Egg retrieval

Is in vitro fertilization helping you achieve your dream of parenthood? Discuss IVF, FET, donor egg and surrogacy here!

Moderators: unaffected, JessM, southernbelle, maddy

Egg retrieval

Postby Asheehan22 » Sun Dec 10, 2017 5:33 pm

Hello I had my ER on Thursday and it’s subday and I’m still in pain. I’m bloated and have some cramping and pain in the vagina and when I pee and very lift spotting. When I lay down in bed after a few hours the pain in the vagina hurts a lot and wakes me up. It seems to be relieved somewhat when I pee. I also had to have my cervix dialated bc it is crooked. They retrieved 22 eggs . Did anyone else have pain that lasted for days. It seems the more activity I do the more it hurts and by activity I just mean walking . Thanks!
Asheehan22

Re: Egg retrieval

Postby @whenmytruerainbow » Sun Mar 11, 2018 6:13 am

Hi! This is definitely a late post but in case someone gets interested. On the day of my last retrieval I received a prescription for Tylenol #3 with codeine for pain. It was vital to eat a small meal or snack before taking pain medication. Because narcotics can make you very nauseous if taken on an empty stomach. My doc told me it was normal to expect abdominal cramping and bloating for up to a week after retrieval. And that the severity of symptoms can vary greatly between patients. It may take a couple of weeks for the ovaries to return to normal size. BUT if bloating and discomfort increases over the 7-10 days after your retrieval, you should let your nurse coordinator know immediately. Our last results: eggs retrieved - 20, fertilized 10.
@whenmytruerainbow
BabyDuster
BabyDuster

Return to IVF