A miracle in the making!

Is in vitro fertilization helping you achieve your dream of parenthood? Discuss IVF, FET, donor egg and surrogacy here!

Moderators: JessM, southernbelle, maddy, unaffected

A miracle in the making!

Postby postivethinker » Fri Jan 25, 2019 7:33 am

Going through my first IVF cycle I was really grateful for the comments and support I received from the platform so I wanted to spread some love and positivity. The past 6 months has been a journey for me, a tough one with lots of lessons learnt. But what I quickly realised is that I need to put it behind me and move on and really get back to living my life and chasing my dream of becoming a mummy.

We restarted with the meds a few weeks ago and I was able to collect one miracle that was inside the follicle. We had the transfer yesterday and everything went really well. We have another Grade A egg which I am told is the best quality so it is now the two week wait before the blood test to confirm If I am pregnant again.

This time the biggest lesson I have learnt is to keep busy and while there is a little miracle developing inside me, not to think too far ahead or to get too excited. It is a one day at a time journey as there is a long way to go.

The reason I am taking the time to write this is to share with you that no matter how the odds are stacked against you, if it is your time and your path it will work out in the end. Have faith, believe in yourself and know that it only takes one egg to make a miracle baby.

Keep busy, keep positive, laugh and think happy thoughts. I am on the journey and I could not be more thankful and hope that this time we meet our little miracle baby.
postivethinker

Re: A miracle in the making!

Postby EstrellaS » Sat Jan 26, 2019 4:28 am

This truly is such a beautiful post. Thank you so much, honey. It means so much! It's really inspirational, and it's so different from the type of posts you see on a daily basis. It really gives me a lot of hope about my own procedure. I want to wish you the best of luck in your journey! Baby dust for you and for all women trying!
EstrellaS
BabyDuster
BabyDuster

Postby Xenia » Sat Jan 26, 2019 4:41 am

What a story. What a lovely journey! I'm so glad you did not give up. Anyone else would most probably have! I'm so happy for you. No one would have blamed you, had you decided to stop. You kept going, though. You're doing everything right, honey. It's amazing to see you confident and optimistic, as well. That's the key to dealing with TTC. It's a depressing and lonely journey, otherwise. Unless you find that inner strength to go on. These posts give me that strength. Thank you for taking out the time and sharing your story. It's really lovely to read it. Good luck with it. I really hope you get the BFP!
Xenia
BabyDuster
BabyDuster

Postby postivethinker » Wed Feb 06, 2019 11:04 am

Tomorrow is the big day! We find out how the two week wait has went. It has been tough... a mixture of symptoms including headaches, nausea and the past three days started with a trace and bleeding which has increased. Not as heavy as a period but enough to notice it... and the slight cramping and back pain. I really don't know what is going on inside but I remain positive and wait for the news. I was curious with my symptoms so I did a couple of cheap pregnancy tests which I tried on different days but both were negative but I can honestly say they have never worked for me. I will keep everything crossed and hope to get good news and a stage further. xx
postivethinker

Postby postivethinker » Thu Feb 07, 2019 6:01 am

Test was negative.... gutted and back to drawing board :-(
postivethinker

Postby hannahdavid » Thu Feb 07, 2019 1:36 pm

Congratulations to you! I am so happy that things worked out for you. This must have been so exciting for you. I believe as well that it is really important to stay positive and busy. Stressing over it a lot does have a bad impact. I also believe that the clinic plays an important role as well. If the clinic and the doctor are successful things do go well. I hope things work out for us in this cycle as well.
-Low AMH and High FSH
-Poor Ovarian Reserve
-5 IUIs (failed)
-1 IVF (failed)
Life is a total mess
hannahdavid
TTC Diva
TTC Diva

Postby postivethinker » Sun Feb 10, 2019 2:47 am

Hi hannahdavid My transfer was positive but in the end I didn't get my positive pregnancy test. This is our third IVF cycle so it is getting harder to know what the right thing is to do. I will give myself a few weeks to think it over with my husband and then decide how to move forward as I will be 40 in a few months and although people say age should not be a factor the reality is, everything is harder and more complications exist. I hope you can keep positive and do what is right for you. It is not easy going through this but keep focused and have faith that if it is meant to be for you, you will get your result. It is great knowing we are not alone and I take a lot of comfort from sharing in stories with other women as it is unfortunately such a common problem for many women.
postivethinker

Postby Nevertoolate » Thu Feb 14, 2019 2:15 am

I'm so sorry for you positivethinker. I'm 40 I've recently done the first visit in my clinic for ivf. Thay said I need a egg donor. We're usighn vitrified eggs so I won't have to wait long. I really understand what you are saying about age. I wish you all the best.
Nevertoolate
Friend

Return to IVF