Egg collection

Is in vitro fertilization helping you achieve your dream of parenthood? Discuss IVF, FET, donor egg and surrogacy here!

Moderators: JessM, southernbelle, maddy, unaffected

Egg collection

Postby postivethinker » Mon Aug 20, 2018 6:19 am

I have just returned for egg collection today. I was keen to hear from other women who have done this. We are on an ICSI plan and this is the first time for me. I have a low egg count so this is the only way if we want to conceive. We only had one follicle and now I wait for the news to see if it is a strong and good enough to go on to the next stage in the process. Has any one else had a low count and successfully became pregnant with only one follicle? I am 39 and although fit and healthy I am constantly told I am old and have little chance but I am thinking positive. It only takes one!
postivethinker
Friend

Re: Egg collection

Postby postivethinker » Tue Aug 21, 2018 5:42 am

It wasn't meant to be this month :-(
postivethinker
Friend

Postby jeenah » Wed Aug 29, 2018 10:06 am

Hi. Did you take eggs donation from Ukraine? Additionally, you have mentioned that it was not a good decision for this month. Can I know the reason, please? I know some of the clinics who are offering registered donors for the patients of infertility. Please let me know in case of any assistance. May you get well soon.
jeenah
Friend

Postby postivethinker » Thu Aug 30, 2018 8:17 am

One of my own eggs were retrieved but it unfortunately didn't fertilise over night. We will try again next month on my next cycle. Both my husband and I are not keen to do a donor egg, I guess everyone has their limitations but for us this feels a step too far.
postivethinker
Friend

Postby @whenmytruerainbow » Mon Sep 17, 2018 8:13 am

I just dropped in to wish you good luck for the next month. I'm sorry this month brought no luck to you. But I believe your joy is just around the corner. Decision on using donor egg is the toughest. 'cause we never want to give up on our genes, that's obvious. It's quite hard to know they'll not be passed to your kid. And none of those of your family.. Dad's talent to play the guitar, or mom's good hand in sewing..And it's all makes you feel terribly sad..It took us years of ttc and unsuccessful ivf shots with oe to come to terms with donor ones. Our new dr was frank with us. She told she wasn't counting much on my eggs. and gave us sth like 5-7% chance of conceiving with them.which was extremelly low! People around didn't seem to understand our grief well.. each time I heard a stupid thing like ''Relax, don't get overstressed and you'll get prego'' (Oh god, tell me HOW??!!! :doh:) ''good suggestions'' like that drove me crazy :rofl: hysterical as if i didn't knew how kids are made and all that stuff about stress etc..I know this is not your road and you're a strong brave one struggling with her eggs. I'm here to wish you all the luck in the world!!
PS i'm currently prego with donor egg.
@whenmytruerainbow
TTC Princess
TTC Princess

Return to IVF