November/December retrieval or transfer

Is in vitro fertilization helping you achieve your dream of parenthood? Discuss IVF, FET, donor egg and surrogacy here!

Moderators: unaffected, JessM, southernbelle, maddy

Re: November/December retrieval or transfer

Postby BuffaloMaple » Tue Nov 21, 2017 5:03 pm

Oh Bb I’m sorry to hear about your side effects! That sounds miserable. :( Fx your body adjusts quickly. How long do you have to take Estrace?

Aasnyder, Woohoo!!! Did you test again today?
Me 36, DH 34
TTC #1 since Sept 2015
Me - all good except small uterine polyp removed
DH - low count < 10mil
IUI #1-5 BFN, IUI #6 cancelled
IVF #1 with ICSI/PGS, begin stims 9/24/2017
10/6 ER: 15 eggs, 11 mature, 10 fertilized via ICSI
10/12 Day 6 Report: All 10 survived/biopsied/frozen!!
10/16 PGS Results: 7 PGS normals!! 6 girls, 1 boy
Grading: 3 hatching AB Good, 1 hatching BB Good, 3 hatching BC Fair
12/9 FET #1 ...waiting
BuffaloMaple

Postby Bellami11 » Wed Nov 22, 2017 10:19 am

Hey Ladies!!
I hope everyone is doing well!! With Thanksgiving tomorrow and finally finishing my midterms for school I feel like I can breathe a little bit Lol! So my cycle started on 19th, hubs had his semen analysis on the 20th, and I had my day 3 bloods and ultrasound done! So I guess I will start with hubs first, they did an analysis and they are freezing it as well I case we need it. They said they got 4 files and about 20,000 sperm in each, they gave him a total count of 150,000, which in theory is horrible but his test 2 years ago was a total count of only 14,000, so maybe the fertilaid is helping!! Lol we took it as a good thing! She said 67 percent were motile, so we are taking that as a good sign too! I think... Lol I'm not sure I understand all of this... she said they have to send the sperm out for morphology but they are frozen! When he left to go give his sample, I told him to make good babies Lmao! As for me... I don't know how I didn't guess that the ultrasound would be transvaginal but lol I didnt... the nurse was like "ok undress from the waste down and no tampon, I will be back" my dumbfounded response "but I'm bleeding... like bad..." Lmao! She was like yes, day 3, we know.. Duh!! forehead slap moment lmao!! Anyway, she said she counted 6 follicles on one ovary, and 4 on the ovary that I had a tumor on, so a total of ten. She said that was in the normal range... is it?? I'm turning 39 on Sunday spook what's normal? I even tried Google, but every page gave a different answer *sigh* So I'm still waiting on bloodwork results, but my hysteroscopy is scheduled for Tuesday, and they are going to do it in office with me awake... eek! She said if they find anything then they will reschedule and do it at the surgical center under anasthesia... anyway that all I have for now!
How is everyone else??? Any updates?
And Happy Thanksgiving to those who celebrate
TTC 10 Years...
Me 39 just turned! :rofl: DH 37
Severe Male Factor
Getting ready to do our first IVF w/ICSI and PGS
Going through lots of testing right now and just found a large fibroid that needs to be removed
Cycle delayed because of it.
Surgery to remove fibroid scheduled for 12/19
fx-ing for Jan/Feb retrieval and transfer 8) 8) 8)
Bellami11

Postby geeky_gab » Thu Nov 23, 2017 10:24 am

Good morning everyone!
Wow Bellami, I hear you when you say you want to look up all info to see what's normal. It is so hard to deal with the intensity and the unknown...
Bb, I hope the hormones settle in and give you a break!
Buffalo, hope everything goes smoothly until your FET
Sunshine, fx all goes well, keep us posted!

AFM, day 2 of Estrace. Nothing much to declare... I guess I will be feeling even more bloated than I do now.. I have to keep it up until AF, then call the clinic, then they'll tell me when to start the stims. They do all of that over the phone! I mean, I appreciate that I don't have to be stuck in traffic to go there and all, but it feels intimidating. I have a big box (freezer pack) for the Gonal F, boxes of Menopur, the antagonist and the trigger shot, caplets of ativan for the retrieval day etc. I am an organized person, I am sure I will figure it out, it just seems that the clinic doesn't really care... or that's just me being sensitive with all the meds! lol

I hope all of you are well, and wishing a nice long weekend to the american members :)
TTC since Dec. 2014 - "unexplained infertility"
Me : 36
DH : 37
IUI #1 (Femara+Ovidrel) : May 23rd 2016 BFN
IUI #2 (Femara+Ovidrel) : September 14th 2016 BFN
IUI #3 (Femara+Ovidrel) : October 11th 2016 BFN
IUI # 4 (Clomid+Ovidrel) : November 8th BFN
Laparoscopy May 29th, fibroid removed, cyst on fallopian tube removed, stage 1 endo removed.
IUI #5 (Femara+Ovidrel) August 20th BFN
IUI #6 (Femara+Menopur+Ovidrel) September 15th BFN
IUI #7 (Femara+Menopur+Ovidrel) October BFN
On to IVF! Hoping to start stims in December.
geeky_gab
TTC Princess
TTC Princess

Postby Unina » Fri Nov 24, 2017 6:35 am

Hi everyone. Hope i can jump unto this thread at this stage, it sounds like we are all quite synced up. Started my first IVF on 19/11/17 so I am on day 6 today. We chose to do the treatment abroad in South Africa as I have a sister who lives here, I have been seeing the gynaecologist on and off since last year and besides it's cheaper than in the UK. We are self funded so it helps

My gynaecologist is concerned about the number of fibroids post myomectomy and space for the placenta to grow but we will see what happens. In addition to the fact that I had a chemical pregnancy last month. She was also concerned about overstimulation due to PCOS and put me on an average dosage. Today she upped the pen dosage from 200 to 250.

Today's US showed 9 follicles on the left (1 dominant (14mm) and 8 small) and 3 on the right (all small). She is hoping to "recruit" more (could see 3 more on the right that could be recruited) by increasing my dosage. I am also to start the full dosage of cetrotide tomorrow due to the one dominant one. My lining is type 1 but it is still early days yet.

My partner had a sperm analysis in the UK back in July which concluded he has a "reduced sperm count and borderline normal forms. May need to consider ICSI". He comes to South Africa next week when his analysis will be redone. Thankfully ICSI and IVF are the same costs in SA (still not convinced I heard right as in the U.K, it's approx an additional 3k).

Baby dust to all and hope to hear your news as the days and weeks progress.
Unina

Postby Bellami11 » Fri Nov 24, 2017 10:56 am

Welcome Unina!!
TTC 10 Years...
Severe Male Factor
Going through lots of testing right now and just found a large fibroid that needs to be removed
Bellami11

Postby BuffaloMaple » Mon Nov 27, 2017 6:04 pm

Unina, welcome! I hope things are moving along nicely for you.

Geeky, I understand feeling intimidated. You will get through this! When do you expect to start stims?

Bella, I’m glad Fertilaid seems to have helped your DH! It helped mine when he was on it too. And 10 total antral follicles sounds like a good start to me. I had about 14 counted and ended up with 15 eggs retrieved in the end, which is about average I think. It’s all about quality, not quantity!

AFM, I had my CD12 ultrasound today for FET. Things are not progressing on schedule. My lining was 7.5 (I’m not sure what it should be??) and my egg was only measured at 11 mm. The nurse said it should be about 20 mm for trigger. She said my cycle is probably still screwed up from my retrieval. Ugh so my transfer will be delayed a few extra days.. I go back in 3 days for another ultrasound.
Me 36, DH 34
TTC #1 since Sept 2015
Me - all good except small uterine polyp removed
DH - low count < 10mil
IUI #1-5 BFN, IUI #6 cancelled
IVF #1 with ICSI/PGS, begin stims 9/24/2017
10/6 ER: 15 eggs, 11 mature, 10 fertilized via ICSI
10/12 Day 6 Report: All 10 survived/biopsied/frozen!!
10/16 PGS Results: 7 PGS normals!! 6 girls, 1 boy
Grading: 3 hatching AB Good, 1 hatching BB Good, 3 hatching BC Fair
12/9 FET #1 ...waiting
BuffaloMaple

Postby Bellami11 » Tue Nov 28, 2017 1:54 pm

Hey Everyone.... I'm following so closely on all of your stories!! Irony here for me is I started this thread and called it November/December retrieval and lol im the one falling out.... Need a vent moment, had a tough day. I had my Hysteroscopy done today, the doctor found a fibroid that he said is "protruding in to the cavity" and needs to be removed before IVF cycle can start. He said this will require general anesthesia and the surgical center (today was in the docs office). Here is where the problem comes... This has to be done after a period but before ovulation, meaning this week because I am day 10 now. So he said maybe they can get me in on Thursday, only problem is that in my line of work, the last day of the month is an absolute MUST. I suggested Friday but he said "it will be tough to find a doctor to do surgery on a Friday".... uggghhh... but then comes the next blow, my next cycle should start on the 15th of December, I have to finish bleeding before the procedure and THEIR OFFICE CLOSES THE FINAL TWO WEEKS OF DECEMBER!!! So now, unless they can get me in Friday (still waiting on the call from the scheduler) I am looking at my January cycle for this procedure, then February meds/retrieval, and we are doing pgs, so March for transfer (insert buttloads of sad teary faces here) UGGHHHHHHHH!!! Im just sad today... I turned 39 on Sunday and every freaking cycle counts... How dumb was I to assume that we could actually start IVF so easily. Losing a little hope here.... Oh lastly he said I have a tilted uterus, lol no clue what that means but he says it wont impact a pregnancy... Off to google I go....

For now I shall stalk all of your stories and live vicariously through you:-) Good luck ladies and keep the updates coming!!! Its giving me hope!
TTC 10 Years...
Severe Male Factor
Bellami11

Postby sunshinepgh84 » Tue Nov 28, 2017 2:33 pm

I'm so sorry Bella!

For me, I put literally EVERYTHING behind this process, which was tough. Have you talked to your boss? Mine was very supportive once I told him.

What has been difficult is that I do have a second job as a cheerleading coach and I am not going to our first competition this year and so will miss one of my team's first-ever performance (I'll be watching via Facetime.) I missed the beginning of a clinic for an IUI and also a practice. My tentative retrieval is next week and my competition is on December 10th, so the chance of that being my transfer date is pretty high. Competitions are SO stressful so I needed to avoid that right now. I also chose to step down from coaching after this season, which was SO HARD. I'm sad. I love my kiddos. But nothing is more important to me than this process ending with a healthy baby. Tough decisions needs to be made.
TTC #1 since December 2015
Me (33) DH (34)
Normal HSG for me, normal SA for him
March/April/May 2017: Clomid BFN
June 2017: IUI Testing Cycle - Diminished Ovarian Reserve
August/September/October 2017: Clomid + IUI - BFN
December IVF - 10 eggs / 6 fertilized / Transferred 2 morulas on Day 5 / 1 4AB blast frozen on Day 6

sunshinepgh84
BabyDuster
BabyDuster

Postby Bellami11 » Tue Nov 28, 2017 4:07 pm

Thanks Sunshine:-)

I have talked to my boss about all of this and he is so supportive, I have always had a really strong work ethic, and never call out or miss work so he said I have his full support in whatever I need to do, the problem is that missing the last day of the month means spill-over so to speak. In other words next month and possibly the month after will be a nightmare if it is not handled correctly. So now the weight of the question is how much stress is healthy to add to the equation? Lol, Im trying to look on the bright side, my boss is supportive, hubs made me dinner and is being great :-) and this gives us time to let the fertile-aid work more magic and he has a urology appointment coming up so maybe this gives that doc more time... I suppose things happen for a reason... even if they suck lol!! I'm still crossing my fingers for a Friday appointment but trying to wrap my head around the fact that that is unlikely.... I agree that everything has to take a back seat to this, this balancing act is so tricky! I give you so much credit for making the tough choices! I just think for me, it will only hurt us in the end if I ramp up my stress at work right now. Lol hopefully I will hit the lottery one day and no work will be needed :-)

I am so excited though for all of you guys! Sheesh it seems like everyone is right on track and soon!!! Eeek! Throwing so much babydust to you all!!!! Little bean sized Christmas gifts!!! I will be stalking like crazy!! Update as much as you can!
TTC 10 Years...
Severe Male Factor
Bellami11

Postby sunshinepgh84 » Wed Nov 29, 2017 9:05 am

Hi all!

I had my first ultrasound today and I had 6 follicles measuring 11mm-13mm. My e2 was 334. I am on Day 5 of stims.
She put me on Ganirelix ASAP and every morning and also low-dose hcg at night (200 units.)

UM, the Ganirelix shot hurt like B.

Anyone else on a similar protocol? I have likely diminished ovarian reserve, so I assume that my protocol is different than people who don't!
Me (33) DH (34)
December IVF - 10 eggs / 6 fertilized / Transferred 2 morulas on Day 5 / 1 4AB blast frozen on Day 6

sunshinepgh84
BabyDuster
BabyDuster

Postby Bellami11 » Wed Nov 29, 2017 9:59 pm

Hey Everyone! Quick update for me! So while the ivf team takes off the final two weeks of December, the surgeons don't! The scheduler called me today and I'm officially in for December 19th to remove my fibroid and anything else they find!( barring my cycle starts on the 15th as expected, if not they can back date day by day up to the 22nd) lol I never thought I could be so happy about surgery:-) but that means we can hopefully keep our schedule of January retreival!! So happy right now!
@ sunshine, not sure what any of that means but hopefully I will soon!! Crossing my fingers and toes for you!!
TTC 10 Years...
Severe Male Factor
Bellami11

Postby geeky_gab » Thu Nov 30, 2017 10:52 am

Good morning everyone!
Wow, that's alot to go through in a couple of days Bellami! I'm glad to hear they will find you a spot for the surgery! Will you be having a laparoscopy? I had one in May, it went really well and I was back to my normal self in no time! They found stage 1 endo and a paratubal cyst in addition to the 8 cm fibroid they were going for so they cleared all of that up too. Spring cleaning, as my DH said! :rofl:
Buffalo, I am still waiting for AF (which should be due tomorrow). As much as the stims scare me a bit, I am anxious to start!
Sunshine, I do not know the Ganirelix, is it the antagonist to keep you from O'ing on your own?
Unina, have you gone through your transfer yet?

It is sooo hard to concentrate on work and to stay focused. Good thing I stopped the cafeine though, it really seems to keep my anxiety in check. And I have you ladies to share the journey! Yay!
TTC since Dec. 2014 - "unexplained infertility"
Me : 36
DH : 37
IUI #1 (Femara+Ovidrel) : May 23rd 2016 BFN
IUI #2 (Femara+Ovidrel) : September 14th 2016 BFN
IUI #3 (Femara+Ovidrel) : October 11th 2016 BFN
IUI # 4 (Clomid+Ovidrel) : November 8th BFN
Laparoscopy May 29th, fibroid removed, cyst on fallopian tube removed, stage 1 endo removed.
IUI #5 (Femara+Ovidrel) August 20th BFN
IUI #6 (Femara+Menopur+Ovidrel) September 15th BFN
IUI #7 (Femara+Menopur+Ovidrel) October BFN
On to IVF! Hoping to start stims in December.
geeky_gab
TTC Princess
TTC Princess

Postby Unina » Thu Nov 30, 2017 1:07 pm

sunshinepgh84 wrote:Hi all!

I had my first ultrasound today and I had 6 follicles measuring 11mm-13mm. My e2 was 334. I am on Day 5 of stims.
She put me on Ganirelix ASAP and every morning and also low-dose hcg at night (200 units.)

UM, the Ganirelix shot hurt like B.

Anyone else on a similar protocol? I have likely diminished ovarian reserve, so I assume that my protocol is different than people who don't!

Hi Sunshine, my e2 was 994 on day 6 and my gonal f was increased from 200 to 300. I only had one dominant follicle on the same day. I started cetrotide the next day. Tested again on day 10 after dose increase and had 6 dominant and e2 increased to nearly 5000. Scanned today on day 12 and I have 10 dominant. Triggered tonight and will collect on Saturday morning. I am grateful as it's a long way from day 6 but I know it is still a long was to go. Hope that helps.
Unina

Postby Unina » Thu Nov 30, 2017 1:09 pm

Bellami11 wrote:Hey Everyone! Quick update for me! So while the ivf team takes off the final two weeks of December, the surgeons don't! The scheduler called me today and I'm officially in for December 19th to remove my fibroid and anything else they find!( barring my cycle starts on the 15th as expected, if not they can back date day by day up to the 22nd) lol I never thought I could be so happy about surgery:-) but that means we can hopefully keep our schedule of January retreival!! So happy right now!
@ sunshine, not sure what any of that means but hopefully I will soon!! Crossing my fingers and toes for you!!

Bellami that is awesome news. So happy for you! Keeping everything crossed for you and all ladies on here.
Unina

Postby sunshinepgh84 » Thu Nov 30, 2017 1:30 pm

geeky_gab wrote:Good morning everyone!
Wow, that's alot to go through in a couple of days Bellami! I'm glad to hear they will find you a spot for the surgery! Will you be having a laparoscopy? I had one in May, it went really well and I was back to my normal self in no time! They found stage 1 endo and a paratubal cyst in addition to the 8 cm fibroid they were going for so they cleared all of that up too. Spring cleaning, as my DH said! :rofl:
Buffalo, I am still waiting for AF (which should be due tomorrow). As much as the stims scare me a bit, I am anxious to start!
Sunshine, I do not know the Ganirelix, is it the antagonist to keep you from O'ing on your own?
Unina, have you gone through your transfer yet?

It is sooo hard to concentrate on work and to stay focused. Good thing I stopped the cafeine though, it really seems to keep my anxiety in check. And I have you ladies to share the journey! Yay!

Geeky- Yes! That's what it's meant to do.

I don't go back again until Saturday for more b/w and an u/s. Hopefully I can get a better idea of when I would trigger after that appointment. My abdomen feels so full and bloated.
Me (33) DH (34)

sunshinepgh84
BabyDuster
BabyDuster

PreviousNext

Return to IVF