Looking for Buddies- Springtime IVF

Is in vitro fertilization helping you achieve your dream of parenthood? Discuss IVF, FET, donor egg and surrogacy here!

Moderators: JessM, southernbelle, maddy, unaffected

Looking for Buddies- Springtime IVF

Postby Bellami11 » Mon Feb 26, 2018 4:53 pm

Hi Ladies!!
I had started a post a while back looking for November/December -retrieval/transfer and lol learned an important lesson... IVF takes time and has hiccups lol! I ended up chatting with some great ladies and so many of them moved on to Prego-land! Yay!! I however ended up needing surgery for a large fibroid and instead of transfer, I had surgery to remove my fibroid and delayed until March... ugggghhh... well that was the longest wait ever!! But now hubs and I are finally almost there!! I start birth control tonight, and stims on March 23rd! It's finally almost here!! Anyway, that being said, I'm just looking for company, anyone close to my cycle? Lol come chat with me, I'm pretty good at getting other people pregnant! Lmao!!
TTC 10 Years...
Me 39 just turned! :rofl: DH 37
Severe Male Factor
Getting ready to do our first IVF w/ICSI and PGS
Going through lots of testing right now and just found a large fibroid that needs to be removed
Cycle delayed because of it.
Surgery to remove fibroid scheduled for 12/19
fx-ing for Jan/Feb retrieval and transfer 8) 8) 8)
Surgery delayed us until March
Starting stims 3/23!!
Bellami11
BabyDuster
BabyDuster

Re: Looking for Buddies- Springtime IVF

Postby mglupe1979 » Mon Feb 26, 2018 5:47 pm

Jajaja lol bellamin. Yes endeed ivf have hiccupp. I did my retrival in August. Transfer cancelled because my lining decided to ack up. Septembre our island got hit with two cat 5 hurricane. In November was cancel because it was to close to thanksgiving holiday and the office was going to close. December we finally transfer two perfect 5day blast and unfortunately was negative. We try right away and my body has decided to not cooperate and here i am waithing for march possible april depending on my body to go back to normal. I will love to be part of this page and hopefully you will get me promoted to prego land lol.
mglupe1979
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby Bellami11 » Mon Feb 26, 2018 5:53 pm

Mglupe!!! So glad to see you here<3 Lol I mean, not glad that you got a BFN, but glad to have your company:-) It sounds like we might be heading into stim-land together!! Are you going to be taking birth control? Do you know when you will start meds? Or do you still have some frozen embabys?
TTC 10 Years...
Severe Male Factor
Going through lots of testing right now and just found a large fibroid that needs to be removed
Starting stims 3/23!!
Bellami11
BabyDuster
BabyDuster

Postby mglupe1979 » Mon Feb 26, 2018 6:18 pm

Im in a no land know zone but hoping to be on track by the end of march early april. Started in jan with a medicated fet cycle after 4 weeks nothing happen to my lining. Doc change it to a medicated stim cycle for 3 more weeks and nothing happen oncee again. No lining increase nor no folicles. So we stop all med a week ago. So know im just detoxing my body with natural teas and continue to take my vitamin, coq10, dhea,
I have 3 5dblast waithing for me.will be transferring 2. My plan is to monitor my cycle once i get rf and see if we can just try a natural cycle in march.
mglupe1979
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby Bellami11 » Mon Feb 26, 2018 6:58 pm

That's exciting that you have 3 waiting for you<3 Make sure you take extra good care of yourself, minimize stress as much as you can, and I am sure it will all come around!! Sending tons of babydust your way, and hoping to share our journey together!!:-) I will keep all of my fingers and toes crossed for you!!!
TTC 10 Years...
Severe Male Factor
Starting stims 3/23!!
Bellami11
BabyDuster
BabyDuster

Postby banana78 » Mon Feb 26, 2018 7:16 pm

Hey Bellami! You and I are in reverse scenarios. I had my retrieval on February 17th. I have 4 blasts on ice. Now I'm waiting for surgery to remove a polyp on my ovary. 2-5 months. It's been about a month already so 1-4 months left to wait I guess, then recovery Hopefully less! But you know it is! Everything seems to take time in this process. My next appointment is March 7th when I'm hoping to get an update and results from PGS.

I'm in my fruitless 2ww and its been a rocky ride the last few days. I thought stimming would make me crazy but I've been more emotional in the aftermath.
Me (Jo): 40 / DH: 44 in Toronto

TTC since 2014
banana78
TTC Queen
TTC Queen

Postby Bellami11 » Mon Feb 26, 2018 7:38 pm

Hey Banana!! Waiting is the worsttttt.....
Did they find the polyp during retrieval? They found my fibroid during a diagnostic hysteroscopy, I was pretty upset, it took a month to get in for surgery, then they said I had to wait 3 months after surgery to do retrieval or anything. Not sure if this is any help but my doc did tell me that had it been a polyp I would have been able to start stims the following cycle but he said a fibroid is in the muscle so he can't implant an embryo until I'm fully healed... so maybe it will be quick and easy for you! Fingers crossed!! PGS is so exciting!! DH and I ultimately decided against it, but we had to do some genetic testing for DH due to his extremely low count, and after his testing came back normal, the doc said we didn't truly need to do PGS, and recommended we save our money in case (due to dh extremely low count) we need to do retrieval more than once. I wish we could have though!!! I can't wait to hear your pgs results!! Keep us updated!! Babydust!!<3
TTC 10 Years...
Severe Male Factor
Starting stims 3/23!!
Bellami11
BabyDuster
BabyDuster

Postby banana78 » Tue Feb 27, 2018 4:18 am

To clarify in Canada it's illegal to select for sex so PGS will only tell us which embryos are chromosomally normal. We're doing it because of my age, 39. Anything to give us an edge. DH also has extremely low numbers. He had a vericocele embolisation that didn't help at all.

My polyp is really small and came up in an ultrasound. Frustrating that it wasn't noticed earlier. Two month recovery.

So while my timeline is hazy I'm just kicking around watching other people's progress. So I'll be rooting for you!
Me (Jo): 40 / DH: 44 in Toronto

TTC since 2014
banana78
TTC Queen
TTC Queen

Postby Danaa » Tue Feb 27, 2018 4:44 am

We’ll sign me in for ivf spring hahha,I already had Ivf and 3 Transfers before so this will be my 4th and last one,Fx for all of us!!
Banana,mglupe hello:)
My Ovulation Chart
Me 29
DH 31
After 3 years in which we tried everything we are doing IVF in Greece with Iakentro Athens.
Short Protocol with Bemfola and Cetrotide
19mature eggs and we have 9 day5 blasto.
FET#1 ended in a very early loss,chemical pregnancy.
FET#2 ended in a loss at 22w due to IC,my boys will be forever in my heart .
FET#3 MMC at the 10 weeks ultrasound.
FET#4 2018
Danaa
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby mglupe1979 » Tue Feb 27, 2018 7:12 pm

Exited once again ladies, i receive a call from my doc in regards to the ultrasound i had yesterday whic was just me wanting to know how my body was doing after so much medication and nothing. Will i have been detoxing my body with natural herb and imidiatly saw a difference. Well my lining from 3mm for i dont know any more how long was at 5mm. So he wants me to start with the estrace twice a day and do another ultrasound 7 days later. I guess i might be transferring by the end of march. Im still in spring right lol. Here in the Caribbean we only have one season
mglupe1979
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby Bellami11 » Tue Feb 27, 2018 9:33 pm

Banana, I'm also 39, just turned at the end of November (somehow I feel better when I add that part lol!) DH has super low count, last freeze (we are freezing his samples for backup) he had 600,000 with 400,000 motile, which was up from 150,000 just a few months ago, he is taking conception XR motility, and cabergoline for elevated prolactin... he was born with am undescended testicle, had surgery at a year old, but they think this is what caused it... afm, they said I have good reserve, and slightly reduced follicles but just on one side from a tumor I had in 2010 on my ovary... docs are more worried for him lol but I don't want to jinx it sooo lol who knows... I will keep my fingers and toes crossed for you!! It's funny that you can't find out the sex... well not funny.. that's a strange way to put it... but that was my concern anyway, I didn't want to know the sex if we did pgs... well not until after a BFP, then they could tell me... Lol I think fate should get some say:-) DH disagreed... Lol one more reason it's best we skipped it, at least I hope..
Danaa, welcome!! I hope you catch some of my "everyone around me gets pregnant!" I will send so much babydust your way! Glad to have someone here who has some experience with all of this! Are you planning a FET? When will your transfer be? Fxing!!babydust<3
TTC 10 Years...
Severe Male Factor
Starting stims 3/23!!
Bellami11
BabyDuster
BabyDuster

Postby Bellami11 » Tue Feb 27, 2018 9:35 pm

Mglupe!! That is so exciting!! Springtime in the states is from like March to late may so YUP:-) You are well within Springtime lol!! I'm looking at the first week of April for retrieval and transfer if all goes well! So we should be around the same time!
TTC 10 Years...
Severe Male Factor
Starting stims 3/23!!
Bellami11
BabyDuster
BabyDuster

Postby Danaa » Wed Feb 28, 2018 3:54 pm

Mglupe that is wonderful news!Whta cd are you?Bellami hugs!!I wish it was that easy ,I get pregnant but my problem is staying pregnant!My Transfer will probably be in April and yes it will be a fet!!
Anything you wanna know Just ask!
My Ovulation Chart
Me 29
DH 31
After 3 years in which we tried everything we are doing IVF in Greece with Iakentro Athens.
FET#4 2018
Danaa
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby mglupe1979 » Wed Feb 28, 2018 7:44 pm

Danna i lost count on what cd i am. If im not mis taken the last time i saw rf was after my first fet in jan 16, then we started back to back fet with esrrace and delestrogen for 3 weeks and i was not responding lining at 3mm. I think i was 2 more weeks stimulating my ovaries with menopur and nada. Treatment cancel. A week later did an ultrasound to see what my boby was doing on its own and mt lining was at 5mm surprised when mt doc call me to start estrace twice a week for another week and check it next week again. I dont know if this is good or bad any more just trying to trust his call. I had already made up my mine to take a break and detox my body for two cycle. Let see if it work. I just dont want to use teo perfect embies if it does not look good. Lol im in cd 40 omg!!
mglupe1979
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby Danaa » Thu Mar 01, 2018 4:57 am

Mglupe is your doctor planning a transfer?why did she asked you to start Estrogen?
My advice to you is take a break and then start medication again.Im not sure whta and how is ur doctor handling your situation but I know mine would ask me to take a break wait for a period and then start over.
My Ovulation Chart
Me 29
DH 31
FET#4 2018
Danaa
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Next

Return to IVF