3-Day Transfer - Embryo questions

Is in vitro fertilization helping you achieve your dream of parenthood? Discuss IVF, FET, donor egg and surrogacy here!

Moderators: JessM, southernbelle, maddy, unaffected

3-Day Transfer - Embryo questions

Postby stillhoping » Sun Jun 17, 2018 5:58 am

Hi there, this is my first time posting. I have stalked these boards for three years now, since we found out we'd be unlikely to have a baby with my eggs and have been through a lot. I'm 36 yo, DH same age. We're super healthy, but I just have an undetectable AMH. Last year, we tried IVF and while ended up with three 5-day blasts miraculously from my 4 eggs retrieved, only one tested PGS normal and was perfect 5AA. It didn't take.

Now, we've moved on to donor eggs, figuring we'd have a better shot with younger eggs. We purchased a lot of 6 eggs from My Egg Bank (from a 22 year old) and they were fertilized last week. All fertilized norally, but when they called me with the 3-day update yesterday, the doctor said that none had progressed as they had hoped. Therefor, they suggested a 3-day transfer of a 5 cell and 7 cell because they did not think any of the embryos would make it to 5-day blast stage. I am, of course, optimistic and trying to be positive, but I am shocked and disappointed that donor eggs would not have performed as well as my old eggs did!

I guess my real question is...is there any hope for a 5-cell and 7-cell 3 day transfer? I know nothing about 3-day transfers. Thanks so much. I'd like honest answers please - success and failures would both be great.
stillhoping

Re: 3-Day Transfer - Embryo questions

Postby Danaa » Sun Jun 17, 2018 6:48 am

There is no better place for an embryo than the womb!!!
There are plenty of success stories when a day 3 embryo.
Is ur husband’s sperm ok?Were the eggs frozen?!
I read a bit about frozen eggs in the past and the picture I got from testimonials is a big No to frozen eggs as it lowers the quality of the eggs.
Anyway be optimistic and have faith in ur embryos!!
Good luck!
My Ovulation Chart
Me 29
DH 31
After 3 years in which we tried everything we are doing IVF in Greece with Iakentro Athens.
Short Protocol with Bemfola and Cetrotide
19mature eggs and we have 9 day5 blasto.
FET#1 ended in a very early loss,chemical pregnancy.
FET#2 ended in a loss at 22w due to IC,my boys will be forever in my heart .
FET#3 MMC at the 10 weeks ultrasound.
FET#4 2018
Danaa
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Re: 3-Day Transfer - Embryo questions

Postby mwilson0316 » Thu Sep 27, 2018 1:54 pm

Good morning. I am a gestational carrier, so this is all foreign to me. Today is day 7 after the embryo transfer. This morning, while getting ready for work, I all of a sudden felt very sweaty, dizzy, and felt like I may pass out. I had to sit down for about 10 minutes. Anyone else ever experience this?
mwilson0316

Return to IVF