November/December retrieval or transfer

Is in vitro fertilization helping you achieve your dream of parenthood? Discuss IVF, FET, donor egg and surrogacy here!

Moderators: unaffected, JessM, southernbelle, maddy

Re: November/December retrieval or transfer

Postby BuffaloMaple » Thu Nov 30, 2017 3:19 pm

Bella- wow, what a crazy couple days you’ve had! That’s such good news you can have your surgery in December and hopefully still do your retrieval in January!! I’m so happy for you. I know how frustrating unexpected delays can be. Happy belated birthday to you too :)

Sunshine- wonderful you had your first u/s! I know for me that was a great feeling to get feedback and know things were working. The bloating is annoying, but one good thing I noticed personally was that the more I bloated the less I could feel the injections. So maybe your Ganirelix will hurt a little less in a few days?! Good luck on Saturday and keep us posted!

Unina- congrats on reaching trigger!! Fx for a smooth retrieval and healthy eggs on Saturday!

Bb, Hmorg, Aasnyder- any updates? Hey geeky, hope you’re doing good :)

AFM, I had another ultrasound today. My follicle only grew from 11.5 to 11.8mm since Monday. This is not good news. I go back on Sunday for another ultrasound, and if it hasn’t grown to at least 14mm my FET will be cancelled. I’m pretty upset and stressed today. I thought a natural FET would be easy, but my body is not cooperating! My nurse said it could take up to 3 cycles after retrieval for ovulation to go back to normal. Every extra week and month is soooo excruciating! I know you can all relate.
Me 36, DH 34
TTC #1 since Sept 2015
Me - all good except small uterine polyp removed
DH - low count < 10mil
IUI #1-5 BFN, IUI #6 cancelled
IVF #1 with ICSI/PGS, begin stims 9/24/2017
10/6 ER: 15 eggs, 11 mature, 10 fertilized via ICSI
10/12 Day 6 Report: All 10 survived/biopsied/frozen!!
10/16 PGS Results: 7 PGS normals!! 6 girls, 1 boy
Grading: 3 hatching AB Good, 1 hatching BB Good, 3 hatching BC Fair
12/9 FET #1 ...waiting
BuffaloMaple
BabyDuster
BabyDuster

Postby sunshinepgh84 » Fri Dec 01, 2017 11:09 am

Sorry to hear that Buffalo! I know, in this journey especially, that every passing day without a positive pregnancy test is a LIFETIME. But you got through it up until this point and you will again :) Best of luck!

AFM: I'm on Day 7 of stims and today I can really feel my ovaries. It's not painful, just aware. I have a balance ball chair at work and had to switch back to my desk chair. I hope this is a good sign. I have my second ultrasound tomorrow morning, so hopefully my follicles have grown and they can give me an idea of when I might trigger.
TTC #1 since December 2015
Me (33) DH (34)
Normal HSG for me, normal SA for him
March/April/May 2017: Clomid BFN
June 2017: IUI Testing Cycle - Diminished Ovarian Reserve
August/September/October 2017: Clomid + IUI - BFN
December IVF - 10 eggs / 6 fertilized / Transferred 2 morulas on Day 5 / 1 4AB blast frozen on Day 6

sunshinepgh84
BabyDuster
BabyDuster

Postby sunshinepgh84 » Sat Dec 02, 2017 11:29 am

Hi everyone!

Had my second u/s today. I have 8 follies. 4 measure 16mm, 3 measure 15mm and 1 is 13mm. My lining is 10.99 and my e2 is 1499.

I go back again tomorrow for another round of testing. Hoping they will tell me if I can trigger soon! Seems I’m getting there, so that’s good! My doc said at the beginning of my protocol that she was hoping to get between 6-10 eggs so I feel like that’s still a realistic number. I would be happy with that!
Me (33) DH (34)
December IVF - 10 eggs / 6 fertilized / Transferred 2 morulas on Day 5 / 1 4AB blast frozen on Day 6

sunshinepgh84
BabyDuster
BabyDuster

Postby geeky_gab » Sun Dec 03, 2017 6:20 am

Good morning to all!

Buffalo, I am thinking of you today, hope you get better news from your u/s today.
Sunshine, all seems to be going well! Fx for the retrieval, do you know when it will be?

AFM : AF is late by 5 full days. The stress is not helping since I fear all of the procedure will be happening over the break.. I know I need to calm down since the stress might be delaying AF but I don't know how.. :( I'm trying to keep busy, do light physical activity, plan nice meals but it doesn't appear to be helping!
TTC since Dec. 2014 - "unexplained infertility"
Me : 36
DH : 37
IUI #1 (Femara+Ovidrel) : May 23rd 2016 BFN
IUI #2 (Femara+Ovidrel) : September 14th 2016 BFN
IUI #3 (Femara+Ovidrel) : October 11th 2016 BFN
IUI # 4 (Clomid+Ovidrel) : November 8th BFN
Laparoscopy May 29th, fibroid removed, cyst on fallopian tube removed, stage 1 endo removed.
IUI #5 (Femara+Ovidrel) August 20th BFN
IUI #6 (Femara+Menopur+Ovidrel) September 15th BFN
IUI #7 (Femara+Menopur+Ovidrel) October BFN
On to IVF! Hoping to start stims in December.
geeky_gab
TTC Princess
TTC Princess

Postby BuffaloMaple » Mon Dec 04, 2017 9:51 am

Thanks sunshine and geeky!

Sunshine, your progress sounds great!! Sounds like you will be triggering soon? How did your appointment go on Sunday? This is so exciting!

Geeky, I’m sorry your cycle is late. I’m sure that’s super frustrating. Are you still on Estrace and could that be affecting your timing?

AFM, I had another ultrasound and bloodwork yesterday. Amazingly my follicle grew 7mm in 3 days! My lining was 12mm and progesterone looked good. I was instructed to trigger yesterday afternoon and my transfer is scheduled for Saturday! Today I start Endometrium twice a day for progesterone support. It’s a suppository - eek! I don’t use tampons so the thought of inserting the pill and applicator is freaking me out. Enough procrastinating, I better go do it. :|
Me 36, DH 34
TTC #1 since Sept 2015
DH - low count < 10mil
12/9 FET #1 ...waiting
BuffaloMaple
BabyDuster
BabyDuster

Postby sunshinepgh84 » Mon Dec 04, 2017 10:15 am

Buffalo- I triggered last night too! My retrieval is tomorrow. And then hopefully my transfer is 5 days after that, so Sunday :)

At my U/S on Sunday I had 7 follies that were 17-19mm and 1 that was 15mm and 1 that was 12mm. My lining was 10 and my E2 was over 2000, so all right in line for retrieval.

That trigger shot is some stress though! I was on Pregnyl and I had to mix it. I was convinced I did it wrong, but I took an HcG test this morning and it was positive so I know it's in there doing something lol.
Me (33) DH (34)

sunshinepgh84
BabyDuster
BabyDuster

Postby Bellami11 » Mon Dec 04, 2017 3:29 pm

Hi Ladies! :D
Wow Buffalo and Sunshine I am so excited for you guys!! So close!! EEEK!! :yay: Keep us updated! You guys must be so excited!
Geeky Im sorry AF is delayed, try to take it as easy as possible and not stress, lol I know that is easier said than done! I :angry: know its super frustrating just waiting to start, hang in there! As for my fibroid, otherwise known as baby broid (they gave me the ultrasound pics of it, so we hung it on the fridge and lol named it our special baby... broid :rofl: ) Its 9cm and the Doc said he can do it similar to the hysteroscopy but will require general anesthesia (umm thank god, cause the little biopsy they took hurt like hell lol!) He said I will need to be out of work for about 3-4 days barring any complications and that that is all they find. Sooooo here I sit :jump: waiting on my biopsy results and just counting down the days to surgery so that maybe we can get this show on the road :fingersx: lol! Oh! they also said my AMH test came back 2.8 and the nurse said that is good, but I have no idea what that test is for so if anyone knows and wants to spare me the googlefit please feel free! :mrgreen:
Unina- any updates for you? I hope everything is going well!!
:wave: Cheering for all of you guys! :babydustb: :babydustg:
TTC 10 Years...
Me 39 just turned! :rofl: DH 37
Severe Male Factor
Getting ready to do our first IVF w/ICSI and PGS
Going through lots of testing right now and just found a large fibroid that needs to be removed
Cycle delayed because of it.
Surgery to remove fibroid scheduled for 12/19
fx-ing for Jan/Feb retrieval and transfer 8) 8) 8)
Bellami11

Postby sunshinepgh84 » Mon Dec 04, 2017 4:03 pm

Hi Bella!

Thanks! Nervous excited!

AMH tests your ovarian reserve. 2.8 is great! Mine is under 1 for reference (not so great!)
Me (33) DH (34)

sunshinepgh84
BabyDuster
BabyDuster

Postby BuffaloMaple » Tue Dec 05, 2017 11:55 am

Oh sunshine yay!!! How did your retrieval go?! How are you feeling today? I’ll be thinking of you and hoping for a speedy recovery! I think it took me about 4 or 5 days to feel back to myself after retrieval so hang in there.

Bella.. baby broid.. lol! I’m sure you’re itching to get him out. As for AMH I’ve always been confused about that myself so I’m no help. My RE said mine was good, but dr google told me it was wayyy too high.

I’m such an over thinker. My transfer was scheduled for Saturday, but I feel like it should be Sunday? I felt myself ovulate at about 1:00 this morning. So if I’m doing a 5 day transfer shouldn’t that be Sunday? Plus sunshine and I triggered on the same day and hers is Sunday. I wonder how crucial the timing is? There’s always something to stress over. And my Endometrium suppositories are so gross!! DH is not going to be allowed anywhere near me for 10 weeks lol.

Bb, did you transfer? Geeky, any sign of AF yet? Hope all is well!
Me 36, DH 34
TTC #1 since Sept 2015
DH - low count < 10mil
12/9 FET #1 ...waiting
BuffaloMaple
BabyDuster
BabyDuster

Postby geeky_gab » Wed Dec 06, 2017 10:30 am

Hi ladies!
Buffalo, no idea if Estrace is to blame, but I am done with the prescription and still waiting on AF.. hope this doesn't mean they'll delay or cancel my retrieval cycle. I called the clinic two days ago but no one called back :( they're probably thinking I am a hysterical person, calling for no reason... Glad to hear your follicle grew well and that you'll be having your transfer soon. Sorry I can't really comment on the timing since I've never gone through a natural cycle... Are you on Prometrium? These suppositories are really gross..

Sunshine, thinking of you! Hope the retrieval went well and that you are ok!

Bella, sounds like you're all set! Are you in the situation where if there is no problems with your biopsy sample, they don't call you back but they do if there is? I'm asking because I'd figure I'd wish for you to have news as soon as possible but that might not be a good wish after all.. I hope everything turns out normal and that you'll be ready to go!

AFM, I don't know what's going on. I've never had a 36 day cycle before. I've POAS a few times, all BFNs of course. As an impatient person, all of this is a true struggle. Maybe this is a lesson I need to learn before being a mother. Lol

Take care :)
Laparoscopy May 29th, fibroid removed, cyst on fallopian tube removed, stage 1 endo removed.
geeky_gab
TTC Princess
TTC Princess

Postby sunshinepgh84 » Wed Dec 06, 2017 10:43 am

Hi everyone!

My retrieval went well. They got 10 eggs and 6 of them fertilized normally. Now, we wait.... they said they will call me again on Day 4 to talk about transfer on Sunday.
Me (33) DH (34)

sunshinepgh84
BabyDuster
BabyDuster

Postby bbelanger91 » Wed Dec 06, 2017 1:08 pm

Hi Ladies!

Sorry I am behind on here! I read everyone's updates, and it sounds like everyone is doing good which I am super happy about!

Sunshine-Congrats on the retrieval! I cant wait to see how many made it to blast. Lots of baby dust and positive thoughts to you.

geeky- I hear you! I am soooo impatient so I can understand where you are coming from. Positive thoughts to you as well!

Bella-Your funny! You have such a great attitude! Once broid is out I'm sure all will fall into place! Time will fly! Sending hugs and baby dust!

Buffalo-I am the queen of overthinking. It causes me so much stress so I know what you are talking about. It is hard to put your trust into the doctors and nurses sometimes. I was going through almost the same thing when they told me they were pushing my transfer to Tuesday. I thought it had to be done between days 20-23 but I was wrong lol. The nurse assured me they knew what they were doing and it was okay to wait until day 26. I am so excited for you! Sending lots of baby dust! Can't wait to hear your updates and be in the tww with you!

I hope I didn't miss anyone or anything. If I did I am so sorry!

AFM, I just got the call today that my transfer is this Tuesday. It had to get pushed back from today because my lining and estrogen were not quite ready yet. But I went in this morning for blood work and U/S and they just called me a little bit a go telling me everything was perfect and it would be Tuesday! :) I literally cried. I have been taking 10 Estrace pills a day for the past 4 days and it is messing with me hard core. I have to stay on them though until further notice. I start the IM progesterone shots tomorrow night. I am nervous about those but the nurse told me heating pads and ice packs will help my tush. It looks like I will be in the tww with a few of you and I am very excited! My nurse told me I will be going in the day after Christmas for my blood pregnancy test so that is pretty cool.
Me: 26 - DH: 29 - TCC #1 Since July 2012
I have severe PCOS, Hypothyroidism, Insulin Resistance, High Blood Pressure
6 Rounds of Clomid, BFN
2 Rounds of Femera, BFN
IVF #1-Fall of 2017
8/25-CD 1
8/27-BC until 9/17
9/18 Suppression Check- All good!
9/21 Start Stims
10/8 Egg Retrieval
10/9 13 Eggs Retrieved
10/10 7 Eggs have Fertilized-Doing a FET. Will know how many made it to freeze on Friday.
10/16 3 Eggs made it to blast and freeze! Egg 1-AA, Egg 3-AB, Egg 7-BB The first 2 made it on Day 5 the last one made it on Day 6
10/18 For the first time in my life, my BP is finally normal! 128/74, my thyroid is within perfect range, and I have lost 7 lbs without even trying! Things are falling into place! I take this as a good sign :)
10/25 Post-Op Appt
12/6 FET Scheduled at 8AM! :)
bbelanger91

Postby sunshinepgh84 » Wed Dec 06, 2017 1:58 pm

Thanks BB! I'm glad we will be TWW buddies!

This week is SO NERVEWRACKING. I literally can't make it to Sunday fast enough. I hope, like you, that I can get 3 blasts. That would be AMAZING. I know you only need 1, but 3 would be better.

I'm just hoping and praying that my embryos are good quality and that some survive to blasts. This is WAY worse than the stims.
Me (33) DH (34)

sunshinepgh84
BabyDuster
BabyDuster

Postby Amouna87 » Thu Dec 07, 2017 6:07 am

Hi ladies

Sorry to barge in on your group but wanted to say good luck with the transfers/retrievals, a year ago I was in the same boat as some of you, had just had my retrieval, they got 5 eggs with only 2 that fertilised via icsi amd out of those 2 only one made it to blast...that one is currently asleep on me :). So i just wanted to wish you the very very best of luck, may it work for all of you first time and can't wait to see those BFPs :)
When the world says "give up", hope whispers "try it one more time"
2 years TTC #1
Me (28) DH (28)
Me: So far so good thank God
DH- Low morphology (2%) & slightly below average count (18mill/ml) everything else okay

HSG Feb 15: All good

Always praying so hard for our BFP!

http://www.fertilityfriend.com/home/45f043
Amouna87
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby geeky_gab » Thu Dec 07, 2017 6:49 am

OMG ladies! AF just started. But I had Estrace only until tuesday night (my prescription was over)... I hope they won't cancel my stimulation cycle because of two days without Estrace. What do you think?
Ok, I have to go back to work and appear like I am doing something else...
I can't wait to have news from the clinic :/ hope everyone is well

UPDATE! Then clinic called. They were not happy I stopped Estrace when my prescription stopped. Said I should have had taken more yesterday. Soo... I got a bit angry saying that had they called me back on Monday, I would have known what to do. Jeez.
However, our doctor agreed to still continue our cycle, since I only missed one day of Estrace.

So I am starting the STIMS tonight!!!
geeky_gab
TTC Princess
TTC Princess

PreviousNext

Return to IVF