Am I pregnant?! So confused!

Cramping? Spotting? Obsessing? Share and compare your symptoms in the 2WW!

Moderators: unaffected, JessM, southernbelle, maddy

Am I pregnant?! So confused!

Postby stephanie222 » Thu Jan 05, 2017 4:16 pm

Hi All,

Thank you so much for all of your posts, I've been reading from behind the scenes. I was hoping someone might have insight on my current situation.

I have been pregnant twice before - I have a 9 month old boy and I had a miscarriage (blighted ovum) in October. Cycle returned for November and December. Basically, I have been having strong pregnancy symptoms since December 23rd and I just called my doctor to find out that my pregnancy blood test I took on Tuesday (January 3rd) was negative. I was shocked! These are stronger and earlier symptoms then I had with my last two. My first pregnancy I didn't have symptoms till a week after my missed period. Second pregnancy I had symptoms around the time of missed period BUT it didn't show up on a home pregnancy test for a week or so after.

Details:
LMP - December 8th (typical 28 day cycle)
BD - December 18th and 21st
Felt nauseous daily (in waves) since December 23rd. Lots of cramping and backache.
What I believe was implantation bleeding on December 26th (small dark spotting).
Blood pregnancy test on January 3rd - Negative.

I'm so confused, I thought for sure it would've been positive. How long to wait for a home pregnancy test or a redo of the blood test?

Thank you so much in advance!
stephanie222

Return to Pregnancy Symptoms?