FET January/ February Buddies

Is in vitro fertilization helping you achieve your dream of parenthood? Discuss IVF, FET, donor egg and surrogacy here!

Moderators: JessM, southernbelle, maddy, unaffected

Re: FET January/ February Buddies

Postby Ritu2011 » Sat Mar 03, 2018 4:28 am

Congrats Gem !!!. So Happy for you.. progesterone level fluctuates it seems. Mine was 47 last week and this week 27. I was panicked too. But the nurse said nothing to worry. Congrats again on the great beta !!!. Enjoy this moment...
Ritu2011
BabyDuster
BabyDuster

Postby Unconventional tale » Sat Mar 03, 2018 4:48 am

Just posted a reply but got an error so I'll attempt it again :roll:

Congratulations Gem! That's a great Beta number! How exciting telling the family! I've been watching all these youtube videos of people telling their families that theyre pregnant to keep me motivated during my IVF cycle. How are you planning on telling them?

@Hopeful - Yes I do speak arabic as well as english. We are a diverse group with one beautiful goal in mind :D I would definitely recommend you coming to Dubai, but I would suggest coming during the winter months because Summers in Dubai are unbearable. The best times to come would be between End of October to Mid March as the weather has already started to become hot.

How many times did you ladies do IVF before getting your BFP? I am really trying to be hopeful that I get it from the first time but trying to be realistic because alot of people have said that the first time is like a trial for the doctors to see what works and what doesn't. Our doctor did say that because we are both young (30) that our chance is 50/50 with my low AMH (0.7) and DHs low morphology (2%) so she said its a high chance of success but I am really trying not to get my hopes up too high so that I am not a sobbing mess if it doesnt work.
Unconventional tale
BabyDuster
BabyDuster

Postby Wishing4A star » Sat Mar 03, 2018 5:38 am

Good morning ladies,

Hopefulrosey~ my nurse gave me the option and one was to wait until the next week. I still plan to double check to make sure the timing is good.

Gem~ transfer is it normally around ovulation time? Or they control your cycle for fet as well? By the way, your numbers are great! Let us know how it goes with telling your family. I love surprises :D

Unconventional tales~ Are you Muslim? I have a few friends who live overseas as well. I’m Muslim and just recently been to visit saudia Arabia and must agree it was very hot and that was like the end of April.
Wishing4A star
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby Unconventional tale » Sat Mar 03, 2018 6:39 am

Hi Wishing, yes i am. :)
Unconventional tale
BabyDuster
BabyDuster

Postby Hopefulrosey » Sat Mar 03, 2018 10:33 am

Wishing, Interesting that your clinic is quite flexible with transfers. I really thought that it should be done on some specific days,based on your lining. But I have never had an FET so I don't know much..
Apologies if you already told us but where are you from?

Unconventional, thanks for the weather tip. I really wasn't thinking about weather. His birthday is in summer so I should review my list ;) We both cannot handle warm climate very well.

Afm, my ovaries are heavy since few days and I feel them when I walk. Not painful but uncomfortable. I had 4 bowl movements today (sorry for tmi). Not sure what's going on. It's the same feeling I had when I was taking stims... I am not on any meds this cycle so what that can be? It's too late for my natural O time.
TTC#1 since Feb 2016
Me: Rosey, 33, mild endo
DH: 32, 4 SAs. varies between normal to MFI :doh:
IUI #1 Sep'17 - BFN and ended up with 2x 20mm+ cysts
IUI #2 Nov'17 - cancelled. O'd spontaneously on CD10 before trigger
IUI #3 Dec'17 BFN... moving on to IVF in 2018
IVF #1 - ER (16 follies,14 eggs, 7 mature, 3 fertilised), 3d transfer of 3 embies (only 1x 8 cell, 2x 4 cell), no frosties, BFN
Lap Mar'18 - Dx mild endo
IVF #2 - Jul'18 - ER (10 eggs, 5 mature, 5 fertilised), 5d transfer of 2 expanding blasts, 1x frozen, BFN

Aug'18 - Nautural BFP while waiting for FET :D Beta #1 968, Beta #2 12000+, HB: 168

Oct'18 - Officially in 2nd trimester. Can't thank God enough for his blessings
Hopefulrosey
TTC Queen
TTC Queen

Postby Unconventional tale » Sun Mar 04, 2018 12:09 am

Hi Ladies,

Just had my second screening. She said everything is progressing - slowly but surely. I was supposed to start Cetrotide today but she told me to push it to tomorrow. Next appointment is Tuesday to see how everything is progressing again. Apparently my right ovary is more active than my left but she said that is pretty common. That's about all the info I got for today. I'm not really sure what I'm supposed to be expecting from now or what I should be looking out for but the Doctor seemed to say everything was progressing as it should. She said lining looked good, I can't remember if she said it was 6 or 8 in size - how much is it usually supposed to be before ER or ET? I've seen different things online so its all a bit confusing for me.
Unconventional tale
BabyDuster
BabyDuster

Postby Hopefulrosey » Sun Mar 04, 2018 12:52 am

Unconventional, she's right. I had that too in my IUI's baseline. I was also told that it doesn't mean that something is wrong. Our ovaries take turn each month to produce a follie naturally so one can be more active than the other on meds.

I think they usually want 8mm or more at the time of tranfer (some might even do it at 7mm). For my IUIs, my RE was happy as long as I had 7mm at the time of trigger. They also want to see 3 stripes in the lining. If yours is 6mm right now, it will surely be more than 8mm around the time of your transfer. You will start progesterone after ER and that will thicken your lining further. I say everything looks great :)

You should be now looking forward to your trigger shot. My clinic does retrieval exactly 36 hours after trigger.

Did they say how many follies you have and how big they are?
TTC#1 since Feb 2016
IVF #1 - ER (16 follies,14 eggs, 7 mature, 3 fertilised), 3d transfer of 3 embies (only 1x 8 cell, 2x 4 cell), no frosties, BFN
IVF #2 - Jul'18 - ER (10 eggs, 5 mature, 5 fertilised), 5d transfer of 2 expanding blasts, 1x frozen, BFN

Aug'18 - Nautural BFP while waiting for FET :D Beta #1 968, Beta #2 12000+, HB: 168

Hopefulrosey
TTC Queen
TTC Queen

Postby Unconventional tale » Sun Mar 04, 2018 1:31 am

That's a relief. I was a bit worried just because you don't really know what to expect. It's just me overthinking things. She did say she counted about 8 to 10 follies but not sure about the sizes. What are the sizes they're supposed to be?

Ya the clinic here does the same trigger shot and 36 hours later is the retrieval. I'm expecting I'll have to go in for the retrieval on Saturday or Sunday. I'll find out more on Tuesday.
Unconventional tale
BabyDuster
BabyDuster

Postby Gem1981 » Sun Mar 04, 2018 8:03 am

Unconventional, god to know your scans are progressing well. The follicles are expected to be 18+ mm at the time of trigger shot so that they are around 20-21 mm each at the time of retrieval. Your lining is also good, but thats critical for Transfer. Is your doctor planning to transfer fresh embryos or freeze them all? Mine recommended latter since they said FETs have higher chance of success as they help prepare the uterus for implantation in the next cycle. But go with what the doctor says :)
Wishing, in my case the retrieval was around ovulation time.. but for the FET they downcycle the body so that no natural ovulation happens. But the transfer was around CD22 or so while my normal ovulation happens at Cd15-16. Don’t know if it matters too much? They did give me the option to delay my FET since I was traveling. They told me I can get the FET anytime within CD 45 or so once the lining was good enough! So they did have a lot of flexibility.
Rosey, maybe your ovulation has gotten delayed and therefore ovaries are feeling a bit weird? Hope everything works out well!
Ritu, Tess, Geeky, any updates..?
Thanks a lot all of you.. :).. I told our families and couple of close friends, lots of joy and of course advise pouring in (groan).. but feeling good and relaxed :) going for my second beta tomorrow!
Gem1981
TTC Princess
TTC Princess

Postby Unconventional tale » Sun Mar 04, 2018 10:36 am

HI Gem, Thanks for the info. As of now she said it will be a fresh transfer because freezing of embryos is only allowed in emergency cases in Dubai so most of the transfers are fresh unless there is a reason where it can't be done then they seek special approvals from the government. Not really sure why, it was allowed previously but a few years ago the law was changed to only allow freezing embryos with special approvals. Good luck with the second beta and keep us updated. I went ahead and ordered pregnancy tests so I am prepared after the transfer :D I will probably be testing everyday because I am not a patient person! Haha
Unconventional tale
BabyDuster
BabyDuster

Postby Unconventional tale » Sun Mar 04, 2018 10:42 am

Also forgot to add I think I jinxed myself with the no side effects - I have had the worst headache on and off since last night and AF cramping. All part of the process!
Unconventional tale
BabyDuster
BabyDuster

Postby geeky_gab » Sun Mar 04, 2018 5:02 pm

Hello ladies!
Thank you all for your support :) Sorry I was MIA in this forum lately.. I have "moved on" to the Springtime one, since we hope to have another FET soon.

Gem and Ritu, I am so happy and wish you all the best. I hope for continuing good news and a healthy, happy 9mo!

Unconventional, everything seems to be heading in the good direction. Fx for next Tuesday (I understood this will be your follow-up appointment?).
Rosey, thank you so much for your kind words. I hope you are feeling better? It is weird that your ovaries would feel that way. Do you have an u/s scheduled soon to see what's going on? To answer your question, we are lucky enough to have still 7 frosties. I am not giving up. I just want to make sure that every possible issue is adressed before "wasting" another one.. if there is, indeed, something we can do.
Hope all is well with you ladies. I will continue to drop by every once in a while. Take care!
TTC since Dec. 2014 - "unexplained infertility"
Me : 36
DH : 37
IUI #1 - #7 May 2016 - October 2017 BFN
Laparoscopy May 29th 2017, fibroid removed, cyst on fallopian tube removed, stage 1 endo removed.
IVF Antagonist protocol, retrival Dec. 2017
FET Feb 2018 BFN
Hoping for April FET
geeky_gab
TTC Princess
TTC Princess

Postby Hopefulrosey » Mon Mar 05, 2018 1:51 am

Gem, It must be exciting sharing with the family especially around a festival :) How did your 2nd beta go today? I was hoping to wake up to an update.

It's interesting how different countries have different approaches towards transfers. I have heard from other girls in India that FETs are really preferred there. My clinic and many others I know from the US,Canada and Europe, prefer fresh unless some health risk or complication like ohss prevents a fresh transfer. I wonder why such a difference...

Unconventional, wow! I never heard before that a government doesn't usually allow freezing embryos. What do the clinics do if they some leftover embryos? And, how many will you be transferring?

Hope your headache is better now and you get no morr side effects.

Geeky,7 frosties! Wow I am must say I impressed. And yes embies are precious and its good to take a cautious approach before another FET. Also it will be nice to give your body some rest.

I might join you in the spring forum soon. Jan-Feb is already behind us and most of our lovely ladies are preggers on this board. Not that I want to leave them ;) but my experience says this board is slowly going to become quite now.

Babydust to all...
TTC#1 since Feb 2016

Hopefulrosey
TTC Queen
TTC Queen

Postby Gem1981 » Mon Mar 05, 2018 4:48 am

unconventional, I was so scared to test on 9dp also! You are v brave :).. just be careful that you test out the HCG trigger shot since yours is a fresh transfer.
Hope you are feeling better now?
Geeky, Hope things are progressing well? Good that you have 7 Frosties ( read it in the other forum.. I keep lurking there.. lol..) wish you all the best!
That’s true Rosey, the approach and regulations are so different!
My second beta on 14dp5dt was 1302. Doc thinks it’s a singleton .. am happy with one healthy beanie!
Fx crossed for all of us!
Gem1981
TTC Princess
TTC Princess

Postby Gem1981 » Mon Mar 05, 2018 5:06 am

Ritu, hope everything is going well.. when is your next scan?
Gem1981
TTC Princess
TTC Princess

PreviousNext

Return to IVF