Looking for Buddies- Springtime IVF

Is in vitro fertilization helping you achieve your dream of parenthood? Discuss IVF, FET, donor egg and surrogacy here!

Moderators: JessM, southernbelle, maddy, unaffected

Re: Looking for Buddies- Springtime IVF

Postby banana78 » Sun Mar 11, 2018 9:39 am

Hey Bellami. I'm not too worried about PGS. All I need is one. I'd rather know which one is best than have disappointment after trying to transfer embryos that would lead to miscarriage. Now if that one doesn't work... that's another story. I'll cross that bridge if I come to it.

The test I believe is a biopsy of the uterine lining. Two month recovery. Not sure when that will happen but I think April. My surgery is March 22. Also two month recovery.
Me (Jo): 40 / DH: 44 in Toronto

TTC since 2014
banana78
TTC Queen
TTC Queen

Postby Bellami11 » Tue Mar 13, 2018 3:45 am

Good Morning Ladies!!
I hope everyone is doing well!! Mglupe, I will be fxing all day Wednesday for you!! Keep us updated! I haven't gotten as far along in the process as you yet so I'm not sure on meds for fet or waiting times but I do agree it seems a little strange to not wait for your cycle.... hrrmmm.... Banana, I'm glad your surgery is soon, at least you won't have to wait too long for that. How will they be doing It? Laparoscopy? They removed my fibroid doing a hysteroscopy, they did put me under anaesthesia, my husband said it took 3 hours before they let him take me home... Lol I have no memory of it, other than getting to the surgery center! Make sure you rest and take it really easy after surgery! Keep us posted! I start stims on the 23rd, and am keeping super busy with some early spring cleaning, and lol projects... I painted my bedroom yesterday, and we are putting in New flooring in the bedrooms next weekend.... also I have become on obsessed with organizing everything, not sure if you guys have heard of the container store but it literally has everything u could need to organize anything, closet organizers, cabinet organizers, drawers organizers... Lol my husband is gonna kill me but I can't stop organizing lmao!!! It's keeping me sane:-) Geeky, any updates? Hope all is well!
TTC 10 Years...
Me 39 just turned! :rofl: DH 37
Severe Male Factor
Getting ready to do our first IVF w/ICSI and PGS
Going through lots of testing right now and just found a large fibroid that needs to be removed
Cycle delayed because of it.
Surgery to remove fibroid scheduled for 12/19
fx-ing for Jan/Feb retrieval and transfer 8) 8) 8)
Surgery delayed us until March
Starting stims 3/23!!
Bellami11
BabyDuster
BabyDuster

Postby Bellami11 » Tue Mar 13, 2018 3:59 am

Oh also Danaa!! Any updates? Do you know when your next transfer is going to Be? Any dates yet? Hope all is well:-)
TTC 10 Years...
Severe Male Factor
Going through lots of testing right now and just found a large fibroid that needs to be removed
Starting stims 3/23!!
Bellami11
BabyDuster
BabyDuster

Postby Danaa » Tue Mar 13, 2018 8:26 am

Sorry I have been MIA ladies,lots have happened,I will catch up.My Transfer was supposed to be in April but bcs of some changes in our bank account lol we won’t see the doctor until May probably or end of April .
My Ovulation Chart
Me 29
DH 31
After 3 years in which we tried everything we are doing IVF in Greece with Iakentro Athens.
Short Protocol with Bemfola and Cetrotide
19mature eggs and we have 9 day5 blasto.
FET#1 ended in a very early loss,chemical pregnancy.
FET#2 ended in a loss at 22w due to IC,my boys will be forever in my heart .
FET#3 MMC at the 10 weeks ultrasound.
FET#4 2018
Danaa
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby johnnyswifey » Sun Mar 18, 2018 8:43 am

Hi ladies. I guess I’ll jump in here. I haven’t really been active lately. I’m glad to see everyone moving along!!! Glad to see Danaa and mglupe. How is everyone. My tentative transfer date is 4/9!
Him- 31- PERFECT
Me- 30- Tubal (tubes removed 2012)
Angel babies 9-22-09, 10-12-16, 1-12-17, 5-11-17

09/26/16: BFP!!! Preg in unknown loc 10/12/17
12/19/16: BFP!!! MC 01/12/17
04/15/17: BFP!!! MC 05/11/17

Let’s go 2018!!!!!!

01/14/18: BFP!!!! Chem 1/22/18
johnnyswifey
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby mglupe1979 » Sun Mar 18, 2018 11:54 am

Welcome Johnny!! Spring it is for us lol my transfer has been schedule for the 27 of march
mglupe1979
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby Wishing4A star » Mon Mar 19, 2018 8:43 pm

Mglupe- glad to have a transfer buddy :D I also go on the 27th ...went today for lining check and labs? when do you start pio shots?
Wishing4A star
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby Bellami11 » Tue Mar 20, 2018 10:05 am

Yay! Glad to see some updates, and more people joining in here... Lol I was starting to get lonely! Mg that's so exciting your transfer is the 27th! Fxing for u!! Welcome Jhonny! I took my last birth control pill Sunday, and my stims all arrived today! We start meds friday!! I'm so excited and nervous all at the same time! We are hoping for a fresh transfer, they said retreival will be sometime between the 1st, and 7th, and if all goes well a transfer 5 days later! We are transferring 2, lol as long as we can get 2:-) Are you ladies all doing fet? If they can't do frsh that is what I am looking at... do they have you medicated for that? How does that work?
TTC 10 Years...
Severe Male Factor
Starting stims 3/23!!
Bellami11
BabyDuster
BabyDuster

Postby mglupe1979 » Tue Mar 20, 2018 10:44 am

Omg!! How exited wishing, i am at the ultrasound sound apointment and just did my blood work today. Schedule to start progesteron vaginally 400mg in the morning and 400mg in the afternoon starting Thrusday will be adding .5 in oil on Sunday monday. Ufff typing this is making me nervous. My lining last week was at 7mm i hope its at 9mm today.
Wishing what were your lab and lining at?
mglupe1979
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby Danaa » Tue Mar 20, 2018 10:53 am

You go Ladies!!!Stay calm and implant!!!
Bella yes,the FET is usually medicated,either with something to help with ovulation or estrogen and progesterone.
Mglupe update how ur lining is!!Fx Fx!!!
My Ovulation Chart
Me 29
DH 31
After 3 years in which we tried everything we are doing IVF in Greece with Iakentro Athens.
FET#4 2018
Danaa
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby Wishing4A star » Tue Mar 20, 2018 3:57 pm

mglupe1979 wrote:Omg!! How exited wishing, i am at the ultrasound sound apointment and just did my blood work today. Schedule to start progesteron vaginally 400mg in the morning :and 400mg in the afternoon starting Thrusday will be adding .5 in oil on Sunday monday. Ufff typing this is making me nervous. My lining last week was at 7mm i hope its at 9mm today.
Wishing what were your lab and lining at?

They didnt tell me where my labs and linning were exactly. When I was getting the ultrasound done I was told everything look wonderful and then when the nurse called to give me updates and instruction she said blood work came back excellent and linning was perfect as a book :D so I felt good with that response. I start pio on thursday night. How many are you transferring?
Image[/url]
TTC : 2years +
December 2013- Hsg done -dx with block tubes
January 2013- lap surgery done(right tube opened)
March 2013- clomid/IUI #1
April 2013 - Bfp (chemical)
September 2013- February 2014- medicated cycles with monitoring still no baby.
April 2014- consult with fertility dr.
******Moving on to Ivf ******
May 5th- Ivf educational day
May 13th- lap surgery
July4th- started stims
July 15th - retrieval 16 eggs 14 fertilized
July 20th - transfer/ July 30 beta negative
----------------------------
Ivf # 2
Aug 3rd- started bcp for 3 wks
Aug 16th- started lupron
September 16th- Fet
September- 26th beta confirmed :bfp:
Beta #1 -10dp5dt = 321
Beta #2 -13dp5dt = 1561
Beta #3 - 15dp5dt = 4407
Wishing4A star
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby mglupe1979 » Tue Mar 20, 2018 6:59 pm

Well ladies not good new on my end. Not sure but have a gut feeling i will be cancel once again. Ultrasound found fluid in my uterus. Boomer im trying to google more about this and all i have come up wirh is that estrogen can cause this. What the heck. Also everything i read is bfn result from it. I jump on the last flight to come see my doc. Will be walking in first thing in the morning.
Have this happen to any of u? Or do u have any feed bavk on this. Im devastated. I think i have gone through every scenario possible on my 3 years of iui and ivf. I feel im back to square zero.
mglupe1979
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby Danaa » Wed Mar 21, 2018 3:09 am

Wishing that is wonderful news!!Fx for you!!
Mglupe....I’m so sorry,you can’t catch a break,the fluid is not good and if you transfer with that ur chances of getting pregnant are not good,you can aspirate it,use progesterone and see if that makes it go away,or have one or two orgasms and pray the contractions of the uterus will flush it out.
If it were up to me I would cancel and not take any chances.Good luck!
My Ovulation Chart
Me 29
DH 31
FET#4 2018
Danaa
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby mglupe1979 » Wed Mar 21, 2018 4:12 am

Thank you Danaa yes im more incline to cancel. Im at the doc office to double check on it. Will update later today. I was googling this last night and i did find something on taking 800 mg in vitamin E and that it has help eliminate the fluid. Dont know much on that. I will definately not risk my embies.
mglupe1979
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby mglupe1979 » Wed Mar 21, 2018 8:21 am

Ok ladies update from me. Linning at over 9mm great. Did see some fluid. Doc said i can fix this ;) guess what he did. Stick his fingers in and put his hand over my belly and massage my uterus and vuala!! It was gone. I just couldn't believe it. I started to cry in disbelief his said he does not want to cancel knowing how nice my lining has preform and this fluid is because of the high does of estrogen im in. Transfer day is now on Monday: ) im so nervous. Starting progesteron today 400mg twice a day and will continue with the estrace 12mg total.
mglupe1979
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

PreviousNext

Return to IVF