How did you decide on IVF??

Is in vitro fertilization helping you achieve your dream of parenthood? Discuss IVF, FET, donor egg and surrogacy here!

Moderators: JessM, southernbelle, maddy, unaffected

How did you decide on IVF??

Postby Ajb38 » Fri Jul 06, 2018 11:04 am

I just got back from a consult with my RE about moving on to IVF. I have had 5 unsuccessful IUI's and 1 that worked, but ended in MC. I also have a 4 year old son that I had absolutely no issues conceiving. No issues with me or my husband. I have been labelled with secondary infertility. Only issue is my age. I will be 41 in a few weeks.

So now my head is swirling from all the information I received. I guess my question to all of you that have moved on to IVF is how did you decide whether to go this path?

I had my AMH tested about 2 years ago and it was 2.7. My dr did another test today to see where I stand now. I think I will wait to get the results of that before making any decisions. If it is lower I am not sure it will be worth the risk.
Ajb38
TTC Princess
TTC Princess

Re: How did you decide on IVF??

Postby @whenmytruerainbow » Wed Jul 25, 2018 3:45 am

Hi, I'm so sorry you found yourself with the problem. I can hardly imagine how tough it is to realize you cannot have more after baby#1 conceived effortlessly. I'd never been able to conceive on my own unless opted for ivf. This makes a huge difference for what made us going for this very method. I'm 40+ with endo and pcos. Ttc for 2 yrs with no luck. Made 2 lapos but got no actual result. Tried 2 fresh ivf with own egg - both failed. Dr said,'cause of embryo quality. (We got then mix of As, Bs and Cs.) Further were strongly recommended looking onto donor egg. See, we didn't have any other way out. Our new dr told us straight own eggs were not going to work, it would have been time and money waste only. We used donor egg and I'm currently in the 1st trimester. I know our cases are too different. But felt I couldn't read and then just go away. Have you got your amh test results so far? :hugs:
@whenmytruerainbow
TTC Princess
TTC Princess

Postby maria1212 » Sun Aug 26, 2018 6:07 am

Hey, your story made me sad. But, no worries, there are many solutions to your problem. IVF is indeed a risky procedure but if you choose the clinic wisely you can get good results. I have tried a clinic in eastern Europe and they assured the success before going for this procedure. They provided me with all the basic facilities and after that, they started all the procedure. With the help of their experienced staff, I am now enjoying my motherhood. Hope you will also get the happiness if you consult clinic like that one. I have also read many success stories about that clinic and I found them the best. Don't trust any clinic blindly unless you experience them. Sending you best wishes. Stay healthy.
maria1212
Friend

Postby dakota-ken » Sun Aug 26, 2018 6:52 am

Hey there infertility has different symptoms for each person. you just have to remain hopeful. There are many success stories of IVF and IUI of people at their 40's. So, you must remain faithful. Also, try consulting the clinic in Europe about this matter. As they will guide you properly. Also what steps you must take further to deal with infertility. All the best for the future. Good luck.
dakota-ken
Friend

Postby Emilykingston » Tue Aug 28, 2018 4:12 am

It was not easy after knowing it has few chances of success. Therefore I searched for surrogacy. There I came upon Biotexcom, which happened to be the best clinic I visited. They are holding a session for everyone with the infertility problem. If anyone wants to know more you guys can visit their website. They also respond to emails. There might be limited seats.
Emilykingston

Postby Janeen1 » Tue Aug 28, 2018 5:04 am

Hello, there. It was really easy for me. I was confused for a very long time. But, the clinic that I chose, they helped me. The doctors after looking at my file decided that it was best if I went for IVF. And, eventually, I realized it was the correct decision.
Janeen1

Postby FlorenceClement » Tue Aug 28, 2018 7:18 am

I had a great experience. I chose IVF because of the clinic that I went to. They were so nice to me! They are actually hosting a great event, very soon. They will have a proper Q/A session in it. I can't wait for it. I have a few questions regarding my second time conceiving.
FlorenceClement
Friend

Postby jess100 » Tue Aug 28, 2018 8:49 am

Your story is really sad. Hope you are doing good now. Every couple wishes for a child. Not being able to conceive is the hardest reality to face. IVF is somehow risky. Its success rate is low as compared to surrogacy but if you choose a good clinic wisely then results can be positive. My sister was on the same boat. Just after one year of her marriage, she was considered infertile. After that she faced two miscarriages. She lost all of her hope but her husband gave her confidence. They found a clinic in Europe. It is the best clinic so far. They got the best staff and facilities. She has just started her procedure of surrogacy and is satisfied with the treatment. It is the result of her endless efforts and hope. Believe in yourself and choose the best infertility treatment plus the best clinic. It matters a lot. Wish you all the best.
jess100
Friend

Postby Kendell bling » Tue Aug 28, 2018 11:19 am

I am sorry I don't have any experience with IVF. I am going for surrogacy since I can't give birth. However, you can do one thing. Why don't you get a free consultation from Biotexcom? This is the clinic I am getting surrogacy from. They will be hosting a session soon. You can attend it for a free consultation.
Kendell bling

Postby Perrie » Tue Aug 28, 2018 11:36 am

Hey! It wasn't much of a decision. I had failed like seven IUIs. It was more of the only option, haha. I tried avoiding it. I wasn't exactly successful, though. I have a massive scare of needles. They frighten me to death! But, I managed to overcome it. Not once, not twice, but thrice! Yes, that's right. I've had three cycles of IVF. The final one finally got me the BFP! It was simply outstanding! I was the happiest woman on the planet. It was great, I can't thank God, enough!
Perrie
Friend

Postby Ajb38 » Tue Aug 28, 2018 2:55 pm

Perrie- Congrats on 3rd times the charm!!! Needles and giving yourself shots inparticular is a scary thing. I became a pro during my many IUI tries. I have decided not to pursue IVF. It is just such a gamble. If I didn't already have my son I most definitely would, but I would rather do something for my family with the $25K then be in debt with something we aren't sure would work.
Ajb38
TTC Princess
TTC Princess

Return to IVF