I'm getting in my head and it's driving me crazy!

Cramping? Spotting? Obsessing? Share and compare your symptoms in the 2WW!

Moderators: JessM, southernbelle, maddy, unaffected

I'm getting in my head and it's driving me crazy!

Postby Laticauda » Wed May 11, 2011 9:05 am

I know, I know....this is what almost ALL women TTC go through. This is a new for me though.

Last night I was looking at myself in the mirror, and noticed VERY prominent veins in both of my breasts. Now, all I can wonder is "Have they always been that way, and I just never looked at myself in the mirror before?" I asked DH if they have always been like that and he said "Uh--no, I don't think so." THANKS FOR NOTHING! lol Also...normally my breasts are VERY sore (especially around the nipple) before AF...this time NOTHING. Last cycle when I had the ectopic pregnancy, my breasts were sore, so I'm not sure what to think now without that AF AND pregnancy symptom.

Anyway, my temperature has been REALLY steady. I really think FF messed up my ovulation date, and I'm further in DPO than I suspected. However, all of the temperatures around 97.4 have been taken an hour earlier than my used to be usual waking time (DH's work schedule has changed, there's nothing I can do about that.) I know that those temperatures should be a little bit higher, but it's hard to convince myself that I'm not "out" already.

On the morning of the 4th, I felt weird twinges on my left side. The day of the 4th, I saw my RE, and he did an ultrasound and said I had very recently ovulated, and he could see my corpus luteum on my right ovary (I don't have a right tube, so I'm really hopeful that what I felt was the eggy being sucked up by my left tube.) Also, a day or two ago, I felt a weird...wiggle? That's really the only way I know how to describe it. Anyway, can't wait to test, I'm going to try to hold out until Monday the 16th. The RE Told me to test on the 17, 18, 19, and 20 and if I have a positive to come in and have beta drawn, so I can get started on Progesterone and HCG injections. This is the first cycle I've even seen my RE, and he kind of expected us to be using protection before we saw him (he must be crazy!)

Ok, sorry for the vent....I bought four $store tests on Monday, and have one Answer left over from a pregnancy scare back in February. Thanks for listening, it definitely feels better to talk to women who understand rather than DH who "just doesn't get it." He's a good sport and all, but he really just doesn't know how to react to stuff like this! MEN!
Raychel 28- PCOS, Hypothyroid, & Endometriosis
DH 26 - Above average numbers of fast, forward swimming sperm

Started TTC 2002
4-6-05 Miscarriage @ 8 weeks
1-24-08 Chemical Pregnancy
2-25-08 Miscarriage @ 5 weeks
Stopped TTC - couldn't handle anymore loss

NTNP(March '11) 4-10-11 Ectopic Pregnancy @ 7 weeks, Laparoscopy to remove products of conception and part of right tube
Dx'd: Hypothyroid May 5, 2011 Started Thyroid Meds May 6, 2011
http://www.fertilityfriend.com/home/Blindsided
Laticauda
TTC Princess
TTC Princess

Postby Laticauda » Wed May 11, 2011 9:53 am

Oh, I also wanted to add that I was diagnosed hypothyroid from the blood drawn on the 4th, and I started my thyroid medication on Friday morning. Boy, it's like they breathed life back into my body. I have so much energy, I'm tired at night, and want to wake up and get out of the bed in the morning.

I'm hoping that since I started them before the eggy had a chance to implant, that if I am pregnant, then I won't have an early miscarriage like so many times before.

Started TTC 2002

NTNP(March '11) 4-10-11 Ectopic Pregnancy @ 7 weeks, Laparoscopy to remove products of conception and part of right tube
Laticauda
TTC Princess
TTC Princess

The weirdest thing happened...

Postby Laticauda » Fri May 13, 2011 7:51 am

Missing from this equation, are my sore bbs. I normally have them with every cycle. When I had the ectopic pregnancy, they were sore too, so I'm not quite sure what to make of this. I'm debating on taking a test, but all I have are some $store and one answer. I don't want to waste the answer, KWIM. I'm glad to see my temperature went up this morning, higher than before it took a huge plunge yesterday.. It looks like my thyroid medicine is doing a great job, my temperatures seem really smooth and flowing rather than jaggedy and ugly like before I started taking the medication.

The weirdest thing happened to me this morning though. Something woke me up at 2:30, I grabbed the thermometer, took my temp, put it into my cell phone, was quite pleased, then looked at the time. GREAT! So, I tried to go back to sleep, and when I woke up at my normal waking time, it said the same result, but 0.01 degree cooler, so I kept the 2:30 temperature anyway. No idea what could have woke me up in the middle of the night like that and I just sprung awake and into action to take my temperature!

Has this ever happened to any of you?

Started TTC 2002

Laticauda
TTC Princess
TTC Princess

Postby JessM » Sun May 15, 2011 3:52 pm

So, before my BFP I had the same thing with my bbs. I asked DH and he was like "uhhh I don't usually look at your veins". He was never helpful!

I hope this is the start of your BFP. I can't speak much for temping, because I didn't do it.

I had very few symptoms, but I didn't have PMS like I usually do. I didn't think of that as a symptom, but I guess it was!

IT'S A BOY!
Declan 12/31/11 at 10:29 PM
JessM

Postby moonshyne » Tue May 17, 2011 7:54 am

I'm not as bad as the first time I ttc'd but man, I came close to losing my mind. We had tried for YEARS for baby number 1 and then I found this site and learned all I needed to know about being a professional TTC'er lol. Four cycles of implementing every fertility aide I could think of, obessing over every tiny thing, freaking if dh wasn't home when I needed him to bd,...oh yeah, it's a wonder he didn't run for the hills. He did not have the same sense of urgency I did. A bfn would just get a "Oh, well we'll try again next month"..yet I'd be devasted with every single one.

No, men do NOT get it at all. That's why there's tww! So we can all commiserate with one another. There's no stress like the stress of ttc..all the while everyone around you tells you to "relax" I swear if I had heard that one more time when we were ttc my first I would have gone postal on someone lol. Thankfully this time around, mostly because my two little ones keep me insanely busy, I don't have as much time to obess non stop like I did before. I'm hoping somehow that leads to a bfp sooner then later. But honestly I am worried. I'm almost 36 (I can hear my clock ticking-loudly!lol) and seeing how I spent my 20's with unexplained fertility I do worry that this unexplained infertility thing will come back to haunt me. I pray it doesn't but it's always at the back of my mind.

Your in good company here and I hope you get your BFP very soon. *Try* and wait to test though. My impatience with testing lead to me getting a bfp probably later then if I would have just waited. At 11 dpo I tested and got bfn..thought I was out. In fact I bawled my eyes out and officially "gave up" ttc. Well a few days later it hit me that AF hadn't shown. I thought it was my body playing some cruel tricks on me. Reluctantly I tested and got BFP!!! With my son, there was no ttc..I got pregnant the first time we had sex after I had my daughter! We had gone months without sex (low lying placenta issues) and I couldn't believe it. So this is my second time officially ttc. FX for blazing bfp's for all of us!!
*CURRENT STATUS*: Proud Mommy to two pumpkin babies. Samantha born Oct.18, 2007 and Johnny born Oct 8, 2008 & now expecting #3

SIGGY BELOW FROM 2007, I JUST DON'T HAVE THE HEART TO DELETE IT..

Me 31, DH 38
TTC 4 cycles. CBEFM, PreSeed, Green Tea and Evening Primrose Oil.
Got our BFP January 28th!!
Beta 644 @ 17dpo
Beta 2248 @ 20 dpo
Beta 8000+ @ 25 dpo
Stick, baby, stick!! :sticky:
Feb 8 - Heartbeat detected!! 101 BPM
ImageImage
BabyDuster
BabyDuster

Postby Laticauda » Tue May 17, 2011 8:16 am

Thanks for posting, moonshyne. My temps today are down again, and FF moved my CH's from CD24 to CD22. Have no idea why, but I'm pretty sure that I O'd around midnight of CD23-CD24, since I had my RE appt on CD24, and he said I must have JUST ovulated, and I FELT some weird stuff going on the previous night.

I've tested, and they were BFN. I could have swore I felt AF coming on last night, and this morning I'm gassy as all get out (I just started actos, which is an insulin medication, so it could be from that.) I'm not going to test, just going to wait for AF to come. I don't have any cheap tests left, and won't use another FRER or Answer til I have an IC or $store test show something.

Can't wait for AF to finally get here, so I can schedule my HSG and finally hear the verdict as to whether my left tube (the only one that's left)is still functioning. I also have an MRI/MRA scheduled for May 25. This was my first cycle after having my ectopic removed, and this will be first AF since February (I bled during and after the ectopic, but I wouldn't really call any of that an AF bleed.)

The worst part of it all is that before the ectopic, I wasn't even THINKING about babies, but about a week after the surgery, the longing came back to me in full force. I was really hoping that I could jsut get pregnant this cycle and be DONE with this whole fiasco. Alas, on to more testing, trying and disappointment. It's hard to have hope after almost ten years and no baby.

Started TTC 2002

Laticauda
TTC Princess
TTC Princess

Postby moonshyne » Tue May 17, 2011 1:34 pm

I understand your frustration, I spent my entire 20's longing for a baby. I once did get pregnant in that decade--only for mother nature to deal me a really cruel hand. A missed miscarraige at 12 weeks. The baby had stopped growing at 6 wks but I had no sign whatsoever. I had no idea about betas and stuff and had no clue. I finally did get pregnant at 31 and again at 32 (God has a great sense of humor--here I go from "unexplained infertility" to 2 back to back babies) I had people say "Well what are you going to do.." Keep the baby of course! Geez I spent 11 years total ttc and I wasn't about to give up any gift from God even if the timing was a little soon. Keep faith, I had all but given up ttc. I couldn't bear another bfn, I remember feeling very "less than" as a woman. I was angry at the universe..I saw people not fit to raise a dog having kids left right and ceneter and thought I was destined to remain childless forever. I got my FX for you, you've been through A LOT and are no doubt very very drained emotionally and physically from this ordeal. But I think it will happen for you and probably when you think "ah, there's no way it was this month" The month I conceived my daughter I had zip symptoms except for lines on my chest and bbs. It felt like AF was imminent and that bfp came as a shocker. I had way more symptoms in the months I wasn't pregnant lol. Your in my prayers and I hope you get your bfp and baby gets snuggled in the right place. Hopefully starting the meds will help increase your chances and you'll be pregnant before long. PS, I never got a bfp before 15 dpo, so hoping maybe baby just implanted later and you still have hope. It's not over til AF comes!
*CURRENT STATUS*: Proud Mommy to two pumpkin babies. Samantha born Oct.18, 2007 and Johnny born Oct 8, 2008 & now expecting #3

SIGGY BELOW FROM 2007, I JUST DON'T HAVE THE HEART TO DELETE IT..

Me 31, DH 38
TTC 4 cycles. CBEFM, PreSeed, Green Tea and Evening Primrose Oil.
Got our BFP January 28th!!
Beta 644 @ 17dpo
Beta 2248 @ 20 dpo
Beta 8000+ @ 25 dpo
Stick, baby, stick!! :sticky:
Feb 8 - Heartbeat detected!! 101 BPM
ImageImage
BabyDuster
BabyDuster

Return to Pregnancy Symptoms?