First time IVF-er

Is in vitro fertilization helping you achieve your dream of parenthood? Discuss IVF, FET, donor egg and surrogacy here!

Moderators: JessM, southernbelle, maddy, unaffected

Re: First time IVF-er

Postby Dakota1 » Wed Aug 29, 2018 5:09 am

Wow, I am so astonished. You are so strong let me tell you. I do not know if I would have been this strong.
IVF is an amazing option. Having children would have been impossible for couples facing infertility without this. Just stay strong and positive. It can take time for some. But mostly, if you can carry to term, it will be fruitful. We had been through IVF. It did not work out. It was a bit disappointing, but at times there are other things planned for us.
Now we are going for surrogacy. There are a lot of clinics all over, where it is legalized. East Europe has become a hub for surrogacy clinics. Countless couples going there to fulfill their dreams of completing their families. We are planning to go for it. I hope the best for you and myself.
Dakota1
Friend

Postby Sarahx » Wed Aug 29, 2018 5:15 am

Thanks for sharing beautiful story.I am also infertile but me and my want baby.But can not born baby.
My husband and I married young. And both of us are child loving so we decided to conceive baby soon after marriage. But we hadn't any idea what's gonna happen to us, one day i was on the way home. Suddenly a loaded truck came and hit me terribly. Physically i survived, but when doctor revealed that my womb affected very badly. It was a tragedy for us. was screaming in hospital .Not being able to get pregnant is very frustrating and alarming for me because I always assumed get married and have kids. But my infertility broke me internally. I'm feeling like isolated because of my infertility.
Your story really encourage me and after this i am ready for for surrogacy.I hope everythig go in right way.
Sarahx
Friend

Postby Penka » Sun Sep 30, 2018 12:59 pm

Its been more than 10 years that I am trying to conceive. There is no such issue that I am infertile. I went through proper tests at different clinics. But the doctors can't even find the reason behind my infertility, That is why now we have decided to go for surrogacy. I wish you friend very good luck for her next cycles. I also tried IVF several times but it didn't turn into a success for me. Also tried IUI but failed at IUI too. So I decided to go for surrogacy to have a baby. I live in Bulgaria. In Bulgaria surrogacy is not allowed. So I and my husband will soon move to some other country for surrogacy. We have heard Ukraine is very popular in this aspect. There are a number of clinics in Ukraine regarding surrogacy. My husband will soon take a break from his work and we will move to Ukraine.
Wish you very good luck again.
Penka
Friend

Postby beckybenson » Fri Oct 19, 2018 11:24 am

Hey! Glad you shared your story here. I loved reading it. I like that you and your husband are trying to focus on the brighter side. Just be prepared for everything in order to avoid disappointment. You might not conceive right after your first transfer and that's okay. Sometimes it takes more than a couple of them for people to finally conceive. A friend of mine didn't even have any major issues. The embryos were perfect too. She still couldn't conceive after the first transfer. She had lost hope but we didn't. She conceived after her second transfer. Her doctor had suggested they do one embryo at a time. Anyway, I hope you get pregnant soon. Good luck.
beckybenson
BabyDuster
BabyDuster

Postby hannahdavid » Fri Nov 23, 2018 12:38 am

It is nice to know that you and husband have established such a strong bond. This is the kind of relationship that every couple should have. Things are complicated in everyone's life however, you have to be strong. I think opting for IVF is a really good decision. I hope it will help you guys. Just make sure the clinic you visit is operating at a high success rate. The doctor should be experienced as well. This is something I have learned from my own experience. Previously the doctors I have been visiting they all couldn't carry out my process. All the cycles failed for me. However, now I am visiting a new clinic which is better. I am hoping they will be able to help us. They do seem very promising. The best part is that they offer a guarantee program! This will ensure that the treatment works.
-Low AMH and High FSH
-Poor Ovarian Reserve
-5 IUIs (failed)
-1 IVF (failed)
Life is a total mess
hannahdavid
TTC Queen
TTC Queen

Postby AlyssaMiller » Wed Dec 12, 2018 4:43 am

Hey there! I m so happy to see how much you and your husband are dedicated towards each other. You both deserve a great family. So you are starting your first IVF cycle, IVF is a great treatment for infertile couples. For most people it takes 2-3 cycles to make it successful. It's always good to try 3 cycles of IVF to be sure. But for some people it even works on the first cycle. It really depends on your condition. The clinics play an important role in this so it's important that you are opting for a clinic with high success rate. I m having my surrogacy at this clinic abroad. They are great at their job. If you are looking for a good clinic then this one is the right clinic for you. The packages are very affordable too so you don't even have to worry about that. Stay blessed! Good Luck!
AlyssaMiller

Postby EstrellaS » Wed Dec 12, 2018 9:34 am

Hello, there! What an unbelievable story! You people have been through, quite a lot! I was hooked. Good luck to you on this journey. I'm glad you guys are so positive. Sending my best wishes and baby dust for you.
EstrellaS
BabyDuster
BabyDuster

Postby AmySmith » Mon Dec 17, 2018 6:00 am

What a lovely story. You guys deserve all the luck. There's nothing to worry about regarding IVF. It seems like a scary procedure. But, it really isn't. All they do is, boost your chances of getting pregnant. They do this by fertilizing your eggs with the sperm in a lab instead of inside the body. It has a higher chance of working out. The rest of the procedure is the normal one. Good luck to both of you. Sending lots of love and baby dust. You guys can do this! Keep us updated, please. I would love to hear more about how it goes. Thank you so much.
AmySmith
BabyDuster
BabyDuster

Postby @whenmytruerainbow » Mon Dec 17, 2018 6:13 am

AmySmith wrote:What a lovely story. You guys deserve all the luck. There's nothing to worry about regarding IVF. It seems like a scary procedure. But, it really isn't. All they do is, boost your chances of getting pregnant. They do this by fertilizing your eggs with the sperm in a lab instead of inside the body. It has a higher chance of working out. The rest of the procedure is the normal one. Good luck to both of you. Sending lots of love and baby dust. You guys can do this! Keep us updated, please. I would love to hear more about how it goes. Thank you so much.

I've been there too. I'm 40 yrs oldie. DX - pcos & endo. Our first ever fertility expert adviced doing lapos. we did 2 - both seems brought no actual results. We ttc for 2 yrs, my left ovary removed with lapo. Tried 2 fresh cycles with OE. 10 fertilized - it was a mix of embies quality. both shots failed. Our new Dr felt no good about using own egg further. She strongly recommended looking onto donor egg. which we followed, though couldn't get there for quite a period of time. Donor eggs brought us success after the very first shot. After my recent ET (DE IVF shot) my clinic told me to continue life as normal. So that is exactly what I did. Continued with work. Granted I have a desk job. And continued with exercising including yoga. Although carefully due to possibility of twisted ovaries. The only thing I did differently was eat a whole pineapple over the first few days. Also did a daily fertility meditation from youtube. I was lucky enough to get my BFP that validates this approach I think :D
@whenmytruerainbow
TTC Princess
TTC Princess

Postby @whenmytruerainbow » Mon Dec 17, 2018 6:19 am

Dakota1 wrote:Wow, I am so astonished. You are so strong let me tell you. I do not know if I would have been this strong.
IVF is an amazing option. Having children would have been impossible for couples facing infertility without this. Just stay strong and positive. It can take time for some. But mostly, if you can carry to term, it will be fruitful. We had been through IVF. It did not work out. It was a bit disappointing, but at times there are other things planned for us.
Now we are going for surrogacy. There are a lot of clinics all over, where it is legalized. East Europe has become a hub for surrogacy clinics. Countless couples going there to fulfill their dreams of completing their families. We are planning to go for it. I hope the best for you and myself.

The worst part of the treatments for me were Injectibles. :oops: Also all things connected were never easy. I used Menopur and Gonal-F in my OE IVF cycle and I did not have any side effects. I only felt poorly as my eggs were growing because it was painful. I did stimulate very fast, only 8 days, and was high risk for hyperstimulation. My abdominal area became quite bloated and very tender, but again this was just the eggs growing. As I neared my egg retrieval I couldn’t even sleep on my side. because it pulled on my ovaries too much. And my doctor wouldn’t let me do much activity for fear of twisting my heavy ovaries. Menopur can burn going in. I just injected it super slow, and I didn’t feel a thing. Gonal-F for me was in a pen form but was easy to use. I was a bit emotional during the stimulation process but I don’t know if that was a side effect of medications or just the stress of the reality that I was actually going through the process..
@whenmytruerainbow
TTC Princess
TTC Princess

Postby Xenia » Mon Dec 24, 2018 4:20 am

This is quite a beautiful story! Good luck to you guys on this journey. My prayers are with you. I hope everything runs along smoothly! There's nothing to worry about. IVF is a really safe procedure. May it bring you the happiness you deserve!
Xenia
BabyDuster
BabyDuster

Postby mimimama » Wed Dec 26, 2018 8:12 am

IVF is a really safe

agreed, and has high success rates if is done at a reliable clinic
Me 31, DH 40. TTC 5 years. Unexplained infertility.
December 2015- IVF #1 BFN
May/June 2016- new doctor, IVF consultation in Gdansk Poland
October 2016- IVF #2 Invicta BFP!!!
July 2017 - our daughter M arrived, we are so happy
mimimama
TTC Princess
TTC Princess

Postby PatriciaLee » Thu Jan 03, 2019 5:08 pm

Hi! I m glad to see that you guys are not giving up and opting for assisted conception. It's good to see that you both are very committed to each other. You both are lucky to have each other. So you are going for IVF. IVF is really one of the most common treatment nowadays for infertility. I have also recently started my treatment at this clinic abroad. The clinic's success rate is quite high and my sister also had her surrogacy here so I m quite positive about my treatment. You both need to do some research first and find a good clinic for yourself. The clinic can really affect your chances of success. I hope you both get all the happiness of this world. You are a beautiful couple, tbh the baby will be lucky to have you as his parents. Good Luck. Stay blessed.
PatriciaLee

Postby hannahdavid » Sat Feb 23, 2019 5:19 am

I hope things go well for you. Just know that you choose the right clinic for the process. When I first time visited a clinic I didn't know about this. I made a huge mistake at that time. None of my procedures worked with them. I had a very hard time. All the IUI cycles and the IVF cycles failed. We then decided to take a break. During the break, I met with a friend who really made me understand the importance of a good clinic. I then researched and visited the clinic I am currently visiting. With them, things went really well. They are doing such an amazing job. Everything is properly managed! The doctors are also experienced. They know what they are doing.
-Low AMH and High FSH
-Poor Ovarian Reserve
-5 IUIs (failed)
-1 IVF (failed)
Life is a total mess
hannahdavid
TTC Queen
TTC Queen

Previous

Return to IVF