Lost our only perfect embryo

Is in vitro fertilization helping you achieve your dream of parenthood? Discuss IVF, FET, donor egg and surrogacy here!

Moderators: JessM, southernbelle, maddy, unaffected

Lost our only perfect embryo

Postby Anfisa2 » Thu Dec 27, 2018 1:23 pm

Hello. We just got the news yesterday that the only perfect embryo we had after 2 egg retrievals did not attach. The blood test was negative. Prior to that all home tests were negative.

Totally devastated. Don't understand how our perfect girl didn't make it. She passed PGS with flying colors, had perfect visual grading, and thawed perfectly.

Has anyone else had a similar situation with a FET? Now we're wondering if we should have gone for a fresh transfer instead.

Thank you for reading.
Anfisa2

Re: Lost our only perfect embryo

Postby hannahdavid » Fri Dec 28, 2018 1:09 pm

I am sorry to read this. I can understand that this must be very hard for you. This is the thing with the process. It is very unpredictable at times. I think the next cycle should be a FET one. I myself have opted for IVF. We will be starting the process next year. I have decided to go for FET. I feel like that will work. Previously my cycle failed so I am scared. I am hoping that this times things will work. We have changed the doctor as well. Good luck to you. Don't lose hope. Sending baby dust your way.
-Low AMH and High FSH
-Poor Ovarian Reserve
-5 IUIs (failed)
-1 IVF (failed)
Life is a total mess
hannahdavid
TTC Diva
TTC Diva

Postby Anfisa2 » Fri Dec 28, 2018 1:24 pm

Thank you so much hannahdavid. Sending you lots of luck as well.

We have 2 frozen 5 day morulas that passed PGS. The chances of them working are low because they stopped growing after the 4th day. But we'll go ahead and transfer and hope for the best.

If it doesn't work we might try a fresh transfer next time. While it comes with its own risks maybe it will be better for us. I did a lot of research over the last day and it seems to me that freezing is the most useful for couples who are lucky enough to produce an excess supply of viable embryos with their first ET. But if neither of our first 2 cycles work out then maybe we'll go with a fresh transfer next time and hope that at least one of them implants.
Anfisa2

Postby Caprice » Sun Dec 30, 2018 11:31 am

I'm so sorry, honey. It must have been quite tough to take. Sometimes, you really don't know why things didn't work out. It's just the way it is, I guess. Don't lose faith, though. I hope you get a sticky BFP, really soon. My prayers and love!
Caprice
BabyDuster
BabyDuster

Postby Anfisa2 » Mon Dec 31, 2018 11:56 am

Thank you so much Caprice! Happy New Year to you.
Anfisa2

Return to IVF