April 2018 IVF

Is in vitro fertilization helping you achieve your dream of parenthood? Discuss IVF, FET, donor egg and surrogacy here!

Moderators: JessM, southernbelle, maddy, unaffected

April 2018 IVF

Postby Karo » Tue Apr 03, 2018 6:19 am

Good Morning,

This is my first IVF. We had a failed IUI in March and we were going to do another one but I had a 49 mm cyst which took me out for the month of March. So we decided to go straight to IVF since I am 40 and my AMH is super low (.19). Started my AF on the 31st of March so I am 4 days in taking BC pills. I have my class and baseline ultrasound scheduled on the 12th of April. I am super duper nervous and excited at the same time.
Karo

Re: April 2018 IVF

Postby Emilykingston » Mon Apr 09, 2018 11:09 am

You sound positive hun. I am happy that you are strong. You will get through this. I am visiting a clinic for my IVF too. The date is set to be next week. I hope both of us get success. Loads of prayers and baby dust your way. Do pray for me too.
Emilykingston

Postby Karo » Fri Apr 13, 2018 5:51 am

Got home last night from my appointment. It is about a 14 hour drive round trip to the clinic. My lab, ultrasound and Saline sonogram provided good results. So I am good to go to start this month. Today is my last day of taking B/C. Monday, April 16th I start the Lupron injections and then Tuesday I add Gonal-f and Menopur. I will be injecting 2x daily. The 22nd I will be driving back to clinic so I can be monitored for the next four to six days. Bit stressed about that for I need to coordinate boarding for my two dogs and cat. Plus hoping my DH will be able to join me for some of the time while I am there pre-retrieval.

Emilykingston...Thanks for encouragement. Please keep me posted on your journey. Positive thoughts sent your way!!!!
Karo

Postby patienceA » Mon Apr 16, 2018 8:10 am

Hey, I'm actually doing an April IVF cycle as well!! Hopefully we can be ttc buddies:)
Are you doing an FET cycle or fresh?
Last edited by patienceA on Mon Apr 16, 2018 8:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
patienceA
Friend

Postby Prayingforourredhead » Mon Apr 16, 2018 8:11 am

Karo- :)I found you, I was hoping you would start an IVF thread as I was debating on doing it!! It’s really happening and I’m hoping everything goes wonderfully for you !! Stinks you have such a long drive to your clinic!
Glad to have you as an IVF buddy as we both move forward.
We have our teach class tomorrow, meet with financial and my SIS.
Prayingforourredhead
BabyDuster
BabyDuster

Postby Karo » Tue Apr 17, 2018 3:59 am

Good Morning Ladies,

Well it's official I started stimming this morning. The injection wasn't so bad. If anything it was mixing the cocktail of drugs that made me nervous. Plus my DH did the injecting. Not sure how I will do by myself next week. I wish I could fast forward to Monday so I know how my body is responding to the medication.

Prayingforourredhead... Happy you found me!!! You definitely have a busy day ahead of you. Keep me posted!

PatienceA... Hi. Glad to see another ttc buddy on this board. Have you already started stimming? I am doing a Fresh cycle with ICSI.
Karo

Postby Prayingforourredhead » Tue Apr 17, 2018 5:54 am

Karo- Stims already..I’m sure it was nerve racking becoming a mixologist ;) ..I will have to do some of my own shots as well!! You can do it!! I was giving myself the ovidrel shot during IUI..it wasn’t as bad as I thought and to be honest hurt less when I did it than when DH did it.
Looking forward to hearing how stinking goes for you!! Fingers crossed your body responds greatly!!

We will also be doing a fresh cycle.
Prayingforourredhead
BabyDuster
BabyDuster

Postby Prayingforourredhead » Tue Apr 17, 2018 12:36 pm

Had my long appointment today...he found a polyp and need to remove it...so looks like it’s gonna be a bit before we start. I was bummed, but on the other hand I am happy we found it and will be easy to remove. So we are definitely not starting IVF yet..
I did get my AMH levels today- 8.93 ...oh my I wasn’t expecting that...I knew I had a lot of eggs but that’s A high number. I don’t have PCOS either so was surprised by this high number.

So I’ll check back in with you guys but I’m not the April IVF like I was hoping...
Prayingforourredhead
BabyDuster
BabyDuster

Postby Karo » Wed Apr 18, 2018 3:44 am

Prayingforourredhead....You are right that is a high AMH level. When do you go in to get the Polyp removed? Best of luck!!!!
Karo

Postby Prayingforourredhead » Wed Apr 18, 2018 3:57 am

Karo- I’m not sure yet, the surgery scheduler was not in the office yesterday and I was told she would call to schedule me within a week...it always feels like a waiting game. I am happy to know that everything else looks great. Now the bigger risk to me is my high AMH, and the risk of OHSS..they have to start me on a low dose injections to see how I’m going to respond ...she said it all depends on my body. We had the teach appointment too...so I know I’ll be doing 150 gonal F injections for 3 days and then they want to check me to see how I’m responding if they need to lower/ up it etc...
but idk now when we will start. Once I get the laparoscopy to remove the polyp you have to wait a cycle for healing and then can start

Keep us posted on how stimming is going/ how you are feeling ?
Prayingforourredhead
BabyDuster
BabyDuster

Postby patienceA » Wed Apr 18, 2018 7:36 am

Karo- Yeah I actually starting stimming on Saturday the 14th, and today is day 5 of stims. I have about 5 or so more days to go then egg retrieval next week :). I'm also doing FET with ICSI as well! Is your transfer also scheduled for the end of May?
patienceA
Friend

Postby @whenmytruerainbow » Thu Apr 19, 2018 1:10 am

Hi! Ladies, you're quite ahead. We're going egg donation route. Have already defined the date of initial consultation. The clinic sent us the list of required documents. Among them: transvaginal and breast ultrasound check results, chest x-ray for both, dr's certificate that I'm healthy enough to carry out a baby and that pregnancy is not prohibited for me, sperm count. A quick question ~ what additional tests should we undergo whilst initial consultation? Thanks and the best of luck with your cycles!
@whenmytruerainbow
TTC Princess
TTC Princess

Postby Lyn17 » Wed Apr 25, 2018 12:17 pm

Karo and prayingforred - I just stopped by to check on you ladies.

Karo- good luck with your IVF cycle this month.

Prayingforred- I’m so sorry to hear your cycle was stalled. I have a polyp removed in September. It was like a 40min procedure. Not too bad at all. I could have went to work the text day but took a couple of days off to relax. Waited a cycle to make sure my period was normal and then got pregnant in November. Pregnancy is cominng for you soon. Hang in there I know the waiting game can be annoying. P.S. the gonal f help me along. I’m glad there giving you that
Lyn17
BabyDuster
BabyDuster

Postby Prayingforourredhead » Wed Apr 25, 2018 3:37 pm

Lynn- Hey there!! So sweet of you to drop in...I just got my hysterscopy scheduled, its Friday May 4th..and yes they said it’s a 45min surgery. I’ll be happy to have it behind me and so ready to move forward ...
Hope all is well with you and your little bean!!

Karo- any updates? How are stims going??
Prayingforourredhead
BabyDuster
BabyDuster

Postby Karo » Sun Apr 29, 2018 3:16 pm

Good Evening Ladies,

Prayingforourredhead...Glad that you have your surgery scheduled! Please keep me posted how it goes.

Lynn...Hope everything is going well for you!!!

My IVF was canceled.When I went in for my first ultrasound on the 23rd I had only produced three follicles which two of them were only 10 mm. The other one was at a 16 and at that point they said we should go with an IUI. Went back for another ultrasound on the 25th of April and my follicle was at a 22 mm. So they had me trigger that night and the following day we went in for the IUI. My numbers looked good. My lining was 8+, estradiol I believe around 500, and my DH sperm count after the was 44 million. I started Saturday taking Crinone. Fingers crossed.
Karo

Next

Return to IVF