FET January/ February Buddies

Is in vitro fertilization helping you achieve your dream of parenthood? Discuss IVF, FET, donor egg and surrogacy here!

Moderators: JessM, southernbelle, maddy, unaffected

Re: FET January/ February Buddies

Postby Gem1981 » Wed Feb 07, 2018 8:53 am

Ritu2011 wrote:Hi Ladies, I’m a newbie to this website.so here is an intro about myself. I’m going through my FET #1 and my transfer has been scheduled for 13th Feb.IVF fresh cycle this month didn’t workout. I had my son 7 years ago through IVF. So I thought this time also fresh cycle will workout. I was heartbroken when the test came back negative. As of now, I’m on aspirin and estrace. Will start The progesterone oil shots from 8th Feb. That’s it about me.
Congrats Tess!!! . So happy for you... Hope the numbers will be good too..
Good Luck Ladies!!! Let’s hope Feb is our month.

Hi Ritu, sorry to hear about your fresh cycle and for missing your earlier post ! Wish you all the best for your transfer this time. Is this a frozen embryo transfer - 5 day blastocysts ? My transfer should also happen next week - around 15/16 I guess. Will come to know exact dates on Tuesday(12 Feb).
PS: are you from India?
Gem1981
BabyDuster
BabyDuster

Postby geeky_gab » Wed Feb 07, 2018 10:41 am

Hello everyone,
Glad to hear you are well Rosey! Its so important to take care of ourselves during this process! I am glad that all is good for you. We're all hoping and waiting with you!
Gem, where are you at now? If I recall, you have an appointment soon?
mglupe, hope all these changes are for the better!
Tess, what great news! :) :) :) I am so happy for you!
Ritu, I am sorry for your last cycle. Hope this one is your month!

A little about me then, I am from Montreal, Canada and its snowing, again! DH proposed a few weeks after we decided to go into infertility treatments since we both knew it might be quite a test on our relationship.. but we couldn't have known we'd end up here, three years later! He is very supportive. I have a cat and a dog, a crazy beagle, I love them so much, they get all our affection.
I can't wait for the weeks to go by! I am counting the days until the u/s to have news and move on to another step. For you ladies who have done both, should I expect the same from a FET as from an IUI? Do they feel similar? We're you put on leave from work (for a day or a few days)?
Sorry for the super long message! I don't write as often as I wish I could so I cram everything up in one message! lol
TTC since Dec. 2014 - "unexplained infertility"
Me : 36
DH : 37
IUI #1 - #7 May 2016 - October 2017 BFN
Laparoscopy May 29th 2017, fibroid removed, cyst on fallopian tube removed, stage 1 endo removed.
Moving to IVF!
Antagonist protocol, retrival Dec. 2017
Hoping for FET in Jan-Feb 2018
geeky_gab
TTC Princess
TTC Princess

Postby Ritu2011 » Wed Feb 07, 2018 12:51 pm

Gem, Yes it is a Frozen Embryo Transfer cycle. I had a blood work and Ultrasound this morning. Everything looks good so far (lining 11.3 mm. Nurse said anything above 8mm is good) and the FET has been scheduled for 13th (Tuesday). And the fun (Progesterone shots) starts tomorrow. Ouch. They will be transferring a 5 day blastocyst. Hope it sticks this time. DH was not willing to go through this procedure as he felt so bad during my IVF cycle 7 years ago. He thinks it’s too cruel on us, women. It took so long for me to convince him. He strictly said only one more try. So this is my last chance to have baby #2. So I’m a bit nervous. Decided to take off from work for a couple of days after transfer. Let’s see if it helps. And yes I’m from India. Currently living in USA. Moved here 12 years ago.
Ritu2011
Friend

Postby Tesskcmo » Wed Feb 07, 2018 12:59 pm

Ritu it all sounds good for a successful transfer! Praying for it all goes well for you Ritu!
Tesskcmo
TTC Princess
TTC Princess

Postby Hopefulrosey » Wed Feb 07, 2018 2:04 pm

Hello girls!

Gem, thanks for the information on trigger. I guess I will wait for as long as I can before I cave. Honestly I am don't think I will believe hpt no matter if its bfo or bfn. If its a bfn, it will just prolong my misery.

Ritu, I hear you. But it's kind of sweet of your DH to think like that. He really must care for you. Mine was a bit reluctant too when we were first recommended for ivf, though for entirely different reasons. His parents are religious Christians and they somehow are not convinced of this procedure. He took his time but got around eventually as he sees how much I want my own kids.

Happy to hear that you are Indian. Officially I am not Indian but my grandparents migrated from Ahmadabad, India. I look absolutely Indian and also sort of speak the language (cannot read and write the Hindi script). Though my Indian friends tell me what I speak is a bit different from the Hindi language spoken in India today but they get me :)

Geeky, I never thought I will say that... I am jealous that you are having snow. I am here in the middle of South African summer. Good luck with the US. FX for good news.

Mglupe and Tess, warm hugs for you. Hope you are doing well.
TTC#1 since Feb 2016
Me: Rosey, 32, no known issues except early hypothyroidism
DH: 32, 4 SAs. Different results each time

IUI #1 Sep'17 - BFN
IUI #2 Dec'17 BFN... moving on to IVF in 2018
Hopefulrosey
TTC Princess
TTC Princess

Postby mglupe1979 » Wed Feb 07, 2018 3:04 pm

Hi ladies,
Nothing new to report, 3rd day of menopur doing ok. Reading your post ritu 11.5mm lining wao!!! My lining has been acting up with all these medication. I really hope on monday its at least 8mm. At my ultrasound i had 3 folicles 2 at 5mm and one at 6mm i think my doc is just stim with a very low does to let my body go more natural. I hope this will do the trick.
Next week seam to be a more active week for most of us
Good luck ruti, geeky, gem and posibly me on the transfer schedule.
Rosey cant wait to read good new on your test.
A little about me. Im a crusian born in the US Virgin Island. Weather here is just summer. Lol
mglupe1979
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby Gem1981 » Wed Feb 07, 2018 7:01 pm

Hi Ritu, 11.3 is amazing! Good luck for the transfer!
Geeky, haven’t done transfer yet - but have heard it is similar to IUI.. will let the experienced ladies give some insights :)
Rosey, so long as you can communicate, that’s all that matters! Rooting for you!
Tess all the best for your next beta.
Mglupe - hope the new protocol helps a lot. So if there is a FET and your natural ovulation also happens, do you have a chance of twins?
I am off for my extended weekend , so may be MIA for a bit ( don’t think will be able to keep away for long though) but all of you will be in my thoughts!
Gem1981
BabyDuster
BabyDuster

Postby Hopefulrosey » Wed Feb 07, 2018 11:37 pm

Gem, enjoy the long weekend.

Mglupe, Virgin Island.. wow! I have always wanted to live on an Island :) luck you. When do you go for your lining check?
TTC#1 since Feb 2016

IUI #1 Sep'17 - BFN
Hopefulrosey
TTC Princess
TTC Princess

Postby mglupe1979 » Thu Feb 08, 2018 1:28 pm

Gem jajaja funny funny. Lol i tried 9 iui going in with up to 9 folicle and nothing, i dont think this will be an exception ufff would be nice :). Enjoy your long weekend.
Rosey yes its a lovely island. Right now we are in recovery mode since two cat 5 hurricane came through 4 months ago. Its coming along. My folicle/lining check is next monday. Fingures cross i have a folicle ready and my linging at 8mm at least.

Ritu the transfer goes very easy less tgan 30 sec. Then u just lay down for 30min.
mglupe1979
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby Tesskcmo » Thu Feb 08, 2018 4:50 pm

Hey Ladies. Just a quick update from me. My beta was good today so they scheduled me for a 6 week uktrasound. We just found out this morning though that my mother-in-law has a mass in her brain. We don’t know details yet. Suffice to say we are devastated and could really use your prayers. I feel so guilty about being pregnant and that I should be happier right now. Anyways I may or may not still update on here depending on how busy our lives become.

Really hoping and praying for all the success and happiness to you all!
Tesskcmo
TTC Princess
TTC Princess

Postby Gem1981 » Thu Feb 08, 2018 5:06 pm

So sorry to hear about that Tess. Hope it turns out to be nothing serious. Please take care (and don’t feel guilty!) praying for your Mom in Law and for a healthy 9 month pregnancy!
We will miss you here! Do keep us posted about your scan if you get the time!
Gem1981
BabyDuster
BabyDuster

Postby Hopefulrosey » Thu Feb 08, 2018 9:35 pm

Tess sorry about your mother in law. Praying that it's nothing to worry about and she lives a long healthy life.

Happy and healthy 9 months to you. If you get time and feel like giving us an update, we will be here. Bestest wishes
TTC#1 since Feb 2016

IUI #1 Sep'17 - BFN
Hopefulrosey
TTC Princess
TTC Princess

Postby Ritu2011 » Fri Feb 09, 2018 6:27 am

Hi Tess,
Sorry to hear that. We will definitely keep you and your family in our prayers. Don't panic. Take Care and keep us posted whenever you can. :praying:
Ritu2011
Friend

Postby Hopefulrosey » Mon Feb 12, 2018 10:32 am

Hello girls! A bit quiet here these days. What's up with everyone?

Afm, not much going on, just waiting for the 14th. Blood test day.I almost went to the pharmacy to buy hpt today. Then stopped myself. When I waited so long why not another day.
TTC#1 since Feb 2016

IUI #1 Sep'17 - BFN
Hopefulrosey
TTC Princess
TTC Princess

Postby Gem1981 » Mon Feb 12, 2018 11:06 am

All the best Rosey! Waiting for good news.
Just returned from my vacation - I need another vacation to recover from this one lol..
Heading to the doctor tomorrow for the lining check and to get the dates for the potential FET.
Mglupe, Geeky, when are your next appointments?
Ritu, all the best to you for 13th!
Tess, I hope things are well at your end and your Mom in law’s.
Gem1981
BabyDuster
BabyDuster

PreviousNext

Return to IVF