Looking for Buddies- Springtime IVF

Is in vitro fertilization helping you achieve your dream of parenthood? Discuss IVF, FET, donor egg and surrogacy here!

Moderators: JessM, southernbelle, maddy, unaffected

Re: Looking for Buddies- Springtime IVF

Postby geeky_gab » Thu Mar 01, 2018 12:57 pm

Hi ladies!
Nice to see most of you again! We'll be trying for a second FET, hopefully in April, if all goes well.

We got the news from our clinic earlier today for our first medicated FET, confirmed negative.
The RE had seen something in the last echo before the FET but decided we should proceed anyways since he was not sure what it was and we had already started the long protocol...
The nurse announcing the news was so sweet and helpful. She read all the notes the doctor had written down from that Feb 11th u/s. She said there are three things the doctor might suggest.
Since he saw liquid near a tube (it seemed to be outside of it, contained), its either a a. burst cyst, b. an hydrosalpix or c. a reaction to meds.
So, I either a. have an u/s and see whether its resorbed or not, b. an assisted (more sophisticated) hysterosonography or c. a recommendation for a natural cycle (and a FET).
The hydrosalpinx would be weird, since I have done the tests for that before, plus a lap last May... so it does seem unlikely, what are your thoughts?

Our appointment has been booked on March 16th... can't wait to have a plan.. The nurse seemed really optimistic that we could get everything done in time for an April FET...
That BFN was hard to take, but we're ready to start again, as long as we have good evaluations and good chances. We are so lucky we have 7 embryos from our December retrieval.
Glad to spend the next weeks with you all! I wish you all the best.
Now, since we don't have any protocols, I will gladly drink wine tonight! Yay!! ;)
TTC since Dec. 2014 - "unexplained infertility"
Me : 36
DH : 37
IUI #1 - #7 May 2016 - October 2017 BFN
Laparoscopy May 29th 2017, fibroid removed, cyst on fallopian tube removed, stage 1 endo removed.
IVF Antagonist protocol, retrival Dec. 2017
FET Feb 2018 BFN
Hoping for April FET
geeky_gab
TTC Princess
TTC Princess

Postby Bellami11 » Thu Mar 01, 2018 9:02 pm

Hi Geeky!! I am so glad to see you here! I'm also so sorry about the BFN, but I definitely welcome your company!! I got my official "schedule" in the mail today! My first baseline and ultrasound is on the 23rd, meds start that night, and the schedule says my retrieval will be between April 1 and April 7th! We are going to try a 5 day transfer if all goes well! I'm getting so excited! I officially gave up alcohol, lol I kinda miss my wine but it's worth it:-) I'm taking birth control now, which feels ummm counterproductive but like the nurselady said so... Lmao! Also coq10 and a prenatal, hubs is all kinds of vitamins and pills right now but they seem to be helping! I'm being nervous about the shots... they said I will be on an antagonist protocol, googling this has been not helpful... I'm trying to figure out why they chose that protocol for me... I hope they have it right, I guess we will seeee.
I would greatly appreciate hearing from all of you ladies what kind of side effects you felt with meds, and tips or advice is greatly welcomed!
TTC 10 Years...
Me 39 just turned! :rofl: DH 37
Severe Male Factor
Getting ready to do our first IVF w/ICSI and PGS
Going through lots of testing right now and just found a large fibroid that needs to be removed
Cycle delayed because of it.
Surgery to remove fibroid scheduled for 12/19
fx-ing for Jan/Feb retrieval and transfer 8) 8) 8)
Surgery delayed us until March
Starting stims 3/23!!
Bellami11
BabyDuster
BabyDuster

Postby Bellami11 » Fri Mar 02, 2018 6:03 am

Geeky, I would say you should find out if any of the procedures will delay you in doing another fet if all is normal, just because the procedure is invasive... Lol I had a hysteroscopy, which is how they found my fibroid, but that damn procedure delayed me 3 months, ughhh... Can they do an ultrasound first? Just to see?
TTC 10 Years...
Severe Male Factor
Going through lots of testing right now and just found a large fibroid that needs to be removed
Starting stims 3/23!!
Bellami11
BabyDuster
BabyDuster

Postby Wishing4A star » Sat Mar 03, 2018 6:16 am

Hi ladies

My transfer date I’d scheduled for March 27th ...gem will you be transferring 1 or 2 embies this go round?
Image[/url]
TTC : 2years +
December 2013- Hsg done -dx with block tubes
January 2013- lap surgery done(right tube opened)
March 2013- clomid/IUI #1
April 2013 - Bfp (chemical)
September 2013- February 2014- medicated cycles with monitoring still no baby.
April 2014- consult with fertility dr.
******Moving on to Ivf ******
May 5th- Ivf educational day
May 13th- lap surgery
July4th- started stims
July 15th - retrieval 16 eggs 14 fertilized
July 20th - transfer/ July 30 beta negative
----------------------------
Ivf # 2
Aug 3rd- started bcp for 3 wks
Aug 16th- started lupron
September 16th- Fet
September- 26th beta confirmed :bfp:
Beta #1 -10dp5dt = 321
Beta #2 -13dp5dt = 1561
Beta #3 - 15dp5dt = 4407
Wishing4A star
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby banana78 » Sat Mar 03, 2018 6:20 am

Geeky did I see elsewhere what you are Canadian?
Me (Jo): 40 / DH: 44 in Toronto

TTC since 2014
banana78
TTC Queen
TTC Queen

Postby geeky_gab » Sat Mar 03, 2018 8:56 am

Good morning :)
Bella, I hope they will do an u/s first and as soon as possible, to be honest... I was on an antagonist protocol. It is a longer one, meant to produce more eggs. I ended up not doing a fresh cycle because of OHSS. Glad I waited for the FET, I was feeling much better. I hope all goes well for you! Don't worry about the shots. The first few times are scary and then, you'll get them done in no time :)
Hi Banana, yes! I am from Montreal. Yourself?
Hi Wishing :) Gem is on the other thread and by the most recent news, she won't be needing another transfer :D
Laparoscopy May 29th 2017, fibroid removed, cyst on fallopian tube removed, stage 1 endo removed.
FET Feb 2018 BFN
Hoping for April FET
geeky_gab
TTC Princess
TTC Princess

Postby banana78 » Sat Mar 03, 2018 2:33 pm

Geeky I'm in Toronto and I'm on my funded cycle. $9000 in to it with medications and PGS so definitely thankful for the government aid.

TTC since 2014
banana78
TTC Queen
TTC Queen

Postby Wishing4A star » Sat Mar 03, 2018 10:16 pm

geeky_gab wrote:Good morning :)
Bella, I hope they will do an u/s first and as soon as possible, to be honest... I was on an antagonist protocol. It is a longer one, meant to produce more eggs. I ended up not doing a fresh cycle because of OHSS. Glad I waited for the FET, I was feeling much better. I hope all goes well for you! Don't worry about the shots. The first few times are scary and then, you'll get them done in no time :)
Hi Banana, yes! I am from Montreal. Yourself?
Hi Wishing :) Gem is on the other thread and by the most recent news, she won't be needing another transfer :D

Geeky ~ lol that’s because that was meant for you....I just twist y’all name up.
Image[/url]
TTC : 2years +
December 2013- Hsg done -dx with block tubes
January 2013- lap surgery done(right tube opened)
March 2013- clomid/IUI #1
April 2013 - Bfp (chemical)
September 2013- February 2014- medicated cycles with monitoring still no baby.
April 2014- consult with fertility dr.
******Moving on to Ivf ******
May 5th- Ivf educational day
May 13th- lap surgery
July4th- started stims
July 15th - retrieval 16 eggs 14 fertilized
July 20th - transfer/ July 30 beta negative
----------------------------
Ivf # 2
Aug 3rd- started bcp for 3 wks
Aug 16th- started lupron
September 16th- Fet
September- 26th beta confirmed :bfp:
Beta #1 -10dp5dt = 321
Beta #2 -13dp5dt = 1561
Beta #3 - 15dp5dt = 4407
Wishing4A star
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby geeky_gab » Sun Mar 04, 2018 8:11 am

Wishing! lol! To answer your question then, I can only transfer one each time, it is a provincial law. So it'll be one, but I don't know when. I have to wait until my next appointment with the RE and since there is never an u/s planned on the same day, I'll have to go back at the clinic some other time to get more tests done, ugh!

Banana, I think provinces deal with the financing in different ways... we were covered for all IUIs but not for IVF. I am fortunate enough to have a good insurance policy which covered most of the meds. There is no longer any financing of IVF procedures in Quebec, although I believe a part of it can be counted into the tax return (I'm doing this now..)
How are you all and what are the next steps coming up for you? How are you feeling?
FET Feb 2018 BFN
Hoping for April FET
geeky_gab
TTC Princess
TTC Princess

Postby Bellami11 » Mon Mar 05, 2018 5:45 am

Good Morning Ladies!!:-)
How is everyone doing? Any updates?? Lol I'm bored with waiting... DH has his final cup-date and freeze today, so we should get those results later on today, I hope that his numbers are still going up! Fxing!! Afm, I have been on birth control for a week and turned into a cranky brat, lol hubs seems entertained by this but lol I'm Not! I always hated taking the pill, it always messed with my mood... ughhhh... this makes me nervous that stims are gonna turn me in to a raving lunatic Lol! Did you guys have an effect to your mood during stims? Also the nurse told me a meds nurse would be contacting me to order my meds but I haven't heard from anyone, I'm supposed to start meds on the 23rd, and getting worried they won't get here in time... how long did it take you all to get your meds from when they were ordered?
Anyway, I hope everyone is doing well, I'm excited for some updates:-)
TTC 10 Years...
Severe Male Factor
Starting stims 3/23!!
Bellami11
BabyDuster
BabyDuster

Postby Bellami11 » Mon Mar 05, 2018 11:25 am

Ok quick update from meeee... our docs office just called with hubs last freeze result from today... she said he had 100,000 that were motile, it went down a little but still Good for icsi, she said if his numbers stay this way, we should have more than enough fresh on retrieval day for icsi!! Yay!!!
TTC 10 Years...
Severe Male Factor
Starting stims 3/23!!
Bellami11
BabyDuster
BabyDuster

Postby banana78 » Mon Mar 05, 2018 5:42 pm

Hey Bellami in respect to mood swings during stims I didn't really notice that being much of a problem. I did find myself making more mistakes at work but maybe I was just distracted. Now post retrieval I did notice a big problem especially before my period started. I'm not sure if this is a normal hormonal crash as they leave your system or if the whole experience just has me wound tight. I'm on CD5 now and I'm still pretty crabby about changes at work. I guess everyone is different and I'm sure it depends on your protocol.

TTC since 2014
banana78
TTC Queen
TTC Queen

Postby banana78 » Wed Mar 07, 2018 1:20 pm

So it looks like I'm going to be more of a summer FET.

I got my results from PGS today. We're down to one. She suggested Matris testing. Does anyone know what this is? It's a test that helps narrow down when I'll get the best implantation results.

So my surgery (this month) and this test both take two months to recover from. I'm not sure which month we'll do the test. She said summer for transfer and I hope she means June, but probably July? Could even be August... I'm guessing.

TTC since 2014
banana78
TTC Queen
TTC Queen

Postby Bellami11 » Sat Mar 10, 2018 4:59 am

Hi Ladies! I hope everyone is doing well!!
Banana, I have never heard of a Matris test... how do they do It? That sounds interesting... they did a trial implantation on me, but I think that was just to get measurements or something... I'm sorry about the pgs results (hugs) but that's great that you do have a good one, I will fxing such for you!!! Do you have a surgery date yet?
Anyone else have any updates?
TTC 10 Years...
Severe Male Factor
Starting stims 3/23!!
Bellami11
BabyDuster
BabyDuster

Postby mglupe1979 » Sat Mar 10, 2018 10:47 am

Im with u dana, all this is making me more concern. I question it and he said that we don't need a period to continue for fet transfer. Last Wednesday my lining was up just a little more 5.6mm now my estrace has been increase to 4mg in the morning 4mg in the afternon and 4mg vaginal twice a day. I have been with a migraine since then also showing a little pink discharge when i wipe not sure why. Im to the point i donr know what to think. Im not to exited about anything any more.
Hey ladies im sorry i have been missing in action. But very happy to see progress in every one journey.
Next ultasound is wednesday i really hope to see my lining at 9mm i wish
mglupe1979
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

PreviousNext

Return to IVF