FET January/ February Buddies

Is in vitro fertilization helping you achieve your dream of parenthood? Discuss IVF, FET, donor egg and surrogacy here!

Moderators: JessM, southernbelle, maddy, unaffected

Re: FET January/ February Buddies

Postby Hopefulrosey » Thu Feb 01, 2018 10:57 am

Tess,I hope so too :) How are you feeling?
TTC#1 since Feb 2016
Me: Rosey, 33, mild endo
DH: 32, 4 SAs. varies between normal to MFI :doh:
IUI #1 Sep'17 - BFN and ended up with 2x 20mm+ cysts
IUI #2 Nov'17 - cancelled. O'd spontaneously on CD10 before trigger
IUI #3 Dec'17 BFN... moving on to IVF in 2018
IVF #1 - ER (16 follies,14 eggs, 7 mature, 3 fertilised), 3d transfer of 3 embies (only 1x 8 cell, 2x 4 cell), no frosties, BFN
Lap Mar'18 - Dx mild endo
IVF #2 - Jul'18 - ER (10 eggs, 5 mature, 5 fertilised), 5d transfer of 2 expanding blasts, 1x frozen, BFN

Aug'18 - Nautural BFP while waiting for FET :D Beta #1 968, Beta #2 12000+, HB: 168

Oct'18 - Officially in 2nd trimester. Can't thank God enough for his blessings
Hopefulrosey
TTC Queen
TTC Queen

Postby Gem1981 » Fri Feb 02, 2018 10:21 am

How is it going Tess
Rosey, I agree with Tess, the physically painful part is over..now hope you are able rest well and recover soon for the more exciting part ! :)
Gem1981
TTC Princess
TTC Princess

Postby Hopefulrosey » Sat Feb 03, 2018 6:20 am

Hi girls! Sorry that I have been a bit quiet. Been a little sad.

Long story short, out of my 14 eggs only 3 made it as embies. It was a setback so took a day to accept. Because of only 3 embies, the RE is now doing a 3day transfer tomorrow morning,instead of his initial plan of a 5day transfer. He thinks my embies will have a better chance in my womb. One the one hand,I am excited. On the other hand, I cannot stop worrying as I was looking forward to a 5day transfer which is believed to have higher implantation rate. I still don't know if he is transferring only 2 as per the initial plan or all three. So many questions and worries are making it hard for me stay calm....

Anyway, I have to have faith in God and leave the outcome to Him.

How are you guys doing? Any updates?

Tess, any progress in hpts?
TTC#1 since Feb 2016
IVF #1 - ER (16 follies,14 eggs, 7 mature, 3 fertilised), 3d transfer of 3 embies (only 1x 8 cell, 2x 4 cell), no frosties, BFN
IVF #2 - Jul'18 - ER (10 eggs, 5 mature, 5 fertilised), 5d transfer of 2 expanding blasts, 1x frozen, BFN

Aug'18 - Nautural BFP while waiting for FET :D Beta #1 968, Beta #2 12000+, HB: 168

Hopefulrosey
TTC Queen
TTC Queen

Postby Tesskcmo » Sat Feb 03, 2018 7:18 am

Rosey, I’m sorry to hear things didn’t turn out as you had hoped. So much of this is out of our hands and it’s difficult dealing with all the unknowns and unexpected outcomes. Will be praying for a successful transfer tomorrow morning!

I’ve been doing ok. I don’t feel really any differently but I’ve noticed I’ve been “ spacier” (is that a word?) than normal. So hopefully that’s a good sign. I go for my beta on Tuesday... so we’ll see.

How’s everyone else doing? Gem, do you have a date yet for your transfer?
Tesskcmo
TTC Princess
TTC Princess

Postby mglupe1979 » Sat Feb 03, 2018 9:38 am

Oh wao rosey i really thought you would have at least have making it to blast. This is shocking. Sorry to ask you this is your clinic in good standing? Meaning the enviroment for culture. Cause this is alarming. I would put all three in. Close my eyes i hope for the best. Remember God is in control.
Tess that is good to here your are feeling ok. No morning sickness as yet?
Will i will be going in on monday morning forlining check depending on that they will schedule for transfer. Im just crossing my fingers that is not for next week Wednesdays valentine day i have a real busy day selling valentine basket and cant travel on that day
mglupe1979
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby Gem1981 » Sat Feb 03, 2018 11:24 am

Rosey, sorry to hear about it.. let’s hope the little embies take! They are the tough ones :)
wish you all the best too Tess! Both of you are in my prayers.
All the best to you too Mglupe!
Gem1981
TTC Princess
TTC Princess

Postby Hopefulrosey » Sat Feb 03, 2018 12:03 pm

Thank you girls.
Last edited by Hopefulrosey on Sat Apr 21, 2018 9:26 am, edited 1 time in total.
TTC#1 since Feb 2016

Hopefulrosey
TTC Queen
TTC Queen

Postby mglupe1979 » Sat Feb 03, 2018 2:28 pm

Let stay positive rosey. Gem said the 3 left are tge tough one. One doc does not trigger until he has them over 20mm because measurement could be of. I my self was showing over 14 and at retrival they only got 7 mature out of the 7 5 reach blast. I was also a little disappointed. Now i dont know what to think after my first transfer of two blast AA and nothing came out of it. Hang in there embies will love there new home. Sticky sticky vibes going your way. Your baby is in one of them.
mglupe1979
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby Gem1981 » Sat Feb 03, 2018 9:05 pm

You are correct mglupe. I was triggered the day after my follicles were 18+, so they must be 21-22+ when actual retrieval happened. ( I was worried if I had ovulated already when I went in for retrieval cause I had all the signs of ovulation the day I took the trigger shot).
Stay positive Rosey :) you only need one!
All the best to you too Mglupe.. mind if I ask is this your first ivf, were you on medication to help the embies stock and is the doc changing your protocol ( don’t know if that’s possible?)
Gem1981
TTC Princess
TTC Princess

Postby Hopefulrosey » Sun Feb 04, 2018 12:15 am

You girls are the best! Thanks for being there for me and giving me encouragement.

So I am home with 3 embies. He said one is looking good, the other 2 not so much. But still transferred all 3 of them to give them a chance. Apparently, there's a school of thought among REs who think mixing average enbroys wth a good one can help the good one implant. Fx

We got some answers. After DH's last sperm analysis turned out to be normal we were put in unexplained infertility. This ivf helped us figure out that might not be the case. He said 7 mature eggs is a good number on its own but what's worrisome is there were 7 immature ones with those (technical term is 'maturation arrest at germinal vesicle stage'). That's not normal, according to him. They expect a few but not so many, esp among onky 14 follies. They had put immature ones in some special incubator to rescue them but they didn't mature. He says causes of this problem are not fully understood. Could be poor reponse to trigger or under stimukation. He is inclined to believe it might be some genetic reason for me because we only got 1 good embroy in the end. He said from 7 mature eggs he would expect more.

Apparently DH's sperm also didn't do well this time as they scored poorly on binding test. In the end they had to fertilise them via icsi.

So girls that's my story for now. For now, I take progesterone baby asprine and another med, and wait until 14 Feb for test. Pray for me while I pray for you.

Lots of love
TTC#1 since Feb 2016

Hopefulrosey
TTC Queen
TTC Queen

Postby geeky_gab » Sun Feb 04, 2018 8:46 am

Good morning ladies, I have been trying to post many times but it seems like my posts did not save :(
Rosey, I am really sorry. As Gem said, it only takes one and we are all thinking of you! I hope you get positive news soon. Were you told when would be a good time to test? Do you have a scheduled blood test?
Gem, mglupe and Tess, how are you?
This week is finally the last one before transfer. I can't wait for my u/s on the 11th, if all is good the transfer should be after that. I am puzzled though that the transfer will be around CD 17 or 18... was that the case for everyone? I guess this makes sense if you are to count in the days after O... on the bright side, no trigger for me this time. But I do worry about the PIO.
I hope everyone is well! Here, it is snowing again! We'll run errands and take the dog out, a calm Sunday.
Take care!
TTC since Dec. 2014 - "unexplained infertility"
Me : 36
DH : 37
IUI #1 - #7 May 2016 - October 2017 BFN
Laparoscopy May 29th 2017, fibroid removed, cyst on fallopian tube removed, stage 1 endo removed.
IVF Antagonist protocol, retrival Dec. 2017
FET Feb 2018 BFN
Hoping for April FET
geeky_gab
TTC Princess
TTC Princess

Postby Gem1981 » Sun Feb 04, 2018 10:37 am

That’s good news Rosey! All the best.
Geeky, my scan ( to check lining thickness) is on 8th feb (cd14).. so cd 17-18 sounds about right since they have to culture my embies for 2 more days (were frozen on day 3 itself)..

Tess, don’t know the final dates,but sometime in the week starting Feb 12. I am going to the doc tomorrow to check on the final dates since I may have to travel from 8th till 11th. So want to know if I come in on 7th feb (CD13) or not for the scan and then come back on cd18 or so for the transfer. Just want to make sure we are not screwing up the chances by messing around with the dates ( for some reason the nurse is always in a hurry to hang up and doesn’t give clear answers over the phone).. all the best for your beta!
Gem1981
TTC Princess
TTC Princess

Postby Ritu2011 » Sun Feb 04, 2018 1:19 pm

Hi Rosey, I know exactly how it feels as I have been through the exact same thing. During my First IVF, they got 10 matured eggs and out of 10 only 2 were fertilized via ICSI. I can’t put my feelings in words when I got that news. They made 3dt of those 2 embies. Luckily one stayed and Now I have a healthy 6 years old boy. So never loose hope. All our prayers are with you.
Ritu2011
BabyDuster
BabyDuster

Postby Tesskcmo » Sun Feb 04, 2018 2:59 pm

I’ve been having trouble posting too.

Rosey, hoping and praying for a good outcome! The ladies are right... never give up hope!!
Tesskcmo
TTC Princess
TTC Princess

Postby Hopefulrosey » Sun Feb 04, 2018 10:02 pm

Thank you Ritu for giving me hope amd sharing your beautiful ending.

Tess, me too. First it logged me out then wont me log in. How are you doing? You are in my thoughts

Geeky, my blood test in on 14 Feb. FX for your US in the 11th. My 3dt was on cd18. But it was a fresh transfer and was exactly 3 days after retrieval / what would have been O. I do remember my RE saying during consulation talk that he prefers doing FETs on natural cycles and align transfers with natural O. I think it very much depends on how ready your lining is to receive the embie. Enjoy the snow:)

Gem, Good luck to you too with the US. Praying that both yours and Geeky's lining look perfect during the check and you can bring your embies home. Gem, a silly question ;) Do you speak Hindi?

Everyone else, if missed you sorry about that. Hope you are doing well

Girls! Was just wondering if we would like to tell a little bit about each other? Like where we are etc? I will start first.

I recently moved to Johannesburg,South Africa for a year because of DH's work. I am originally from Germany. Our home is a small town, very close to the Swiss border. I love cooking and travelling. DH and I have been togather 5 years, 3rd wedding anniversary coming up this month. He is my college sweetheart :)
TTC#1 since Feb 2016

Hopefulrosey
TTC Queen
TTC Queen

PreviousNext

Return to IVF