First time IVF-er

Is in vitro fertilization helping you achieve your dream of parenthood? Discuss IVF, FET, donor egg and surrogacy here!

Moderators: JessM, southernbelle, maddy, unaffected

Re: First time IVF-er

Postby Hopefulrosey » Sun Feb 25, 2018 5:34 am

Sorry that AF is playing tricks. Never thought that I will say that to any ttc'er.. But hopefully she comes soon so that you can start your new cycle soon..
TTC#1 since Feb 2016
Me: Rosey, 33, mild endo
DH: 32, 4 SAs. varies between normal to MFI :doh:
IUI #1 Sep'17 - BFN and ended up with 2x 20mm+ cysts
IUI #2 Nov'17 - cancelled. O'd spontaneously on CD10 before trigger
IUI #3 Dec'17 BFN... moving on to IVF in 2018
IVF #1 - ER (16 follies,14 eggs, 7 mature, 3 fertilised), 3d transfer of 3 embies (only 1x 8 cell, 2x 4 cell), no frosties, BFN
Lap Mar'18 - Dx mild endo
IVF #2 - Jul'18 - ER (10 eggs, 5 mature, 5 fertilised), 5d transfer of 2 expanding blasts, 1x frozen, BFN

Aug'18 - Nautural BFP while waiting for FET :D Beta #1 968, Beta #2 12000+, HB: 168

Oct'18 - Officially in 2nd trimester. Can't thank God enough for his blessings
Hopefulrosey
TTC Queen
TTC Queen

Postby Shaqs123 » Mon Feb 26, 2018 1:14 pm

Your story is very inspiring and full of love! I wish you all the best! And I know that God had a special plan for the two of you. Good luck on this journey :)
Shaqs123
Friend

Postby Unconventional tale » Tue Feb 27, 2018 1:00 am

Shaqs123 wrote:Your story is very inspiring and full of love! I wish you all the best! And I know that God had a special plan for the two of you. Good luck on this journey :)

Thank you @Shaqs123 :)
Unconventional tale
BabyDuster
BabyDuster

Postby Unconventional tale » Tue Feb 27, 2018 1:12 am

Thank you @hopefulrosey. AF has finally graced me with her presence. I will be going in for my baseline ultrasound tomorrow morning and will be starting stims as well! Wish me luck!
Unconventional tale
BabyDuster
BabyDuster

Postby mimimama » Wed Feb 28, 2018 12:19 pm

@Unconventional tale - good luck with yr journey
Me 31, DH 40. TTC 5 years. Unexplained infertility.
December 2015- IVF #1 BFN
May/June 2016- new doctor, IVF consultation in Gdansk Poland
October 2016- IVF #2 Invicta BFP!!!
mimimama
TTC Princess
TTC Princess

Postby Unconventional tale » Thu Mar 01, 2018 2:46 am

Thank you mimimama :)
Unconventional tale
BabyDuster
BabyDuster

Postby @whenmytruerainbow » Thu Apr 19, 2018 2:06 am

I'm praying your story is with happy end, dear. Though this path is so draining..
Two failed fresh ivf cycles with own egg have already been listed to my infertility struggles. Two lapos made with no actual positive effect. I'm 40, no spring chick..Suffering endo & pcos. Our next step - egg donation.
May God bless all lovelies here with their little ones!!
@whenmytruerainbow
TTC Princess
TTC Princess

Postby Unconventional tale » Thu Apr 19, 2018 2:36 am

Thank you, unfortunately we weren't successful with out first ivf as it resulted in a chemical pregnancy. But it isn't the end and we will hopefully be starting our next ivf cycle at the end of may. Good luck to you on your journey
Unconventional tale
BabyDuster
BabyDuster

Postby anayahill » Fri May 11, 2018 11:49 am

I'm glad to know your success story. Thank you so much for sharing it with us. A lot of women on this forum need encouragement. And by reading your post, I'm sure they'll be inspired. Surrogacy is definitely a blessing in disguise. I really love the concept of surrogacy. The invention of these modern methods of having a baby has really made our lives easier. Not only infertile couples but also the different types of couples are being benefitted by this process. Afterall, everyone has the right to become a parent. I also had my son through a surrogacy process from Ukraine. It was the most satisfying time of my life. I can never forget the feeling when I first took him in my arms. It was priceless. People should really consider surrogacy. Everyone deserves to be happy! Much love.xx
anayahill
Friend

Postby Emilykingston » Fri May 18, 2018 9:21 am

I dont know what to say. I mean I am speechless. This kind of love is very rare these days. I am so overwhelmed reading your story. The way both of you managed everything. Indeed love and friendship can help you overcome any obstacle. Now, I am glad you guys can still have a family. All thanks to the medical advancements. If it wasn't for these procedures like IVF, IUI, and surrogacy, many couples would have been childless today. Make sure you consult a good clinic. Also, look out for clinics that offer multiple attempts in the same money. It will save you an arm and a leg. Other than this be happy and stress-free. You will overcome this obstacle as well. More power and baby dust your way.
Emilykingston

Postby Alana90 » Fri May 18, 2018 9:50 am

That's amazing to know how much you guys love each other. And support in all the odds. There might be many twists and turns in life but we got to support each other and have a balanced relationship.
I am glad that you both are doing that beautifully. Sorry to hear about all the circumstances you had.
IVF might be a great option for you, Just kept on going.
BTW that was something a big fairy tale, At first, I was about to scroll down but I am glad that I read that out.
Much positivity to you both.XX
Alana90

Postby pitjulie19 » Fri May 18, 2018 11:12 am

Unconventional tale wrote:Hello everyone,

This post is a very hard and personal story but after reading many of the stories here it's given me alot of courage to share my own.

Let me start at the beginning. My husband and I were best friends before we were anything else from the age of 17. Over time my feelings for him began to change and I slowly started to fall in love with him. I'd like to say we got our happily ever after easily but it came with a lot of ups and downs and will they or won't they or is it a one sided love. Till eventually 9 years later we realised we both loved each other and he proposed. 10 months later we were married and it was one of the best days of my life where I thought we would have this story book marriage and all our dreams would be coming true.

My husband and I both decided to wait till marriage to be intimate with each other.I did get my period on the day of my wedding (I would blame it on the stress of planning a wedding) so I didn't get the magical wedding night that everyone talks about. Cut to our honeymoon where my period was over but realised my husband was very withdrawn and still wasn't interested in being intimate. After questioning him about it one day we did try but due to it being both of our first time we didn't do a very good job of it. Sadly that was the first and last time we tried.

We started therapy and my husband informed me that the reason he was unable to be intimate with me was because as a child he was sexually abused multiple times and therefore the idea of sex was very difficult for him.

I love my husband more than anything in the world and decided that this is an obstacle that we can overcome together. We have been married almost 5 years and unfortunately are still unable to be intimate with each other. The therapy has helped us in the sense that we have never loved each other more and are completely committed to each other and want to spend our lives together regardless of the fact that we could be in a sexless marriage for the rest of our lives.

Fast forward to the present where we have decided that we want to start a family together. After research online we looked at IUI. I visited my gynae who informed me that regardless if I was having sex or not my hymen would have to be surgically broken due to me having a septate hymen (basically 2 holes instead of one making it impossible to have sex - could explain why the first time trying to have sex didn't work).

So after surgically being unvirginized my husband and I went to the fertility clinic to discuss IUI and explaining our situation. We had to do some basic fertility tests to check if everything was ok since we had never technically tried to conceive before. The results came out that my husband has a 2% morphology problem and I had a low egg reserve and irregular ovulation or weak ovulation. We were told that our best option would be IVF or more specifically ICSI.

So here we are in the process of starting our first IVF cycle. We are both very nervous but extremely hopeful and trying to remain positive. We should be starting our cycle within the next few days.

Thank you for taking the time to hear my story. I wish you all the best of luck on your journey to your BFP and bundle of joy.

Hello! Julie here. I hope you will be fine.
I just read your case and become very sad to know your problem. It is the part of life. These are the situation that makes a man stronger. No one can feel the situation you are walking through right now.
I think IVF is the best option for such condition. You should look for the clinics abroad. In European countries, IVF is not so expensive. Their staff is very supportive and they look after to their patients carefully. I have seen some cases who adopted this method to conceive. I think you should also consult with your gynecologist regarding this situation. May your wishes be fulfilled.
All my sympathies are with you.
All the best
pitjulie19

Postby pitjulie19 » Fri May 18, 2018 11:31 am

Hello! Julie here. I hope you will be fine.
I just read your case and become very sad to know your problem. It is the part of life. These are the situation that makes a man stronger. No one can feel the situation you are walking through right now.
I think IVF is the best option for such condition. You should look for the clinics abroad. In European countries, IVF is not so expensive. Their staff is very supportive and they look after to their patients carefully. I have seen some cases who adopted this method to conceive. I think you should also consult with your gynecologist regarding this situation. May your wishes be fulfilled.
All my sympathies are with you.
All the best
pitjulie19

Postby cindywoolfe » Sat May 19, 2018 5:15 am

Hey there. Wow, what a story. I really hope this IVF cycle works for you guys. I'm sure both of you are really excited AND nervous. It's okay to be feeling some nerves. I'm sure it'll be fine. Good luck!
cindywoolfe
BabyDuster
BabyDuster

Postby Hpusateri » Thu May 24, 2018 6:29 am

Unconventional tale wrote:Thank you, unfortunately we weren't successful with out first ivf as it resulted in a chemical pregnancy. But it isn't the end and we will hopefully be starting our next ivf cycle at the end of may. Good luck to you on your journey

Have you started the next cycle?
Me 34 DH 35
Initially both F/M factors
1/31/18: unsuccessful HSG
2/21/18: Hysteroscopy, polypectomy, and D&C
3/7/2018: successful HSG
now just severe male factor
6/6/2018 ER
21 eggs collected, 13 mature, only 1 fertilized :?
Eggie frozen 6/12/2018
FET 8/7/2018
Beta #1 8/17/2018 (couldn't wait 2 weeks :wink: ): 469
Beta #2 8/21/2018: 3454
9/7/2018: 7 week u/s, HB 157
Hpusateri
BabyDuster
BabyDuster

PreviousNext

Return to IVF