraid to test and see nada lol. I know that once i start im not stopping jijiji i just found and old pack of test that are not expire from amazon. I think i have these for a while. This journey has been long 3 years it time for me to see a bfp. That i have not seen before. I wanna which you good luck, lots of baby dust to you too. 2018 is our year.
mglupe1979
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby Unina » Sun Jan 07, 2018 3:21 am

Mglupe it's great to have a 2ww buddy. I didn't have assisted hatching. I know what you mean about wanting to test but first things first is to not bleed for me tomorrow. I started bleeding at 5pm day 5. Lt m know how you are getting on. Fingers crossed for us both. Xxx
Unina
Friend

Postby mglupe1979 » Sun Jan 07, 2018 4:00 am

Are u on progesteron? My understanding is that that keep your lining from shading. Im currently in 800mg vaginal and .5 in oil injectable.
Ufff my bobbies are killing me this am. 4dp5dt. Am negative and i tested with the chippies from amazon supposedly 10iu
mglupe1979
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby Unina » Sun Jan 07, 2018 7:08 am

@mglupe yes I am on progesterone. Have been in them since the 29th. I am using Crinone 8% vaginal gel. My boobs are slightly achy not much. Had quite a bit of lower back pain today. Couldn't stand up after walking around for a bit.

It's still too early to test so try not to worry. I count this as day 4 for me as well as I had the transfer at 9am on the 4th.

Are you doing any thing during this time nutrition wise etc. I am eating pineapple core, Brazil nuts, gluten and sugar free (since transfer only, not sure how long I will carry on for) and I bought some pomegranate juice today. This time round I didn't do Accupuncture before and after transfer, it's not like it worked for me last time do I didn't bother. Drinking 3 litres of water a day. I have a litre bottle I fill up so I just drink 3 of those a day.

My consultant put me on medication - CoQ10, vitamin D, melatonin and Insu Max Q for glucose metabolism. I think all of this is to help with egg quality so I am nit sure what impact it will have on this transfe. Also taking Pregnacare Plus vitamins.
Unina
Friend

Postby mglupe1979 » Sun Jan 07, 2018 8:32 am

Prior to egg retrival i started coq10 600 to 800 a day maca twice A day, prenatal, royal jelly now once a day, drea once a day. I think im just finishing everthing i had lol

I did do accuputure leading to the transfer day. On the day of transfer they add the electric wave which i think it help bust my lining. It was at 8.4mm on transfer day and in my follow up post transfer it was 9.4mm which i was shock.
Im on the unexplained infertility we first thought it was my egg quality but they retrive 7 egg all fertilized and 5 reach to blast grade AA one AB so we dont know what could be my reason. Its all a mystery. Im praying to god to please please bless me with my baby on this round dont know how to continue.
mglupe1979
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

PreviousNext

Return to IVF