IVF with very low sperm count

Is in vitro fertilization helping you achieve your dream of parenthood? Discuss IVF, FET, donor egg and surrogacy here!

Moderators: JessM, southernbelle, maddy, unaffected

IVF with very low sperm count

Postby mustang » Sat Aug 25, 2018 3:32 pm

Hey! I am 28 years old male. My semen is now analyzed twice. My sperm count is only 500 000-900 000/ml and volume 1,5-2ml. Motility is good but not excellent. My second semen analysis results are even worse than the first ones. The situation is really depressing. I don´t hope any more that my sperm count could rise at all. Now we are ready to start some fertility treatments. Is IVF effective treatment with very low sperm count? How high sperm count should be with IVF? Should we go direct to the ICSI treatment? My wife is totally healthy.
mustang

Re: IVF with very low sperm count

Postby Emilykingston » Sun Aug 26, 2018 3:37 am

Hey, don't worry. You should contact the clinic from where you will treat your problem. My brother had the same problem. He has been to many clinics. Suggestions came up. All had their own suggestions. It was however in the end that he got to know about a reliable clinic. It is situated in Europe.They are going to hold an event. The venue and the dates are not announced though. So I can not help you here. You should attend the event. It will be helpful to clear your doubts. I hope I was of some help. You should email them or check their website to know more details.
Emilykingston

Postby Kendell bling » Sun Aug 26, 2018 6:20 am

You have nothing to worry about. IVF and IUI are for this purpose only. These treatments help women to conceive. Women who are unable to get pregnant due to low-quality eggs. The other reason can be the sperm count or quality. In both the cases, IVF or IUI can be really helpful. I am positive that you can get help from either one of the treatments as well. I believe you are blank on these topics and thus let me introduce them to you. In IVF the doctor will retrieve the eggs from your wife. They will then be fertilized in a lab. Your sperm will not be required. Once they get healthy embryos. They can be implanted back in her. Look out for a reliable clinic to do so. Europe can be a great place to search for a good clinic.
Kendell bling

Postby banana78 » Sun Aug 26, 2018 7:54 am

Definitely go straight to ICSI. My husband has a similar count which was not improved by varicocele surgery. We were told IUI was not an option. We were able to fertilize 9 eggs via ICSI. Only one made it to day 5 and through genetic testing. But if we were younger I'm sure the number would be higher.
Me (Jo): 40 / DH: 44 in Toronto

TTC since 2014
banana78
TTC Queen
TTC Queen

Postby Pliskova » Sun Aug 26, 2018 8:16 am

Hey, there. I hope you're alright. I think ICSI would be great for you guys. Good luck to both of you. I really hope it works out. My prayers are with you! You can do this!
Pliskova
Friend

Postby BettyJames » Sun Aug 26, 2018 9:40 am

Hey there. I hope everything is going great. I am really sorry for what you are going through. I think You should go straight for ICSI. It will be more helpful for your situation. I wish you good luck. Please take care of your self.
BettyJames

Return to IVF