FET January/ February Buddies

Is in vitro fertilization helping you achieve your dream of parenthood? Discuss IVF, FET, donor egg and surrogacy here!

Moderators: unaffected, JessM, southernbelle, maddy

Re: FET January/ February Buddies

Postby Hopefulrosey » Thu Mar 01, 2018 6:55 am

Unconventional, sorry that you have this added discomfort of flu. If I were you, I will my doctor. This whole ivf process is so delicate that I won't risk it. Based on your protocol and your history, only your doctor can tell what's best for you. Hope you feel better soon. Hugs
TTC#1 since Feb 2016
Me: Rosey, 33, mild endo
DH: 32, 4 SAs. varies between normal to MFI :doh:
IUI #1 Sep'17 - BFN and ended up with 2x 20mm+ cysts
IUI #2 Nov'17 - cancelled. O'd spontaneously on CD10 before trigger. O confirmed with CD21 test
IUI #3 Dec'17 BFN... moving on to IVF in 2018
IVF #1 - ER (16 follies, 14 eggs, 7 mature, 3 fertilised), 3d transfer of 3 embies (only 1x 8 cell, 2x 4 cell), no frosties, BFN
Lap Mar'18 - Dx mild endo
IVF #2 - Hopefully in May- June 2018
Hopefulrosey
TTC Queen
TTC Queen

Postby Gem1981 » Thu Mar 01, 2018 7:00 am

Rosey, glad you are satisfied with his overall response and line of treatment. I have one question - did they do a semen analysis for your husband. Mine had v poor quantity, morphology in the second IUI, and doc had done a further dna fragmentation analysis ( which thankfully came out okay). He was on coq2/10 (I think) and folic acid for a couple of months and for our first IVF his quality and quantity was excellent.. so much so that my IVF doctor was puzzled I was even bringing up his SA in the discussion ( talk about Pre conveived notions - as per him issue was most likely with me)..
in short maybe you want to get all that tested out too if that’s not already done?
Gem1981
TTC Princess
TTC Princess

Postby Ritu2011 » Thu Mar 01, 2018 7:44 am

Rosey, Good to know that your visit went well. It’s always comforting to listen to the kind words from the doctor. FX for your tests. Hope everything gets back to normal soon.

AFM, Ultrasound is done. RE said everything looks good. He said The size of the sac and it’s location are good. I’m only 5 weeks as of today and he said he expects to hear a heart beat by next week. Isn’t it too soon?. FX again.

I was really terrified about the cramps and I was checking every now and then if I’m Spotting. Thankfully not.

Baby Dust to All !!!
Last edited by Ritu2011 on Thu Mar 01, 2018 12:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Ritu2011
BabyDuster
BabyDuster

Postby Hopefulrosey » Thu Mar 01, 2018 8:02 am

Gem, he was the first to get tested in 2016. His first result was devastating. Only 2% morphology and 87% dna defragmenation.... We were told to go for icsi as our chances of ever getting naturally pregnant were only 10% statistically (assuming I have normal fertility). But we weren't ready for ivf so we kept trying naturally. Fast forward 1 year and we were referred to my current RE. He put DH on some meds and tested him after 3 months. Miraculously his sperm was perfectly normal. Normal morphology and only 13% dna fragmentation this 2nd time. This is how were able to IUIs, otherwise due to severe MFI IUI / normal IVF wasn't even an option for us. Around this icsi time, his sperm issues seemed to have returned :(

I think I know what the issue is. He is lazy and doesn't take his meds as regularly. We bought him 1 month supply in December and he still hasn't finished those. But he doesn't want to hear that! Well what can we do. In the end we just need a handful of healthy sperms from him.
TTC#1 since Feb 2016
IUI #2 Nov'17 - cancelled. O'd spontaneously on CD10 before trigger. O confirmed with CD21 test
IVF #1 - ER (16 follies, 14 eggs, 7 mature, 3 fertilised), 3d transfer of 3 embies (only 1x 8 cell, 2x 4 cell), no frosties, BFN
Hopefulrosey
TTC Queen
TTC Queen

Postby Gem1981 » Thu Mar 01, 2018 8:45 am

Unconventional, sorry to hear you are feeling under the weather, do talk to your doctor and check what’s okay to have. I was given a printed piece of paper after every visit which also list of drugs I could take for pain/
Discomfort/ fever etc.. list changed as per the stage of IVF ( retrieval and transfer).
Hope you feel better soon!
Gem1981
TTC Princess
TTC Princess

Postby Gem1981 » Thu Mar 01, 2018 8:55 am

Aww Rosey, I remember having a couple of teary eyed outbursts when my DH when he skipped his meds. I was so stressed out and felt unfair that he couldn’t even take 2 tablets a day when I was prodded and poked every day for the follicular studies and IUI! He literally never forgot the meds after the second outburst.. lol.. just saying u can try this out .. ;)
You are correct that only a handful sperm is needed.. so I hope it works out this time and everything is clear in your Laproscopy too!
Gem1981
TTC Princess
TTC Princess

Postby geeky_gab » Thu Mar 01, 2018 9:39 am

Good morning ladies! (it is still the a.m. here)...
Rosey, I am so happy your meeting went well. A laparoscopy is the best. They see all of what's going on and you will be back on your feet in no time!
We got the news from our clinic earlier, confirmed negative. The nurse was so sweet and helpful. She read all the notes the doctor had written down from our Feb 11th u/s. She said there are three things the doctor might suggest.
Since he saw liquid near a tube, its either a a. burst cyst, b. an hydrosalpix or c. a reaction to meds.
So, I either a. have an u/s and see whether its resorbed or not, b. an assisted (more sophisticated) hysterosonography or c. a recommendation for a natural cycle (and a FET).
The hydrosalpinx would be weird, since I have done the tests for that before, plus a lap last May... so it does seem unlikely
Our appointment has been booked sooner, on March 16th... can't wait to have a plan.. The nurse seemed really optimistic that we could get everything done in time for an April FET...
We'll see...
TTC since Dec. 2014 - "unexplained infertility"
Me : 36
DH : 37
IUI #1 - #7 May 2016 - October 2017 BFN
Laparoscopy May 29th 2017, fibroid removed, cyst on fallopian tube removed, stage 1 endo removed.
IVF Antagonist protocol, retrival Dec. 2017
FET Feb 2018 BFN
Hoping for April FET
geeky_gab
TTC Princess
TTC Princess

Postby Unconventional tale » Thu Mar 01, 2018 11:38 am

I'll have to wait till Saturday to ask the clinic about the cold medication because our weekend in Dubai is on Friday. I will try to avoid them until then and suffer with this horrible blocked nose and cough!

@Hopefulrosey Hope this new action plan is successful and will be waiting to see what they say on March 19th. My husband had a 2% morphology and the doctor prescribed him with medication called profertile which he complained about taking everytime i forced him to because the tablet size was too big. I told him to suck it up because if I have to deal with stabbing myself with giant needles he can handle swallowing big tablets once a day! He was never consistent with them so when we went to get him tested 6 months later I was not surprised when the results were exactly the same! Men!

@Ritu That is so exciting hearing the babys heart beat! So happy to hear that everything is going well. :)

@Geeky Sorry about the negative! Hopefully you will be able to start again by April with a good plan and get your BFP

AFM - I've started to feel some sort of discomfort around my ovaries but its more like a bloated feeling rather than a painful feeling so it is bearable and it will all be worth it in the end. Its interesting to monitor the different changes hormones does to our body during this process. When i first got married I went on the birth control pill and my body did not react well to it at all! I gained 15kgs in a matter of 3 months it was terrible and made me crazy and messed up my hormones so bad my body hasnt recovered 5 years later! So i was a bit nervous about injecting myself with hormones and how it would affect me but so far it seems to be ok Thank God!
Unconventional tale
BabyDuster
BabyDuster

Postby Gem1981 » Thu Mar 01, 2018 8:39 pm

Unconventional, hope you recover from your cold soon! do talk to your doc about the discomfort, so they can monitor and adjust the amount of medication if needed. Wishing you all the best and hoping you will get some really good quality eggs :)

Geeky, sorry about the negative..
All the best for your March 16 appointment. Hopefully the liquid has been reabsorbed and you can get the FET done without much delay! Hugs to you..
Ritu, so exciting to get to hear he heart beat! All the best!

Afm: waiting for the blood test ( hoping for decent numbers) and worrying about every little cramp in my abdomen. Lol
Take care all of you !
Gem1981
TTC Princess
TTC Princess

Postby Wishing4A star » Fri Mar 02, 2018 10:51 pm

Geeky- I wish you the best on your upcoming appointment :hugs:

Ritu-it’s a nice feeling when you hear your little one tiny hart just beating away. Do you have other children?

Hopefulrosey- I’m glad things are moving for you...now praying your lap goes nice and smooth.

Gem,unconventional ~hope all is well

Afm- baseline went well yesterday nurse called back and and told me to decrease my lupron to 5units and started on estrace last night. She said I was good to go for a transfer as early as the week of 3/19 but I’m not comfortable with no one else doing my transfer but myRE so I opt to wait until the following week.

Baby dust to all
Image[/url]
TTC : 2years +
December 2013- Hsg done -dx with block tubes
January 2013- lap surgery done(right tube opened)
March 2013- clomid/IUI #1
April 2013 - Bfp (chemical)
September 2013- February 2014- medicated cycles with monitoring still no baby.
April 2014- consult with fertility dr.
******Moving on to Ivf ******
May 5th- Ivf educational day
May 13th- lap surgery
July4th- started stims
July 15th - retrieval 16 eggs 14 fertilized
July 20th - transfer/ July 30 beta negative
----------------------------
Ivf # 2
Aug 3rd- started bcp for 3 wks
Aug 16th- started lupron
September 16th- Fet
September- 26th beta confirmed :bfp:
Beta #1 -10dp5dt = 321
Beta #2 -13dp5dt = 1561
Beta #3 - 15dp5dt = 4407
Wishing4A star
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby Hopefulrosey » Sat Mar 03, 2018 1:11 am

Sorry for MIA. Came down with terrible cold yesterday and still sick.

Gem, Hope you enjoyed the Holi festival. I am not the crying type so if I did DH will know I am up to something ;) But I did take your advice and put some I-am-angry_&-disappointed pressure on him. Hopefully he will more regular now (although I doubt).
Are you going for blood test today or wait until the 5th? Whatever it is, please update us. Everything crossed for you.

Ritu, thank God that thereis no spotting! Hopefully it will stay that way and your bean will be in your arms in 8 months :)

Unconventional, I hope you are feeling better now. Did you get to call your clinic? I think ovaries feeling heavy is normal and actually a good sign. This means that your ovaries are growing some nice follies. Honestly I will be worried if I don't feel them on meds lol...

Do you mind me asking, are you from Dubai or you or your DH just working there?

Geeky, A big hug!!! I am so sorry for your bfn. I don't have words to explain how sorry I am. Trust me I know your pain... But its comforting that your clinic has a plan. FX for your April transfer. How many embies you still have?

Wish, great that your body is ready for a March transfer. I understand you wanting to wait for your own RE. If I were you I will prefer that too. However do you think a week delay could cancel your transfer?

Tess, geeky, thinking of you

Babydust to all
TTC#1 since Feb 2016
Hopefulrosey
TTC Queen
TTC Queen

Postby Unconventional tale » Sat Mar 03, 2018 2:07 am

Hello everyone. Cold is starting to feel better I've stopped taking medication and just the occasional nose drop in the morning or at night before sleeping. I checked with the clinic and they said it was fine in moderation. As for my side effects the fullness feeling has gone down and mostly I just feel really tired all the time and just want to spend my time sleeping. My husband and I have decided to keep it from the family that we're doing ivf just because we don't want to have any pressure on us or any expectations if it works or doesn't. So I've been trying to keep a low profile with family which is a bit difficult in our culture :) DH had to go for some business meetings out of town that he pushed earlier to make sure he's back in time for ER day so it's just me and my needles and my hopefully growing follicles till Wednesday

I have my next appointment tomorrow morning to see how the follicles are growing - hoping for good news and my cold hasn't done anything to affect it.

@Gem did you manage to get a beta test done? Can't wait to hear the news

@hopeful Yes my husband and I are both from Dubai.
Unconventional tale
BabyDuster
BabyDuster

Postby Gem1981 » Sat Mar 03, 2018 3:56 am

Wishing, Unconventional, good to know Everything is coming along well!
Rosey, hope the routine helps ;).. played a bit of Holi.. had to stay away from the bhang/ drinks..
Ladies got my beta value today ie 12dp5dt it is 614. Official test is on Monday. One quick question - my progesterone is 29, is this okayed a bit low? Will talk to my doc on Monday after the official test. Telling the families today since my SIL Is here for the weekend and knows we got the positive blood test.
FX for all of us :)
Gem1981
TTC Princess
TTC Princess

Postby Hopefulrosey » Sat Mar 03, 2018 4:04 am

Gem, congratulationsssssss 614 is a great number... maybe you are having twins :)

If you are on progesterone, I will not worry about it. They say progesterone is an unpredictable hormone, the levels can literally change from one hour to the other... Your Hcg is very high so that's what we should celebrate for now :)

Unconventional, wow, we are one diverse group here. You must speak Arabic? I am planning a surprise birthday trip for my husband this year. Dubai is one of the possible destinations :) He has never been in an Arabic country and I know he will be super surprised and excited. Fyi, we both are from Germany.
TTC#1 since Feb 2016
Hopefulrosey
TTC Queen
TTC Queen

Postby Gem1981 » Sat Mar 03, 2018 4:26 am

Thanks Rosey:) scan is scheduled for 15 March for now. Will keep everyone posted
Gem1981
TTC Princess
TTC Princess

PreviousNext

Return to IVF