BFP with Clomid - and no symptoms!

Cramping? Spotting? Obsessing? Share and compare your symptoms in the 2WW!

Moderators: JessM, southernbelle, maddy, unaffected

BFP with Clomid - and no symptoms!

Postby Carolina2011 » Fri Apr 22, 2011 10:56 am

Firstly, thanks to everyone else for sharing their stories. During the many, many months of TCC it really helped to know that I wasn't alone and that I wasn't the only one obsessing every second of every day. I'm afraid the advice "try not to think about it" to someone battling with infertility is like telling a starving person not to think about food!

My little boy is now nearly 6 months and I have only just plucked up the courage to share my story. Maybe because after so long TTC, I still can't believe I am a mom!

Maybe my story will be helpful to someone else in my situation...
My husband and I decided to start a family, so I went off the pill. My periods only came every 3 months or so, sometimes less. I thought it was just because I had been on the pill for so long. But after about 9 months and about a million ovulation kits later, I realised something was wrong.
The gynaecologist confirmed that I had PCOS. He prescribed clomid to help me ovulate but it didn't work the first month. Then I heard about a "doctor" in my area who uses homeopathy, laser and acupuncture treatment with great results. He implied that unless I get my body in balance using his treatments, that I wouldn't be able to sustain a pregnancy. I decided to give it a try but after MONTHS and MONTHS of patiently waiting and shelling out a lot of money, absolutely nothing had changed. By then I felt so defeated and helpless and I realised that unless I took more active action I was going to become even more depressed.
I went back to my gynae and ultrasound scans confirmed that nothing had changed and that having PCOS does NOT mean that you will miscarry! We decided to give the clomid a try. Again nothing.
After a few months, though, I ovulated successfully and we tried IUI. And so began the two week wait! It was over Valentines' Day and I went with my husband for a picnic in the park... perfectly romantic for a perfect time- I just KNEW I was pregnant and there were plenty of symptoms. Sore breasts and EXTREMELY nauseas. 10 DPO= BFN, 11DPO= BFN....14DPO= BFN.... and then....AF came to town. I was devastated. I read the Clomid pack and sure enough: side effects include nausea!

The next month we tried Clomid again but when I went to the doc, he said one follicle was growing but it was still too small (12mm). He said I should return in two days time but that unless it was bigger, we probably wouldn't go ahead with the IUI that month because I was unlikely to ovulate. So I went back two days later, he scanned me again and the follicle had ruptured: by some strange stroke of luck I had ovulated! Luckily my husband and I had "seized the moment" because it was too late to try IUI. This time, during the 2WW there was NOTHING. No nausea, no cramping, no spotting. I had one moment where I felt slightly dizzy but that was it. On 12 DPO I took a test and nearly fell off the toilet when I saw TWO LINES!!!!!!! A blood test a few days later confirmed BFP!

I guess the point of my story is that if you don't have any symptoms, it doesn't mean you're not pregnant.
BTW: a few weeks later, the nausea kicked in, and then some!

GOOD LUCK to all the other brave, strong women out there who are going through hell right now. You are not alone and you WILL be a mom one day.
Carolina2011
Friend

Postby CypKitty » Sun Apr 24, 2011 4:54 am

Thank you so much for sharing your story - I hope that very soon we all get our BFPs
Me: 25 Hubby: 35

TTC since 18th December 2008

2 miscarriages. 2nd was ectopic and left tube is now gone...

Just started IVF/ICSI cycle. At this stage EC 28/9, ET 3/10

http://www.fertilityfriend.com/home/347595

Youtube vlog: http://www.youtube.com/user/ttcabeba

Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/ttcabeba
CypKitty
TTC Princess
TTC Princess

Postby Carolina2011 » Sun Apr 24, 2011 10:29 am

You WILL. Stay strong and take time to pamper yourself. Keeping my fingers and toes crossed for you :D
Carolina2011
Friend

Postby Justagirl » Sun Apr 24, 2011 1:47 pm

Thank you for posting your story, it is very encouraging!!

Congrats on being a mommy! Hoping to join the club soon ;)
ME: (JJ) 33 :love: DH: 37
TTC#1 for 2.5 years
Dx: lean PCOS/ DH: perfect
5 failed medicated cycles (3 w/IUIs)
IVF#1:Dec 2011 Antagonist: BFP (chemical)
FET#1: April 2012 BFN
IVF#2: August 2012 Long Lupron: BFP!! TWINS!!! :hb: :hb:
4/10/13: Our boys arrive at 35 weeks, happy and healthy!!
5/8/15: SURPRISE BFP!!!
Betas: 12dpo: 49, 14dpo: 102, 21dpo: 1749, 28dpo: 14,737
6/4: ONE baby with :hb: 134
Justagirl
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby JessM » Sun Apr 24, 2011 6:02 pm

Thank you so much for your story! Its so agonizing during the 2WW if you don't have any symptoms! Congrats on the baby!

IT'S A BOY!
Declan 12/31/11 at 10:29 PM
JessM

Postby Tonylou » Mon Apr 25, 2011 1:46 am

Such a inspiring story, thank you xxxx
Tonylou
Friend

Postby Carolina2011 » Mon Apr 25, 2011 8:59 am

Thanks everyone. Here's to plenty of :bfp: soon!
xxxx
Carolina2011
Friend

Postby memphismomma » Tue Apr 26, 2011 6:29 pm

Carolina I also had no pregnancy symptoms. I got a bfp on my first cylce of clomid 9 dpo. I am now 5 weeks and still no symptoms except being tired. My beta was 6,377 and still no symptoms.
me-27
dh-25
ds-21 months
Just got my bfp at 9 dpo
Due date Dec. 26th
memphismomma
BabyDuster
BabyDuster

Postby Carolina2011 » Thu May 12, 2011 2:03 am

Ooooh congtrats and good luck memphismomma! :D
Carolina2011
Friend