Experience with Endometrial Function Test

Is in vitro fertilization helping you achieve your dream of parenthood? Discuss IVF, FET, donor egg and surrogacy here!

Moderators: JessM, southernbelle, maddy, unaffected

Experience with Endometrial Function Test

Postby ernormous » Tue Aug 21, 2018 6:41 pm

Hello!
My Dr has recommended we do this test. (https://medicine.yale.edu/obgyn/kliman/infertility/eft/) To give a little history, I have had 1 miscarriage and 3 chemical pregnancy losses, all of which were the after IUI (intrauterine insemination) treatments. I am yet to do IVF (in vitro fertilization) or FET. This has been a a journey of almost 3 years and changing Dr 4 times! But this would be my first FET. Also, my fertility issues are undiagnosed at this point, so we have no idea why. But doing this test would be yet another delay and Im feeling REALLY anxious to just try FET and see if I even have an issue after all. It might just be my egg quality which we've now rules out with PGS tested embryos on ice!

SO, all of this is to ask if anyone has any experience with the test? It would mean ANOTHER month delay before we do the FET. Also, my other Dr in NYC that does monitoring for me because my embryos are in LA (long story), says that their practice doesn't do EFT testing and doesn't find it's findings reliable. So i feel really torn what to do. I would love any insight or experience anyone might be able to offer.

Thank you in advance!
ernormous

Return to IVF