5dpo - Want to wait and obsess with me?

Cramping? Spotting? Obsessing? Share and compare your symptoms in the 2WW!

Moderators: unaffected, JessM, southernbelle, maddy

Re: 5dpo - Want to wait and obsess with me?

Postby feefee87 » Wed Jul 19, 2017 1:13 pm

Hi Khud

Thanks for the message and welcome to the group!

The Ladies on here are so lovely I'm sure they will make you feel at home soon enough!

I've not been pregnant before so I wouldn't know what to look for especially as AF symptoms are exactly the same as early pregnancy symptoms!

Good luck to you this month but remember it can take some time (look at me I'm on month 15).

Oh and any questions you want to ask just ask nothing is off limits on here lol.

X
feefee87
TTC Queen
TTC Queen

Postby Khudsonucf » Wed Jul 19, 2017 3:13 pm

As mentioned, I've read about a year and a half of posts. I'm not sure I have a single question you guys haven't already answered lol. I'm very excited. I was on the depo shot for five years and had my last one in may '16 just to get me through my wedding. I knew we would start TTC in summer of 2017, and here we are.

I lied. I do have one question. Have you guys heard anything about false positives on digital tests? I got a false pregnant last October when we weren't trying on a clear blue digital ept followed by about seven negatives. After my last post, I got impatient and decided to test even though I promised myself I would wait until 10 dpo. I got a BFP on a digital FRER. I'm so hesitant to believe it after last time a reading a bunch about their digital False BFP
Khudsonucf
Friend

Postby mglupe1979 » Wed Jul 19, 2017 6:40 pm

Welcome khudso!! Do you have any picture you can post? We shall be able to give you our hones thoughts.
mglupe1979
TTC Diva
TTC Diva

Postby ewar » Thu Jul 20, 2017 3:57 am

Welcome Khudsonucf! Good luck! I am sure it will take no time at all to get your BFP! Sometimes you get 'signs' sometimes you don't! The month before I fell I had all the symptoms and then AF came. The month I fell I didn't have any 'signs' and assumed I wasn't pregnant!

Feefee it sounds like with all the tests and the hard work you've been putting in that your BFP is coming soon! Keep us updated with how you go. Hopefully the tests give you some answers and direction on what you can do to get the BFP.

Mgulpe, I've got everything crossed for you!

Aw thanks Shia! Mum life is great! Since we got home from hospital my husband has been back at work, so I was thrown in the deep end! He has had this week off though, which has been good but also bad. Harriet and I were in a routine and he's kinda disrupted it this week haha! It's crazy that our bubs ended up being a day apart haha! It's definitely hard to think about another baby when your changing your 100th nappy and it's only 10am hahah!

With Miss A being clingy and you co-sleeping have you tried using one of the co-sleeping beds? A friend lent us hers and it's great. We haven't used it in the bed with the two of us, but when my husband goes to work I put her in it because she hates sleeping once the sun is up!

with her sleeping a lot in the day make sure you've got lots of sun light in the house and take her outside to get her used to being awake when the sun is up and asleep when it's dark. Some bubs get their night and day confused!

Also is she hating laying on her back after you feed her because she had wind or reflux? Harriet screams and won't settle because of wind and reflux. Once we pump her legs and burp her she is fine! Worth a try?

Afm. Harriet is a little character. She is currently asleep sitting up on my husbands legs. It's hilarious when she is screaming and then falls asleep mid scream!

She has been sleeping really well at night. She takes a while to get down initially. We're putting her down at around 11 and she is sleeping until around 3 and then waking again 6 and then fully awake around 8. Her 3 and 6am wakes she gets a nappy change and feed and is super easy to put down. The whole process is about 30-40mins.

During the day she will have one big 4hr sleep and then is pretty much awake until around 7 with 20min cat naps every so often.

She social smiled last week! Absolutely loving being a mum! It's funny I don't miss being pregnant at all and I never want to go through 36hrs of labour again! BUT weirdly I long for the time I was at the hospital in labour and that moment I did that last push and she was out.

We're definitely going to try for another in October next year. Harriet will be 1 year and 4 months. So I guess you're all stuck with me haha!

I'll post a pick of Harriet in a different post!
ewar
BabyDuster
BabyDuster

Postby ewar » Thu Jul 20, 2017 4:07 am

Kud, I haven't had any experience with false positives. But I am pretty sure they are fairly rare. Have you tested with a non digital to confirm? When I tested I did the normal tests and then when I had a few positives I did the clear blue digital.
ewar
BabyDuster
BabyDuster

Postby ewar » Thu Jul 20, 2017 4:11 am

This is Harriet at 5 weeks (yesterday)!
Attachments
IMG_6388.JPG
IMG_6388.JPG (70.03 KiB) Viewed 525 times
ewar
BabyDuster
BabyDuster

Postby Khudsonucf » Thu Jul 20, 2017 6:27 am

I love seeing all the babies on here! I'm so glad motherhood is agreeing to you guys. I took an additional three tests: One non digital FRER, another digital FRER, and one clear blue digi. All BFP. We were loosely TTC the past few months, but this was the first that we timed it with my body signs TTC. I didn't have any signs at allike what I've seen mentioned in terms of implantation bleeding, cramps or sore breasts, so I was really worried. However, I used to get cold sores a lot a few years back. I haven't had one since the stress of my wedding brought one about last year, and I just got one out of no where a couple of days ago. Since I haven't been dehydrated, heavily drinking, sick or in the sun too much, I thought it could be caused by a big hormone shift. I just thought I'd put that out there. Who knew I'd ever be happy about a cold sore one day.
Attachments
IMG_5248.JPG
IMG_5248.JPG (65.53 KiB) Viewed 520 times
Khudsonucf
Friend

Postby feefee87 » Thu Jul 20, 2017 6:56 am

Congratulations!
feefee87
TTC Queen
TTC Queen

Postby Khudsonucf » Thu Jul 20, 2017 7:58 am

Thank you feefee. I really hope your BPF is right around the corner!!!
Khudsonucf
Friend

Postby ewar » Thu Jul 20, 2017 12:51 pm

Congratulations Kud! I also got a cold sore when I fell! And then again at 39 weeks. Now that you're pregnant you can't take or put anything on for your cold sore :( like nothing at all as they all cross over the placenta. If you get another cold sore close to your due date speak with your doctor.
ewar
BabyDuster
BabyDuster

Postby mglupe1979 » Thu Jul 20, 2017 3:00 pm

Ewar she beautiful. She looks so big already. Ufff im in love with these two babies, harriet and Ariah.
Congratulation khudson!!!
mglupe1979
TTC Diva
TTC Diva

Postby MrsA87 » Fri Jul 21, 2017 3:26 am

Hey everyone :) I'm new here and this is my first time posting. My husband and I are TTC our first baby! I'm currently 4 DPO and symptom stalking!
I have been using the Clearblue Ovulation tracker. My husband and I BD on 12 July. The next morning I had the flashing smiley face. I tested first thing in the morning on 15th and still flashing. I wasn't feeling very well on the 16th and I didn't test until 5pm as I forgot. When I tested I got the solid smiley face which I think means I will ovulate in 24-36 hours. The next day, the 17th at around 9pm I felt some pain on my right side and so we BD in the hopes that the pain was caused by ovulation. Anyway, long story short I have tender breasts today and am wondering if any of you ladies think I have a chance at being pregnant this month?

Thanks so much in advance :)
MrsA87
Friend

Postby Shia17 » Fri Jul 21, 2017 4:40 pm

Hi Ladies

MrsA welcome to to the group :) most pregnant symptoms will not occur until after implantation which generally occur around 8dpo... Most symptoms before implantation are caused by the release of progesterone after ovulation. In saying that their is every possibility that you could be pregnant this month :) what are you using to track your ovulation besides the ovulation kit? Which sound like they are working well for you :) Also where you on any birth control prior to ttc? Sounds like you got your bedding timed out well. Although thought I might mention that the best day to try is the day before ovulation as it takes the spermy some time to get to the egg. Good luck and keep us posted :)

Mglupe how are you doing? Sending you positive vibes and unlimited love xoxo have you talked to your Dr about the possibility that having the BC surgically removed has effected your fertility? I'm so sorry about the 12 follicles I can't even imagine your frustration and pain :( how are you going? How is everything with your OH? And your boys? Is 120 lbs or kgs? If it's kgs wow your thin... I'm 173 cm and weight us 84kgs my recommended is 65 to 70 kgs but I suppose 5.2 is shorter than me so that makes more sense... You must have a rocking body :D... Thank you for the compliment I have to agree she is gorgeous :) keeping you in my thoughts and sending positive vibes your way

Ewar thank you for the advice :) we tried a couple Sleeper the next to me (cost am arm and a leg lol) and she still won't sleep in it. It's Ll set up next to the bed but just not in use lol. Shes not so bad during the night she sleeps next to me quite soundly... It's the say time she doesn't want to bed left alone lol. I had the same thoughts about reflux and she's pretty good sleeping on her side or in an elevated position. I've been doing the light thing you recommended :) and definitely helped a lot :) glad to hear Harriet is smiling :D, Ariah smiles but I can never get a picture lol reading about your night time feeds sounds like someone telling me about Ariahs sleeping patterns :P different with day time though lol good to hear you have a plan in place for ttc are you going to use BC until then? Good being stuck with you I enjoy the conversation :P picture of Harriet is gorgeous.. What app are you using for the photos?

Khud CONGRATULATIONS : on your BFP keep us posted with your progress it's always great to have people to talk with :D I read thou7the entire thread as well before I first posted :D Swear some of the original guys must have thought I was a stalker :P those tests look great :) when are you going to your GP fir bloods? Also are you going to do progress on your tests? Happy healthy 9 mths to you :D

Fee fee thank you for the compliment :D I think she's absolutely adorable as well :P I'm definitely enjoying the cuddles when she wants to give them lol usually though she wants to see everything which means constantly moving around with her or she's really fussy lol I. Keeping everything crossed for your BFP hopefully this test is your path there :) good to hear the pre seed worked I've heard good things about it :) And OK I get what you mean by infection now definitely wouldn't want that further up... Bad enough just in the vagina... I got thrush during pregnancy soooooo not fun :( Anymahouser have you got your + OPK yet? What CD/dpo are you on? How is the temping going? Have an Awesome birthday.. The big 3 0 :D bet your feeling adult now :D how did the weight loss go? I'm so super proud of you for what you have already achieved :D

Beth how are you going? What CD/dpo are you on? When is your appointment? Sending positive vibes your way

MissK how are you and little miss doing? Not long now? Keep us posted

Sekttc how do you and bubby doing? Keep us posted

Hope all you other lovely ladies are doing OK update when you can

AFM well I've been approved for a new house in Metford NSW in the new estate area yay... Nit sure what the area is like i've heard mixed reviews :( fingers crossed it's a good area like I've been told :) house is so much bigger than my current apartment which is great as it's just getting to crowded.. Who new babies needed so much stuff for one small little person lol... As for Ariah she' was 5 weeks old on Thursday :D gosh time flys.. Have her booked in for her needles next week so that's a plus... She's in more of a routine now.. Shower with mummy every second day. Bed at 8 (unless she decides she wants to cry and fuss for 4 hours then it's before at 11) usually wakes up at 11 or 12 then back to sleep after a feed and change. Wakes about 3 or 4 back to sleep again till 6 then asleep till 8 or 9 and stays awake from around them :) she has a feed and a change every time she wakes up and is pretty easy to put back to sleep during the night. We are co sleeping so she sleeps snuggled up to mummy's boobs lol. During the day how ever is a different story usually goes back to sleep around 12 or 1 but usually only has 40 min naps unless she's snuggled up on me... Can rock her to sleep in the pram but have to keep rocking periodically lol otherwise us mummy holding her or playing on the play mat... She hates tummy time though... And loves the dark except when you first put her in lol anymahouser that's us... Love and :babydustb:
Shia17
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby MrsA87 » Fri Jul 21, 2017 4:59 pm

Thank you so much for replying to me and for the warm welcome :) it's so nice to be able to come on here and ask questions! I went off birth control in October 2015 and we have been using protection since then. We started 'trying' two months ago but I wasn't tracking properly and we weren't BD at the right time. This is the first time we've actually BD close to ovulation. The other two months we BD 4-5 days before ovulation. Apart from the Clearblue tracker I use the Clue App but that's all. I'm not really sure how to track with temperatures etc.. sorry if that sounds silly but I'm totally new to all of this and none of my friends have babies nor does my sister so I'm pretty clueless haha
MrsA87
Friend

Postby Khudsonucf » Fri Jul 21, 2017 5:05 pm

Ewar that so weird that you mention that. I usually don't take anything and just ride it out, but I did ask my doctor and he said I can take any medications I used to if I wanted to. He said if I needed a prescription, he would even send it over to my pharmacy as soon as I needed it. I wonder if oral medications would be different than the topical ones? Either way, I don't plan on taking anything anyways, but it would be good to know.

Shia- I actually already went to my first appointment. I had an annual appointment set up for Thursday, the 20th just to establish care since I didn't previously have an obgyn, but I got my positive tests the day before. Because I surprised them with the pregnancy, they changed the appointment. They did a vaginal ultrasound just to make sure I wasn't further along than I thought since my cycles were so out of whack. (Since coming off the depo shot in May 2016, ice only have five periods which started in November) well, the ultrasound didn't show much since I'm only four weeks now. They drew blood and my hcg count is 37. My doctor called to ask me to do another blood test on Monday to see if my numbers are increasing at an appropriate rate. I know conceiving is half the battle, but I'll feel so much better when the uncertainty of the first trimester is over.

Also, for all the symptom spotters, I'm 11 dpo with a confirmed pregnancy. Other than a cold sore, the only noticeable symptom I had was that my areolas got more pronounced bumps and the bumps are lighter. No change in bb size or tenderness though.
Khudsonucf
Friend

PreviousNext

Return to Pregnancy Symptoms?