FET transfer day gitters and questions

Is in vitro fertilization helping you achieve your dream of parenthood? Discuss IVF, FET, donor egg and surrogacy here!

Moderators: JessM, southernbelle, maddy, unaffected

FET transfer day gitters and questions

Postby LovelyAD » Thu Dec 21, 2017 8:26 am

Hi Ladies, I am new to this TWW board, and am doing my second embryo transfer today. I do not remember feeling so nervous the first time around about the transfer as I am now. I just want to get everything right as hubby and I really want this all to work so that we can have a baby.
I was reading the info from the RE clinic regarding day of transfer instructions. I saw that it said no perfume, lotions, scented soaps, or makeup... just wondering why that is. Also it’s the week of Christmas, so many presents left to wrap, do y’all think it’s okay to wrap them while lying in the bed or on the couch? Help I’m loosing it here!
LovelyAD
Friend

Re: FET transfer day gitters and questions

Postby LovelyAD » Thu Dec 21, 2017 9:44 pm

Update: labs before transfer revealed progesterone level of 42 up from 12 2 days ago!!! Way to go husband on giving those deep IM injections. On to the transfer. So i forgot to pick up my Valium dose before the transfer from the pharmacy, so medication free transfer was about to ensue. I was all up in arms with anxiety as I accidentally used scented Dove sensitive body wash this am. I thought it was unscented, but i guess before today i had never paid attention. So when i arrived at the hospital I had to pee sooo bad, was sure i couldn’t hold my bladder thru the whole process, so i peed. Then went to the water fountain and drank a river’s worth of water. By the time my name was called i already felt the urge to pee. I had acupuncture right before the transfer, then had the doc, sonographer, and embryologist all come in and do their thing. After the transfer i tried to make it thru my second acupuncture but i could no longer hold my bladder. I Ran to the bathroom just in time! Then returned to the OR for acupuncture. I realize i wasn’t as relaxed ->lack of Valium. And i was a little hyper focused on the fact that the needles for my ears made me bleed a bit. After the transfer my mom drove me around to a couple of places ( I stayed in the car resting). Then she drove me to my hair appointment which i had to go up a few stairs to get to, then I sat and rested during the entire appointment. After all of that I’m now home resting on my bed. Now you understand why I’m so anxious. I didn’t exactly follow the post transfer procedure, but i haven’t done anything remotely strenuous either. Most of my time has been spent sitting in the car and in the beauticians chair. Did I just screw up my chances? I’m praying Not!!! I think ultimately if it’s meant to be it will be! Your positive vibes and prayers are being solicited...
LovelyAD
Friend

Return to IVF