Too scared to test...again

Cramping? Spotting? Obsessing? Share and compare your symptoms in the 2WW!

Moderators: unaffected, JessM, southernbelle, maddy

Too scared to test...again

Postby Tarheelmommy2000 » Sun Jan 01, 2017 8:20 pm

Hey ladies...I haven't been here in years (6 to be exact) but find myself here and somewhat scared. I am 38 and have a 6 and 16 year old. I have had multiple miscarriages and my DD was actually a huge surprise as I had over 6 miscarriages before here (due to blood clotting issue). So that's some of the background...here is my issue. My last period was November 21st and I am in a 23-25 day cycle like clockwork...well no AF as of yet and I have having pregnancy like symptoms...sore nipples, lower back and abdominal pains (nothing major), hungry, etc). I took a test over a week ago and it was BFN so I chalked it up to my AF being a little late (even though I'm like clockwork)...but since no AF, I feel like I'm need to take another test but am scared...I'm not sure if more scared of it being BFN or BFP. BFN is disappointing because DH wants a boy (my DS is from previous marriage and DD is from this marriage) and I want to give him that...but I'm scared of a BFP because of my history and not sure if I can handle yet another miscarriage. I need to get the courage to take one because I need to know either way because something is wrong if I'm not preggers...is it crazy that I'm scared to test? Most women can't wait to test but I have been putting it off thinking AF will show up and she still hasn't. Please tell me that my fears or valid...and then tell me to test...lol.
Tarheelmommy2000
Friend

Re: Too scared to test...again

Postby beckyrae88 » Sun Jan 01, 2017 9:00 pm

You have every right to be afraid to test, you've been through so many losses, I couldn't even imagine how scary this must be for you. I can't tell you to test, only
You can make yourself do that. If it were me I would be too afraid and I would probably just go to the doctor and get them to do it and go from there. I'm very sorry to hear about your losses. If you are pregnant, I wish you a sticky bean and a healthy pregnancy. Keep this post updated! We Are here to support you if you need it, no matter what <3
me- 29
DD- 10
DS- 3
Expecting #3 September 2017
beckyrae88
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby Tarheelmommy2000 » Mon Jan 02, 2017 4:10 pm

Update: I took a test today and it was another BFN...still waiting for AF. Will probably wait out this month and if still no AF, go to the doctor. Thanks for the input/support.
Tarheelmommy2000
Friend

Postby beckyrae88 » Mon Jan 02, 2017 5:38 pm

Good luck with everything, I hope things go the way you want them to :)
me- 29
DD- 10
DS- 3
Expecting #3 September 2017
beckyrae88
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby Cortnom22 » Tue Jan 03, 2017 8:03 pm

I know exactly how you feel! I am feeling the same way!
Cortnom22
Friend

Postby Tarheelmommy2000 » Thu Jan 05, 2017 12:10 pm

Well still no AF but got another BFN this morning...last AF was November 18th (not 21st as I said before). Not really having any pregnancy symptoms now....slightly nauseous in morning and still fatigue...but other than that and with previous active pregnancies I had sore nipples, sore gums, morning sickness...just a slew of symptoms. Starting to worry...why no period which is usually like clockwork. I plan on making a drs appt for next week so see if I can get some answers.

How is everyone else doing?
Tarheelmommy2000
Friend

Postby katbagley88 » Thu Jan 05, 2017 12:18 pm

Do you know if you ovulated? Sometimes if you dont ovulate you dont get a period. But on the other hand you could be pregnant, its rare but some women take weeks to get a positive test, it happened to my sister she didn't find out officially until she was 9 weeks, she had to have a blood test as hpt's weren't working.
katbagley88
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby Tarheelmommy2000 » Thu Jan 05, 2017 3:49 pm

That's a good point and I'm not 100% sure. I haven't been tracking so I can't say 100%. Yes, I heard about people not getting BFPs for weeks and wind up preggers. My mom was 6 months pregnant with me before she realized she was preggers. She was still having her AF and even went to a doctor who told her she was not preggers (and even prescribed Valium). So our bodies can do some weird things, that I know. I am going to call tomorrow and schedule an appt. it's more about me finding out if anything is wrong with me that is causing my AF not to come. Thanks.
Tarheelmommy2000
Friend

Return to Pregnancy Symptoms?