is my luteal phase too short?

Cramping? Spotting? Obsessing? Share and compare your symptoms in the 2WW!

Moderators: JessM, southernbelle, maddy, unaffected

is my luteal phase too short?

Postby Alyce » Thu May 12, 2011 9:37 pm

weve been trying for over a year now and im re-reading the "charting your way to conception" e-book on fertility friend to see if i can find the answer to finally getting pregnant!
it says "knowing your luteal phase will let you know if it is sufficiently long to allow for implantation to take place and pregnancy be sustained"

so my question is, how short is too short? my luteal phase is 10 days. i ovulate around cd19-20 normally.
TTC over 3 years. 6 cycles 100mg Clomid, 5 BFNs 1 Ectopic. Lap and fertility testing, DX Unexplained Infertility.
BFP 8/12: Ectopic pregnancy - treated unsucessfully with Methotrexate, then surgically removed in emergency surgery.
10/12: Found out my right tube is deformed and my left tube is badly damaged from the Ectopic pregnancy. Advised to move onto IVF because I have almost no chance of conceiving naturally.
Alyce
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby claudhopper » Fri May 13, 2011 9:36 pm

I would say it's a little on the short side. Mine was only 9-10 days long. Then I started taking Vitex and a B50 Complex and it's now 14 days. I have started reading a book about nutrition and supplementation and how to increase your chance of conception naturally. It's called "Optimum Nutrition before, during and after pregnancy" by Patrick Holford. Very informative.
Me: 34 DH: 39 DS: 2
My Ovulation Chart

claudhopper
BabyDuster
BabyDuster

Postby littlemunskin3 » Sat May 14, 2011 4:21 am

Hi

Mine is 10 days and I have a beautiful little boy!

Don't give up!

Julie
littlemunskin3
Friend

Postby JessM » Sat May 14, 2011 10:37 am

I've read 10 days is adequate!

IT'S A BOY!
Declan 12/31/11 at 10:29 PM
JessM

Postby intime » Wed May 18, 2011 7:32 am

I know this was a while back but I was on clomid to conceive my first and I noticed that my LP was a little short, 10 days so I told my dr about it so she put me on progesterone and I got my BFP that month. So maybe your babes are slower travelers and 10 days is not enough to implant! I would at least ask your dr!
Mommy to three little boys...Xavier, Jacobi and Akira
intime

Return to Pregnancy Symptoms?