IUI or IVF?

Is in vitro fertilization helping you achieve your dream of parenthood? Discuss IVF, FET, donor egg and surrogacy here!

Moderators: JessM, southernbelle, maddy, unaffected

IUI or IVF?

Postby Xenia » Sat Mar 30, 2019 3:13 am

My friend is about to start her fourth cycle of IUI. She got a BFP on her second attempt but miscarried. She's slightly confused whether to stick with IUI or consider IVF. I don't know what to tell her. She suffers from PCOS. So, I'm looking for a bit of advice for her. Anything and everything would be helpful!
Xenia
BabyDuster
BabyDuster

Re: IUI or IVF?

Postby Caprice » Wed Apr 03, 2019 7:19 am

Hello, Xenia. I hope you and your friend are doing okay. IUI and IVF both can be a little unreliable. IVF has a better chance of working out. I think it could be a good idea to mix things up. However, sticking with IUI might be a good option, too, considering it increases with each cycle. Best of luck to her! It would make more sense to consult the clinic. They know best.
Caprice
BabyDuster
BabyDuster

Postby EstrellaS » Wed Apr 03, 2019 7:24 am

I agree with Caprice. She's absolutely correct. I would personally suggest you go for IVF. I think it has a better chance of working out. My prayers are with you. Keep us updated on the procedure. I hope you get the BFP!
EstrellaS
BabyDuster
BabyDuster

Postby AmySmith » Wed Apr 03, 2019 7:33 am

Good to see some lovely replies. I managed to conceive thanks to IVF. However, given your friend's situation, I feel like her best shot is sticking with IUIs. She should consult the professionals. Their opinion could be even more helpful. Best of luck to her! I hope it happens.
AmySmith
BabyDuster
BabyDuster

Postby Xenia » Wed Apr 03, 2019 7:55 am

Thank you so much, everyone. I love the fact that you all replied. It's really nice of you. I will be taking these bits of advice under consideration. I'll definitely keep you updated on how it all goes. You're all so nice and kind! Keep up the lovely work, ladies.
Xenia
BabyDuster
BabyDuster

Postby EstrellaS » Sun Apr 07, 2019 2:19 am

Have you decided which treatment you will opt for? I'd love to catch up with you. I'm also thinking about starting IVF next month. It would be really nice to discuss the details. Lots of baby dust for you. PM me if you want to catch up, hun! I'm a bit confused, and we could help each other out. x
EstrellaS
BabyDuster
BabyDuster

Postby Xenia » Sun Apr 07, 2019 2:21 am

Hey, Estrella. No worries we should definitely catch up! I haven't decided, as of yet. I personally think IVF makes sense more. My husband prefers going for IUIs. It's still a work in progress. We have a consultation meeting, soon. Hopefully, that clears things up for us! What do you plan on doing?
Xenia
BabyDuster
BabyDuster

Postby hannahdavid » Sun Apr 21, 2019 12:25 pm

I am really sorry to read about her failed cycle. I would suggest that she should move on to IVF. However, tell her to research before opting for the process. It really matters that the clinic for the process is experienced. Therefore, be careful. Good luck to you. Sending baby dust her way. I hope things work for her.
-Low AMH and High FSH
-Poor Ovarian Reserve
-5 IUIs (failed)
-1 IVF (failed)
Life is a total mess
hannahdavid
TTC Diva
TTC Diva

Postby hannahdavid » Sun Apr 21, 2019 12:59 pm

I would suggest that she opts for IVF. There is a higher chance of success with that as compared to IUI. Other than that ask her to research properly before visiting the clinic. The more the clinic is experienced the more the chances are high. Good luck to her. If she needs any help let me know. I hope things work out for her. Sending baby dust her way.
-Low AMH and High FSH
-Poor Ovarian Reserve
-5 IUIs (failed)
-1 IVF (failed)
Life is a total mess
hannahdavid
TTC Diva
TTC Diva

Return to IVF