FET January/ February Buddies

Is in vitro fertilization helping you achieve your dream of parenthood? Discuss IVF, FET, donor egg and surrogacy here!

Moderators: JessM, southernbelle, maddy, unaffected

Re: FET January/ February Buddies

Postby Ritu2011 » Mon Mar 05, 2018 8:56 am

Hi Ladies, Feeling dizzy and lightheaded most of the time. So things are little difficult to manage. My next scan is on Friday. FX.

Gem, Congrats Again!!!. That’s a great number. Good Luck with the scan !!!. FX.

Geeky, Mglupe, Rosey,Wishing & Unconventional, Have been reading your updates and praying for your successful cycle. Hoping to see BFP pics from all of you soon. FX. Keep us posted..

Tess, Hope everything is ok on your side. Keep us posted.

Sticky vibes and Baby Dust to All !!!
Ritu2011
BabyDuster
BabyDuster

Postby Tesskcmo » Mon Mar 05, 2018 1:59 pm

Somehow I stopped getting notifications that ppl where posting to this board.

Congratulations Gem!!!! That’s so exciting! So happy for for you!

Ritu do you have another scan scheduled?

Afm, no real news. We haven’t told my MIL yet bc there hasn’t been a private moment yet. But hopefully there will be soon. She’s at an inpatient rehab facility and we are hoping she’ll be able to come home soon.
Tesskcmo
TTC Princess
TTC Princess

Postby Tesskcmo » Mon Mar 05, 2018 6:45 pm

Also... has anyone else felt depressed on the PIO and estradiol tabs? I was pretty depressed my last FET with my daughter and this time I am too. Just no energy and super emotional. I guess this time with everything going on with my MIL I’ve thought that’s why I’m feeling down. But now I realize it could be partially bc of the medications and/or pregnancy sx. Anyone else experience this?
Tesskcmo
TTC Princess
TTC Princess

Postby Gem1981 » Mon Mar 05, 2018 9:26 pm

Tess, I am with you.. completely emotional, irritable, crying at the slightest of things.. and then feeling bad that I cried or yelled at such a silly thing :d.. finally my hubby has accepted it and avoids me / stays silent if I get irritated about something .. this started right after the medication started.. both PRogesterone and the Estradiol!
Have also been so disinterested in work.. procrastinating all the time. U r not alone! Hugs
When is your next scan Tess?
Ritu, thanks! All the best for your next scan :)
Gem1981
TTC Princess
TTC Princess

Postby Unconventional tale » Tue Mar 06, 2018 1:43 am

Hello ladies, Hope you are all doing well. I just had my follow up appointment. Lining is good she said its about 7.8 which she was happy about. She said she could see about 15-17 follies which is great compared to Sundays 8 to 10. She was happy with the sizes as well - she didnt give me all the sizes but from the ones she told me there were 16, 15, 14, 11, 10, etc. Which from what I've read seems to be good. She changed my medication slightly to Gonal 150iu from 300iu, Cetrotide and she added Pergoveris. I haven't really heard much from online reading about Pergoveris but from the little reading I did today it seems to be similar to Gonal and Menopur. She said most likely the egg retrieval would be on Sunday, she will confirm on thursday when i go in for my follow up appointment. I called the acupuncturist as well today and told her I wanted to start acupuncture and she told me that she doesn't really need to see me until Thursday because I seem to be responding well with the medication despite my low amh of 0.7. So thankfully good news today. The only slight hiccup today was that I heard my doctor will be going on leave next week so she won't be around for the egg retrieval or transfer which I'm a bit nervous about. The clinic said she would be telling me which of the other doctors in the clinic will be handling my case so I will find out more on Thursday when I go.

@Hopefulrosey - I will be transferring 2 embryos this cycle. Not sure honestly what they do with the remaining embryos but I will try getting an approval to freeze any remaining embryos for future cycles. Side effects are now more bloating, very tired but thankfully didn't have a headache last night. When will they be scheduling your lap?

@Gem - What day would the trigger shot be out of my body? I heard usually after 2 days post transfer its out. I think what I'll do is test the day after transfer to see the trigger shot and then test everyday after that to monitor the changes! I really am very impatient :rofl: Hope you are progressing well in your pregnancy :)

Hope everyone else is doing well. I'm also a bit confused as to which forum I should be posting on (this one or the march one) but I kind of post on both :D
Unconventional tale
BabyDuster
BabyDuster

Postby Hopefulrosey » Tue Mar 06, 2018 3:35 am

Tess, I am afraid it is progesterone thats making you depressed. My first ever cycle on progesterone was terrible. I who NEVER cry, started crying almost daily after being on Utrogestan for a week. There would be no reason.. Just sitting on the couch or watching tv, suddenly this strong pressure in my chest and boom... I will be crying and feeling hopelessly depressed. Gladly, my RE listened to me when I complained and switched me to Crinone. Crinone agrees better with me and I get almost no symptoms, except tender breasts now and then. Good luck and hope you will soon be done taking Pg... Hugs

Gem, 1300+ a super progress. Will you do a 3rd beta or just wait for the scan? You said its at 5w? When will that be?

Unconventional, your ovaries are doing a great job. I have normal AMH and I made 16 follies. But then I was on quite low doses of stims. People have taken more meds on IUIs then I did for ivf :( Lets pray for a good retrieval and a bunch of happily growing embies who will stick.

and, my lap is scheduled for 19th March.

AFM, I am freaking out slowly about the lap. I watched some youtube videos and read stuff on internet and now I am scared! Honestly if it was not for fertility issues I wouldn't even care if I have endo or not - I have no pain or any other annoying symptoms. What if they found cancer? Thats my biggest fear... Or any complications that will make them remove my ovaries / tubes / Uterus? I realise that I am being irrational but I have not had any surgeries... IVF retrieval is the most invasive procedure I have ever done in my life.

My request to you all - Please pray for me that I don't have to go through lap... Please God make me pregnant before the lap....Please
TTC#1 since Feb 2016
Me: Rosey, 33, mild endo
DH: 32, 4 SAs. varies between normal to MFI :doh:
IUI #1 Sep'17 - BFN and ended up with 2x 20mm+ cysts
IUI #2 Nov'17 - cancelled. O'd spontaneously on CD10 before trigger
IUI #3 Dec'17 BFN... moving on to IVF in 2018
IVF #1 - ER (16 follies,14 eggs, 7 mature, 3 fertilised), 3d transfer of 3 embies (only 1x 8 cell, 2x 4 cell), no frosties, BFN
Lap Mar'18 - Dx mild endo
IVF #2 - Jul'18 - ER (10 eggs, 5 mature, 5 fertilised), 5d transfer of 2 expanding blasts, 1x frozen, BFN
Hopefulrosey
TTC Queen
TTC Queen

Postby Amouna87 » Tue Mar 06, 2018 8:01 am

Rosey I know I'mnot part of this thread but just wanted to say that I was exactly the same as you with regards to the lap andnever having had any surgery before. Coupled with an insane phobia of hospitals - I'm in the UK so they made me do a lap before IVF as it was paid for by NHS and I jist want to say it's noway near as bad as what you see/read about I promise. I was shaking and in tears when they took my blood pressure (lol!) I was that scared but I promise one min it's looming infront of you and the next you're awake and it's been done and hopefully the dr will be there telling you there is no endo and everything looks perfect :). I know how scary it is, I had very bad anxiety with mine, had to sleep listening to relaxing mindfulness apps because I couldn't focus on anything else. You've been through IVF and egg collection, that was worse for me- praying it doesn't come to a lap but if it does, you'll be okay, you've got this xx
When the world says "give up", hope whispers "try it one more time"
2 years TTC #1
Me (28) DH (28)
Me: So far so good thank God
DH- Low morphology (2%) & slightly below average count (18mill/ml) everything else okay

HSG Feb 15: All good

Always praying so hard for our BFP!

http://www.fertilityfriend.com/home/45f043
Amouna87
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby Gem1981 » Tue Mar 06, 2018 11:16 am

Unconventional, not so sure about the trigger .. I think it depends on the amount of trigger ( I read 1000 units for every day.. so 10000 units will take upto 10 days). Your approach is absolutely right.. test it out daily so you get to know the results ASAP :)
Rosey, don’t be scared. I am sure it will be fine! Haven’t had a lap before, but as Amouna says it isn’t as bad as it sounds ... lots of hugs!
AFM; I am Waiting for the scan now- 15 March. No more betas. All the best for your scans and retrieval ladies!
Gem1981
TTC Princess
TTC Princess

Postby Tesskcmo » Tue Mar 06, 2018 1:07 pm

Rosey, I totally understand your apprehension doing the surgery. But I also think it’s exciting bc it means you might have a higher chance of getting pregnant naturally afterwards. I was almost annoyed that my RE didn’t recommend me doing a lap... and kind felt forced into doing ivf. But I suppose in my situation it wouldn’t have made a huge difference bc of my dh severe male infertility.

Afm, no more scans scheduled I’m just supposed to make an appt with my regular OB. Which I haven’t done yet bc I’m nervous about finding someone to watch my daughter while I go to my appt. Normally I would have asked but my MIL but I can’t now and that means I’ll have to ask and tell a friend I’m pregnant. And I’m just still nervous about having a mc. :/
Tesskcmo
TTC Princess
TTC Princess

Postby Unconventional tale » Wed Mar 07, 2018 2:15 am

Rosey you have already done so much! You don't know how strong you and your body are. It will be all worth it in the end. Videos on the internet are always much scarier than the reality. You've got this! :D
Unconventional tale
BabyDuster
BabyDuster

Postby Hopefulrosey » Wed Mar 07, 2018 2:20 am

Hi Amouna, thank you for this friendly gesture and the message. It's always a pleasure seeing a fellow ttcer from the neighbouring boards to pop up and extend love. Your words worked and I am feeling better about lap. It cannot be so bad... if its is then...Whatever will be, will be :)

Gem, good luck with the scan

Tess, you are right. I am scared right now but I know that I will surely regret if I decided not to do lap.
I can understand your nervousness... can you not make up an excuse for the babysitter? I did that the whole time during my ivf as we couldn't tell anyone about the procedure. Or, maybe ask DH to watch her while you visit obgyn?

Afm, my stupid cold like symptoms are still lingering even after 6 days. So I had to see my doctor. On antibiotics now as I might have sinusitis... Can a ttc'er girl not catch a break from meds???
TTC#1 since Feb 2016
IVF #1 - ER (16 follies,14 eggs, 7 mature, 3 fertilised), 3d transfer of 3 embies (only 1x 8 cell, 2x 4 cell), no frosties, BFN
IVF #2 - Jul'18 - ER (10 eggs, 5 mature, 5 fertilised), 5d transfer of 2 expanding blasts, 1x frozen, BFN
Hopefulrosey
TTC Queen
TTC Queen

Postby Hopefulrosey » Wed Mar 07, 2018 2:24 am

Unconventional, you are right. I should not have looked at those videos. The internet isn't always our friend. Hope you are feeling good today
TTC#1 since Feb 2016
Hopefulrosey
TTC Queen
TTC Queen

Postby Unconventional tale » Thu Mar 08, 2018 2:20 am

Hello everyone. So egg retrieval has been scheduled for Monday. Turns out there are 8 egg follicles not 15, still a good number I guess. Got my trigger shot and will have to take it on Saturday night at 9:30. Hoping for the best.

How is everyone else doing?
Unconventional tale
BabyDuster
BabyDuster

Postby Gem1981 » Thu Mar 08, 2018 5:36 am

hi Rosey, i hope you are feeling better now (both your cold and your mood).. ? take care!
Tess, cant you say you need to go for some errand/ office work and not tell your bay sitter about the appointment? praying for a healthy 9 for you :)
Unconventional, thats great! lot of times, they can find more eggs than the visible follicles (dont know why).. mine also looked like 8-9, but they got 11 eggs, so hoping for the best for you! so exciting!
Amouna, where r you in your journey?
AFM: waiting for the scan, feeling okay - on and off queasy/ uneasy and bloating like hell.. have already ordered a couple of pant extenders and bra extenders .. My God, i have 8 more months to go! DH has already started calling me a Jersey cow !!! lol. dnt know whether to laugh or cry..
Gem1981
TTC Princess
TTC Princess

Postby Hopefulrosey » Thu Mar 08, 2018 11:41 pm

Unconventional, 8 is a great number. It's all about quality in the end, not quantity.

I don't think your doctor counted incorrectly earlier. It's just in the beginning there are many smaller follies and some of them don't grow to the optimal size. Now they must be only counting the follies which have a potential to yield a good egg. Also, sometimes follies appear to be merged with each other on US. What they think is one, might have 2 eggs... All the best for Monday. May you get to bring your baby home in 9 months Inshaallah! Keep us updated
TTC#1 since Feb 2016
Hopefulrosey
TTC Queen
TTC Queen

PreviousNext

Return to IVF