likelyhood of symptoms

Cramping? Spotting? Obsessing? Share and compare your symptoms in the 2WW!

Moderators: unaffected, JessM, southernbelle, maddy

likelyhood of symptoms

Postby Nerdybirdy » Mon Jan 16, 2017 1:47 am

Hey ladies!

I came off of the depo early December and all last week have felt exhausted, headachy, nauseous and crampy. Thought it might just be my period trying to potentially kick back in but my boobs have also gone huge! I mean super heavy and full, measured myself this morning (keeping track of my fitness) and my boobs were 2" bigger while all my other measurement were smaller (so not like I've gained weight)

I took a pregnancy test and its negative which I expected being so fresh off of the injection however it doesn't explain my symptoms.

1. Is it possible to fall pregnant so soon after stopping the jab?
2. Is it possible to have a negative read if you are in fact pregnant?

TIA xx
Nerdybirdy

Re: likelyhood of symptoms

Postby katbagley88 » Mon Jan 16, 2017 6:39 am

Hi
Yes it is possible to fall pregnant soon after and yes you can get a negative result even when you are pregnant. If I'm honest your symptoms sound like ovulation or pms. Even though it is possible to fall pregnant after coming off birth control it is unlikely, you may not have even ovulated yet. My advice is wait another week, if you still haven't had af or a bfp go get bloods from your dr and go from there good luck and please update if anything happens :)
katbagley88
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby Nerdybirdy » Mon Jan 16, 2017 6:50 am

Sorry for ignorance but I'm not familiar with the codes yet. Can you clarify af and bfp?

That's why I thought I would ask I haven't felt anything at all since coming off the jab (worked out I haven't been on it for approx 7 weeks) and haven't felt any of this until this past week.

I booked in with the dr tomorrow to get their opinion x
Nerdybirdy

Postby GKR_1985 » Mon Jan 16, 2017 8:36 am

af = aunt flow (period)
BFP = Big Fat Positive (test)
me: 31 DH: 31
TTC since May 2016 (ntnp since January 2016)
BFP #1 September 2016, m/c October 2016 (6w5d)
BFP #2 March 5, 2017!!!!
GKR_1985
BabyDuster
BabyDuster

Postby katbagley88 » Mon Jan 16, 2017 11:13 am

Af is period bfp (big fat positive) bfn (big fat negative)
Yeah its because sometimes it takes a while for everything to start working again and ovulation symptoms are crazy similar to pregnancy symptoms same with pms symptoms, but at the same time you could also be pregnant already so I think seeing your doctor is a good idea :)
katbagley88
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Return to Pregnancy Symptoms?