Failed IVF - What to expect from first cycle?

Is in vitro fertilization helping you achieve your dream of parenthood? Discuss IVF, FET, donor egg and surrogacy here!

Moderators: JessM, southernbelle, maddy, unaffected

Failed IVF - What to expect from first cycle?

Postby Hopefulrosey » Sat Feb 24, 2018 2:26 pm

Hi girls,

My first attempt at ivf didn't work. Fresh transfer = BFN and no frosties. AF arrived right on time and I am at cd11 today. But I am quite confused what to expect from this cycle.

Anyone who experienced a failed ivf? Was your first cycle the usual length or AF was late? Did you O?

Thanks a lot in advance
TTC#1 since Feb 2016
Me: Rosey, 33, mild endo
DH: 32, 4 SAs. varies between normal to MFI :doh:
IUI #1 Sep'17 - BFN and ended up with 2x 20mm+ cysts
IUI #2 Nov'17 - cancelled. O'd spontaneously on CD10 before trigger
IUI #3 Dec'17 BFN... moving on to IVF in 2018
IVF #1 - ER (16 follies,14 eggs, 7 mature, 3 fertilised), 3d transfer of 3 embies (only 1x 8 cell, 2x 4 cell), no frosties, BFN
Lap Mar'18 - Dx mild endo
IVF #2 - Jul'18 - ER (10 eggs, 5 mature, 5 fertilised), 5d transfer of 2 expanding blasts, 1x frozen, BFN
Hopefulrosey
TTC Queen
TTC Queen

Re: Failed IVF - What to expect from first cycle?

Postby Danaa » Sat Feb 24, 2018 7:57 pm

The first cycle after my Ivf with no transfer just the retrieval was a bit longer than usual for me but that’s have to do with the trigger shot I used.You still have the stim drugs in your system and that will help with ovulation,each time I used GonalF or Menopur the cycle after I had a strong ovulation.My period was normal.That is about all I can remember.Hope it helps.
My Ovulation Chart
Me 29
DH 31
After 3 years in which we tried everything we are doing IVF in Greece with Iakentro Athens.
Short Protocol with Bemfola and Cetrotide
19mature eggs and we have 9 day5 blasto.
FET#1 ended in a very early loss,chemical pregnancy.
FET#2 ended in a loss at 22w due to IC,my boys will be forever in my heart .
FET#3 MMC at the 10 weeks ultrasound.
FET#4 2018
Danaa
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby Hopefulrosey » Sun Feb 25, 2018 8:12 am

Thank you, Danaa. So far I am not feeling O. Except bloating so maybe I'm in for delayed O.

Interesting that you mentioned stims still being in my system and helping with O. That thought didn't cross my mind. Now, I hope and pray that I release a super quality egg and we catch it!! Wishful thinking has no limits ;)
TTC#1 since Feb 2016
IVF #1 - ER (16 follies,14 eggs, 7 mature, 3 fertilised), 3d transfer of 3 embies (only 1x 8 cell, 2x 4 cell), no frosties, BFN
IVF #2 - Jul'18 - ER (10 eggs, 5 mature, 5 fertilised), 5d transfer of 2 expanding blasts, 1x frozen, BFN
Hopefulrosey
TTC Queen
TTC Queen

Postby Danaa » Sun Feb 25, 2018 12:00 pm

Exactly!!Stay positive and catch that egg!!
My Ovulation Chart
Me 29
DH 31
After 3 years in which we tried everything we are doing IVF in Greece with Iakentro Athens.
Short Protocol with Bemfola and Cetrotide
19mature eggs and we have 9 day5 blasto.
FET#1 ended in a very early loss,chemical pregnancy.
FET#2 ended in a loss at 22w due to IC,my boys will be forever in my heart .
FET#3 MMC at the 10 weeks ultrasound.
FET#4 2018
Danaa
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby Alana90 » Mon Mar 26, 2018 11:40 am

Hey!
Not to be worried, many individuals often have unsuccessful first IVF cycle. There is nothing much to be worried about. The doctor might advise you to go for second IVF cycle.
But I would suggest you take a week rest as you might overcome the failure and make a physical and emotional adjustment to start the second cycle.
Or you might make possible abetments either of changing consultant or clinic.
My friend had her first IVF failed. She was also quite depressed with the life. Doctor make her rest for about two weeks. And after she had her second cycle she was not sure either it would be successful or not. But she was able to conceive.
You must not lose your hope so early. Miracles happen each day. Get yourself the best fertility clinic and get it done soon.
Good luck.
Hope to hear good soon.
Alana90

Postby Hopefulrosey » Mon Mar 26, 2018 11:50 pm

Thank you, Alana,for the post. I guess I am going to stick with my doctor; ) He is the best and I trust him. Will surely not consider one of the Ukrainian ones ;)
TTC#1 since Feb 2016
Hopefulrosey
TTC Queen
TTC Queen

Postby @whenmytruerainbow » Wed Mar 28, 2018 6:56 am

We experienced 2 failed fresh ivf cycles. :( Found ourselves on egg donation track so far.
Each time AF arrived differently. I guess meds mixed up much with my cycle. And more severe cramping..
We're about to start ivf shot with donor egg overseas.
Sorry for your failed cycle. May the next one bring you luck. Babydust to all struggling!!
@whenmytruerainbow
TTC Princess
TTC Princess

Postby cindywoolfe » Sat May 19, 2018 5:10 am

Hey there. I hope you're doing well. The first cycle almost rarely works. Actually, it worked, for my friend. It could've been because she had donor eggs. Could you try that too? Hopefully, it works for you, in the next one!
cindywoolfe
BabyDuster
BabyDuster

Postby Hopefulrosey » Sun May 20, 2018 4:44 pm

Thanks Cindy for the post. If it ever came to that, we will hopefully first try to adopt a baby who is already in this world and looking for a home... instead of going down the route of donor eggs or surrogacy. I think everyone should first consider adoption if their situation allows.
TTC#1 since Feb 2016
Hopefulrosey
TTC Queen
TTC Queen

Postby Kendell bling » Mon Jun 04, 2018 10:50 am

I am about to start my cycle. I am scared reading this though. Does it happen frequently? I was told that the IVF success rate is high. I am not sure if I will go for it now. I am pretty much scared with all these posts. I don't know what to do now.
Kendell bling

Postby hellen03 » Wed Jun 06, 2018 6:53 am

I am going to start my cycle soon. I am very shocked while reading it. Does it really happen? My friend told me that success is definite in IVF. It really confused me. I'm thinking of moving towards some other treatment. If anyone could suggest me the appropriate one?
hellen03

Postby sidneywhite » Mon Jun 11, 2018 12:39 pm

Hopefulrosey wrote:Hi girls,

My first attempt at ivf didn't work. Fresh transfer = BFN and no frosties. AF arrived right on time and I am at cd11 today. But I am quite confused what to expect from this cycle.

Anyone who experienced a failed ivf? Was your first cycle the usual length or AF was late? Did you O?

Thanks a lot in advance

Hey there, how are you? How you are doing fine. Sorry to hear about your loss. IVF success rate is very low. I have read IVF success rate is below 50%. The success rate decrease if the age is greater than 33 years. Why you chose it? As far as i know IVF is very painful as well as expensive. I think surrogacy is better than IVF. I am an infertile. My husband and i chose surrogacy over IVF. We went Ukraine for the treatment. Surrogacy was successful. Now we are living happily with the child. I hope you will make the right decision. Hope to hear good news from you soon. Good luck
sidneywhite
Friend

Postby Hpusateri » Thu Jun 14, 2018 10:58 am

sidneywhite wrote:
Hopefulrosey wrote:Hi girls,

Thanks a lot in advance

Hey there, how are you? How you are doing fine. Sorry to hear about your loss. IVF success rate is very low. I have read IVF success rate is below 50%. The success rate decrease if the age is greater than 33 years. Why you chose it? As far as i know IVF is very painful as well as expensive. I think surrogacy is better than IVF. I am an infertile. My husband and i chose surrogacy over IVF. We went Ukraine for the treatment. Surrogacy was successful. Now we are living happily with the child. I hope you will make the right decision. Hope to hear good news from you soon. Good luck

Hi Sidney - Actually, IVF success rate is pretty high, upwards of about 70% from what I have read. But ultimately it really depends on your situation.

Hopeful Rosey - Hang in there. May I ask why they chose to put all 3 embies in and not freeze any? I just had my ER last week and they pulled 21 eggs, 13 were mature, and only 1 fertilized correctly, not because IVF success is low, but because DH has terrible sperm. We are doing our only frostie transfer in 6-8 weeks (no FT was attempted, my estrogen level was too high). But, don't give up hope, it is in your name after all!
Me 34 DH 35
Initially both F/M factors
1/31/18: unsuccessful HSG
2/21/18: Hysteroscopy, polypectomy, and D&C
3/7/2018: successful HSG
now just severe male factor
6/6/2018 ER
21 eggs collected, 13 mature, only 1 fertilized :?
Eggie frozen 6/12/2018
FET 8/7/2018
Beta #1 8/17/2018 (couldn't wait 2 weeks :wink: ): 469
Beta #2 8/21/2018: 3454
9/7/2018: 7 week u/s, HB 157
Hpusateri
BabyDuster
BabyDuster

Postby @whenmytruerainbow » Fri Jun 15, 2018 2:00 am

Kendell bling wrote:I am about to start my cycle. I am scared reading this though. Does it happen frequently? I was told that the IVF success rate is high. I am not sure if I will go for it now. I am pretty much scared with all these posts. I don't know what to do now.

Keep calm, honey. We all are so different, our bodies react differently to the treatments. Some get luck from the 1st shot. Others need more. Unfortunately this happens. The thing you can do is to make the right choice with the fertility clinic. Try to evaluate all the pros & cons. Look for the ones with high success rates first. Then for good prices as it might take more than just one att you see. Look for clinics where services and prices are well balanced. We've recently been through de ivf successful cycle. I know it makes change when talking about using donor as she always tends to be pefectly healthy with her beautiful high quality eggs. But unless yours are good enough for the ivf you do have high chances. So I may share some experience with you if needed. Please feel free to pm me. I'm sure you're on the right way. All the best.
@whenmytruerainbow
TTC Princess
TTC Princess

Postby shenny12 » Mon Jul 30, 2018 6:18 am

Much respect to you for sharing this data. I am so excited for eighteenth and nineteenth August. I think I am lucky. My friend and I have chosen to visit this gathering also. I have searched such a large number of good surveys about them. I have such a significant number of questions at the top of the priority list that I need to inquire. Best of all, in this meeting, we can approach them to register us in the program. I find that so perfect. I am additionally going to take my records with me. Simply in case, these are required. I hope everything goes well. I am extremely happy about meeting them. Best of luck to every other person too. I really recommend everyone to join the seminar at biotexcom clinic. I am confident that this will be the best experience for patents of infertility. Bet of luck to all infertile ladies here.
shenny12

Next

Return to IVF