5dpo - Want to wait and obsess with me?

Cramping? Spotting? Obsessing? Share and compare your symptoms in the 2WW!

Moderators: JessM, southernbelle, maddy, unaffected

Re: 5dpo - Want to wait and obsess with me?

Postby ewar » Thu Dec 27, 2018 3:04 pm

Took another test first thing this morning and got a BFN :(
ewar
BabyDuster
BabyDuster

Postby Shia17 » Fri Dec 28, 2018 8:12 pm

Hi Ladies,

Nothing much to report over here. 25 weeks today. Decided on the name Kohen.
Ariah is doing great learning to talk more.

Mglupe: how are you going? Keep us posted :)

Ewar: Its very rare to get a false positive. Especially on a digital test. I would say hold for 2 hours and pee again. But I would be going to the Drs for bloods myself. That will give you a very quick answer. I got my bloods taken at 10dpo when I got my BFP with this one and it read as 15 so while quite low still there and detectable. If you are late for AF then bloods should definetly pick it up. Pic of tests? Good luck and keep us posted.

Sekttc: you must be ready to pop by now :) hope to hear from you soon :D
Shia17
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby Shia17 » Fri Dec 28, 2018 8:32 pm

Hi ladies,

On a more selfish note I'm not enjoying this pregnacy as much as I had Ariah's. This pregnacy while physically better is more worrying. Mostly because of my previous loss. I know how quickly it can all go wrong now :( I seem to stress more if I haven't felt him kick in a while. And I genuinly worry alot more. I just can't convince myself that everything will be ok. Mathew tells me to relax and not to worry but then my mind screams well you didn't worry when it came to Alex and look how that turned out. I suppose it doesn't help I'm still on my Facebook TTC after loss group and hearing about all there losses. I never really thought late term loss was a big possibility but hearing how many women on that group have gone through it I just can't convince myself it wont happen to me. I can't even say to myself enjoy this pregnacy because this will be the last time in my life I will ever be pregnant. As we only want the 2. I worry i'll jinx myself and I'll lose the bub and then have to go through everything all over again.

I just wish I knew a way to stop stressing over something I can't change. I also find myself feeling guilty. Because while I'm excited this baby is here I keep wondering what my life would have been like it I had never lost Alex. It's been affecting me more since his Due date came and went on the 18th of Decemeber. And mathew just doesn't understand it. But at the same time i feel guilty because if I hadn't of lost Alex then Kohen would not be here. How do I stop these stupid fears and thoughts ?????

I know the worry sounds dumb but I just can't wait for baby to be here so I can hold him safely in my arms.

On a more positive note we are going to name him Kohen Alex Mathew O'Donoghue <3
Shia17
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby ewar » Mon Dec 31, 2018 12:26 am

Oh shia, it’s hard but you should enjoy this pregnancy. I think everything is heightened when we are pregnant. Find something that helps you focus on Kohan and is special to only Kohan. Maybe buy him a special toy or clothing? Or start a book of memories for Kohan? That will hopefully help you focus on all the good regarding him.
Did you do something like plant a tree (in a tree pot) to remember Alex by? A friend of mine did that with their bub that they miscarried (at 20 weeks, so they also buried his ashes in the pot). Or make something or buy something wth alexs name on it that you can put in your lounge room to remember alex by and ensure you tell the kids about Alex.

It was a false positive for me (or a chemical?). I did 4 tests after the positive and all were negative. I did one first thing in the morning and it was BFN. Then my period came that night.
ewar
BabyDuster
BabyDuster

Postby Shia17 » Fri Feb 22, 2019 8:48 pm

Hi Ladies,

Long time no chat so I thought I would check in.

Ewar: How are you going with the TTC? Keep us posted. Hoping to hear you have a bun in the oven soon :D Unfortunatly I didn't do anything like that. I am planning to get a tattoo of Ariah and Kohen's Hand, name and date of birth and in between have either a blank space or something maybe wings and Alex's name and Date of loss/birth on it. Unfortuntly when we lost Alex we had just posted to Victoria from NSW so we didn't have the ability to do anything like that. Sorry to hear about the false positive. Hopefully you get your real positive soon :) How is Harriet going? Keep us posted :mrgreen:

Mglupe: How have you been travelling? Have you been doing well? How is TTC? Keep us posted :mrgreen:

AFM: I'm 33 weeks and Kohen is still Breech :( so looks like I'm in for another C Section. I go in on Monday to book in. My original plan was to try VBAC if I went naturally but to book in for C Section at 39 weeks so that I didn't go over. As we are due to move interstate on the 8th of April. So we are looking at a date around the 4th April. I'm hoping for the 2nd/3rd if I can get it. As my OH granduates from HMAS Cerberus on the 5th and I really want to go and watch him. I will be devestated if I miss it. So I'm going to mention this to the OB on Monday and Hope they can help me out with dates. Still don't know were we are posting to. Hopefully find out end of this month start of next. Have to let the real estate know at least a month in advance when we are leaving. I have started packing up the house slowly but OH got a bit cranky with me doing it so had to stop. As he doesn't want me over working myself and also anything I pack isn't covered by insurance when we move. Movers come and pack everything. Just hate how they pack as they just grab anything and everything and shove it in together :(

Ariah is doing well. Real miss attitude atm. I almost want to kick her LOL :P So defiant. Think we are running head long into the terrible 2s. I honestly can't believe it has been almost 2 years since I had her. Over that since I joined this group :0 Ariah is going through some pretty bad seperation anxiety at the moment has to be all over me. Not sure if that is because she has noticed the bump or not. But its been a blast.

I'm slowly packing my hospital bag. Did a big shop today. But you forget how much you need for a new born :P wish I had kept my unisex stuff from Ariah but didn't think I would be having another baby this soon :) Although I'm done after this one. I'm not built for pregnacy, SPD and Breech baby I can barley walk at the moment :( I'm actually thinking about asking to get my tubes tied while I undergo C Section.

My nan is coming down to look after Ariah when we go in. But she wont get here till mid week 37. And Ariah came start of week 37. So I'm hoping Kohen stays put till she gets here. Fingers crossed. As I don't want to go in for C Section by myself :/.

I had a 3d scan done at 28 weeks will upload a pic of Ariah and Kohen (from the scan) If I can. Hope to hear from you soon :D Bye for now :D

EDIT: Wont let me upload any pictures :(
Shia17
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby mglupe1979 » Fri Mar 15, 2019 5:26 pm

Hi shia, nice to read your update. Sorry about your baby being stubborn and breach. Dont worry they have until the last week to make that move. As for me nada on my end took a long break, but im back this month to go get mynlast frozen emby. Hopefully the first week in april.
Nothing much to report. Doing estrogen shots every 3 days and will have an ultrasound on March 25 for lininhlg check.
mglupe1979
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby mglupe1979 » Mon Mar 25, 2019 12:06 pm

Hi ladies these pages have gone dead. Jesus i have kept all you lovely ladies in my thought and prayers.
As for me not much thought this was my month to give it a try and get ready for my last emby. But no luck very disappointed with my body. 2 weeks of estrogen shots and my lining got to 7mm and no triple lining. And to tap things up i happen to ovulate on my own this cycle without any warninig. So cycle cancel did a biopsy of my uterus and waiting for my result in a week. Doc thinking i might have an infection. If not will go back in for a DandC to have a closer view. How are you doing.
Hooe to hear from you ladies soon
mglupe1979
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby Shia17 » Sat May 18, 2019 4:13 am

Hi Ladies,

Sorry I haven't replied in a while. Having a newborn and a toddler is exhausting.
On top of this I moved states again. Gotta love Defence life :roll:
Kohen Mathew Alex O'Donoghue was born on the 5th of April.
I started getting contractions at 1030pm on the 4th. Stayed in bed until 12pm thinking it was brackston hicks. I ended up calling midwives at 12 who advised I have a bath/shower and call back in an hour if the contractions were still there. They were. So off to the hospital we went.
Got put on the monitors and contractions showed up :shock:
Got checked and Cervix had not opened at all.
They advised they would keep me in hosptial and do the c Section in the morning.
At 3am my OH decided he was heading home as our daughter was asleep with my nan babysitting and he had his Defence Graduation on in the morning at 9 am.
Just after he left they came in and told me the surgons had decided to do my c section then and there as they were there anyway.
Called my OH just as he was getting in the car and he rushed back in.
Got in for C Section at 6 and bubs was here by 630.
At this time I had been awake for 24 hours and was sooooooo tired.
But he was happy and healthy and is now 6 weeks old.
EBF for 6 weeks and we are now introducing a bottle at bed time to help him sleep.
Ariah loves her little brother.
But 2 kids under 2 with no family support is a tough gig.
Ariah is going back to Daycare on Wednesday and has play group on Mondays. So hopefully she can make some friends.
Honestly hard to believe she will be 2 next month :cry:

Mglupe: Sorry March didn't work out for you. But on the plus side your emby is still there ready to go :) How are things looking this month. I had noticed the site seems a bit slower lately. Hopefully it picks up :D

Ewar: How are you going trying for number 2? Also how is Harriet :)
Shia17
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby hannahdavid » Sat Jun 22, 2019 1:30 pm

I am sure you are not the only one. I know soo many people who are like it. It is something very natural. We do think about it. I hope you get your BFP. Good luck to you. Sending baby dust your way.
-Low AMH and High FSH
-Poor Ovarian Reserve
-5 IUIs (failed)
-1 IVF (failed)
Life is a total mess
hannahdavid
TTC Diva
TTC Diva

Previous

Return to Pregnancy Symptoms?