FET January/ February Buddies

Is in vitro fertilization helping you achieve your dream of parenthood? Discuss IVF, FET, donor egg and surrogacy here!

Moderators: JessM, southernbelle, maddy, unaffected

Re: FET January/ February Buddies

Postby Gem1981 » Mon Feb 05, 2018 2:59 am

Hi Rosey! Went in for an US today instead of Thursday. Lining was 7.3 which was okay - but doc has doubled my dosage of Progynova (2 each thrice a day), and added another vaginal suppository twice a day.. *groan*.
We are due for the next scan on 13 Feb and the transfer should be later that week.
About me: I am from India and am still in India.. though moved cities a few times - I can speak Hindi v well Rosey :). Am 36 yrs. DH 40. Married 7 years ago ( arranged marriage, so knew each other for about 7 yrs itself). Took our time to start our family .. now sometimes feel we should have started trying earlier, but had fun nonetheless.
I work in the financial services sector, love sleeping on the weekends, bit of cooking and traveling.
Gem1981
TTC Princess
TTC Princess

Postby mglupe1979 » Mon Feb 05, 2018 6:51 am

Hi ladies
Feeling a little discourage this morning. I was also at my lining check and after 14 days in 8mg of estrace and .3 of delestrogen my lining is not responding. Mesuring at 3mm. I was in shock this never has happen before. Waiting on the doc instruction. Mostlikely will increase dose another week of medication. Im feeling already this cycle is going to be a bust. I can cancel this take a break and go back at it. I only have 3 embies waithing for me. This dont feel right.
Rosey how are you feeling this am? Make sure you are taking it easy.
Tess any update on beta?
Gem we might be transferring around the same day. Fingers cross this is our month.
mglupe1979
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby Gem1981 » Mon Feb 05, 2018 9:17 am

Hi Mglupe, sorry to hear your lining wasn’t that good. I was on 6 mg Progynova, baby aspirin 75 mg but they have doubled the Progynova from today and added a tablet ‘alivher’ 25mg( vaginal/ oral).. my doc told me they can transfer anytime upto cd45 since embies are frozen and body is in hibernation due to the medication.. so don’t worry if it takes a bit longer :) .. keep at it.. after all we are also fighters to be going through this process! What’s a few more tablets (versus the retrieval injections!) Hey IVF buddy, keep your chin up... hugs and best wishes!
Gem1981
TTC Princess
TTC Princess

Postby mglupe1979 » Mon Feb 05, 2018 12:41 pm

Thanks Gem, i just received a call from Doc i was instructed to stop all the medication and start menupor 75 daily for seven days ultrasound on monday we are going another routh trigger and all. Grrr let see what comes out. I just hope i dont ovulate before transfer. Im feeling much better. Knowing that my body was taking the estrogen more like birth control pills and avoiding my lining to grow. Lets see how fast my folicle grow in 7 days. I think i will be triggering on monday night if my lining gets to 8mm or my folicle reach 20mm which ever reach first. Since we are using tge trigger shot i will not be able to test early like i did the last time fun fun fun. I think i will be transfering around the 20th of feb.
How is everyone else doing?
mglupe1979
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby Gem1981 » Mon Feb 05, 2018 6:56 pm

Good to hear your doc has changed the protocol per your body’s response. All the best Mglupe! All of you are in my prayers!
Tess all the best for your beta.
Geeky, Rosey, hope alls well?
Gem1981
TTC Princess
TTC Princess

Postby Tesskcmo » Mon Feb 05, 2018 7:17 pm

Hey Ladies, I apologize if I’m not keeping up on here. I’m doing my best but there are some personal things unrelated to my transfer which have been stressful lately.

I go for my beta tomorrow morning. I’m going to try to go first thing in the morning bc I’m supposed to babysit a friend’s son.

A little bit about me... I live in the US. I have a 9 yr old son from a previous marriage. The end of that marriage is a long story but my marriage ended before my son was born. My current husband and I struggled with infertility for 3 1/2 years (likely due to severe male factor infertility and severe endo for me). After 4 IUIs and a mc we finally found success with IVF and I now have a vivacious 18 month DD. We were able to freeze some embryos and that leads me to where I am now... 12dp5dt and taking my beta tomorrow. :)

I feel such a mixture of emotions right now but am just trying to take it one day at a time. Wish you all the best!
Tesskcmo
TTC Princess
TTC Princess

Postby Hopefulrosey » Tue Feb 06, 2018 7:58 am

Thanks girls for introducing yourselves. It's good to have some background information while we support each other.

Mglupe, I am sorry that your lining is growing how its supposed to be. But its good that your clinic has a plan. Fx that your follie grows nicely, so.does your lining.

Gem, Happy to hear that your lining is cooperating. Excited for your transfer.

Tess, Sorry that things have been stressful for you lately. I hope the issues have been resolved now. Keeping everything crossed for your beta. Keep us posted.

Àfm, just relaxing and eating more than usual. I didn't get gain weight during stims so I am allowing myself to indulge now. Those 3 little munchkins need to be treated well while they are inside of me ;) All is well otherwise. 2dp3dt so long wait to until 14 Feb.
TTC#1 since Feb 2016
Me: Rosey, 33, mild endo
DH: 32, 4 SAs. varies between normal to MFI :doh:
IUI #1 Sep'17 - BFN and ended up with 2x 20mm+ cysts
IUI #2 Nov'17 - cancelled. O'd spontaneously on CD10 before trigger
IUI #3 Dec'17 BFN... moving on to IVF in 2018
IVF #1 - ER (16 follies,14 eggs, 7 mature, 3 fertilised), 3d transfer of 3 embies (only 1x 8 cell, 2x 4 cell), no frosties, BFN
Lap Mar'18 - Dx mild endo
IVF #2 - Jul'18 - ER (10 eggs, 5 mature, 5 fertilised), 5d transfer of 2 expanding blasts, 1x frozen, BFN

Nautural BFP while waiting for FET :D Beta #1 968, Beta #2 12000+, HB: 168
Hopefulrosey
TTC Queen
TTC Queen

Postby Tesskcmo » Tue Feb 06, 2018 8:57 am

Rosey, are you going to take a hpt or wait till 2/14?!
Tesskcmo
TTC Princess
TTC Princess

Postby Gem1981 » Tue Feb 06, 2018 9:12 am

Thanks Rosey! Have fun and chill.. are you going to make us wait till 14 Feb? :D
Tess, waiting for your results..
Crossed my Fingers and hand and leg and everything else possible ;)
Gem1981
TTC Princess
TTC Princess

Postby Tesskcmo » Tue Feb 06, 2018 9:24 am

Aww!! Thanks Gem! Still waiting... should know soon... hopefully. :)
Tesskcmo
TTC Princess
TTC Princess

Postby Tesskcmo » Tue Feb 06, 2018 12:42 pm

Beta was 1092! They want me to repeat the lab work on Thursday. I’m starting to feel more nauseous the past couple of days so I guess now it makes sense. :)
Tesskcmo
TTC Princess
TTC Princess

Postby Hopefulrosey » Tue Feb 06, 2018 3:40 pm

Tess, wow! Congratulations on your bfp and this amazing number. I am impressed how lucky and blessed you are wrt IVF :) Doing a happy dance for you! You said you transferred only one embie?

For hpt, I am in 2 minds. A part of me wants to start testing tomorrow (3dp3dt) as implantation can happen anytime now. The other part wants to keep the hope of a bfp alive as long as I can. Does anyone know for how long the hcg from the trigger stays in our bodies?
TTC#1 since Feb 2016
Me: Rosey, 33, mild endo
DH: 32, 4 SAs. varies between normal to MFI :doh:
IUI #1 Sep'17 - BFN and ended up with 2x 20mm+ cysts
IUI #2 Nov'17 - cancelled. O'd spontaneously on CD10 before trigger
IUI #3 Dec'17 BFN... moving on to IVF in 2018
IVF #1 - ER (16 follies,14 eggs, 7 mature, 3 fertilised), 3d transfer of 3 embies (only 1x 8 cell, 2x 4 cell), no frosties, BFN
Lap Mar'18 - Dx mild endo
IVF #2 - Jul'18 - ER (10 eggs, 5 mature, 5 fertilised), 5d transfer of 2 expanding blasts, 1x frozen, BFN

Nautural BFP while waiting for FET :D Beta #1 968, Beta #2 12000+, HB: 168
Hopefulrosey
TTC Queen
TTC Queen

Postby Tesskcmo » Tue Feb 06, 2018 3:49 pm

Thanks Rosey! Although I had positive hpts... for some reason I feel in shock that it worked. Feeling very grateful. Yes only one!

I totally understand your hesitancy in taking hpts. I almost regretted it when my first were so faint. But I guess I’m a control freak and felt like I wanted to know before the clinic to prepare myself. Praying all the best for you! Praying your little embie(s) grow and implant!!
Last edited by Tesskcmo on Tue Feb 06, 2018 6:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Tesskcmo
TTC Princess
TTC Princess

Postby Ritu2011 » Tue Feb 06, 2018 6:04 pm

Congrats Tess !!!. That’s an awesome number. Take Care !!!
Ritu2011
BabyDuster
BabyDuster

Postby Gem1981 » Tue Feb 06, 2018 7:26 pm

Congratulations Tess!! Really really happy for you !
Rosey, no pressure (lol).. ! I had read somewhere that 1000 units of trigger stays in the system for about 1 day so 10,000 units trigger takes about ten days or so to clear, but can take a couple of days extra so 14 days is pretty safe. And it’s better to test 2-3 days in a row if it is positive so you can see the line darkening / lightening. Jokes apart, I would also wait for 2-3 extra days to make sure the trigger doesn’t through up a positive HPT. I would drive myself mad worrying otherwise!
Gem1981
TTC Princess
TTC Princess

PreviousNext

Return to IVF