Two Week Wait

Is in vitro fertilization helping you achieve your dream of parenthood? Discuss IVF, FET, donor egg and surrogacy here!
Post a reply

Re: Still in time for IVF

Fri Apr 26, 2019 7:45 am

Hi Traceywiz I sent you a PM not sure if you have seen it as it says it is still in outbox.

Re: Still in time for IVF

Mon Apr 29, 2019 6:03 am

postivethinker wrote:Hi Traceywiz I sent you a PM not sure if you have seen it as it says it is still in outbox.



Hi postivethinker, I've just replied to you! :)

Re: Still in time for IVF

Tue May 21, 2019 5:34 am

Nevertoolate wrote:Hi girls,
Next week I’m going to start all the process of analysis to undergo (I hope) a IVF treatment.
As a young and carefree woman, I spent my life travelling around Europe, eager to know all cultures. I just wanted to be independent and that’s why I only had worthless relationships.
But then, at 35 years old, I decided to come back to England and settle down. That’s when I met my husband and now, at 40 years old, we want a baby. Unfortunately I can’t get pregnant so we have decided to go to Spain and start the process for IVF treatment.
I’m a hurricane of emotions…. Happy, excited, worried, hopeful…. How can I cope with this? Do you have any suggestion?
I will let you know how it goes…. As I say: it’s never too late! :D

Let me wish you all the best of luck on your way! :hugs:
If not then at your first appointment your doctor reviews your medical history; assesses your general health; arranges initial tests and investigations for you and your partner. You should bring a doctor’s referral from a GP (valid for 12 months) or specialist gynaecologist or obstetrician (valid for 3 months). For women, depending on the level of testing already performed, the fertility specialist may order further pathology tests. For men, a blood test for hepatitis B and C, HIV and semen analysis are all routinely conducted. Pre-pregnancy screening for some genetic conditions such as cystic fibrosis is available too. Other diagnostic tests may include some or all of the following:
Rubella immunity (German measles), Chicken pox, Hepatitis B and C, HIV, Full blood count, checking your blood group, your thyroid status and Current pap smear (within last 2 years). Vaginal ultrasound to check for fibroids, polyps, ovarian cysts, and to act as a ‘baseline’ for reference during your treatment.
Tests for men usually include: HIV, Hepatitis B and C. Semen analysis to check for antibodies and any possible infection. Once they have the results of these tests, your fertility specialist will meet with you again to explain in detail your recommended treatment plan.
Wanted to add. After our appointment, we then met with a nurse and administration team member. We were being informed of the counselling services available to us, before we begin treatment. They fertility nurse explained what to expect in our upcoming IVF treatment cycle. Including the needed specific treatments, injection techniques and medications. Generally, it is best to arrange for the appointment to be about a week before you expect your period in the month that you plan to commence treatment. The clinic's administration team explained the costs associated with our treatment. They answered any questions we had related to those and the timing of payment. This helped us to understand the fees involved. Also a fertility counsellor was available to meet with us to discuss the physical and emotional implications. As we'd already faced many frustrations, disappointments and investigations before coming to the clinic we found it exclusively helpful! Their counsellor was there for us at every stage of the treatment. Hope everything wil pass/has already passed well for you. Good luck.

Re: Still in time for IVF

Wed May 22, 2019 6:32 am

@whenmytruerainbow wrote:Let me wish you all the best of luck on your way! :hugs:
If not then at your first appointment your doctor reviews your medical history; assesses your general health; arranges initial tests and investigations for you and your partner. You should bring a doctor’s referral from a GP (valid for 12 months) or specialist gynaecologist or obstetrician (valid for 3 months). For women, depending on the level of testing already performed, the fertility specialist may order further pathology tests. For men, a blood test for hepatitis B and C, HIV and semen analysis are all routinely conducted. Pre-pregnancy screening for some genetic conditions such as cystic fibrosis is available too. Other diagnostic tests may include some or all of the following:
Rubella immunity (German measles), Chicken pox, Hepatitis B and C, HIV, Full blood count, checking your blood group, your thyroid status and Current pap smear (within last 2 years). Vaginal ultrasound to check for fibroids, polyps, ovarian cysts, and to act as a ‘baseline’ for reference during your treatment.
Tests for men usually include: HIV, Hepatitis B and C. Semen analysis to check for antibodies and any possible infection. Once they have the results of these tests, your fertility specialist will meet with you again to explain in detail your recommended treatment plan.
Wanted to add. After our appointment, we then met with a nurse and administration team member. We were being informed of the counselling services available to us, before we begin treatment. They fertility nurse explained what to expect in our upcoming IVF treatment cycle. Including the needed specific treatments, injection techniques and medications. Generally, it is best to arrange for the appointment to be about a week before you expect your period in the month that you plan to commence treatment. The clinic's administration team explained the costs associated with our treatment. They answered any questions we had related to those and the timing of payment. This helped us to understand the fees involved. Also a fertility counsellor was available to meet with us to discuss the physical and emotional implications. As we'd already faced many frustrations, disappointments and investigations before coming to the clinic we found it exclusively helpful! Their counsellor was there for us at every stage of the treatment. Hope everything wil pass/has already passed well for you. Good luck.



Hi :D Thank you for you're message! It all went perfectly, I hope that you had a wonderful BFP :hb: which was your clinic? I could talk to a councellor, like a fertility coach, and she really helped us. She's still following us after the treatment :angel:

Good luck to you :babydustb:

Re: Still in time for IVF

Thu May 23, 2019 3:42 am

Nevertoolate wrote:
Hi :D Thank you for you're message! It all went perfectly, I hope that you had a wonderful BFP :hb: which was your clinic? I could talk to a councellor, like a fertility coach, and she really helped us. She's still following us after the treatment :angel:

Good luck to you :babydustb:


Woooow I'm so happy for you! I've just been there to see the clinic. fortunately we have a friend living in Malaga so it's easier for us! we liked the clinic, it's all new and people working there are really kind. We liked their way of organizing the treatment, we can't go often to Spain because of our jobs, so what thay offered us could solve our problems :D
Post a reply
IsoFresh
Pregnancy Test Strips
FertilAid for Women and Men
OvaCue
OvaGraph
IsoFresh
5 Tips Newsletter