Post egg retrieval

Is in vitro fertilization helping you achieve your dream of parenthood? Discuss IVF, FET, donor egg and surrogacy here!

Moderators: JessM, southernbelle, maddy, unaffected

Post egg retrieval

Postby Ohhsovj » Sun Apr 29, 2018 9:40 pm

Hi ladies,

I recently (as of two days ago) had my egg retrieval. They pulled out 23 follicles. Two days later, and I am miserably bloated. TMI but the only thing that temporarily relieves bloat is passing gas or burping. How was everyone else’s post ER? I just want to feel better knowing someone else battle stories.

Thanks for the support!
Ohhsovj

Re: Post egg retrieval

Postby Gem1981 » Sun Apr 29, 2018 10:36 pm

hi Ohh,
23 is a great number! how many fertilised.. did you get any more information?

I was quite bloated too and my abdomen felt v sore and had a bit of spotting for 2 days (retrieved 11 eggs). It pained to move around too much. But all the symptoms reduced significantly in about 3 days or so. For me resting was the key. hope you feel better soon!
Gem1981
TTC Princess
TTC Princess

Postby boatlife » Tue May 01, 2018 12:41 pm

I also had 23 eggs retrieved and 2 days after ER, I was miserable. I had terrible pain when going from standing > sitting, or vice versa, and when going to the restroom. I just drank TONS of gatorade, the electrolytes help draw the extra fluid out of your ovaries and relieve the swelling much faster. How many fertilized did you end up with?
Me - 28 // DW - 35
DS - 9
IUI #1 - 9 = BFN
IVF #1 = May 2018
boatlife
BabyDuster
BabyDuster

Postby hopefulash » Wed May 02, 2018 6:30 am

Hi Ohh!!

I had my egg retrieval exactly a week ago from today. The first day I was cramping so much and was pretty much out of it the entire day. The next day I was still having lots of cramps, but by day 3 I felt like myself again!

How did your retrieval go if you don't mind me asking?
Also, are you doing fresh or frozen cycle? I'm doing an FET, will transfer the end of MAY;)
hopefulash

Postby Ohhsovj » Wed May 02, 2018 9:22 pm

Hi Ladies,

Sorry I have been out of touch since my post, and believe me, I so much appreciate your support. I’ve had to go to the Emergency Room to get labs for OHSS. Turns out, I have mild/moderate OHSS. I am now on day 6 and today, I feel so much better! Belly is still huge! My doctor said I should only hit the panic button if I stop peeing. I have the opposite problem: I pee at least twice an hour.

About my egg retrieval:
20 fertilized
19 survived Assisted Hatching: (12) excellent (6) fair and (1) poor)
6-8 are matured to blastocyst and 6 more may mature to blastocyst so fingers crossed my egg quality is great!

About me:
I am 33 years old
I have PCOS
Conceived one child naturally four years ago (my miracle baby!)

Has anyone heard of acupuncture as a support and preparation for the egg transfer? Any other advice? I will have a frozen transfer in June.

THANKS AGAIN AND SO MUCH LUCK TO ALL OF YOU!!!!!!
Ohhsovj

Postby @whenmytruerainbow » Thu May 17, 2018 11:32 pm

Glad for your great outcomes, honey :) Hope your frozen June cycle will be successful. Fingers crossed.
Decided to share things about my last egg retrieval the way you did.
Eggs retrieved - 20
Fertilized - 10
5day transfer
Embryo quality - a mix of As, Bs & Cs.
About me:
40 yrs old, dx: endo & PCOS.
Made 2 lapos - no actual result.
Have left ovary removed with lapo.
Currently passing ivf cycle overseas.
May this time be a blessing for us. Hugs.
@whenmytruerainbow
TTC Princess
TTC Princess

Postby Emilykingston » Fri May 18, 2018 9:30 am

I was going through your post and all the comments. All this looks so scary. I am already a needle phobic person. Now after reading this, I am more scared. I am about to start my IVF next week. I dont know how will I go through it. Need loads of prayers.
Emilykingston

Postby Alana90 » Wed May 23, 2018 9:23 am

Twenty three. OMG! Looks like almost everyone on the post had such great numbers. Good to hear,
Seems like a painful journey you guys are having. My friend has IVF baby. I never asked her over such things. About how all went. And how she felt. But this actually seems painful.
All the love and prayers to all beautiful ladies out there. Good luck.
Alana90

Postby @whenmytruerainbow » Fri Jun 15, 2018 3:44 am

I wonder, ladies, how did you feel after ER? Have any of you experienced the following:
Discomfort managed with Tylenol, etc.
Nausea.
Dizziness.
Feelings of cramps, fullness, or pressure in the pelvic area.
How did you cope with those if any? Thought it might be useful to share. Thanks.
@whenmytruerainbow
TTC Princess
TTC Princess

Return to IVF