New to group-1st IVF

Is in vitro fertilization helping you achieve your dream of parenthood? Discuss IVF, FET, donor egg and surrogacy here!

Moderators: JessM, southernbelle, maddy, unaffected

New to group-1st IVF

Postby Floridattc » Thu May 09, 2019 8:20 am

Hi all. I am new to the group. I just had my ER yesterday. I am 44 yrs old (yikes!) and this is my first round of IVF. I (barely) survived all of the meds and injections. Doing a frozen transfer in June/July. Just got the call that of the 20 eggs retrieved yesterday, 15 were mature enough, and of those 15, 13 were successfully fertilized. I know there is still a long process ahead and this doesn’t guarantee success, but do these numbers look promising to you??
Floridattc

Re: New to group-1st IVF

Postby @whenmytruerainbow » Wed May 15, 2019 3:38 am

Definitely promising! Good job!
Doing injections was the worst part for me. And for the first timer it is always sth to feel confused about. I had my dh to do them for the first couple of days 8) Well and this ER day. This is sth I can feel vivid even now, when we're on the other side of the fence. The anesthesiologist started with a small amount of the medicine. It made me feel comfortable and a little bit tired. He said he would give me more when doc comes. I was laying there with our kind nurse next to me. She asked how I was feeling. I was feeling nauseous so she gave me an injection. We slowly walked back to the recovery room. There I took pain medicine - hydrocodone 5 milligrams. Once I was feeling confident that I could walk, my husband helped me to the car. Not that throwing up or pain are horrible in of themselves, but together it made me want my bed badly. I was very sore. The pain meds didn't sink in, however I was able to fall asleep. Right after the procedure the doctors let my husband know the number of eggs they got. Wishing you all the best ahead with your coming cycle.
@whenmytruerainbow
TTC Princess
TTC Princess

Postby hannahdavid » Thu May 23, 2019 5:10 pm

Good luck to you. I hope IVF works for you. It is an amazing procedure. I know so many people who have been able to conceive after opting for the process. It is all bout visiting the right doctor for the process. Sending baby dust your way . Just take extra care of yourself. Eat a lot of healthy stuff and drink lots of water.
-Low AMH and High FSH
-Poor Ovarian Reserve
-5 IUIs (failed)
-1 IVF (failed)
Life is a total mess
hannahdavid
TTC Diva
TTC Diva

Postby mimimama » Fri Jul 12, 2019 11:01 am

Good luck, keep my fingers crossed
Me 31, DH 40. TTC 5 years. Unexplained infertility.
December 2015- IVF #1 BFN
May/June 2016- new doctor, IVF consultation in Gdansk Poland
October 2016- IVF #2 Invicta BFP!!!
July 2017 - our daughter M arrived, we are so happy
mimimama
TTC Princess
TTC Princess

Postby grifter » Thu Aug 08, 2019 12:55 am

Hi,

Good luck hope it all works out. Me and my partner just about to do the same, first time IVF age 43, Had an ectopic last year and been unable to get BFP since. Had a few times we really thought it had happened but was just cruel AF playing it's dirty tricks. Got pcos long cycles 40 days, missed period in March, stress I think, but seems back on track. May I ask what was your amh reading. We got 11.4, which I think is not bad for age, although they always say quality over quantity. Sperm sample totally fine.
grifter
Friend

Postby mimimama » Mon Sep 30, 2019 12:41 pm

grifter - your AMH is really good, good luck and wish a positive result x
Me 31, DH 40. TTC 5 years. Unexplained infertility.
December 2015- IVF #1 BFN
May/June 2016- new doctor, IVF consultation in Gdansk Poland
October 2016- IVF #2 Invicta BFP!!!
July 2017 - our daughter M arrived, we are so happy
mimimama
TTC Princess
TTC Princess

Return to IVF