Failed IVF - What to expect from first cycle?

Is in vitro fertilization helping you achieve your dream of parenthood? Discuss IVF, FET, donor egg and surrogacy here!

Moderators: JessM, southernbelle, maddy, unaffected

Re: Failed IVF - What to expect from first cycle?

Postby mimimama » Thu Aug 02, 2018 8:43 am

I came across this article, and thought it might be helpful for someone
Me 31, DH 40. TTC 5 years. Unexplained infertility.
December 2015- IVF #1 BFN
May/June 2016- new doctor, IVF consultation in Gdansk Poland
October 2016- IVF #2 Invicta BFP!!!
mimimama
BabyDuster
BabyDuster

Postby Hopefulrosey » Mon Aug 20, 2018 1:11 pm

Danaa / any other moderator! Please can you guys delete this thread. I created it to get help but now it seems to have become a house of spam. For some reason I am not able to delete it. Please help or tell me how to delete it.

TIA
TTC#1 since Feb 2016
Me: Rosey, 33, mild endo
DH: 32, 4 SAs. varies between normal to MFI :doh:
IUI #1 Sep'17 - BFN and ended up with 2x 20mm+ cysts
IUI #2 Nov'17 - cancelled. O'd spontaneously on CD10 before trigger
IUI #3 Dec'17 BFN... moving on to IVF in 2018
IVF #1 - ER (16 follies,14 eggs, 7 mature, 3 fertilised), 3d transfer of 3 embies (only 1x 8 cell, 2x 4 cell), no frosties, BFN
Lap Mar'18 - Dx mild endo
IVF #2 - Jul'18 - ER (10 eggs, 5 mature, 5 fertilised), 5d transfer of 2 expanding blasts, 1x frozen, BFN
Hopefulrosey
TTC Queen
TTC Queen

Postby tww_admin » Tue Aug 21, 2018 9:11 am

Thanks Tia for reporting!
Yes, we will get this cleared out for you.
-Tally
TWW.com
tww_admin
Friend

Postby LucyBrown » Tue Aug 21, 2018 10:04 am

Hey there, it depends on the quality of your eggs. Everybody reacts differently to these procedures. AF is usually late for some while early for others.I am sure your next cycle will be successful. Look out for a better clinic and maybe it will be good next. time. My experience with a clinic went really good. I hope yours goes well.
LucyBrown

Postby dakota-ken » Sun Aug 26, 2018 6:51 am

Hello, hope you are doing fine. Well, dear, it is important for one to remain calm when one is in this process. IVF treatments sometimes take time. All it requires is patience. Two years ago my friend started her IVF treatment. At her first cycle, she was so hopeful to see the results. The results didn't come but she did not lose hope. She tried it the second time the same thing. Then she tried it the third time and it gave her results. So, dear, you should also remain positive and wait for the right time. Also, I hope you are in the right clinic for treatment. Sometimes it is the clinic because of which the patient has to suffer. There is a clinic in Europe which prove the best guidance. I hope you go there and take guidance from them. Hoping for best results for you. Good luck in the future.
dakota-ken
Friend

Postby LaraaJ » Sun Aug 26, 2018 11:35 am

Hey, there. How are you? I hope you're okay. The first cycle should not get your expectations high. This is because IVF is a procedure that rarely works in the first few attempts. Don't lose hope, honey. Keep the faith, okay? You can do this!
LaraaJ
Friend

Previous

Return to IVF