Two Week Wait

Is in vitro fertilization helping you achieve your dream of parenthood? Discuss IVF, FET, donor egg and surrogacy here!
Post a reply

IVF Newbie

Tue Mar 13, 2018 8:52 pm

Hi there-

I’ll be starting the IVF process sometime this week. Waiting for my period so I can start birth control. I’ve never been this anxious to start my period.
Looking for tips, support, advise as I begin this journey.

Re: IVF Newbie

Wed Mar 21, 2018 7:15 am

Good Morning,

IDreamofBabyG...I am waiting for AF to show so I too can start birth control.

Wed Mar 28, 2018 12:14 am

Not new to tww but am new to ivf. After 2 failed IUI a clinical tribunal decided to offer me an nhs ivf go. Very nervous and scared but also more positive about this.

Wed Mar 28, 2018 6:08 am

IDreamofBabyG wrote:Hi there-

I’ll be starting the IVF process sometime this week. Waiting for my period so I can start birth control. I’ve never been this anxious to start my period.
Looking for tips, support, advise as I begin this journey.

Hi, lovely! I'm in the same boat with you. 40 yo diagnosed on endo & PCOS. Made two lapos with no actual result. Was told some time ago my eggs aren't going to work with ivf. So we're preparing for egg donation route overseas. Hopefully due to start in April. I'm just trying to put a brave face on and keep on moving, though it's hard..
Sending you huge supportive hugs x

Sun Apr 01, 2018 4:52 pm

Oh great! Your anxiousness is valid. I know when I was going into ivf process. It was my first attempt. I was so sure that this will fail. I know I was being pessimist. But if you fail in natural conception after trying this long and then fail in multiple IUIs, you get in the habit of expecting the worst. I was even amazed that I got cleared for ivf in the first place. Anyways, I started my birth control. And then the next step and then the next. The most hated part was injecting myself thrice daily. But I did it. I went through it. And at the end, the day I received my BFP news, I was happy and shocked. Mostly shocked. Ahhhhh... I made it. Finally.

Wed Apr 04, 2018 10:03 am

Hey!
Great news!
I would just advice you to keep calm and stay healthy.
You must be having so much stress. But you just have to relax and things would work.
You might have side effects of certain medications like a headache, mood swings, abdominal bloating.
But apart from such minor symptoms if you find any severe symptoms you must concern your doctor.
The only tip is just not to take anything unserious. Stay connected with your doctor.
Good luck.

Wed Apr 18, 2018 7:26 am

Hi hun! I'm actually in the middle of my IVF cycle with retrieval next week! I'll be your buddy:) how did everything turn out for you ?

Thu Apr 19, 2018 12:14 am

Ladies, just wanted to wish everyone the best of luck with the cycle.
We're going egg donation route. Have already defined the date of initial consultation. The clinic sent us the list of required documents. Among them: transvaginal and breast ultrasound check results, chest x-ray for both, dr's certificate that I'm healthy enough to carry out a baby and that pregnancy is not prohibited for me, sperm count. What additional tests should we undergo whilst initial consultation? Thanks.
Post a reply
IsoFresh
Pregnancy Test Strips
FertilAid for Women and Men
OvaCue
OvaGraph
IsoFresh
5 Tips Newsletter